Monster Hunter /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/366/1366499/
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160915-00000009-mantan-game
archive.fo/Lx6ej
youtu.be/XiPiWNb0wWA
gbatemp.net/threads/another-mh4u-save-editor.396687/
artasgames.blogspot.com/2007/10/monster-hunter.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hunting horn meme is old and tired and unfunny

You're mom can use my hunting horn any time.
I'll even give her an encore.
But she can't give me head.

Usually we wait for the old thread to hit Page 13 or so before posting a new one, just for future reference.

Does he have any good weapons to craft while I'm at it ?

All of Shagaru Magala's weapons are upgrades of Gore's, so depends on if you like dragon element and good affinity.

Also has a visual change from dark knight/edgelord to paladin, same as the armors.

Weapon Chart(updated for Gen)

REMINDER NOT TO HIT THE HEAD WITH HH

fight a Barroth
Well fuck.

Neat.

First for I fucking hate hunting styles, I'm literally forced to just keep charging over and over with nothin in between as a striker lance and it really fucking pisses me off.

If I don't do it, then I lower my dps dramatically because it has fucking 70 motion, if I do it, then it's fucking boring as hell and I want to die.

I'm about fucking done with monster hunter generations, I am really sick of how badly designed this game is.

Looks like another thread of shitposting and whining while no one posts any rooms or actually plays MH.
Business as usual for our high quality superior Holla Forums Holla Forums community /mhg/ scrub free we're totally better than all the other Mh communities out there edition.

Maybe if we're lucky later on we'll have a 50 posts chain argument about gunlance damage with side dish of animu reaction images.

MUH STATIC DAMAGE

Post monster bullying stories.

I'm stuck on a ship with shitty Internet, whats your excuse for not posting a room?

What are the "must have" skill for each weapons?
Like crit draw/focus for GS or guard+ for lances etc…
I want to try new weapons and i want to know what's important for each one or i'll end up always trying to have att up L, sharpness…"

I'm having fun with bludgeoner and mind's eye

You're still upset you don't understand the damage formula?

You're always good going with attack/affinity up and sharpness skills for blademaster. Critical boost is a good skill for pretty much everything too. For other things I like these:
Crit draw, focus
Evade can be nice
Stamina skills if you don't want to get dash juices
Maestro, evade
Guard or evade
Evade distance
Vault
Artillery, guard skills

For gunners the [shot type] up skills are must have, and load up/focus for bow. With HBG I always try go get evade distance too. There really aren't that many great skills honestly. Most are just filler shit or quality of life things that don't offer much benefit.

Generations is shit and a lot of people are bitter about it. No shit there is constant arguing and shitposting.

I posted a room yesterday, but i wouldn't wanna play with a bait faggot anyway :^)
2/10 made me reply

In my experience Handicraft or Fencing is great on Hammer, because bouncing takes way too many frames, expecially on shit like silver/gold rath.
SnS is pretty good with any evade skill, but also Awaken, to get the best out of those sick element weapons.
Gunlance needs EvadeDist and Block+ but if you're playing MH4U keep in mind it becomes way harder to play GL in G Rank and it's sometimes not worth the hassle.
PunishDraw is great on IG, because sheating is a three hit combo, and if you sheate-unsheate you can stun very fucking good, even better if paired with a Hammer.
GS NEEDS CritDraw, and any skill to get that damage up, because it stacks massively with anything you do.
DB are great with StatusAttack, because they work best as status inducers, either that or elemental damage.

I have to agree I put up two rooms yeterday with no replies or anyone joining

Nah man you're imagining things.
Look at all the people that replied to my post posting rooms to prove that what i'm saying isn't true.

Whining about whining is still whining.

That nigress always got my dick hard when i was young but in a bad, disgusting way.
That said i would get boners for just sitting straight sometimes when i was young so w/e.

Is there any way to bind hunter arts to NOT retarded controls? I'm trying to play striker style and I keep getting my shit pushed in because ZR and ZL are stupid fucking buttons on the 3ds that have stupid placement and shouldn't exist because they're fucking stupid, but activating arts 2 and 3 with the touchscreen is also stupid and I'm about done with these stupid arts and this stupid fucking nipple. The stupid fucking update broke NTR and I can't use my stupid controller anymore.

I'm fucking stupid, and mad.

