Despair are now off the island
how is it gonna end?

my idea is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7c7O-bRYsY8
youtube.com/watch?v=TSrX5QaneQY
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=851678
twitter.com/pepsigem/status/779136209671036928
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-22/danganronpa-3-anime-concludes-with-hope-arc-finale-on-september-29/.106778
gematsu.com/2016/09/new-danganronpa-v3-launches-january-12-japan
twitter.com/IllConstruct/status/782010051804430336
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's shit, it could have been good but they made everything stupidly over the top. Japan was a mistake

so, you've not played the games.

He's just driveby shitposting.
He's a meme person, he's programmed to shitpost, he can't think anymore.
Meme is sespair, meme people are despair.

This is when I invite you to take a huge shit on your hand and just eat it.

I've played the "games" and I think the series is shit. All style, no substance. The music can be groovy at times.

I've played hentai VNs with better characters and plots than Danganronpa.

Quality response based redditbro.

Tell me how it isn't shit, I expect at least three full paragraphs

shut up furry, you got shit taste in video games

I like Danganronpa and I'm excited to see the last few episode of the anime and V3.

Junko is one of the worst villains in fiction though.

Junko is shit, it makes it even more funny brianna wus favorite video game character is junko

Junkofags are probably all just batshit insane trannies

They had the opportunity to make her good in Despair side and instead they just doubled down and made her shittier and shittier every time she was on screen.

It's shit, goyim, but it's decent material for teens and under. People over eighteen should be bored of something with less substance than The Matrix, and sick of looking at shitty art. I blame fluoride, hormones, and miscegenation for those that aren't.

k

Never understood what it is about this game that triggers such flagrant shitposting. Is it solely because tumblr likes it?

fuck knows
we use to discus it just fine when the second game came out during the first exodus

tumblr gets triggered by the games because of Chihiro

from what I noticed it was only tumblr during the first anime and before the game came out
like the homestuck retards jumped onto it and forgot about it soon after

what is left of that is the smelly fujoshits and you cant really blame fujos for liking this
its pretty intro to VN fujo bait thats for sure

Please let it end like a Greek tragedy. Have everyone die and no happy ending. Don't know why but those are my favorite stories.

Female protag for DR3

I just pirated the Danganronpa series (thank you Prophet) and it is a fun over the top game.

Never trust cute girls.

That explains a lot. The most hated character in fiction loved by mentally ill degerates. It's like poetry.

Perhaps but then how do explain modern popular culture? Fallout 4 sold 12 million in the first week and Captain America was a blockbuster.

Or

Either there's gonna be a huge meta pay-off like in 2 or it's just gonna be some generic anime ending. I'm hoping for the former

I don't think I can fathom such a thing.

AWWWWWWWW SHIT NIGGA
youtube.com/watch?v=7c7O-bRYsY8

So the protag is a grill this time ?

yea
she kinda cute

2 sounds kinda ok
but god there are so many bad ways this can end

ANIME WAS A MISTAKE - Miratai
And Chisa was probably the mastermind, given her brainwashing clockwork orange style
What i don't get is why the opening clip is counting Togami and Hakagure as remaining survivors since they're not even in the game

Chiaki is dead though

They got caught trying to get in to save them so they are part of this it seems since they are in the killers hands now

Maybe?
Look i dont see any other reason for them to have an actual real chiaki that was part of the remnants class that isnt the AI chiaki from DR2 unless she is more important than "well ye chiaki is real and she died thats why she is an AI in dr2"

Weird, I guess they decided against the Naegi android from the earlier material being the protagonist.

Aside from "batshit insane trannies" being a redundant phrase, i'm disappointed every time junko shows up, because the Mukuro Junko from the first game was pretty bro-tier until she died. Despair arc managed to spoil mukuro, and made me hate junko even more.

It's funny that anime literally destroyed the world, from what I'm understanding.

Sayaka was one of the few characters the games did right. Reminder that she died only because she couldn't commit to betraying Naegi and left decisive evidence that saved his life only because she really did care.

Daily reminder that miscegenation exists as a 2deep4u fetish.

How horrifying
Ruruka had it coming

Or you could say she left evidence for her petty revenge since she didn't want her killer to be the only one to get away.
I don't know why Kirigiri wants you to believe that it's because she actually cared about you.

So I'm only following the Despair Arc and haven't gotten any new episode in 11 days. Did they died ? How's the future arc ? Heard it's shit.

Future arc is super shit, essentially for 11 episodes no one made any progress investigating anything except maybe kirigiri who seems to have figured everything out and written it down ages ago and just decided not to say anything to anyone before dying due to no one figuring anything out in time :^/
Sole redeeming factors of Future arc is there's one episode about Komaru, Touko and Monaca that is decent even for someone who dislikes Despair Girls and there's a possibility the finale will just be the Despairs coming back from the island and killing/saving everyone.

Kirigiri died because of her forbidden action, an incredible fucking asspull, "Survive 4th phase with Makoto alive

But Chiaki dies in 2.

Gee, I don't know either. Do you think it coulda been because Makoto cared about her?
You can believe that if you want, but it makes no sense to me. She also lost the initial struggle against Leon when there was no possible reason other than she was conflicted

You think they'll write off the Future arc as non-canon in a few years since nobody likes it?

