/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Goyrizon 3 edition

The Horizon 3 demo came out only for xboners tho :^)
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Qemu-USB-Wheel-Storage-mod-Singstar-test
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer_DRIFT_2
naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/
club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30
don't
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=aZP5ebHeKDc
thecrew.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_Stations
twitter.com/nicalis/status/760250988712177664
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows store piracy when? I don't feel like buying FH3 on PC anymore.

putting this webm here again, the ets2 wheelie i talked about

The Ultimate GT3 Compilation has a GT3 Cadillac in it, it's surprisingly one of the better cars added on the grid.

I wonder if you can download the appx and install them like apks in the Android world.

APKs themselves are drm free i'm not so sure about microsoft's new windows packaging standard

Best turnleft game

So user, why haven't you gotten past Hokkaido and beaten the 13 devils and kingdom 12 yet?

Bumperino

You can sideload UWP apps and they are surprisingly light on DRM (You don't even have to put it in if you don't want to) but the encryption on the format itself makes Denuvo look ez mode. So it's probably going to be a long time till its cracked.

Also anyone in the last thread wondering about NASCAR Heat. Game is broken as fuck on PC (Some graphics options like Anti-Aliasing do not work at all and Steering Wheels aren't working properly) and there's a ton of complaints on the Steam Forums about cautions not coming out even on major wrecks which is a huge problem on short tracks since it wipes out the entire field (Ironic because people are bitching about too many Cautions in real races lately)

Sucks because apparently physics and career are exactly like Dirt to Daytona and the AI is really good, otherwise.

I am in need of a proper wheel, and I found a guy selling his G27 for a honest price, should I?

logitech's drivers a pretty shit. But I dunno if that's a recent development or what because I use a G920

Dont even know what game that is m8.

So, And updates on modern aussie cars coming on rfactor 1/2? i love the classics but want something modern other then the v8 supercars.

what the hell is this? i thought this burgerland category was only about going left

the retarded AI still acts like you are on an oval track tough

I heard conflicting stuff on the G29 and bacause I mostly play on older stuff I'd rather get the G27 so i'm sure there's more compatibility, but I'd like to hear more opinions on that

you poor soul, you haven't even conquered Hakone yet…

Is the emulation ok? i got a g25 ( think, i gotta go dig it out.)

with Qemu usb driver wheel mod you can use pretty much any racing wheel out there. I have G920 mapped and it works well for GT4, TXR3, AutoModellista and TXR:D2 but I haven't figured out how to fix force feedback so just turn it off.
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Qemu-USB-Wheel-Storage-mod-Singstar-test

The emulation is pretty good at native resolution without AA, after that it get's a little complicated but it's fixable with a couple hacks here and there. Consult the wiki.
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer_DRIFT_2

Is your computer shit or the game sucks at upscaling?

They're both kinda ass, G29/G920 use the newer LGS that has some issues while G27 still has the 6 years old Profiler which is a piece of shit.

Compatibility should be more or less the same, unless you're playing a shit game that has a wheel whitelist instead of letting you play with the settings.

Bad at upscaling (I have an FX9590 and an RX 480) You should see the game without alignment hacks.

Anybody find a torrent for NASCAR Heat Evolution yet?

NASCAR has had road courses for awhile, m8. Sonoma and Watkins Glen

Can I bitch about something?

I really love the Motorstorm games, they were fucking great. After Burnout, Motorstorm is my favorite racing series of all time. I have nothing but respect for Evolution Studios.

But this shit sucks. HOW IS IT SO BAD? Evolution made it for fuck's sake. Were they forced to make it at gunpoint or something?

Maybe they're just shit at making not arcade games.
Or the Motorstorm games were happy accidents.

My money is on happy accidents. If you can't replicate it, it's usually because you don't know how you did it in the first place.

Speaking about complaining, why do all the grip cars suck ass in RRV? I want to be able to hug corners and keep my car mostly straight, not swerve at the drop of a hat. I guess they wanted to bring back an emphasis on drifting but holy shit, Type 4 is way better.

But they managed to make 5 good games (I never played their old rally games, so I don't know how they are).

Driveclub feels like the fluke to me, because it just doesn't seem like something they would make.

I assume they reused their engines for the decent games since it just werked. Or maybe they've lost all their competent developers, who knows?

The WRC games were decent but not mind blowing. CMR games were better in every aspect except for licensed cars.
All the Motorstorm games are quite alike, so maybe they stumbled upon a good formula and kept it alive for as long as they can. Then they tried to be more ambitious with DC and it failed.

I haven't actually played DC though, so I can't really tell if it's bad. It looks okay from videos. Don't really know where the guys that categorized it as a game only Sony shills would enjoy have as actual arguments.

I'm the original king of the mountain mother fucker. But yes, need to get back so I can polish it off for a third time but I also want to finish Kaido Racer 2:Chain Reaction since the physics are fucking butter.

At least it's nothing that's "Back to the drawing board" right? So it probably be updated to work, ever the sad trend.

It's been a long while since I've played RRV Emulation never ever but I don't remember the Grip cars being horrible. Of course you have to drift some of the corners The Special Soldat Rumeur notwithstanding. Do you find them too twitchy in a straight line?

Even if they did reuse the Engine there's still balance, and track design that needs to be redone

If you have a stronger CPU, it runs fine in SW mode, using either DX9 or DX11. It's how I've been playing it so far.
The problem to me feels like they lose control way too easily, so as soon as I let off the gas and I'm still turning, I'm now sliding. In Type 4, letting off the gas just made you slow down but you had to tap the break to start sliding and make the turns a bit sharper. But the grip cars in 4 were insanely good at making turns so you rarely needed to slide and just tap the breaks to make a sharp turn and then you get control back. V feels like it takes an eternity to get control back some times. I mean, I'm getting used to it now, but man it's different. Actually, I wonder if I'll get better control if I use an analog stick. I've been using a dpad on a fightpad to play both games.

FH3 demo is downloading (18.34 Go)
I think nearly all my cars in Forza 6 are repainted in lightish red with dumb stickers

I have a pretty beefy rig (Though it is showing it's age these days) but I tried emulating it a while back and noticed that it had an internal frame rate issue (PCSX2 reports it running fine, but visually it slows down noticeable when it's outside the tunnel).

Yeah letting off the gas while turning initiates a drift is a thing actually every other Ridge Racer does (It fucked me up visiting RRtype4 actually) so it I'd imagine it'd take a bit going from Type4 to anything else.