I didn't have all the american channels when i was little.
Before digital tv was a thing, i only got to see MTV when i was 16, because my tv just wouldn't connect.
And after two years it broke again and so i only ever got MTV for two years in my childhood.
Then a year later we upgraded to digital tv but at that point i didn't really care.

neither did I as a britbong how the fuck did you miss Drake And Josh it was on fucking nick

I could only see nickelodeon at my grandma's
No bully, i just had that kind of autistic parents

I know how you feel.
I used to really like topanga when i was younger but now that i look back at her she wasn't all that pretty at all.

Most people just play styles where you're only limited to one hunter art, or basically just use one in general, and slap that shit to ZL.
I found that it's the easiest button to press, due to how your hand is positioned on the left side of the 3DS.
Like, at least for me, it doesn't require that much effort to reach and press it while still moving about.

Isn't the right hand not comfy for arts?
Then again i use the circle pad for the old 3DS, maybe it's just more ergonomic.

Well, depends how you hold the system.
Basically i hold the left side with a firm grip with the thumb using the circle pad, so my index finger is in the L area, requiring very little effort to reach over to ZL.

On the right area you're working various buttons to navigate menus, doing combos, dodging etc, at least in my case, my right hand is kinda too busy to immediately press ZR.

I'd suggest putting on ZL hunter arts that require split second execution and good timing in general while moving and positioning yourself at the right spot, and ZR for more lax hunter arts that don't require strict timing.

how about element (or status), affinity and atk? how do you prioritize and go for when choosing a weapon?
I usually go like this:
High raw and atk related skills, fuck elem.
High elem. and will never use without them and relative skills. Damage must be at least 180atk.
Elem. over damage but won't go lower than 200atk. Elem. related skills
Damage over elem. with atk skills

What, you go element on LS instead of affinity?
Why?
It sorta feels like the game strongly pushes you to aim for high affinity when going LS.
I mean i understand why on IG due to the high number of hits, but why LS?

Run the math on weapons for Affinity, Raw, Sharpness.
What is the monster's weakpoint? Which hitzone takes the most elemental damage? What is the status breakpoints on the monster?
You need to look up each individual monster, their parts and do the math if you want specifics.

Fuck this guy

The slower the weapon, the harder it must hit with base raw, as a general rule, also better sharpness.

For element?
You need to look it up for each monster.
For example a rathian takes 0 damage from fire if you hit his head.

Get out.

dunno, i never go for affinity on weapons since it's a percentage of probability. It's a gamble on every attack basically, and instead of having crit. eye i'd rather go with atk up. I'll try doing some hunts with a LS and affinity oriented set

Well yeah, but that's not something i can do everytime.
If i'm on the bus i'm not gonna have the ds on one hand, and the other go back and forth between the database and the calculator on my phone.

He needs to look up each fucking hitzone himself. I'm not doing his fucking math for him.

This.
Mathfags are the worst.
I've seen fags in white fatalis armor struggle against a tetsucabra, and guys with 500 armor do several g2 quests in a row withouth carting.
Git gud already.

For element though that shit's actually important.
Element is massively more dependent on monster type than raw.
sure you can get around it, but you're doing much less dps.

Making a Gen room. Come and let's hunt for some armor & weapons. Any HR welcome.
67-2635-6609-1143
pass:1122

Element is only good with fast weapons.
The only way to feel a difference with a hammer with the right element is to have 500+ of that element, and we all know that comes with a price in balance.
Sure you can argue that with some bosses element will always make a difference, but generally raw does better than all with slow weapons.

If he wants specifics on damage and elemental damage he's going to have to do some math. There's no way around it. I'm sure the guy can throw on a general use Raw weapon and do fine, but that's not what he asked.

oh no I'm not saying that.
I'm saying that your 200 damage DS with 300 fire is doing no fire damage against a rathian.
It's monster type vs element type.
You need to know which is weak to which if you're going to use element heavy weapons.

user asked for advice on what weapon skills are good.
LS or H has attack up or affinity
DB or SnS has element/status up
Mixed weapons are w/e

But it doesn't really matter if i bring a very high raw tigrex hammer, cause it will actually work better.
Weapons should be about versatility rather than specific use.
That is if you don't mind wasting 200 hours grinding money in order to make all those super specific gear to fight that super specific boss.

For DS though that's super important.
for things like Hammer and GS you can totally ignore element and it won't effect you much if at all.
But for element heavy weapons that deal most of their damage through elemental, it's a massive Damage difference.