That was an AI tho, we don't know what happened with her yet

English subs for the V3 trailer
>youtube.com/watch?v=TSrX5QaneQY

Maybe she was needed to get Hajimes humanity back because he loved her before they fucked with him.

yea but that doesnt really explain her strong relevancy during despair
gotta remember during 2 their memeories are wiped so its not like the AI being Chiaki was important

They we're sealed, not wiped. Because Mikan got hers back and I'm pretty certain Hajime got fragments of his back at the end of the game as well.

What if Chiaki wasn't an AI? She could have very well lied to you just to make her death not hurt so much

I was thinking that as a possibility at one point as well. I don't think it's as likely now but it could still happen.

Alright motherfuckers I think I know how this is gonna go down (the murder part at least):
Now obviously that doesn't make any sense because this isn't a setting with zombies in it (yet), but I have a couple reasons why I believe this:
1. Gozu was tied up before he was killed, and they went out of their way to show how good Chisa is at tying people up (she tied up Teruteru and Imposter Ryouta in the despair arc, characters even commented about how good she was at it. This also happened right at the beginning of that arc which is when the episode of Gozu's death was released). She also wouldn't tie him on the ground because then he'd die from his NG code. I didn't get the point of it at first because the ultimate wrestler would never get pinned to the ground, but if he could be tied up then that would make sense. Gozu was also going against Munakata and Juzo's plan which explains why he was chosen, and those were Chisa's closest friends.
2. Seiko was slammed into the wall with great force, and the only person who is shown to have ridiculous physical strength is Gozu (who bashes the fucking floor in at one point). I don't have a motive for this, though I expect that to be revealed soonish by showing some reason for Gozu to hate Seiko (like giving his rival performance enhancing drugs in a wrestling match)
3. Ruruka was shredded to pieces, sounds like something that someone who just took a bunch of drugs to become a semi-werewolf motherfucker would do. Her mouth was also stuffed with candy which would be Seiko taking revenge for the shit Ruruka gave her for not eating candy. It also explains why Ruruka in particular was chosen because Seiko hates her.
4. Tengan said that there were multiple traitors/killers and this fits with that very well
5. The suicide theory is dumb because how and why would Gozu suspend/tie himself, Ruruka maul herself, and Seiko slam herself into a wall if they were just going to stab themselves anyways.
6. It's the last thing you'd expect. Even if you're thinking about multiple killers, obviously the only people you wouldn't think of would be everyone that just recently died

My only problem with this is that again, zombies probably won't be their explanation (clones, fake deaths, etc) but I think what I said is still going to be mostly correct.

Have you been watching the anime? She exists as a real person in the anime (despair arc) and she was an AI in the game, so the AI dying wouldn't affect Chiaki herself.

>YFW Chiaki is the 13th Branch Leader and the one commanding the Jabberwock Death Squad boats

RIGHT WING DESPAIR SQUADS

Basically Hajime is Hajime again, but remnants of Izuru are still in his head

You got that backwards. Izuru agreed at the end of the game to live as hajime hinata, implying that he's still izuru, but he's got hajime in there as well.

Who gives a damn, honestly
DR1 was fun but lacked any sort of fulfilling conclusion and the hope-despair gimmick was shit
DR2 was shit all in all but for a couple of characters, I don't get why people love Komaeda so much
Anything else is just boring

It was cool as a twist that the evil mastermind was just a Gyaru bitch that supposedly died at the beginning of the game, but other than that she's definitely uninteresting and one dimensional

It's way more popular than it deserves to, mostly because of SomethingAwful and tumblr clinging onto it

He was a fairly interesting villain, way better than junko or monokuma at any rate. But it's a love to hate thing, I don't get why people would love him period either.

Komaeda basically pulls off exactly what Junko failed at. He's charismatic and a likeable person on the surface who can believably get people to listen to him and lead a group but you can notice some cracks in his facade and by the end of the first case its clear he's 100% crazy yet with clearly defined motives and thought processes. Junko never managed to pull either off convincingly, her charisma is entirely told rather than shown since you never even interact with her before the last trials and her insanity is unconvincing and randumb with goals and thought processes that read like first drafts that the editors skipped over.

I thought the murders of DR2 were almost universally better than those of DR1, with the notable exception of chapter 3.

>So he brings as much despair as possible to the entire world by causing the horrible event to occur and then invents the killing game.
>That way, he can make the ultimate hope, the one that shines through the ultimate despair, and he can be there to experience it.

Even before Junko and the ultimate edgelords became a thing, he was on this thought process. He used them to his own ends.
And even after Makoto stepped in to send him to rehab, he was exactly the same. There was nothing to rehabilitate. He was simply bringing hope to everyone, after all.

fujo bait

Chapter 3 was Ibuki right?

The Ultimate Bullshit

Chisa is the mastermind of the killing game in 3
After everyone falls asleep, the bracelet wakes one of them and they are made to watch Mitarai's despair anime from the monokuma monitors. They are brainwashed into brutally killing themselves like what happened in the last Despair arc episode.
That is what the old man meant by "everyone is Despair"

it was mind control techniques (that were developed for the love love anime of hope) used in the mutual killing video of the student council

so it was not the anime, it never aired afaik, but might in the ending of the future ark if who I think is who I think is

Didn't he have brain cancer or some shit and in the process of curing him they fucked him up mentally?

Someone didn't play D2

Seriously that last case was bullshit after bullshit, but I believe it

He said he have

later on he admits to be lying, or lie about lying due to embarrassment (since he also said the only thing he really wanted was to be loved by someone before death), it is unknown which is which. But considering that more than a year have passed, and he is still alive, the cancer is probably a lie, or super high school level bullshit

NAAAAAAAGIIIIITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

feels bad man

It'll be on the best platform.
youtube

toppest of keks but relatively speaking that's true

A nice new thing that requires a vita

You can't imagine the amount of money I save just by waiting for sales or good emulators/cracks

never said I wouldn't wait, still feels bad.
Imagine bannerlord not coming to pc for 2 years after consoles

Danganronpa came out on the PSP in Japan only.