Also I remember the analog stick not working for RRV for some reason, so maybe find a better D-pad if you can.

Kill me, Pete. Thanks for the heads up though, I was wondering if that was the case. I'll just keep working at it and get the hang of it. Outside of that, V is a pretty alright game. Not the best racer, but fun. I also downloaded the PSP Ridge Racer and that seems to be a little more manageable with the MLD styled cars for me. Still a bit easy to lose control but way easier to get it back.

nice cancermobile
heres mine

nice :^)

Will any video game ever top Burnout Paradise?

By the way, ==THE CREW FOR FREE STARTING TOMORROW SEPTEMBER 14TH==

So my G27 arrived today and I just set it up, no desk for it so had to use my lap to test it out, gave a race in DiRT Rally.

It blew my mind… I can't believe how real it felt, like driving a real car, even just in automatic with the wheel resisting and the full travel distance for acceleration compared to keys or buttons. I can see why people do this shit, very visceral. Does not feel like a glorified toy like some sort of arcade stick thing.

So it feels good, now it's a matter of finding a good use for it and trying to find a suitable table or get the stand for a cheap price.

Mate nah, even if it's obviously way better than any other controller it's still nothing like driving a real car. I also refuse to believe that it would feel like anything if you used it on your lap. Surely the Forcefeesback requires some sort of attachemnt point.

shit tier trolling from a kid who never drove a car or just an overdose of semen?

A lot of games really, getting all the way back to restart an event was fucking annoying to say the least

I have driven a car, and not a fucking automatic like you USA faggots who can't change gears. The force feedback in your lap is difficult to deal with but if you have muscles like an grown adult man you can hold the wheel down by pressing into your thighs and deal with the feedback. Sorry for not being a little bitch.

But yes, it feels close enough to the real thing.

that'll wear off, and then you'll be ogling VR before long

so shit tier trolling is the right answer

G25/G27 is like driving a real car. I practiced the whole stick shift shenigans with it before entering driving school.

three 1's away from satanic trips, what do you even call that?

$1000 for a screen strapped to your head is way too much. No real software support either. It's dead before it ever took off.

I don't think "real" is what you mean, but that it's just more accurate than a pad. I have an old ass Interact V3 I used on NFS3 way back when, and it was the only way some family members could play that game without getting motion sickness. Shame the wheel is really not that great.

Fuck, now I want to get a new wheel.

You call it Faiz.

In sim racing force feedback hardware can cost up to $28,000 minus a steering wheel and a PC. $1000 is pocket change.

Way ahead of you

Oh yeah, today is Kaixa day isn't it?

Oh fuck, how did I miss that? It totally is.

Why? That doesn't make any sense unless they're gouging consumers royally. Decent actuators aren't THAT expensive.

I would never get the use out of it to justify the price tag. Use seems very limited. I would mostly be playing non VR games or using it in a bizarre attempt to read books or maybe some comics. It's neat but not $1k neat, would rather dump that money into other things.

Because user Racing and car autism isn't as mainstream as you think it is

Oh shit i totally forgot.

I only paid half that, cause I got the oculus but yeah you're 100% totally right. Great fun, but not worth the price tag.

You do get some fun footage and stuff out of it.

Bumping with some driving music

the Escalard should've been the last car Cadillac made but here they are again covering themselves in shit and yelling about it because their buttplug was made out of carbonfiber.

found the bmwcuck
enjoy your fake engine noises and culturally enriched cars

the crew will be free soon will /ogc/ play it?
here's a gameplay video from my personal archive

Is it REALLY worth uplay though

nothing is worth uplay.

well then

nowadays people sperg out on drm simply because it exists instead of claims like it fucking over the paying consumer. The fact that it's free means the only thing you might have to worry about is the possibility that uplay spies on you. Overall i'd say it's worth it specially since you can also set uplay to only start with the game and instead of a program continuously running it becomes an updater and a social network with a store, plus if you really cared about spying you wouldn't be playing closed source vidya exclusive to a closed source operating system.
Basically claims against uplay only really make sense if they aren't just handing the game to you and you paid for it but i feel ubisoft has done pretty well since now you can still play your vidya without an online connection if you have logged in at least once unless it's an online only game

now those are some unexpected digits

There are motorcycles in the crew now? Since when? I got the game from a video card promo, are they giving out the base game or something else? I remember there was an expansion to the game at some point.

very nice

yeah the expansion is worth it but some improvements added by the expansion still apply to the base game. I don't know much however since i only bought the game after the expansion released and i bought it with the expansion

checked

Did they ever add TrackIR support? I remember around launch quite a few people were asking for it and they said they were looking to add it.

checked

RIP thread

No it's really not, you can practice some shit but in the end it's not like driving a car at all. No forces applied to your whole body, a brake pedal relying on physical travel instead of force, a clutch pedal with no bite point (and shit clutch sims), very limited force feedback peak strength, FFB deadzone in many games, the shifter feels disconnected (because it is) and more.

It's nice. It's fun. It's somewhat realistic in some games. But it's not like driving a real car. And that comes from someone that also learnt basic clutch operation with video games and a toy plastic wheel.

Yeah, it's fun and uplay can work pretty much in background and only show its face when you launch the games so it's not even really annoying.

Also uplay supports some sort of data streaming so you can start playing the game (about an hour's worth of tutorial and introductions to the great story) while it's still downloading. Which is very good.

Also, bikes are trash.

i haven't tried but naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/ says yes. ctrl f the crew

we had quints before and it didn't even derail the threads

TrackIR support in The Crew is trash. It's basically mouse mapping, and using the mouse to look around has both a deadzone and will recenter it after some time.

Just in case you're subscribed to the group, you'll get a pop up tomorrow notifying you that The Crew is free. Just follow the link in the announcement and have fun.

That's a shame, I wanted to drive around mini-USA and use trackIR for the extra immershun.

I'm touched

It's not nearly as bad as you made it seem. It's not great but after I fiddled around with it for about 40 minutes it was ok as long as I disabled all axises except yaw which is how I use TrackIR for driving games anyway. Also had to triple the speed, get rid of smoothing and get rid of any sort of deadzone as well. Didn't notice anything with it recentering by itself though recentering with F12 seemed to worky pretty badly and instead cycling through the camera angles would usually do the trick. I think I'll fiddle with it some more so I can sit here with my stupid hat and drive very fast. I had totally forgotten how "special" The Crew feels and I'm not sure it's a good feeling.