You'd think i knew, i main both Hammer and SnS.
But even tho i switch my SnS every other fight, that nice Molten Tigrex Hammer does it's job like no other.

Enjoy sharpening that hammer faggot.

And what weapon he's using is very important. Fire Atk +2 is crap for some fire weapons and better for others.
What if they're raw?
No. You don't bring water DBs to Royal Ludroth or Plesioth.

Today i killed a g rank stygean zinogre with a 1200 raw 720 dragon damage hammer.
Does that trigger you?

Succubus armor has both awaken and fencing, it's perfect for it.

Opinions discarded.

Chocolate is best color for succubus tho

No. You can play however you want. You weren't the one that asked for information on skills.

It's a hammer, you're hurting your DPS still but it's not as vital as a weapon who mainly uses element.
Still a bad choice

KYS lad.

That's an inc-

Fuck, beat me to it.

And how would you guys know? :^)

Lust Penis, that's why.

Do you ever get that feeling of stress when you're close to completing a game and have few challenges left?
It actually made me drop quite few games at very high completion percentages, and i'm getting it now that i am Bronze G Rank too.

No, not really. Because there is no way you've actually beaten monster hunter unless you have at least 1 end game weapon for every weapon type and a respectable armor to go with it.

Hmm, i wonder if it's doable between releases, every release.
Assuming one focuses exclusively on G releases and not regular MH titles.

Let's see, MH3U was released in 2013, MH4U in 2014.

So you've got more or less a year every time.
I think that's reasonable assuming you play a lot and perhaps having a regular hunting group would help.

Lots of people get distracted by all the other releases during the year tho, so you'd have to be pretty diligent and focused almost entirely only on MH for that year.

Whops, that's the jp release, we got it in 2015.
So yeah that should definitely be plenty of time.

Buddy, at best I play a game for a month tops then drop it like a fucking wet one after having a NIGGA night at KFC. It's not that I think the games are bad, I got to like G2 on Mh4u and put 285 hours into it, it's just that I get bored of games too fast.

I think the game ends about the time you find nothing new to do.
Also the same reason No Man's Sky can be finished in about two hours.
So, my checklist should look like this:
That's about as good as it gets before being autistic.

So I changed my Arts shortcuts to ZL and ZR by using type 5, however in game pressing said button doesn't activate the skill at all ever, even when they're ready. What the fuck, help.

>Not so fast, pal, we've changed every skill for every set and since "lol no g rank" both those and talismans are trash.
>Sure do, m8, Pirate j dlc with abysmal all around elemental resistances.
>To get what you want we force you to use a gunner hat with lower def and you can't have ANYTHING besides those two skills.
>You are also required to use a slotted weapon, realistically possible 3 slots(since anything less requires perfect trash charms) with 2 carving gems that require 3 amatsu claws and 3 alatreon webbings each, with webbings being extremely hard(realistically impossible) to get if not for quest rewards, but the fight itself takes forever to finish. Have fun!

Cat guy from yesterday by the way, I think I've finally figured out how to make a pure support/healer cat work. I'm going to use support priority and healing harmonics so that I can not use healer cat Because healer cat is just fucking TRASH when it comes to support gauge generation.

Can charisma palicos equip 6 support skills, or do they just get one extra point in skill distribution?

Okay I asked reddit and got my question answered. Wew.

Now I have another personal question.

If you could have a pure support Prowler on your team during hunts, would you prefer one with Vase of Vitality or Go fight win?

2011 for 3G, 2014 for 4G

Vase, the monster tends to interrupt Go Fight Win.

sounds like you should just save edit it in

its better designed for DA BIG GOOK TITTIES

People who hold this opinion are often mentally ill if male and this extends to all games with a character creator.

Is there a titty slider or something for female char-creation? Female players seem flat-chested as fuck by default unless that is big for the gooks

There is no slider for tiddy sizes and I don't really care because they're a nice size by default and I'm an ass/thigh guy anyway so it doesn't matter while the waist/leg armors look nice for said purpose
I usually roll male anyway. I only do female on second runs/new weapon runs or something.

Female armor in MH is absolutely terrible and only liked by people that:

-Want to jack off to their character 24/7
-Are japanese and literally incapable of playing a male character in any game and they only play cute girls to be supa kawaii neko desu at all times

>tiny Gravios it makes you fight for the mission is retardedly strong, carted twice and kept underestimating the range of its tail-waves as well as forgetting that it's fucking powerful
>don't have enough Keepsake Amulet items to make any Dante Nyante? equipment

Alrighty then.

armor for cats literally doesn't matter, just go with whatever looks cool.