Vita fags had to wait 3 years too.

Looks like the girl on the left is the definitive main character. The girl in the right is my waifu though. Please don't say bad things about her.

she a Gyaru?

Probably. Hnggg

Is it just me or does the protagonist girl look a little on the chunky side?

Looks like it's just her jacket to me.
The gyaru looks to similar to the protag though. Almost as if she was a different form of her.

How to fix DanganRonpa

ye that woulda done it

FFFFFF
FFF=
FFFFFF
FFF
FFF
FFF

Really puts a damper on my interest in V3 since clearly all the writers are retards, not just the half working on Future.

I only watched the first episode of despair, and still this post doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

We knew this would happen, just not how.
But this was fucking brutal.

They picked the dumbest how though. It could have been a brutal scene emotionally, could have been a turned class member doing it, could have been Hinata, could have been Chisa, could have even been a random accident and it would have been more interesting. Instead they just make it a 30 minute torture carried out by the chaotic-retarded villain.

So the ending of a danganronpa is an interminable slog of shit flying off the rails, tonally deaf to the rest of the story, and featuring way too much Junko ?
It could not possibly have a retarded amount of times the word "despair" is uttered, now could it ?
I warned you about the endings bro

You'd think after people shitting on the ending of DR1 and DR2 they'd get the message and fix it for 3 but apparently no dice. Is there some secret mass of Japs or other nationalities whose language I can't understand talking about how much they love those endings offsetting literally every English speaking fan who hates them?

I can understand giving the benefit of the doubt, but the entire premise of side despair always reeked of Junko stomping on your balls for four hours. Besides, SC couldn't even finish zero escape even remotely well, this venture was always bad news even before seeing side future.
But I guess I can't be too hard on someone with so much hope

The real despair is from hoping this anime would be decent.
Bravo, Chunsoft

Oh god, this series. This fucking series. Split into 2 parts because I have a LOT of shit to say.

So a long long time ago there was an LP done by a nice person who translated DR1. I read (and watched parts) of this LP and pretty much enjoyed the plot, except for the obvious sequel hooks and the dumb ideology about hope and despair.
Then this guy did another translation LP of (part of) 2 and the spinoff manga Zero. I actually followed this pretty frequently and got interested in the plot and stuff, avoiding spoilers as much as possible. But he cut himself off after 2's localization got announced. This pissed me off greatly and I stopped caring about the series until about whenever episode 3 in the animes came out. (I got curious and had to blitz through the rest of 2 and Zero really fast.)

So the plot of DR1 ends up not mattering except for the locations of the survivors at the last trial of 2 and in 3F, Fukawa and Togami in Despair Girls, Junko and Mukuro in Zero and 3D (and Junko AI in 2) and maybe some other cameos in Zero. Also the killing game was televised for people so that drove the world into despair more, I guess?

DR2 similarly ends up not mattering except for introducing most of the cast of 3D and informing us about what they became in the real world between 0 and 1, but how they became Despair isn't really clear in that game. The "survivors" in 2's VR game should still be alive at the beginning of 3F since it takes place minutes after 2, and they all should retain their Despair status unless Hinata turned on his White Kamukura Mode and broke free. Also the idea of Kamukura being a broken-ass character with everyone's superpowers is still in 3D (and probably will be in 3F, by the end of episode teasers.)
Other things: Komaeda's luck is fucking OP and maybe carries over after death and across more meta situations (like him not getting discovered with the bomb in 3D.) Nanami is either dead, actually just an AI, or somehow wasn't tainted by despair but is in the VR as the observer which means she doesn't get affected by the "brain death" of the other nonsurvivors (I'm mostly saying this because I find it hard to believe they can keep Nanami dead in 3D and still have her brain to use as an AI.)

Zero was fucking confusing but that was sort of the point. Anyway, Mukuro is there and acts as Junko sometimes while Junko is trying out weird brainwashing on herself to become Ryouko, which also explains why Junko is so OP as an "Analyst."
By the way, Junko is a fucking shameless 4th wall-breaking Mary Sue who I hate with a passion because it feels like they wrote themselves into a corner in DR1 with her and decided to fucking jackhammer that corner until the entire room fell apart.
Anyway there's this Neurologist guy (Matsudaaaaaa) who you think might be responsible for the brainwashing of the kids in 2 but he's actually just responsible for the Neo World Program they're in. The timing of Zero is also really fucking off because the Really Bad Incident that happens is like partway through the manga so when you watch 3D you think "isn't she supposed to be Ryouko now?" but apparently the manga takes place a few weeks-months after the Incident so whatever.
Except for the part where someone survives, I'm pretty sure the anime didn't show any survivors.

Despair Girls was mostly just fleshing out how the world looked now that "Despair" spread across the world and turned everything to shit. Honestly I just read a plot summary so basically the only important thing is "who the fuck engineers all this hyper-advanced technology in the executions and Monokuma and shit" and the answer is a fucking elementary school because at this point you might as well give superpowers to anyone.

DR3 is fucking weird. I enjoy watching two different animes about two different areas of 'lore.' I enjoy it when these areas overlap like when Komaeda's bomb fuckery ends up causing Yoi, Seiko, and Ruruka to fuck each other up.

