Xbox One

So, what are some reasons to have a Xbox One?
I know it has Backwards Compatability, some small indie exclusives, Forza, Halo, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive and… that's it. What happened, Microsoft? The original Xbox was sooo good, why did it get this miserable for them?

Was it though? Take those nostalgia goggles off for a second and tell me the Xbox was really that good in the context of its generation, going against the Gamecube and PS2. All it really had was muh graphix and Halo

I don't think Microsoft has ever really made a truly good console. They just filled the niche of the dudebro market and the dudebros are a relic of the 2000s at this point

1. You want a console that's even worse than the other console.

2. I'm out of points.

There are none

It supports Fallout and Skyrim mods is literally the only reason.
Oh wait. PC has those.

yeah man, it has a treasure trove of hidden gems (some even made by sega and other japanese devs), it definatly was awesome even with the other consoles being great too. also nice cfw support.

Just play those same games on a 360 or PC
lel
lel
You can emulate the games on it
Who?

There is no reason to own a watercooler

To me the Xbox One's failure is not a surprise. After 2009 when Don Mattrick took over, the push for dev interest and support dropped. It became about gimmicks and imitation, and not about getting excellent game after excellent game and giving the developers all the means and support to make the best games possible.

So that shit fell under. Mattrick took over and the late 360 was a joke, the Xbone, carrying on that mantle was a device created without direction from a meaningful source and ended up being a half baked "walled garden" experience that intended to join winphone/winpc/xbox under one hood. Not a bad idea but a horribly implemented one.

I don't see new Xbox consoles being any good for some time. The system needs good leadership, and that's not happening any time soon.

It's unforgivable what microsoft has done. The brand is killed. If it's not, it's only because sony is trying hard to match the fuck ups.

I'm waiting for the 7th gen of cpu to hit the market, then I'm going pc. Windows 7. Won't buy shit from microsoft but the OS, perhaps I'll won't buy that neither.
I was thinking about making 2 partitions, one with linux, one with 10. 10 can't mine datas from the linux partition right?

I think you need a more conservative approach. Ditching consoles is a mistake.

what reasoning do you back your suggestion up with? lol

there are many games not released on PC. Even then, when it comes to emulators they are most viable up to the fourth generation, after that it's a very muddy territory. You should find games that interest you most. If all you play is western multiplats, consoles may still be a better choice considering the horrendous support and over-reaching DRM many games on PC get.

nobody shilled here, wtf are you talking about

It's pretty good for softmodding and using to play every Xbox game and emulating older things with plug and play solutions for 4 people. It's alright. Not to mention games like JSRF exist. Compared to the PS2, it doesn't have a library that interests me as much, but compared to the 360 or the Bone, where I can only ever think of one game on either platform I want and can't get elsewhere (AC6 for 360, technically I can get KI on win10 but it was Bone exclusive for a while).

It's still fine.

We all know you're going to buy it anyway because the little extra money and vidya is all you have in life and you want a shiny new toy you fucking manchild.

Go buy it instead of playing good games

Xbox done has 10 exclusives, and they are shit. W10-xbox done exclusives are shit aswell. Microsoft isn't investing, they never invested in xbox1 and w10 games. The vydia sector is probabky going to put in the trash when scorpio will tanj (and scorpio WILL tank).

Literally the only reason if you have a library of old xbox games.
Beside that there's no reason to buy a xbawks or a PS4 since they lost all advantages over the PC in this generation.

Reasons?
You won one in some contest or drawing at work.
You got one at a garage sale in a box of VCRs.

There's certainly no good reason to go out and buy a current generation game console. If you have more dollars than sense, buy firearms. They won't lose value, so long as you don't store them underwater.

lol, i was mainly asking why it was such a failure, i have no reason to buy a multiplat-machine, user

Embed related, more expensive and less prominence in most countries.
It also started to be sold much later in certain countries.

Playstation is a much more known brand both in Asia and Europe which both Microsoft and Nintendo have done the bare minimal to try to appeal to.

Here is a compiled list of all of the reasons since its release to get an Xbox One:

The xbox brand is dead. It only still seems alive because of the investment they put in it for this generation.

Terrible idea, one W10 update and your other partition is wiped or your boot configuration is messed with. This has happened already to people. It probably can't mine data since the file systems modern GNU/Linux distros use are radically different.

If you're buying new hardware you'll get access to the latest VT-d or AMD-V virtualization technology. That means you can install W10 or 7 inside a virtual machine and give it full access to the GPU and CPU, any latest game will work just as well on a native install of windows.

10-15 years ago dual booting was the way to go. Now with UEFI being a nightmare nobody recommends it.

Compared to the Gamecube and PS2, yeah, but compared against the rest of the Xbox family? I've still got a good chunk of Xbox fat exclusives sitting pretty next to my PS2 games. It's a damn shame my old fat xbox broke.

A bunch of games that should have been on the Dreamcast, and the best versions of multiplats made it better than the Gamecube.

compared to the gamecube? The gamecube has less than 25 games worth giving a shit about. I don't get you nintendo people. It was nintendos worst console of all time, yet so many of you cling to it. The original xbox comparatively had about 60 great games worth playing, maybe 90+ worth trying.

I've never owned a nintendo console in my life, user.

work with me user, I'm frustrated

underageb&

I'll give you something to work with, alright.

1.) that would be the WiiU

2.) Why do you dronishly defend the original xbox when it was just a multiplat and Halo machine? And for that matter a terribly underpowered PC with a Pentium 3

the wii u can play wii and gc games.
the xbox had steel battalion, breakdown, otogi 1 & 2, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and you are also a faggot with no taste who doesn't know shit about video games.

gamecube had melee

Yeah but those 25 were the best of the generation.

Plus every cross platform title that ran like shit on the PS2 looked and ran better on the GC and huegbox. (HP:CoS; Harvest Moon; and many others)

nintendo was at their worst that generation, and third parties started dropping off like flies to more welcoming platforms. if you want the worst installments in nintendo franchises, the gamecube may be good for you, but if you want good games, anything else was better at the time.

N64 fanboys crying into their mono-color 5 polgyon napkins.

kys

The GC was worth getting near the end of it's lifespan but for most of that generation you could ignore it. The same could be said for the original xbox if you had a decent PC or PS2 at the time.

It was more than a melee machine. Just not a whole lot more though.