Wish I could say the same for weapons.

No I shouldn't, since
1. cheating in mh breaks the whole point of mh: management, effort and payoff;
2. I'm in a situation where I can accept farming for alatreon parts, which is past the point where I'd need any external aid for any of the regular monsters;
3. only thing that is hackable is a charm, and the top fate charm is ooo +3, which from my opinion is a complete trash that isn't worth any effort.
All in all, if in previous titles you were trading being sub-optimal for getting higher rewards, now you are pretty much forced into a leech role that has to struggle really hard(and in really cheap ways) to even become one, which is an impossible situation in and on of itself. It's an illusion of choice and not even a fair one, which is painful.
The most fair(balanced) option was in 3u, where farming sets were locked behind hard tiresome monsters that aren't completely unfair, like H.Mohran or D.Miralis, some parts also in arena, which is nice too. Second by fairness(first by satisfaction) option was in FU, where you've had to complete every single solo arena("training") quest with every single weapon. 4u boosted everything including drops themselves and the availability of the desired skills, but all the best stuff was locked behind 140 gqs which don't benefit from farming equip, so it evened out. And this is just a hot steaming pile of doodoo.

Post the answer or stop posting entirely, you retard.

The range at which the def jumps is high enough to take in consideration, since it could be a deciding factor between OHKO, critical and a half hp mark, and if you bring cats - you want them to stay alive as long as possible. Also, HP boosts and monster attack affinity. Only thing that doesn't matter is elemental res, because if you take that in consideration, you'd have to waste way too much time.

Actually, you're wrong.
The 3U farming sets were G.Rathian(Great Luck) and L.Nargacuga(Carving Master).
You could even mix both for Great Luck + Carving Master, some rad ass shit. Only those two skills and a trash skill though

I'm not posting the answer until my question on vase of vitality over go fight win is answered by a minimum of 3 people.

You can generally make up for the lack of defense by stacking armor talons armor charms.

You kidding me?
3U had the worst charm system and it's the only time I have complete understanding to edit in your charms.
That was the worst hands down thing ever done in a monster hunter game.

Neither and Kill yourself, Support palicoes are ass and you're a waste of a slot for what amounts to a severely gimped hunting horn.

I promise you I literally have perfect stat cats for both assist and fighting, I'm just trying to come up with alternative playstyle that can still be useful without being a damage dealer.

Also, you need to stop acting like a socially inept faggot who is acting like this is their first day from cuckchan. There is no need to resort to ad hominem.

Except you won't be useful, the problem is you build support gauge too slowly and the buffs from support palicoes are incredibly bad. The best thing you have is Demon Horn OR armor horn and even then you're mainly just an attack palicoe with a single skill. The support abilities of Go Fight Win and Vase of Vitality are both really awful.
VoV is just a gimped hunter's oasis, and Go Fight Win locks you in place for much too long for what it does.

And that being said you should go back to reddit, you seem to enjoy it.

This is why you play a support cat and spam boomerangs, you build support guage just fine from my playtesting. I had pro trapper with pitfall-purrison and I was slapping those things down like no tommorow. Along with Flash bombays and other fun actually fucking useful things.

Then you're just a less good attack palico.

I've been here since the first exodus and I've been on cuckchan since 2007. Maybe you should suck my cock instead. I just think you're the only one in this thread being hostile for no reason. Like, I expect that kind of shit out of cuckchan, but Holla Forums Holla Forums is far more civilized most of the time, you still have your shitflinging and infighting, but it's definitely much less common then cuckchan just being edgy for edgy's sake.

Except fighting palicos are for clear times and DEEPS. I'm aiming to make a build that helps in multiplayer situations like a proper support. I'm just trying to work in a way of making it a viable buffer. Maybe I should just give up because generations is an unbalanced piece of shit that is showing absolutely no love to healsluts at all.

I just want my fucking hunting horn back.

;_;

Couple hours ago I saw some anons get so triggered at the insinuation they were bad at games requiring mild thinking that they sagebombed it and threw a hissyfit

On that note, I wonder if the support skills for a pure support SNS build are still viable. The ones that make items have a chance to not consume on use and such. So you can spam life powders for days.

The bait is really obvious and I don't want it to turn into another waste of a thread, so let me tell you.
Palicoes can't be support.
The best you could do is have traps. Demon Horn and Armor horn are the only decent support abilities you can get. You need piercing to build decent meter, but then you're already half an attack palico.

