Obama's shitty policies thread

hey Holla Forums,

I'm trying to compile a list of awful anti- leftist shit Obama has done, so I can shove it in the faces of Obama-worshipping liberals who are literally fucking crying like children because he's leaving office.
it's hard to separate fact from fiction though, especially on the internet, and Wikipedia leaves some things out. help me out by providing me with some examples and reputable sources for them?

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=332856D63987132DFA47667E7DB9C1C7
rall.com/2016/11/17/fascism-under-trump-began-with-obama
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day
youtube.com/watch?v=DrqAUebq6Ic&t=0s
opednews.com/articles/Obama-s-Keystone-XL-Veto-J-by-Joan-Brunwasser-Activism-Environmental_Climate_Environment-Policy_Environment-Ecology-151208-692.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much his entire foreign policy apart from the normalisation of relations with cuba

I imagine if you just type in 'Chomsky on Obama' into YouTube he'll have many insightful things to say, the man knows fuckin everything.

that's a great idea, thanks user.

Yeah. Despite how anyone here might differ from Chomsky on ideological lines, he's a wealth of information on the topic.

I was talking with a guy and he mentioned something about a law passed by Obama while in the senate that apparently is the reason Banks had to take high risks loans because of it

anyone knows if it was really a thing or is it lolbert propaganda?

The Iran agreement was good but will now virtually certainly not lead to improvements in relations with Iran.

Comrade Dore just made a video like this.

Link?

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=332856D63987132DFA47667E7DB9C1C7
This book has a pretty good overview of Obama's extremely neoliberal economic policy

This editorial by Ted Rall is a good start:

rall.com/2016/11/17/fascism-under-trump-began-with-obama

>that NSA data storage center built in Utah in the middle of nowhere in the desert because it would be murder for anybody trying to fight my overpaid overequipped mercenaries who have just spent a decade PLing by killing middle eastern person for the last decade in this climate for no reason

but it is not a may-may
they are literally to-big-to-fail
they have structural importance
and not just for US, but for the whole world (except NK maybe)

you american plebs are one of the most clueless bunch ever, excuse my generalisation

your federal reserve is literally central bank of the earth, unlimited deficit financing is your alpha and omega

americans, you are special, you are so fucking special, you don't even understand…

you live in the belly of the beast

This is a short list that I came up with that I'm pretty sure no liberal could argue with

Keep in mind, people assume "Drumpf" will enforce LGBT internment camps because he has both houses despite not having said anything bad about gays. Meanwhile, Obama had both houses and

I mean his incompetence is probably what is taking the tpp so long to go through

But thats assuming he's incompetent and not just a glorified reality tv star tricking "progressives" into docility. But im giving them the benefit of the doubt :^)

Oh yeah I forgot

Its literally the first thing he ever did and apparently that didn't tip people off

Good fucking riddance.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day

youtube.com/watch?v=DrqAUebq6Ic&t=0s

nah, it's pretty true

t. clueless american

Killing kids with flying robots

Expanding the surveillance state and handing it over to fashies

I've always hated how everyone judged Obama for what he stands for, disregarding what he actually did. Liberals praise him and conservatives hate him, but I see him as a 2nd Bush and really think it should be vice versa.

?

did we miss anything?

I think they meant Clinton

and the culmination being he fucked up so badly Americans elected a P.T. Barnum reality tv show host to succeed him

CIATFBIRS

Using child soldiers in Yemen to put GPS trackers on supposedly terrorist combatants who were then droned.

Some of these children were discovered and disassapeared by said terrorist combatants

He deliberately did not re sign a treaty on the non use of child soldiers in regards to Yemen to facilitate this.

You guys got links to this stuff? I'd try and spread the info if I had it.

Also more shit he specifically did that wasn't done under Bush. My take on Obama is he's just a puppet for "The Shadow Government" Pentagon/DOD/Alphabet Soup/Military Industrial Complex whatever. What modern president wasn't? He ran as a centrist saying I'm going to be a good manager and just hold together the shitty system already put in place.

Of course there was the vague ass Hope and Change bullshit. I think that basically translated into doing a large PR campaign to the rest of the world which I guess was so successful they gave him the peace prize before he even did anything.

Major broken campaign promises:
-No close Gitmo (Liberals are always going to say he wanted to as much as anyone but muh Republican congress)
-Government Transparency

Is there any clips of him making promises or statements about The Patriot Act tomfoolery?

I was bracing myself for the non-stop apologism, and "he saved America" bullshit that Vox and other liberal outlets were already spewing, and were ready to go into full force with a Clinton presidency. The Trump surprise flipped a light switch on all that garbage.

But anyway….

"“I am willing to move on entitlement reform–even if my own party is resisting–and I will bring them along as long as we have significant revenues so that people feel like there’s a fairly shared burden when it comes to deficit reduction.”
-Obama

Also remember all that talk when Bush was in office about CIA rendition? Did they ever stop doing that or did Liberals just stop complaining?

I'm still shocked that people don't talk about this more

good worker

bump, for good thread

This whole gulagposting has to stop, OP is a faggot, sage.

This is high end gulagposting at a rate that I have never seen before.

Jimmy Dore talks about his repeal of habeas corpus a lot and I'm not quite sure what he's referring to.

Why are you referencing a '50s scare tactic? I've never heard any modern president mention Loyalty Day.

Was Obama involved personally in getting the cops to come in and beat up Occupy protesters or was that some New York governor?

His veto of the Keystone XL pipeline segment was entirely a cynical political decision done at the last minute. The rest of the Keystone pipeline was completed thanks to his Executive Order to expedite building it.

Also he approved construction of yet another pipeline by Enbridge as well.

opednews.com/articles/Obama-s-Keystone-XL-Veto-J-by-Joan-Brunwasser-Activism-Environmental_Climate_Environment-Policy_Environment-Ecology-151208-692.html

Don't let anyone tell you this fucker is a friend of the environment.

Chairman Dore's two cents.

ah, the letter agencies

are they filtered here or something? CIA

hey CPUSA, how are you? The burden of proof is on you assholes on how the fuck an austerity pushing war-hawk is a leftist. I've PERSONALLY SEEN ROCKEFELLER REPUBLICANS LEAVE THE DEM PARTY BECAUSE OF HIM

this.

Which is why there's a pretty solid argument for nationalization. If they are so important, why the fuck do we let them be run by profit-hungry rich fucks who know that no matter how much they fuck up, they got the state behind them because they are so structurally important?

Also, to a lot of the people talking about the wars in the middle-east. Ending the wars there is not as simple as pulling out the troops and stopping the bombing, and I assume you realize this. The problem is that there are a lot of different interests in these places, not the least because the US/NATO fucked them up. What the US should be doing is trying to make sure that whoever ends up filling the power vacuum has the interests of the people in mind, and not some other imperialist force.
What the US have been doing is continuing the policy of the past 50+ years of:
1. Pursuing not the interests of the people for whom they're supposedly intervening on behalf of, but rather the interests of the American empire.
2. Aggressively using military means of bombing the fuck out of these countries, rather than pursuing methods that don't result in the death of thousands of brown people.

If anybody is interested in hearing some more about how fucked up US foreign policy has been under Obama, chapo trap house did an interview with a foreign policy guy a couple weeks back, episode 52 I think it is.

To the man with a hammer in his hand, the whole world looks like a nail.

That garbage was never on this board, newfriend. Kys.

I meant apologism from the media, not this sometimes entertaining trash fire.