I mostly think Future is fine (apart from everyone suddenly being okay with killing each other? They are partly hypnotized now anyway) except for what one user said about Kirigiri not wanting to share what was in her notebook. The other user probably mostly solved the mystery with "the killer uses the method that the last person killed would use to kill" except it could just be a single killer who's really perceptive and good at copycat murders. If this ends up being the truth then it's probably why Kirigiri is so private about it, it would freak the fuck out of everyone (wow, just like how Komaeda acted in 2!)

3D is alright. I was hoping for a slice of life anime for a bit longer while 3F would give me "and this is how they ended up killing everyone" but ironically both of these things happened briefly and then switched focus. Mitarai's "brainwashing anime" is probably one of the most retarded plot points I have ever seen, though. Matsuda already could provide a good explanation as to how the kids from 2 got brainwashed, but they fucking ditched it because the timeframe of 3D would be before Zero? If so, then why did Zero happen at all? The brainwashing we've seen in 3D certainly seems to be effective enough for Junko's needs.
Hinata's transformation is also kind of glossed over (was he RAISED to become Kamukura, or was he selected? Either way, why did they make it sound like he could do the procedure when he was ready?)
Kamukura is yet another Mary Sue character and it's really obvious when he beats resident Mary Sues Komaeda and Junko at their own game. Junko's explanation that despair is unpredictable and therefore desirable for someone like her who's solved every situation almost makes sense, once she's able to sway this OP as shit Every Superpower dude into despair then she can take over the world. Except then you think: "why doesn't he think this about hope too?" And then you might remember that he's still Despair in 2 and Despair Girls and then forget about it for a while, and then you see the latest 3D end of ep teaser and think "Okay, so now he knows hope is unexpectedā€¦ so how does Junko use him to sabotage the whole plot of 2 and shit?" Presumably the rest of 3D will answer this but whattttever.

Also Kamukura and the Despairs in 3F is one of those weird "uh, did 2 actually matter" situations because he says "how dull" when the ships pick him up (?) even though he clearly was in Hope Mode at the end of 2. I think the whole idea was that it wasn't certain he'd STAY in Hope Mode but he wanted to give it a shot, but then why are the ships picking him up???

Anyway, sorry for this longass rant about a series that won't die. It's like a bad anime that you started watching, dropped, and then it got a sequel or remaster and suddenly everyone got hype again and so you slog through to finish it. Needed to get some shit off my chest, I guess.

Thanks for reading if you actually read this far and Kazuichi is best husbando.

Pretty much dead on about everything but there's a few minor points that could be clarified
Also I'm pretty sure we won't get any explanation as to how or why the Neo World Program and DR2 got set up because they've got one fucking episode each of 3F and 3D to go to explain how they make the program, make the AI, and round up all the Despairs, unless the short montage in episode 1 of 3F was all we were going to get of the round up which seems likely.

Here's my opinion on what 3D should have been:
TL;DR, cut down on all the anime original characters and bullshit and cover the events from the games that people actually care about that earned them the money and fanbase for these anime to be made in the first place.

The one on the left looks like Sonia Nevermind from DR2

I don't understand why they had to shoehorn brainwashing into this shit, it's completely unnecessary and 100% retarded and only ends up undermining every character.

You could consider the memory wiping and the shit the school did to Hajime as brainwashing. So really, it's always been there.

I never thought about that.

The twist of DR2 being that hajime had been brainwashed in the real world and had an identity crisis because he was technically already dead and gone is one thing.
3D explaining how hope's peak got its shit junko'd with "brainwashing lel" is another thing entirely.

seriously though I had fucking tears in my eyes during the last scene

doesnt matter how shit the anime has been
Chiaki did not deserve that

It would have been better if she had just died during the "goal" scene.
Seeing her beg for her life was TERRIFYING

it was true despair

First they kill Kirigiri, then Chiaki right after
fucking hell

I knew one of the hopes was gonna die and it was either gonna be Kirigiri or Aoi even thought I wanted neither to die

but Chiaki, I wish she really was just an AI and not real
that hurt far too much
seriously I got a kirigiri and Chiaki statue next to me on a shelf and looking at them makes me sad as fuck

At least in a month or two you'll only remember DR1 and 2 where they were great characters who actually did things as opposed to 3D and 3F where everyone was trash.

Source? The first two games sold 50k copies on $team which is pretty solid considering the low budget and low cost of porting.

Case 5 of DR2 was my favorite in the series but I just don't see that happening here. Outside of one flaw (the mastermind of a murder is supposed to count as the actual killer) the chapter makes perfect sense. They explained how he fucked with his body pretty well with the hilarious twist being that he only did that to throw you off from electing the traitor as the killer. A character like Nagito doing all that to kill himself works, but I don't think such an explanation will exist for Gozu or Ruruka. Especially because there is no reason for them to kill themselves so strangely when they're just going to stab themselves anyways.

Yes, and it was shit because of how inconsistent the despair disease was handled but also because of how much more fucked up it would be if they didn't make it so inconsistent. Just give Mikan the same disease as everyone else so she becomes subversive and manipulative and kills Ibuki/Hiyoko, but then when her disease is cured she forgets what happened and is more mortified than anyone else at the end of the trial when it turns out that she had done it because all she wants to do is help people, yet she was responsible for the deaths of two classmates.

Japan doesn't give a shit about your opinion my Western special snowflake gaijn.

These VNs were made for the Japanese market first and foremost.