Eh kind of, the proc rates got nerfed if I remember.

You want proof of people being bad at video games look no further than MHG on any site. You have people debating about damage numbers. A formula with a set answer is somehow a cause for debate.

It's not bait when I'm genuinely trying to make it work.

I will find a way, I just need more TIME

Okay, I'm kinda new here so bear with me a bit.
I made a Rathian LBG in MHP3rd and went huntan with it, and I dumped like a billion shots at the Rathian's tail but I can't cut it. Same story with Barroth's head.
Is it because of damage type or something? Like only Slash can cut tails while only Impact can break things? How do I achieve either with a LBG?

Yes, there are damage type locked breaks. I.E you have to use slash damage to cut the tail.
I forget if there is also element locked breaks in 3rd or not.

I'm not familiar enough with 3rd to remember how LBG worked in it, sorry.

You should be able to buy/make Slicing Shot, which is a bullet with the Slicing damage type, specifically for cutting tails.

Basically, only the final hit of the damage to the body part has to match in order to break it. So you could go into a hunt with a friend, shoot the fuck out of the tail, and have him walk up with a GS/LS/DB/whatever and hit it once and get the cut. That's what Slicing Shot is for - so you can watch for visual cues that the tail is low on HP (pretty certain Rathian will flinch twice, and after the second one it's only 2-3 hits to cut), switch to Slicing Shot, and get the cut.

Yeah, you need cutting for tails.
(aside certain tails where you need impact, for example duramboros)

I don't know about 3U but in generations anything can break a duramboros tail.

Yeah, maybe they changed it now.
I remember wailing on that fucking thing with all manner of cutting weapons and only blunt stuff worked.

Also is it just me or is blunt always at a disvantage compared to cut?
You can break a shit ton of stuff using cut, but only specific parts absolutely require blunt that aren't that common in comparison.

How are you proving me wrong? I honestly don't get it.
I'll prove myself wrong instead.
but, to my excuse I say this, even without luck+carving\cap combo, carving and luck sets are complete trash in mhx(not including crystalbeard).
unlike 3u where it offers
Which I think is pretty fair, for the benefits they give.

Both vase of vitality and gfwl are situational. The only way you'd take leader palico over the others is to support other palicoes. Vov is for status curing and getting hit in general, gfw boosts palico abilities giving -1 cost and also palico's forte is boosting other cat's stats AND their meter. So you figure what is better. I think it should be pretty obvious.
Here is another thought, what if there are more than 1 perfect palico meta strat for any given palico type.

On palicos? And even if that does affect them, what's the point of not ever having them with you at all times?

Well, I wasn't really talking about charms, but even if I was I don't think fate +3 ooo is worth any effort in any of the games. Especially since the thought process was about "having nice to have" something.

Keep up the good work but don't be a retard.

You never required impact damage to break anything. That's a fact. It might of had way better hitzone modifier that could make the job bearable. Only impact weapon I ever used is HH and that's not in 3u, where I was able to break, and then cut his tail without much trouble.

Oh, you meant the gems and not the sets.
My bad

No, hard to get gems/talismans shitty selection of armor and horrible elem resistances are just elements for the picture in which farming sets are horribly nerfed, to the point where they are undesirable by no one.

I'm sorry, I'm hearing words but I'm barely understanding a thing.

Well fuck me

Been playing Big Guy 4U using the insect glaive, which I'm enjoying a lot. I've hunted the Great Jaggi maybe 5 times now and I still have not gotten a King's Frill, but I see him throw his head back in the head breaking animation. Is it just shit luck or can insect glaive not break the head?

65% chance. 100% chance of gofuckyourself

t. desire sensor :^)

Use a shittier weapon fam.

The only thing certain weapons cannot break are tails with hunting horn, hammer, and projectiles. Is the frill actually breaking? The model changes so you can tell just by looking at if it broke. That being said you could also just be extremely unlucky. I think pretty much anyone in this thread who has been hunting for a while has at least one story where they can't get a single common item while tripping over all the rare shit the monster is dropping.

I'm on a quest to make every switch axe but I need at least 12 more paddock oil, i've already hunted 20 tetsucabra. I'm burning out here.

If I remember right you can get that oil from slaggoth monsters, those herbivores with the saggy skin.