I trained on a freeware BMW E90 simulation and on the exact same model later in driving school and the sim implementation was pretty much spot on. Thanks to that I got all those complicated movements fully automated before sitting in the driver's seat for the first time. So all I had to think of was "get moving", "stop", "get faster", "get slower", "steer there" while everything else happened automatically. Driving instructor noticed that and threw me right into rush hour traffic.

By the way, how is Dirt Rally? Is it worth $27?

yes

One axis. Two axes.

So I've been wondering, what could save Gran Turismo? A better selection of cars? more customization?

xtreme racin

Great, maybe I'll have to try again of my DIY setup is just not good enough for this game.
The handling model is odd but it keeps getting better until the 1299 cars that resemble an actual car. I guess the underlying scaling to make cars compete at their level is just broken.

Rush hour traffic is the easiest IMHO. Actually in my driving school we only "unlocked" fast and empty roads after a few hours of slowly creeping around the city.
But it's still not like driving a car. There's only so much you can get from a computer peripheral running a flawed sim. Sure, there's some level of mechanical feeling from basic, simple movements like moving the wheel, pressing the pedals and operating a virtual clutch, but there's only so much pretend cars can make you feel about the real thing.
M3 Challenge is basically an rFactor mod so you get the good old ISI physics complete with the same exploits people have been using for over a decade now. Actually got banned from M3C for trying to play online with a modded car.

Yes

Nope, GT already has a large car list. If anything, trimming the standards would help to make it more consistent.
But apparently for GT Sport we are going to get yet another sim car list with a bunch of GT3s and some prototypes so we're in for disappointment.
Doubtful. Paint editors like in Forza games are fun, but GT lived for years without any sort of real customization and still don't think it needs it.
There's not much to fault about modern GT games apart from technical pitfalls. The physics are good, the car collecting fun is still there, the graphics are a bit below par but who really cares.
What GT needs is to finally release games instead of fucking around and delaying them. Tell Kaz to fuck off, idk, but stop looking like idiots pushing back your release dates to "when it's done" and refunding preorders.

And trim the fucking standards.

btw The Crew is now available for free

inb4 uplay servers down

daily reminder that drift stage has 5 LEFT CORNERS

As expected,

THE CREW GIVEAWAY DOES NOT INCLUDE DLCs

However, it'd be a nice opportunity to get a 8v crew going

That was 2 years ago, maybe you can change it by now but God damn I haven't checked.

Fire Kaz. Shut down Polophony Digital because the working conditions are poison and likely one of the reasons there's so many delays and the games technical performance is fucking awful. Assemble a team of some of the best sim racing developers in the world along with the remains of PD. Pile them with money to license whatever they need in their place. Shell out whoever much money they need to grab a team lead from Turn 10 who knows how to stick on schedule. Then reboot the entire franchise with a GT3 A-Spec level of content of 250 or so good cars and lots of tracks that can be added onto.

The problem with GT comes from the top. And that's what they need to fix.

I think the fact that it didn't even make Sony's stage show at TGS again (And that was incredibly light on content as is) means that they really fucked up hard. I'm not saying Cancelleation but apparently what the build they showed at Gamescom was so bad that Sony was refusing to allow websites to take direct footage and TGS they went quiet again that I could see them doing a significant rework and push it back to 2018.

And it's good because crews are limited to 4 people and I think that's the good size for /ovg/ :^)

Yes you change it. All the guys still called guest5640168 in game are probably not aware of that.

Do all the games work on emulation? if so ill download the games now.

This game is kind of tough. Usually I play really arcade-y shit like Burnout. I like the idea of picking up a more technical game, but I'm having a little trouble with this one. After fucking around with my car's tuning I have a setup where I can actually drift, and sometimes I can even do some decent drifts around a few of Hakone's tougher turns.

Do you have any advice? I barely know anything about actual racing and drifting, other than a few basics.

Go on PRC and buy Black Flag :^)

A quick search tells me that's a book, right? Or, well, a .pdf file. I'm assuming you're joking, but is it actually worth picking up? I just finished my most recent book, so I wouldn't mind some more reading and I don't mind investing a little time to learn more about the genre.

I tried both FaceTrackNoIR and FreeTrack with my own build before I bought a TrackIR and it beats the others hands down. The tracking is so much more accurate and the software much better. Obviously it costs a fuckton more but if you use it for more games than a handful (I also play flight sims, milsims and space games with it as well as driving) I think it's worth it. The deadzone and recenter issue definitely sound like something I had trouble with in some games when I was using FreeTrack.

Is Redout any good on steam? I miss Wipeout…

OSVR is about $400 or less isn't it?

How come Dirt Rally is so much fun despite being so stressful at the times?

It's more F-Zero GX than it is Wipeout.

If you really want Wipeout, get Formula Fusion. It's by some of the people who made Wipeout.

or ballistic ng

It's a bit of a joke, it's made for hardcore simracers and autists. Probably not suitable for a chink drifting game.

Well the price isn't too ludicrous for something that works and doesn't hog a CPU core. It's just low on the priority list.

Yeah, but then you need a $600 GPU if you don't want it to look like ass or make you sick.

Where do I learn how to tune cars in the Forza series? I'm playing Horizon 2 I realize it's an arcade racer, but it does make enough difference and I found one video but he only covers tires gears and alignment. It does give a description of what each part does, but I would like more depth and explanation.

You can learn some basics by using general purpose tuning guides. Attached is a pretty good beginner level tuning guide, initially made for GTR2 but most of the ideas apply to other games.

But the biggest thing to learn if you want to be leaderboard front page fast are the physics glitches and exploits. All games and sims have some.

Is The crew free, or free for a limited time?

You get it now and is free forever, but the availability of the giveaway itself is limited

Free forever but only one month to get it.

They're probably hoping most people buy WR or CAU when it comes out and make money out of that. Like EA giving out MW2012 but still selling $30 worth of DLC.

sheeeit, thanks

That's a nice starting point, but that's very basic info, I want more depth. As I said, the game itself does give an explanation, but I just want more understanding than what it gives. I'm just gonna tune the cars and try it out. Thanks.

to the nerds playing the crew add "UltraMedicated" on uplay. it would be best if we got a 4 player /ogc/ crew but if you're playing play with me

Have you tried contacting Ubi support?
You can change your Uplay account name through the website/app but it might not apply to all of their games.
I used to have a shitty name for my Uplay account, I changed it last year but it didn't apply to Far Cry 3 so I contacted them and they changed it for me.