That's right, but after Asahina had a fakeout death, it would be stupid to have her die again and even the retards writing Future knew it, so that leaves kirigiri.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I was just pointing out that brain buggery has always been a part of the series.

i was kinda expecting this, it would be hilarious

Finally I fucking hate waifubait characters that don't have any interesting qualities. I don't mind shit like Mikan or Akane because they are at least somewhat interesting as characters, but Kirigiri and Chiaki are boring as shit but get a ton of focus for some reason.

DR waifus in order:
Toko > Nagito > Genocide Jill > Seiko > Ibuki > Mukuro > Chihiro > Mikan > Akane > Hina > everyone else >>>> Ruruka > Junko >> Kirigiri > Chiaki

I might have missed a waifu though, there's a lot of them

Go to bed Toko

Go shower, Toko

Kill yourself Toko

Go take your pills Toko

Toko please.

get out gaijin

Everyone calls her Hina which is part of her last name, Asahina. It is far more normal to refer to people by their last name in nipland which is why this is the case.

Nigga, I just used the first name because Toko was calling the girls this way. I'd tell you how I called her Asahina here
but my ID got reset apparently so you'll have to trust me on that.
Also wasn't calling her Hina something the official translation added, hell-bent as it was on not using the last names ?

fuck off Toko, smelly worst waifu

All I remember is that the original version certainly didn't have people refer to each other by their first names (most of the time) which made Hifumi's last words really dumb because they had to make up that he referred to everyone by their last names in English unlike everyone else when obviously if he said "Yasuhiro" everyone would assume he is talking about the dude that everyone but him refer to as Yasuhiro. I'm watching my buddy play through the game with Japanese audio and English subtitles whenever I go to his dorm so I'll pay attention to see if anyone refers to her as Hina in the audio.

Where did you watch episode 11?

torrentproject.se

WHAT
A
FUCKING
PIECE
OF
SHIT

Where'd you see it? On the funimation site it's still at 10.

Nyaa

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=851678

there is this
dunno who the subs are from though, I hate how overun anime is with SJWeebs commie faggots

Fret not, brother. Soon the ride will be over, and then in due time, we will have V3

I swear, they could somehow have fixed this
BUT NO
I'M FUCKING MAD

WHY DIDNT THEY JUST TURN OFF THE POWER AT THE FUCKING START IF IT WAS GOING TO FUCKING MAKE THEM REMOVE THE FUCKING BRACELETS
WHY THE FUCK DOES A POWER SWITCH REMOVE A BRACELET

i reckon it wasnt the power shutting off that took the bracelets off, it was them beating the game that took it off, remember what monokuma said back in ep1. if nobody dies then they win and the game is over

I suppose
fucking animator faggot ruins everything

anime truly was a mistake

EVEN WORSE, IF THEY ARE IN A COPY OF THE ROOM, WHY DID THEY COPY WHERE THE POWER SWITCHES ARE LOCATED
FUCK

Well if the future arc wasn't shit before it sure is now. I can't believe they went with the retarded predictable suicide by brainwashing shit. It just raises all sorts of questions like why did Chisa climb onto a chandelier, why did Gozu decide to rip a bunch of (rebar?) from the ceiling to suspend himself with, why did Seiko decide to slam herself into a wall, and why did Ruruka tear herself apart?

Also, why did they just tie Makoto up at the end and risk have him permanently brainwashed or escaping the ropes (lke he fucking did). They didn't even tie his legs so he could just kill himself by deciding to run in the hallway and triggering his NG code. The game was supposed to end when no one died after a night, so they could just smash some monitors in a room and all stay in there.

The fucking "killer is the last person that died" theory combined with zombies would have been better than this garbage.

The delightful irony about the killer just being brainwash suicides is that the series killed itself with all this brainwashing bullshit. Even when V3 comes out no one's going to have any expectations for it since they've already jumped the shark on killer motivations and there's no going back to before it happened.

Indeed it does, apparently V3 will have nothing to do with the main canon so I hope they use that as an excuse to never have any shit about the tragedy, brainwashing or hopefully even "muh despair"

They should have just set up this series as a twisted game show in a dystopian society, sorta like Battle Royale. I think that a lot, but of course there's also a good reason for it and that reason is Case 5 of DR2. That murder simply would not work in any context that doesn't involve hope/despair, VR simulation to wipe the memories of a bunch of evil people, and fucking Nagito with his reality bending ultimate luck. I'll happily trade any of the other chapters away for a setting that isn't retarded, but out of any whodunit story I've read, none of them have surpassed case 5 of DR2 in terms of being absolutely balls to the walls insane while still mostly making sense at the end except that they said in case 2 of DR2 and case 3 of DR1 that the mastermind of a murder is supposed to be responsible but apparently that doesn't apply to case 5. This is particularly unfortunate because that rule was unnecessary in the two murders it was brought up in so they had no reason to actually make it other than to make the end of ch 2 a little more spicy.

How the fuck did Ruruka MAUL herself

Oh wait, even worse, how did she kill herself and SPRINKLE CANDY ALL OVER HER BODY
FUCK
THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE

She bashed herself against the wall repeatedly while I guess clawing at herself

She shoved a bunch of candy in her mouth and then stabbed herself and spat it up all over the place.

because you're surrounded by mouth breathing retards and then komaeda just starts fucking you for completely incomprehensible reasons until chapter 4 where he just fucking hates you and acts like an actual challenge before setting off bombs and being based

cuz despair lol XDDDDDD

fuck these shitty ass writers, the "cuz despair" was byfar the worst part of the games but fortunately it was a pretty minor element that was only really invoked in the first game to explain Junko and the second game to explain ch. 3 Mikan, anything else was just vague references to despair taking over the world which was dumb and gay. But the anime just uses it as a handwave for incredibly poorly written characters, especially Tengan if what they said in this episode turns out to be true. There is no reason for him to be "despairified" other than for the sake of crazy plot twists. He didn't give any real indication of it before, and there is no reason for him as a character to be this way.