Naw they drop slagtoth oil not paddock oil. Any of the toad monsters drop paddock oil but the tetsu is the quickest fight and he drops it the most.

See if anyone online is grinding it out when your doing shit like that there is no shame for just crushing monster with a group.

What is Attack Up Large and how do I achieve it?
An Attack Jewel 1/2/3 gives 1/3/5 attack respectively, but how many is Attack Up L?
I'm playing MHP3rd if that matters.

Go hit a head with a Hunting Horn, pedophile

You need Attack +20 for Attack Up L

Attack up L is 20 while M is 15 and S 10

Oops, you're right. If you're playing Big Guy Edition kiranico cites a 20% chance for drops from capturing it as well as 25% chance for it to come from a shiny drop after breaking a part.

Isn't that pretty much what you're supposed to do with a weapon you like so you find your fave? It's what I do anyway.

Did the user who stalked other Anons get BTFO? Glad to see we embraced this

Ah fuck. Seems like it's impossible to get it without some sort of high rank armor sets then. I haven't even finished the 6* Village Quests.
Is there any general-purpose set that can last me a while?

Is there anyone who wants to play Gen right now? I'm asking because I don't want to make a room and close it 30 min. later because no one is going to bother joining.

I also noticed soon after that the whole set has abominable dragon-resistance despite the constant references to it looking like dragon-slaying armor.

Can someone confirm this?

That sounds horrible even if it were true.

Both Dengeki and Yahoo Japan news are saying it's true.

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/366/1366499/
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160915-00000009-mantan-game

A true dragon slayer wouldn't let the dragons hit him

Im 10 hours in, trying to decide which weapon to make next, currently playing adept chargeblade
I heard aerial switchaxe is super fun, any recomendations? Im fine with any weapon except bow

Aerial Dual Blades is fun, Adept Longsword is fun, Aerial Hammer is a ton of fun, especially on the tall monsters like Najarala.

Generally any combination of Adept or Aerial and Dual Blades, Hammer, Longsword, or HH, I recommend.

gonna check dual blade or hammer next then, which hunter art you suggest for each?

You are a fool.

If you're still early game, then you might as well try out the Gunlance now. Its shells deal fixed damage, and because the new Heat mechanic forces you to shell more, Gunlance gets pretty bad lategame when monster HP gets higher. Which style you use is pretty dependent on your shot type: Guild and Adept is fine with basically anything, Aerial is best with Normal so you can fullburst spam, and Striker likes Wide since you never fullburst. Adept + Normal shots is a particular favorite of mine, since it feels super good to Adept guard everything and punish with that fullburst.

I went with Blood Wind for a long time with Dual Blades until I was introduced to the glory that is Wolf's Maw. Blood Wind is fun but doesn't do a lot of damage, even at level 2; Wolf's Maw doubles all of your hits for a period of time (level 1 is 30 seconds), but you won't be able to level it up for a long long time. But I do recommend it, it's especially good for staggering a monster or breaking a part or combining with Adept dodge or Demon Dance to up your DPS.

Hammer doesn't have any really interesting choices as far as I've seen. I just went with Spinning Meteor, just remember that it's not much KO damage, it's mostly raw, so use it while the monster is down to break a part.

bowguns are much more fun than bow

whats some good normal gunlance for early game? im at the village *4 urgent right now

ok thanks

Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal but how in god's name do you go without Devil's Dance?

Also, Adept Dodging with Dual Blades is the tightest shit. Those free Devil Dashes or whatever are orgasmic. Definitely my favorite combo in Gen.

Sorry for doubleposting so here's a question. Is it worth making Gunner armor just so I can try out bow/guns, or am I better off saving up?

Your DPS is still really high if you're vaulting constantly, especially in Demon Mode. Devil's Dance is only good in specific situations, namely when the monster is down or trapped and another hunter doesn't have dibs on the most vulnerable part. It also isn't any good for filling the Demon Gauge, so stick to normal XA+X+X+A+A combos for that.

Similarly, having the spin-in in Demon Mode can be a huge help for gap-closing on Aerial Style, and you can follow it up with a vault onto the monster.

Adept Dual Blades was my first ~40 hours. It feels so, so damn good.

I personally have avoided gunner thus far since two of my friends I play with already do gunner regularly, but I recently got a Heavy +5, Artillery +10 talisman, so I may need to change it up and try it out. If you're far enough into the game, I don't see the harm in making a relatively shitty gunner armor and using it to try out some guns on weak monsters.