Well fuck me, but is it impossible to use a controller in that game? Shit's twitchier than a horse's cunt

The best method I've found is to just tune suspension to the tire telemetry, adjust standard presets for the diff, and never fucking touch the transmission past the final gear ratio because fuck that shit. Dump into wings until you turn into a snail on the straights, and do what you want with the brakes, as long as you aren't going Initial-D every time you touch the pedal then you can make it work. Also don't touch your cams, cause then you're forced to fuck with the transmission due to the higher redline

Also holy shit I had to confirm my captcha five times before rebooting the browser fuck this shit

Why not?

Camber?

This is all new to me, so I'll learn as I go along, all sound advice thanks a lot.

Despite me loving the game all TXR games really I'll be the first to tell you outside of Kaido Racer 2, the physics suck, hard. But what my advice is, is to actually tune for grip like a regular game (read the descriptions of what tuning does and try to aim for a little oversteer), have short gearing like a rally game (Speaking of which , buy some sports tires if you run race tires regularly. And check the map before you race someone, be on the look out for roadwork) and there's no shame in upping the Traction control. Also make sure to reinforce your car, it makes a good difference in handling.

And for a drift car go FWD and max out the handbrake

Right some tips so stuff makes sense
Is when your car "Pushes" to the outside during a corner, you want to minimize this as much as possible
Is the opposite and the front end dives to the inside of the corner (Often resulting in a drift or power slide if not careful.
Short is better for accelerating, but make it too short and it's worthless, Long is for top speed but too tall and you'll hardly move.

Transmission ratios are as close to an arcane are you'll find. Keep it simple for to make sure you don't fuck up too much. And I think he means the cams for the engine you have to buy. The higher revving the engine is capable of means it will just chew through the stock ratios.

Go for grip then, got it. Thanks, that advice probably saved me a lot of frustration. I started with an FR, but I have my eye on a 4WD, so I'll switch to that when I get enough cash. The game actually seems really cool, but I admit I was getting a little frustrated with my drifting performance. I've made a bit of progress since I first posted at least, just unlocked my first slasher race.

Anyways, thanks again for the advice

/ogc/, is the Ferrari Red Legend wheel a good beginner wheel? I'm expecting it to be about the same or maybe better than a T80, which seems to be slightly more expensive. Or should I get a T150/TMX instead? I'd be interested in a G29/920 but they're expensive as fuck in comparison.

You can't. I'm stuck with this situation where I wanted to change usernames, accidentally made two Uplay accounts and split up older games on one account and newer games on the new account. They won't even merge the accounts or give me secondary keys to activate it on my preferred account. Even though EA is the devil, their customer support is better than this.

IT'S OUT

club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

I tried a bit of Forza Horizon 3 demo, it looks really nice, you can choose an avatar, either a pseudonym or a name. I understand why it's locked at 30 on Xbox One, they made a lot of progress in terms of scenery.

I've got a question about the PC version, is it only on Windows 10?

yes

You cowards don't even race the Nordschleife.

True, but that means the cost really varies from person to person.
If you were already interested in a high end GPU and got one already then it isn't too huge a jump.

Any way to adjust the FOV or stop the camera from moving so much when you're turning in the crew?

I just downloaded 4Gb and the game was playable, but it heat up my CPU more than any other games I have, even with everything in Low, is it a weird thing where I have to download everything to fix it or is the game that badly optimized ?

It has been for a whole 8 hours.
ur too slow

IIRC camera look to apex can be disabled. Not sure about FOV though.

Thanks.
I guess I might get the xbox one version.

Maybe you can try to up the settings to put a higher load on the GPU.

Yes, the game is playable once the engine and the few cars shown in the approximately one hour long intro/tutorial sequence are downloaded. If your internet is fast enough you may even download the rest of the game while doing so.

I don't lose control of my life enough to have been awake for release.

Putting everything in Ultra didn't change anything for my CPU, it runs fine but I'm a little anxious to see it goes to 70°C, maybe I'm just a little paranoid, my TCase is 72°C.

Very few are worthy of the legend…

so who's the crew is ok, it drives like having all the assisssts on, the steering wheel camera turns a lot and it's annoying.
However the game feels like underground 2 the MMO and sytling on fools on the street is cool.
who's playing it?

I saw in the settings there was a setting for the assists, still haven't seen anything when it comes to the camera.

What are some rad ass driving games for Linux? Emulated Windows games will do I suppose.

So I've been playing The Crew for a bit now, I can confirm the story is fucking awful and is worse than the story of TDU2.
Physics are feeling pretty meh, the cars either feel on point of like a boat. I've decided with the Challenger after noticing that I'll get more time highway driving than city driving in this game.

Super Tux Kart :^)
Actually, if you want an older NFS game, NFS2SE has a wrapper that supposedly works in Linux. I've only tested the Windows build though. Alternatively, emulate consoles and get racing games that way. But if you mean stuff like Outrun, I got nothing.

why not the datsun?

Oh thank God there's a Linux flavored free as in freedom clone of literally every genre of game ever.

at the bottom of the controls menu there's a slider for camera animation. it adjusts the head turn for corners but doesn't remove the stupid nitro and break fov changes. afaik those can't be disabled. also the slider is greyed out when you have certain controllers plugged in or some shit. it's fucking stupid.

I wasn't able to change it until I went to the cockpit camera.

Do add me anons, UltraMedicated on uplay
i can speed up completing the story and bully you for coming second

leave assists off, if you're a nigger and want to have an advantage leave them on sport

my negro. eventually you'll figure out the r34 is the best car at everything

Oh god fucking damn it. First it was in NFS, now it's here.

it's on every single fucking street racing game. Before the expansion the best car on actually everything was the ford focus though, but now the skyline is either the best or one of the best on any class it can go in (which is all of them except bikes)

dude the skyline is the best
unless you're some kind of rotary shitter

so does uplay have the equivalent of steam groups we can join to the crew?

no, you'll have to add everyone as a friend

made an account just for The Crew
go add ToddHoward_Beth

so we'll get a google doc going with our names/regions.
good idea Y/N?

sure
i wonder how many will be je suis montes since everyone i met on this game is a frog

Already ahead of you.

don't use link shorteners/forms/nunzhcO2UKc3XxkD3

Just slap your uplay name in there and (if desired) the part of the world you're in, and then use the docs link to see who else added in.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit?usp=sharing

Mark you fucking jewish NEET.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform

[spoiler]I know it's a pain in the ass, but it beats the alternative of having an open Google doc page and like the last time, having 4chan's thread raid it and delete all the info for pictures of minions and sex toys.[spoiler]

just turn it into brazil vs the rest you twat

Already changed it to Brazil vs not Brazil. HUE

Actually I think hotwheels is the one who banned them globally because bots used them to link to cp. He did a rant on it on twitter forever ago.