In an age where every idea has been done over and over again, Komaeda is a breath of fresh air because I cannot think of a single character in any story that is truly similar to him. The character he is most derivative of is Makoto Naegi, and clearly these are vastly different characters.

His very strange motives are only really understood by him but they're completely consistent, and his character became twice as interesting posthumously after the events of Chapter 5, which was certainly the best murder in the series by a good margin.

He is my personal favorite example of a villain with good intentions because of how strange they are, and you could even call him a supervillain because that ultimate luck is reality bending which has some very interesting uses like in chapter 5.

In a good world, it would. Instead, they're just saying it has nothing to do with the main canon just so Junko can be a twist again. This time she's secretly the protagonist.
It's retarded so it's probably true.

fugg

Calling it now

Where can i watch this without having to download it?

why

CONGRATULATIONS

I cringe looking at all the profanity he's arbitrarily including in his own half-baked translations for these phrases to look le edgy and very grown up.

A lot of colloquial English phrases where you might swear among friends, Japanese just doesn't have this sort of thing for the most part.

What infamous anime scene will they ape next ? Endless eight ?

O M E D E T O

I wasn't talking about the webm, i was talking about the anime.

NOPE
O
P
E

Why is Ogre even there? She an hero'd, was a spy and had nothing to do with Naegi.

That's why she's not standing in line, but I guess he still feels guilty for not getting everyone out of the school sooner and for not helping her out when he saw her fighting monokuma.

Just when I thought the show couldn't get worse, it pulls its most bullshit moment yet. I actually don't want to forget this show anymore: the cringe potential is too real

The new protagonist is cute

THICC

How many episodes are left anyway?

tumblr bait: the character

>>>/reddit/

Kill yourself.

Eat shit faggot and fuck off back to your shit hole

How exactly is that fat ?

anyone with more waist than hyoko is considred fat by some people with 0 sense of proportion

That, or he's just Asahina.
Just because you can survive everything doesn't mean you can talk shit, bimbo mermaid.

Who was so industrious they decided to make an awful anime worse in a timely manner ?

Given that the anime came shortly after both DR games were localised & put onto steam, it's likely that Chunsoft wanted to capitalise on the western market while it had momentum with them.

Shame it will backfire about as hard as possible and the animes will murder all the interest people just finished building in the series, though I guess people retarded enough to watch dubs are probably retarded enough to like 3.

You only have yourself to blame.

New episode spoilers/recap/complaints

If you weren't paying attention from last time, you might be confused at Yukizome's nice teacher attitude and the students acting normal. But lol jk they're actually going to fake kill themselves so they can show up as Ultimate Despair later (why is this necessary?)

While this is happening a ton of kids are killing each other because muh brainwashing is infectious or Junko just captured magnitudes more people than she should be able to; then she mass-emails them and they start committing suicide

Kamukura 'explains' that the reason despair is so infectious is literally "a meme wave"
He later declares that he's going to test out if hope or despair is harder to predict (which means that if the ending of 2 was canon and he's going to save the day in 3F like they're hinting, Nanami is the character who's responsible when hope wins)

Jin agrees to stay with the students from DR1 and Kizakura and Tengan run away, but we don't find out what the fuck is up with Tengan for 3F

Junko says that Naegi's "good luck" is harder to predict than Komaeda's (I have no idea what purpose this serves other than to make Naegi look more Mary Sueish)

End of episode stinger says "continued in side Hope" as if episode 12 will be some alternate reality bullshit since they really don't have anything else to add (and Yukizome says "the story's already over" just to rub it in)

Unrelated to today's ep but it was counting Sakakura and Tengan all along!! Gosh, don't you feel dumb for believing a character wasn't alive when they clearly died onscreen? I'm guessing it's the trope where characters can't die from blood loss off camera, except it's ridiculous because Sakakura still lost a fuckton of blood and Tengan is an old man, even if he's supposed to be a badass. The other option for Tengan is "he was actually a clone/robot and/or the counter wasn't counting the one Munakata killed" which is almost equally ridiculous but maybe more plausible in the bizarre minds of the writers, I don't know.

THE
MEMES
JACK

WEAPONIZED MEMES
Yes I do get they are using meme as the actual meaning and not maymays

This episode

I believe that is kinda the point really, since he is both super hope and luck unlike simple luck and a wannabe hope
Naegis luck gives him hope where Komaedas tends to give him despair

I really didn't think they'd be able to make a despair arc episode worse than the last two future arcs but they actually did it the absolute madmen

This retarded show has lost any value it originally had, which was pretty much just some of the humor in the despair arc and the idea (but not execution) of the future arc killing game.

Yeah that episode was boring, retarded, and masturbatory all at once and really just cemented that the writers don't really understand any of what people like about the series.
Everyone knew how it would end, what they expected was the journey to the end not sucking dick.
This just makes Komaeda less interesting because it means that literally every year someone is born who has actual magic luck powers instead of him being the subversion of expectations set up by Naegi's not-necessarily-luck in DR1.
When you think about it the brainwashing shit completely invalidates all of Junko's established character motivation because when she creates despair she's actually just making things work entirely according to her expectations. For a character who's whole thing was wanting things to be less predictable turning everyone into puppets via one reusable method does the exact opposite.
The entire new crop of characters are like deviantart-tier OC donutsteals and I'd be surprised if even a single person who's watched the anime has come away giving the slightest fuck about this trio.