I'm no GL main I'm a Bow main coughcough so I don't actually know what to suggest aside from the generic ones like the Striker's Gunlance.

I'll give Aerial a try one of these days, this sounds rad. I pretty much always had dibs on vulnerable parts so I can see how that would cause problems if I go to random lobbies.

I'm officially putting you down as my Dual Blade nigga by the way

At least you're not an Aerial HBG with Pellets

I'm either a scrub or the difficulty shot through the fucking roof going straight from Zinogre to Nargacuga.

I might be biased since most of my hunting career narga has been always my "main prey", i love hunting nargas and can basically do it with my eyes closed at this point, but they're really not that hard at all.

The average opinion on nargas i've seen from most hunters is that they're pretty easy.

All you have to do is observe it's body language and especially the head, he has some of the most obvious tells in the entire series.
Especially his fowards slash leap is incredibly easy to predict because he'll go into the stance, and then the head will tell you exactly where he'll slash.
His tail slam leaves him COMPLETELY defenseless and at the same time gives you a huge opportunity to cut the tail itself.
Once most of his shit is broken he becomes incredibly clumsy and has a full opening for like every 2 move he makes, it's insane.
Hunt him a couple more times and you'll figure him out, he's super easy once you get the hang of it.

That's a good thing too, since narga equipment is my favorite equipment in the series, so that means every MH when i unlock narga i've got an easy shortcut towards some nice tools i can use moving fowards, i've never felt frustrated when hunting nargas (maybe a bit when fighting lucent narga in 3U, but compared to everything else at that level he still felt reasonably "soloable" as long as you watch the poison, so that says a lot about how predictable narga is at it's core).

If regular Narga was like L.Narga but without the monstrous HP it'd be such a fun fight

I don't really like poison as a way to make a monster stronger, it just feels like additional annoying busywork.

I prefer the other method where a monster will inflict a debuff on you and then some of his attacks will do more damage if they hit you under that debuff.

It feels more fair and less annoying than "ok i've been hit, now to get rid of this fucking poison, what a bother".

But the poison is a minor thing, there are many more differences between L. Narga and a regular narga.

LR Red devil gunlance lvl 2 shell
You could however skip that ^ since soon you'll meet gore mag which is required for the next step, but red devil is essential too if you are going to stick with it. You can skip that too with tamarod sedition.
LR+ Le onde lvl 3 shell
HR Blue devil opus lvl 4 shell
HR+ Stonefist cannon lvl 4 shell + HA boost

Honestly most of the people i ran him with always had the poison as their main problem.
They'd get poisoned, not find a single opening to get rid of the poison (or run out of mats to do it), and then cart.
More than any other aspect of the fight the poison seemed to be the biggest obstacle for most people.

We are talking about french in monhun, please meme responsibly.

Lucent Narga is probably never going to come back but if it does I'd definitely open rooms just to hunt it for hours again. I just wish that it had different quests for it instead of just the hunt 1 L. Narga one. Maybe a phantom L. Narga or something like that.
Also why does the normal Narga SwAxe have a poison phial while the L. Narga one had a power phial?

Maybe if they sucked? Very few attacks poisoned, and outside of bad luck you could dodge spikes very easily.

Any tips to getting good on ppsspp emu? The manual camera rotation is a real pia

MHGen room. All HRs welcome.
37-0957-1598-6211
pass:1122

Which controller?

onscreen/touch sadly, is tilt for d-pad any good?

Sorry, you're not gonna make it.

Wait, what the hell are you emulating it on?
What hardware?

standard phone s5 with ppsspp.can't buy a ds yet :(

Either connect a controller to that thing somehow or you flat out will never be able to play MH, end of story.

just played striker SnS
im using the gendrome one, i bullied that shitty owl on first try, barely took damage
Stuns and Paralysis all day its fucking absurd

i see, I've also just realized I'm an idiot,I have a ds4 that I use for my pc that can pair with bluetooth

To that user who was just in the room, I don't play the glaive at all but I think you should send out the bug more. Every baguette user I see is always glowing with power ups and I think you'd benefit a lot more by doing it.

Speaking as a bugstick user (though not main); if you don't have the red extract, you should be working on getting it, no exceptions ever. This isn't "optimise your shit or you're useless", either. The red extract :
1 - Gives you a power boost.
2 - Gives each attack more hits.
The boost is so insane you simply must have it whenever possible. The other extracts are neat but mainly to complete the extract set, giving you RIP AND TEAR mode.
Even if for some reason you think bugstick is only for vaulting, the red extract gives you two hits on it so you should be getting it all the same.