Anyone else missing an auto update checkbox?

For the user who mentioned the direct link to check the list:

I know it's a bit less elegant than just giving full control of the docs over, but it helps prevent vandals.

Wait till you hit Ground Zero

Downloading my free dose of disapointment now. Hey atleast I can also play my copy of Driver San Fran I got from a dollar store ages ago if I don't like it. Though does anyone have a good ENB for it? I remember it being very yellow.

Also since the limit got upped to 10mb I can just post this now.

To be fair though, the best in class is only relevant in standard PVP modes. And even then, unless it's as broken as the Perf LaFerrari or Circuit 8C were broken pre-nerf it's not a big advantage.

For the rest of the game finding a car you like is better unless you're a tryhard BR nigger :^)

Dude they recently updated their website and broke user profiles. Community is a completely alien concept to our Ubisoft overlords

Over 150 posts and no one mentions iRacing in a race game thread?

Stop racing against shit AI and get some real drivers who wont run you off the road on the first overtake chance you get.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZP5ebHeKDc

Hi James, they ban you from halfchan?

Also Holy shit 170 posts in 2 days? We've hit the big times boys.

good joke

Also, yeah, having a free game boosts the popularity of the thread.

It has licensed cars, but it only had the budget for like 15 of them, so they should've just used unlicensed ones.

The handling has that "doesn't know whether it wants to be arcade or simulation and winds up being something fans of neither will enjoy thing"

And the whole just has zero personality or identity of its own.

If you just sat me down in the middle of a race and told me to play I'd swear it was just a modern, bad Need For Speed game.

The graphics look okay, I guess.

Honestly DriveClub isn't terrible, its just not good.

Sony shills gonna shill, though.

Where my fellow west coast niggers at

Been playing it for the past 4 hours now, ended up doing a trip from St. Louis to San Fran through Salt Lake City and Las Vegas, then San Fran to Los Angeles with an interlude at Laguna Seca, then Los Angeles to New York City with another guy who had cruised along with me through the trip, then New York to Miami through Washington DC all in one straight sitting.

Not sure how I feel yet about the car level system, the steering feels fucking awful but it has a lot of comfy ass moments that would make it really fun with others, such as the guy cruising with me through the middle of the Mojave at night on my way to New York City.

Oh, is that what they're doing? I always figured they were trying to run me of the road. So I lure them into a crash and leave them in the dust.

It really is comfy.
Feels good, man.

For those that played the FH3 demo, how does it stack up to FH2? Will it be worth getting?

I haven't pre-ordered a game since ME3, and I put down 100 funbux for FH3 Ultimate after playing the demo.
I meet my fate like a brave man.

to be fair FH3 has a good roster of cars

So I have a chance to get a Lexus LS 4free and I was asking if I should flip it and sell it or keep it as a daily driver

Current car is a Civic

Lexus is a '98 I believe

My Civic is a 2007

what year and model?

I believe its a 98 LS

The old LS is becoming a pretty stylish car these days, but the automatic and the fuel economy can be troublesome. see if you can nab a manual gearbox from a 300z, a Mark II, Supra or anything else that had a 1JZ or 2JZ motor.

Found good things about the car though im noticing all the used have lots of miles(obviously) and most people when they get the car get a full service and new brakes put on it, looks expensive to maintain as well.

Do some research if your gonna keep it.

>implies that i should install newest drivers that apparently crash the game for fucking everyone and will probably gimp my GPU because lel nvidia
Man I feel good that I got it for free, holy shit I'd be disappointed if I paid actual money.

Kinguin was selling the preorder packs for 5 bucks a few months ago to clear stock.

Yeah, that's the fun of this game. The map is quite well designed, some roads are fun to drive and overall it's comfy. The feeling of discovery is brilliant.

Not sure if last drivers shit the bed, but I remember one specific nvidia version from a few months ago that crashed it. But they fixed the issue with the next release. And reddit isn't flooded with idiots unable to downgrade their drivers so it should be fine.

This would have been an incredible clusterfuck if it released this year. Holy shit, fire Kaz already Sony. Put someone competent in charge of GT.

On top the of framerate, shit like this is why I prefer Forza. At least they put effort into making the tracks look pretty.

Never mind that, it looks dead as fuck. Maybe it's the track, maybe it's the total lack of visual oomph except for some shit flares, but it looks like some sort of clinical vision of racing where is everything is clean and spotless.
And the font used everywhere is trash. Why did they have to remove the clean font used in GT4-6?

Also quite triggered by the driving skills shown

No that's just metropolitan japan in general.

True, but they already did Special Stage 5 and Tokyo R246 and they looked significantly better and more interesting.

That is a really dead looking version of Brands. It's almost sad looking.

I'm reconsidering playing the crew after going to a garage and seeing some cars are locked to real world currency and others are locked Crew Coins

well ever since the genki racing project got discontinued the Tokyo Xtreme racer boys must've joined up with polyphony. maybe that's why the game has been getting all these highway tracks.

Id that's stopping you from playing does that mean you don't play most racing games made in the past decade?

The game is free. Why the fuck do you care if it has DLC. Just play the base game, have your fun with it and be done.

what if I have fun collecting the cars I want?
I can't do that without shelling out extra cash

Then you play something else? Preferably something made before the advent of DLC. There are still a lot of cars you can collect in the game. Too bad if your absolute favorite isn't one of them but the game is still free. If it really bothers you so much then pirate the game and the DLC if it's possible. It's incredibly stupid to deny yourself a decent free game because it has DLC.

Shit man, the G920 is $225 on burgerland's Amazon right now. I'm really tempted. It's really solid quality, right? I have rFactor and I plan on getting PCars to make use of it.

Then just don't, most of the DLC cars are not really worth it. Besides, after joining a faction you'll get some CC (which I recommend spending in skill points) so maybe you could afford that one car you really, really like.