One thing's for sure, I dropped this shit pretty early on and one of the bggest reasons was that there was no way this bunch of unlikeable pricks were the future foundation. That and the lack of any trial and investigation.

EVERY character in this entire game series is a OC donut steal
thats kinda the whole point

The only good characters from this anime were the Ruruka trio, but even then this shit didn't make any sense because how the fuck can the ultimate confectioner not figure out how to make sugar free candy and how can the ultimate pharmacist not figure out how to make an agent that negates sugar before it hits her stomach (this kind of drug already exists apparently, unlike a drug that can make a puppy grow 100x larger or one that turns the user into a fucking werewolf). There's a billion ways they could have set up that relationship in a way that could make perfect sense but they chose the retarded route instead.

What did you think was going to happen? When you order shit don't complain that its shit.

Howany episodes left is it 12 or 14 for this series?

That's this entire anime, there's a billion ways they could have set up basically everything but they take the retard way, like brainwashing into despair instead of Junko using charisma to make a cult around her like D2 hinted at.

One more week, user. One more week.

Top upupu
Anyone know what was the deal with the guy who used to post a huge least of fake keys for 2 ?

I always assumed he was using stolen credit card info to get people who used the keys banned

How retarded. It's a VN. It was available on torrent sites within hours upon release.

I pirated the games myself courtesy of Prophet. Works like a charm. It's a 4Gb download each.

No achievements but who gives a shit really?

I got mine on Vita
then recently replayed them on PC

I don't think you understand the point of buying a game. I don't buy games because I think that's the only way to play them, I buy them to support the developer. If you would buy a game on a console but not a PC then you're a retarded faggot who only buys games to support an outdated form of consumerism that has no place in modern gaming.

I pirate almost every game I play and if it's good then I buy it to support more good games being made.

I understand.

I was commenting on the faggots who beg for free Steam keys instead of just pirating. I don't understand that mentality.

(Personally I buy games from Steam and then play a cracked version because I don't want anything to do with Steam beyond the Store)

Maybe if the keys were legit, but all of them were just straight invalid.

Despair arc is such a huge disappointment. I thought Junko had some genius plan that cornered the students and drove them to despair. But nope. Brain washing video. What a fucking let down.

It will all be over soon
God no idea how they will wrap this shit up in 2 episodes like how does this fucking end
its all felt so damn pointless

Also fucking why chiaki
I fucking cried
I just dunno why any of this
Its like the entire point was to make me sad

I wonder whyā€¦

That was the point, though. Take the person the students had bonded with the most, then see her tortured and killed to break the students.

Brainwashing was fucking stupid, and I really wish the series hadn't decided to run with hope vs despair as some analogue for good vs evil.

just fuck off to /a/

twitter.com/pepsigem/status/779136209671036928

Is this seriously the english voice acting of the anime? Thats fucking awful

This was vidya before it was an anime, plus there's a new game coming out next year.

You know what bothers me the most about the whole brainwashing thing? They couldn't even do the exaggerated eye swirl that happens in the games. Like, come the fuck on.

Naturally I forget the pictures

observe mondo's and junko's eyes during their executions and see that komaeda's eyes is a different type of swirl

Komaeda is batshit though, even without brainwashing.

Brainwashing only makes his character weaker since literally all they had to do to turn him would be argue over how best to foster hope and he would have probably agreed straight away that creating a strong group of evil would do it.

Wasn't he stated to be a dubious ally of ultimate despair anyway ? One starts to wonder if whoever wrote this was involved in the games at all.

Remember that Naegi is SHSL bad luck, you read the story that came with the first danganronpa, Makoto naegi most unluckiest day and it reveals than he has an abysmal bad luck as well, a common theory is that he is both ultimate good luck and bad luck, thats what make it unpredictable for Junko, she certainly doesn't know what is affecting him at time.

Let me see
Sounds familiar?

Its almost over

kissanime

don't ban me please, this isn't /a/

DOHOHO TIME FOR THE NEW EPISODE

I'm old school. Most don't remember it but there was a time when you didn't need to be online or have an account to play videogames.

Everything that Steam offers is bullshit. Hell I still know how to manually patch a game.

Games as a service. No thanks.

Oh and if anyone is ever bored run wireshark and analyse Steam network traffic. Not a fan of VAC either.

It's okay if Gabe does it I guess.

well thats a good sign?
also was Hina being shot fucking necessary AT ALL jesus fucking christ

I am pretty sure this is all set up for DR3

BRAINWASHING
WAS
A
MISTAKE

This episode was frankly just insulting. Honestly the entire season has been.
This should have been axed two months ago but instead there's probably going to be an entire extra season for Danganronpa 3: End of Hopes Peak Academy - Side Hope

pls no

but I honestly have no fucking idea how they will tie this mess up in a single episode

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-22/danganronpa-3-anime-concludes-with-hope-arc-finale-on-september-29/.106778
Seems like it's going to be just one episode, which is I guess better than an entire season but still worse than any competent writers who could have told this story in half as many episodes, easily. Cut out all the filler action scenes in every episode and I'd be surprised if the remaining shit even filled four whole episodes.

How hard would it be to rip the entire script from the english PC version of Danganronpa 2 and patch the PSP version?