But really what did you expect from a game that is supposed to be kept alive for years by Ubisoft? Sure, I'd prefer it if they stuck to expansions like Wild Run that actually add content and not just a few cars to fuck around but the season pass was probably to test the waters and greenlight the expansions.

If you really want the cars, season pass is 10 bucks on Amazon for 19 cars.

Yes, for this price it's really worth it. Paid as much for my G27 years ago.

Heh, here in Yrop it goes for at least twice the price, and that on Germoney Amazon that is the cheaper of them. I hope the prices will go down because if I can't find a G27 I will buy a G29 for Christmas or so

Thanks for the responses. By the time I ordered it was $250 but shipped directly from Amazon not a third-party. Still a good deal for burgers, kinda shocked at how expensive it is for yurop.

I know, but two years ago on amazon baguette it was at this price. Don't understand tbh, at this price they're dangerously close to the better Thrustmaster wheels.

I heard conflicting stuff about Thrustmaster stuff, to be honest, like a plethora of people having issues with the T300 (the model I was planning to buy before I decided to get the G29 instead), early models or what? It's seriously hard to figure out

One of my friends has a T500RS and he's pretty happy about it. Maybe the 300 is of a much lower build quality but I doubt that.

Logitech wheels themselves are not shy about technical issues. My G27 had a sticky brake pedal that never returned to its 0 point. Fixed it by taking the pedals apart. Also at some point the wheel started squeaking a bit when turning to left quite inexplicably. And finally, it seems that the Logitech support stopped replacing your broken items as easily as they did in the past so the assurance that if your wheel breaks down in its 2 years warranty (my G27 had a 3 year one, interestingly) you'll get a brand new one just isn't there anymore.

And that's not even talking about the shit rotary encoders that sometimes move a bit around and make the wheel useless

I assume most of the issues are at least fixable on the consumer end in some way? As in, if my wheel starts to break, I can take it apart completely and take a look at what might be the cause?

Yeah you can do whatever you want, whatever wheel you have

Cool. I figured most wheels have access to all the parts, but I didn't know if some were weird or required basically breaking the wheel to get inside it.

Meh, I will test my luck and get a T300 then, good thing consumers rights exist.

so there's still hope that I can get the datsun 240z?

Doesn't open the wheel void warranty though?

Probably, but I'd only open it after the warranty has expired and I can't get official support for it.

Good point

IIRC you get 100k CC when joining a faction, and IIRC the datsun is 50k so yeah, you could.

(checked)
It does, but unless there's a particularly shit warranty sticker doing the job properly means it's impossible to see the device has been tampered with.
Last resort though, unless the support tells you to eat a dick when you complain about your expensive toy being broken.

But I once had to use the datsun in a Wild Run race and it was ass in Dirt spec

I spent mine on perk points, the first thing I did when I assigned perks is maxed out Double Down from zoe so I can get double perk points. Combine that with the CC and and I have triple the perk points.

Bought a 240z, can confirm it's terrible in dirt spec.
5th is too long and you just bleed power on any road that isn't downward facing.
Looks fucking cool in Rally spec tho

Speaking of dirt spec, I'll be making a wild run across the east coast for the dirt rod parts later today. Let me know if anyone else is interested in getting them as well.

I'm down for some comfy cruising.
Rockerio

Additional notes on The Crew for newcomers:

Around level 10 you get faction missions, which give you a nice CC. Buying perks is cheapest with CC vs buying upgrades or a new car, and this investment will pay off over long term. You'll also gain the ability to earn money by sending your friends on missions. Think of this system as the system from Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood where you could send people off to foreign cities to do missions at a certain chance of success.

Shit, I bought a 240z and a skyline

Don't remember how much the 240z was, but for the price of the r34 you could have purchased 12 perk points with the CC. You can buy perk points with money too, for 100 a pop.

Bucks.

100k bucks bucks a pop.

How's the multiplayer racing in The Crew? How populated are the average races?

they're populated ok, half the people you play with are rammers who quit once they spin out.

Does /ogc/ like Gran Turismo? I still play GT5 XL Edition, doing endurance races and time trials. I'm 2 hours in the 4h Nurburgring challenge with a Red Bull x2011

Adrenaline
(checked)

I haven't played very many racing games but i've been interested in checking out the genre. where's a good place to start?

I wish your guy in the crew didn't look like a retarded hipster

Depends on what you want to get into since there's usually a concensus of two different subgenres: arcade and sim. Want more arcade? Yar harr an older Need for Speed game, or Ridge Racer. Looking for sim? iRacing, rFactor, Project Cars are good places to start. Biggest question is do you want it to feel more like driving a real car or do you want crazy video game antics?

Which games do you'll cowards want a sequel to the most? my settis:

Smuggler's Run
Midnight Club
Tokyo Extreme Racer
F-Zero
Tourist Trophy

TXR hands down, even if it was mediocer by TXR standards it would still blow everything out of the water.

How ever I once gave though to how a Smuggler's Run Next-Gen Sequel would be like and came up with
Chose from a host of Vehicles from nimble and cheep sand rails to unstopable Russian Troop Transports to get the job done and earn as much money as possible..

TXR

I heard its 8 people to a "regioned instance"

How do I associate The Crew with steam.. It says it can be done but following their directions (adding non steam game) never presents me with the dialogue to sync

I feel like it would have to be Smuggler's Run and Midnight Club in one game. Setting should be the middle east and russia, like said.

I think they stopped letting you do that.

seems they only let you link with xbox, playstation and facebook now… weak!

So I've been playing the Crew for a bit and I've come to some conclusions. One, the exploration/cruising is fantastic and should have been what Forza Horizon 1 had. But the Driving physics, while not terrible could do with some polishing Though it could be I'm just early in the game and the RPG aspect (Which shouldn't be there, but isn't as bad as I though it would be). and the customization is kinda poor. It's basically the inverse of what NFS '15 turned out to be

I've been enjoying it quite a bit myself but it seems pretty grindy (probly to force you to spend real money)

It's not bad, if if you if you stick with one car. You can send friends on missions if you need more cash.

Remember that other people are playing in and out of the thread so go out and create create a crew.

Flatout 1 is still best racing game

Dont make me get in my bonecracker

If you want an arcadey racing game that still has some feeling of physics, flatout 1

Gotten to level 21 in The Crew now. Also accidentally found myself in Las Vegas.

Just beat the main story, level 50. Free to do whatever now that I'm done.

how many cars have you bought?

I do, but the recent entries have been quite disappointing. Only got a PS3 recently and started with GT5 Prologue, which is pretty good and feels better than what I remember of GT5 on a friend's console.

Go straight to rFactor and become an autist.

No, they still allow you to associate with Steam but you have to launch an UPlay game bought from Steam. Why would they force you to do that is beyond me.

Got to level 50 before even half the story thanks to a lot of exploration and skills. Still haven't finished the story with nearly 100 hours in, because I just can't be bothered. Though I think I'll cave in very soon because the constant calls from the NPCs are very annoying.

Personally I only used the starter Challenger until very late in the game. If you want alternate cars, you can find the wrecks and get a bunch of different spec hotrod styled cars that don't suck too much.

You're right m8.

Or at least you would be, if they hadn't made Flatout 2.

Too bad you can barely see out of them when in cockpit view.

Ridge Racer V is probably my taste defining racing game, played it at launch when I was still in middle school. Does it emulate well now?

Is it weird that I find I have too many camera options in DA CREW?

Sadly no, the textures get fucked up and it has some weird internal frame rate issue For me at least But every other Ridge Racer Game I've emulated has worked flawlessly so feel free to try them out.

Only the Nissan Skyline R34. I saved up for it, then bought Level 40 for Perf, Circuit and Dirt on it.

Yeah Level 50 is a lot easier than I expected, only taking me a day and a half solo. Right now I'm trying to figure out ways of making dosh. The faction race I listed is pretty good since it pays out well, can be done in about 10 minutes with the proper route and is simple as just "drive 20 miles, try not to wreck" which makes it even better inviting friends to cruise with.

Send friends on faction missions and do PVP.

Why is the radio in this game so shit

I turned that shit off.

There's like 4 songs, and I'm certain I've heard them on a Cricket Wireless commercial in 2014. They're just so bad but it's something to listen to even if the amount of music is low. I've nearly turned it off twice in the three days I've played this game.

Which radio station are you listening to? I found sinewave digital to be very chill for cruising

There's multiple stations? the fuck

Yes, radio "app" on your "smartphone".

thecrew.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_Stations

Also, good job hitting 260 replies in 3 days

Also has anyone else notice that they gave us none of the DLC like they said.I'm pretty sure the Wild Run is just an update

Wild run is a DLC, they tell you about the extreme events and shit, but if you try to join them you get the "Buy Wild Run" message

So they haven't even given us THAT, fucking frog bastards At least we can consider it a very extended demo and the Season pass actually buying the game.

they never said they'd give us any pay content. They carefully made it sound like they would but really just entailed that it'd be updated.

where did they say they'd give out the DLC as well? I never figured they'd give that out considering it's a very standard move to give out the base game as a freebie after you've released an update to rope in some suckers to buy your dead game and Ubi is jew as fuck in general.

considering what's in the dirt DLC I don't know why anyone would care, the whole dirt aspect of the crew was pretty terrible anyway. also now that I returned to it after last playing it around launch, man it's fucking boring. It's crazy how terrible the driving is. I've not played an arcade racer in a long time and actually driving the car in one of those is so boring and lacks any sort of skill. I can just put a rock on the accelerator and kinda steer. That's pretty much how I went from east coast to west coast last night.

I'm more annoyed by the INCREDIBLY low sound and terrible engine sounds. I figured they would've fixed that since launch but nope. if I want to listen to music I'll listen to my own shit instead of generic 6 month of FoTM that got included but I can't just pipe in engine sounds. I can barely hear the engine rev up so I have no feedback on when to change gears.

I don't think they actually said they were going to give the DLC away.

That's strange, I never felt that the engine sound was too quiet.

I miss 90's arcade racers. Sega, you know what to do

Post your carfu

Your carfu isn't even real.

It's a good moment to remind that The 90's Arcade Racer was nothing but a scam (or Pelikan fell victim of its publisher) and it still hurts

small car, quite potent engine, fun

So its dead? I was hoping it would get released soon.

The last sign of life of it I am aware of was a tweet through Nicalis, the publisher

Here the tweet
twitter.com/nicalis/status/760250988712177664
polite sage for doublepost

How dare you make me choose…

From what I've read nearly all of Nicalis games go into limbo.

They've most likely scrapped the other versions and it will eventually just release on steam.

that's why it's a carfu, user. she lives in my dreams

Who knows, if their app doesn't suck balls I might even leave deezer

Also, post chill driving tunes

Also I'm convinced the car they used to illustrate their drum & bass driving playlist is a fucking Fiat Panda 4x4

Yes, it totally looks like a motherfucking Fiat Panda 4x4

good taste

different genre but chill imo

Now I've gotten to level 46 while powering through the missions. Just got Mountain States done. Game is rather easy but tedious at times fucking takedown missions. Ford Focus
Also don't take long trips through railroads, it'll make you feel sick. At least, it did for me.

shit dude, hadnt heard that in centuries

Obviously.

Takedown missions are ass, and even more so when you're going for plats. There's one in New Orleans with a Z4 that's complete bullshit as even with a 1299 car catching that fucker is nearly impossible. And if you're playing coop, you're also competing with your pals to hit the AI more and get more points.

But not as bad as the missions about collecting packages in the wild.

RRV works okay in Software mode on PCSX2 but it looks ugly as sin that way thanks to interlacing. You can play basically every other one, save for the Vita one, 6, and 7 in emulators really well. Personally, I'd say give the PSP games a look, since they're pretty solid and a good mix of classic Ridge Racer drifting and still offers extra grippy cars that you might be fond of in RR4.

It's dead. The website for it is down and the last bit of news canceled it for WiiU and PC, and was apparently going to PS4 and Bone. And the name changed to 90s Super GP or something. Which sucks because the game trailers made it look like it was finished.

Fuck having to switch gears constantly with raid types. Just fuck 'em.

Not bad

This is a pretty unfortunate nickname the game decided to give me.

I had good times with Dirt Rally before those motherfuckers forced a 10GB update to make it compatible with FaceJew

They took AccelPower away from me for WaveDash and then they took that away for this… I feel robbed.

You just happen to enjoy Italian cuisine

What do you mean? 10 GB patch just for Facebook support sounds like you're full of shit. Also I've played 20+ hours of Dirt rally and haven't seen any Facebook shilling anywhere.