I still liked the first half of Side Despair. If they would of kept that and then filled the rest with fucked up shit like the Chiaki execution and it could of been a great series!

Make it 24 episodes. This can be done by scraping Future (It was shit the entire way through).

The first 6 episodes are happy slice of life. The rest? The most despair inducing shit Kazutaka can think of. I want to understand why everyone would turn to despair and why the reserve course killed itself. I'm sure i can find fanfiction that does the tragedy more justice

I wanted to dread every episode because of the emotional toll and not because i knew it would suck.

They can't even make the method the least bit interesting. You know you fucked up when you can't even appeal to people who fap to cartoon villainy.

Ive read mindbreak dojinshis more believable

Names and talents for V3 are revealed.
>gematsu.com/2016/09/new-danganronpa-v3-launches-january-12-japan

Getting a little sick of all the naegi wank, he was a good protagonist in 1 and Nagito was a good subversion of him but I don't think we need a third version and I definitely don't like the implications that continuing to carry Naegi's forward mean for the odds of another Junko villain.

Not like a hope construct went bad beforeā€¦

check
check
check
check
check, his talent is even ???

They never learn do they?

Worded poorly, what I mean is them bringing the naegi archetype back for a third time means they'll probably bring Junko back for a third time and most likely yeah, not with any sort of transformation on the character like Nagito and presumably kiibo, it will probably straight up be another copy paste of DR1 Junko.

Shit's turned into Soul Calibur or some shit, just like there always must be carriers for soul calibur and soul edge there must always be an ultimate hope and a Junko.

Before the D3 anime, I thought they would bring back Junko solely to brace myself for the worst. Now it's a goddamn certainty. Every writer at spike chunsoft is now officially dedicated to piss of fans.

Oh shit I didn't even notice persona 3 boy there.

Looks more like Naoto Shirogame to me.

My bad, that's who I was thinking of. Either way, they all look like the same character with different mouths, eye colors and hairstyles.

You new to danganronpa, son ?

yo wait up, what?

:^)

it still is fucking dumb
the anime is fucking dumb
any redeeming quality is shoved off to the side to be super fucking dumb

I have a bad feeling about this

FIXED

Kaede is Junko. Mark my fucking words.

They're all Junko.

I was referring more to the fact it ended up being the suicide theory, and it was being implied that it was so dumb it was impossible to be it.

Also yes, it's all dumb.
But it's always been.

I just look at it as "Insane person infiltrates a shonen anime and proceeds to fuck shit up"

Best girl stays dead, decent girl revives for some fucking reason and DR2 ded cast is now alive too

fuck you dangitronpaul

I feel like this episode felt rushed and they just wanted an excuse to end it as quick as possible

Hinata wasn't the super high school level luckster either. And he turned out just fine. Juuuuuust fine.

>Kyoko's alive
I'm happy with this. Happy enough that I almost forget about everything the show did wrong.

True. I always used to think about the different ways the Ultimate despairs could've fallen and been turned by Junko, and I hoped that side despair would tell a story of each of their lives falling apart.

Brainwashing fucked this series.

So even to the very end, Naegi did absolutely nothing the entire season. Hinata accomplished more in just one episode than Naegi did in 13.

but he's muh hope
and he also gets da kiri

He stopped munakata from murderkilling everyone, freed the 77th class so that they could even come and fix everything, and found the secret of the killings so nobody else had to die.

what the fuck was that
just fucking god damn fucking eat fucking bullshit ass fuck cunt piss

I like the whole "chiaki was basically just an AI but because everyone wanted to see her again so much she was Chiaki" that was nice BUT YOU DIDNT HAVE TO FUCKING KILL HER IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE

also that fucking cop out with Kirigiriiriigiri being alive that was beyond fucking stupid fuck you
you didnt need to kill her in the first place if you were gonna just do something that stupid

also jesus fuck Hiro is so useless

overall better ending than I expected but bullshit and made me angry the whole time

also the fuck they making another fucking school
thats just fucking stupid as shit

There must always be a Hopes Peak Academy

He freed the 77th class in the game, not in the anime.
Plus it was Kirigiri and Asahina that figured it out, he just tested it out on himself.

Well, it got up to the 77th class before the students started killing each other. That's way better than Columbine.

Here are my wild, baseless guesses.

Tennisman either dies in the first case or he doesn't die at all.

You're expecting the top waifu of the most luckiest kid to die and not come back?

The entire cast looks like comical relief
They dont look as normal as the last 2 casts bar a couple characters from it like mikan dressing as a nurse
Its all been pretty subtle, even gundham dressed and looked kinda normal

This is head first into how over the top the anime was with character design

Yes
I mean at least they didnt kill Hina and she was kinda useful as a mount
But kirigifirigir coulda stayed dead and nothing woulda changed or she coulda lived and nothing woulda changed
Its just annoying because that dude died for her then she died strait after for no real reason

JUST

I disagree, aside from the folkorist's military uniform and gimp mask, the inventor's leg braces and kiibo I think they all look more or less in line with the previous designs. The maid is basically Celes again, Cosplayer is straight up Maizono with glasses, entomologist is male Sakura, they're all fairly normal looking. Even tennis man is no more abnormal than Yamada or Teruteru were.

It's all right user, that was just a fanfiction.

Makes me wonder if the writers even played the games before they wrote the script.

A guy meet Yasuhiro seiyuu and make him sing an autograph as the weedman.

twitter.com/IllConstruct/status/782010051804430336