Are there any mods that make rFactor more arcade-like? Yes, I'm a dirty heretic, but I want to be able to play with a controller some times.

Does Dirt Rally have VR support? That might be what he's talking about.

Might be. I think I saw webm of someone driving where the headmovement seemed like it was VR. What a pointless thing to complaing about though.

Yes. A mandatory 10GB upgrade to make it compatible with Oculus Rift.

Already to 300 posts? A shame, /ogc/ threads are hella comfy

Yes indeed it does, enjoy the 10 gig mandatory patch if you don't have it.

If I really have to pick…

I don't care. The game is really good and who the fuck cares about 10 gigs.

my man

Is it possible to make the crew not run at 60 or 30 fps?
Shit's making my monitor spaz out every fucking time I click on it or out of it

It's not just the Rift, any DR update is huge. When the game came out of EA there was a mandatory 35 GB update for basically fuck all.

Codemasters technical expertise at work

IIRC there's an FPS lock somewhere in the options, or just edit the XML configuration file

[engines screaming and turbo chirpring in the distance]

And there I go, story mode complete, level 50. Will be ready for a road trip tomorrow, because I'm going to fucking sleep.

In the trailer they had promoting the give away a guy said that it would include "Content added". Hands Rub in the Distance

Datsuns make my dick hard

ALSO RIP FASTEST MOVING /ogc/ THREAD EVER!

thread went past wipeout style

If you do the faction event I linked earlier, you can bank somewhere around 40k if you do it with friends.

Can't wait for BallisticNG to have netplay, that shit looks fun.

Got myself a proper ricebox.
this game is fun when you blow by someone and they start to race you in the middle of the street.
Had a 3 way duel with some randoms until I hit a tree and couldnt catch up anymorrre.

Why don't you just fucking Paul Walker yourself right now if that's how shit you drive.

So is wild run worth it?
What about the season pass, i'm pretty tempted because of the C3.

Managed to explore 100% of the east coast and most of the Midwest, not sure to continue with the midwest or move onto exploring the south, rockies or the west coast yet.

The Season pass is $10 on Amazon and comes with the cars for free you otherwise purchase with the CC on joining a faction. It depends on how much you find the game enjoyable because it's interesting but in less than 3 days I feel like I've already seen everything.

Also I just noticed that Wild Run is $12 on Humble Store for the next day, in case you'd prefer monster trucks, dragsters and so on.

Well I just beat the game so apart from driving around I won't be doing much, guess I'll pass on it then.

do you earn CC everytime you join a faction or is it a one time thing?

One time thing, you get 100k CC for joining your first faction. It might be tempting to spend it on a car and upgrades, but I'd recommend cashing in the CC on perks and waiting until level 40 for buying new cars as you can upgrade everything to bronze 40 immediately and by that time you'll make money easily. Right now I have every performance altering perk and gameplay perks maxed out due to the investment I made early on in the game. The only perks I didn't max out are the "save money on new cars or package tunings" simply because it's disadvantageous to use more than one car per category.

what this nigga says.
Buying perk points with regular shekels is expensive as shit.
I don't care because i got around 3 million cc by abusing a bug

Also, if you're having issues getting parts for all your cars, remember that skills give parts by level region. Think of it like areas in an MMORPG except for cars.

I typically go for slalom or precision skills, it's pretty easy once you learn the trial.

What bug? I've been trying to find ways of making huge bank but every video is "Drive down the bridge in the Milk Farms in Midwest and jump off the barn when you get your combo up" even though it's only about 2k-3k every 30 seconds.

CC is the microtransaction currency. There was a bug in the past where if you got CC as a reward for being on the top few on a monthly summit there was a chance it would bug out and give you some more every time you logged out and in again. So i made a simple bot and left it running, but ubisoft actually fixed the bug pretty quick before i had a crazy amount of CC

Oh, that makes sense. I was checking youtube trying to find out and I'm getting a bunch of children who keep talking about glitching out the garage somehow. Sucks nobody bothered to make a text version of the glitch.

the garage thing is just a visual, interface bug. it might say you have a lot of CC but when you try to spend them the game says you don't have anything

That makes sense. It also doesn't help these people have awful taste in cars and never repair the car so they're constantly in a state of wreck.

I found one video where the guy chromed the car, then upgraded the engine using the glitch and was confused why there were shovels put into the engine not understanding what a piston was.

how are you supposed to get plat in races?

Fug, I'm stuck in de_crew I ltierally cannot progress in the game because the game fails to load a chunk and I get stuck in purgatory until the game decides it's loaded the shit it needs and resets me on the track

I have this bug but it happens in an extremely weird way. If i unplug everything on my computer and put it in the living room with the TV it happens, if it's in my room with the monitor it doesn't

Also if i open the crew with a SD to USB adapter that's empty the game asks me to insert something on the sd card reader

I did some digging on the ubisoft forums and it's been known problem since launch.
So yeah, quality ubisoft product.

Bravo, ubisoft. I was wondering if I should try to grab this since it's free and all, but now I'm really uninterested.

You need to be lvl 50 to be able to get platinum.

Do Coop and have someone faster than you drive with. Having a level 50 friend with maxed out cars is an insanely easy way of getting through the game.

Dude it's fucking free. If it doesn't work or you don't like it then you can just dump it on the spot. You have zero to lose why would you not at least add it to your library if you change your mind later on. I can't believe how picky people are over the free shit they get. The Crew isn't a good game but it most certainly is worth zero fucking dollars.

I've been playing it for about 26 hours, I would probably estimate this game as being about $10 from what I've seen. It's trying to do a lot there at once with the levels and multiplayer and such, but due to the mechanics not working out so well actually hurts it more than helps it. I would have rather seen one large server for freeroam rather than these small TDU esque lobbies. When I say $10, I mean the game, Wild Run and the season pass combined, like some Ultimate Edition or whatever companies call it now.

For free though, I've gotten plenty of satisfaction out of it.

Consider this, you're getting a game with licensed cars for free.

That's a bit harsh IMO, the game has its shortcomings but $10 for a game with this much content and still being somewhat supported by its developer is a bit small.

Though I will agree that the season pass should be given away, at least to those that buy one of the expansions. It's hard to understand its existence and its relevance when not much more money can yield you WR and all its content. The season pass cars aren't even that amazing.

Page 13 already, new thread now?

I will if Holla Forums doesn't shit his pants