The room is empty again, 3 slots open right now.
Come and post your quest so we can get some hunts going because this thread needs more active rooms.

Would join if I wasn't working, don't want people to think that people aren't joining because there's no interest. Just fyi

Same. Browsing at work and occasionally popping open my 3DS, playing for five minutes, and then closing it and getting back to work.

(checked)
It's ok. I closed the room because 20 min. later no one had joined.

What's a good point to start taking on hr event quests and deviants?

archive.fo/Lx6ej

The dream is dead, monhun had a good run.

The movie will have a shitty lovestory shoehorned into it. And diversity.

I don't see how it could have much of a fallout on the games though.

A woman in male armor with her bf another woman in male armor go farm the raths for being cis and gender conforming.

You should always always have red + white.
Yes, of course you should have all 3, but if you feel like you are spending too much time farting around getting colors, red + white are already excellent, giving you the edge you need to stay on the target and attack, trying to get the third when you've got some downtime.

Also, in terms of bugs themselves, in MHG going the balanced route isn't the only way to build it.
Going pure speed is absolutely viable this time around, you'll get a huge affinity % boost, don't trust people that only tell you to go balanced and nothing else.

Excuse me?
Call me a pedo all you want :^) but call me a scrub and we'll need to have a talk.

It will have interracial.
A gore magala fucking a rathian up with his STD ridden dragoncock.

I'm on a quest to do the same with hammers and SnS, but at this point i stopped caring for all the single weapons you do for that specific boss.
That, and DLC.
I'm just crafting most weapons with big upgrade trees.

Gore cleans up nicely.

I fixed it. No need to thank me.

No, apparently there isn't according to everyone I talk to for making a pure support/healer prowler build.

Also, go fight win gives hunters infinite stamina, so it's VERY useful to non palicos. However Status curing can be very important on certain monsters.

And Yes, talons and charms affect prowlers this has been confirmed, defense isn't a big deal in generations because there is no G rank.

Wolf's Maw 3 for DB, Absolute Evasion/Absolute Readiness for Hammer. Hammer arts are terrible DPS.

Aerial the piece of shit or superpound spam it with a striker hammer. Or just adept lance its ass dead.

Were the huntresses always this stacked?

Adept is pretty lame and leaves you open to a lot of attacks if you fuck positioning. I don't really like it aside from ranged weapons.

iunno, I feel like adept lance is okay.

Yeah it's alright on shit that can block. I prefer striker lance though just because it has decent arts and I really hate the new triple poke.

Just did Najarajarajrajrjajra with aerial switchaxe
The only word i can think to describe that encounter was "bullying"

I tried to get used to the adpet lance, but the deeps of the striker lance is just too good.

Remember square? not this shit called squareenix, no, the old square of the gold age.
Well, their series was doing very world-wide and they decided it would be cool to make a movie of the franchise.

They almost went bankrupt, final fantasy director Hironobu Sakaguchi resigned out of shame, they had to merge with Enix and everything has gone to shit since them.

Now think about this beloved series of ours going the same path, just imagine the FF13 or FF15 of the monster hunter series.
Do you want it to happen? I don't.

Monster Hunter: The Prowlers Within

While you've got a point, i don't think in this case we're in quite the same situation.

I think this is more of a side project kinda deal.
With Final Fantasy it was always a very story driven "cinematic" type of series, and with FFVII they reached worldwide iconic status, so they banked a shit ton on the movie sorta to "make the jump" and be taken seriously.

I think with MH it's a bit different, it will be treated like the manga, a fun side thing to expand awareness towards the franchise.

This is also why capcom makes all these little side games to MH itself, capcom wants MH to be a sort of universe rather than to be confined to just the mainline games, they're just testing the waters in all directions, seeing what sticks.

I hope you're right and i am wrong.

But remember that Capcom is the king of stupid decisions.

Not as bad as Nintendo recently though. They'll never ever as bad as fucking Konami at least.

I'm still baffled at how fast they are becoming the worst company in the industry.

Hell, i loved nintendo and now i'm boycotting them out of principles.
Sucks though, because monster hunter is exclusive for nintendo for now, that means no new monster hunter for a while.
I hope Capcom release 4 and Gen on PC someday.

I personally think they're holding off on gen 5 for the NX. Possibly as a launch title.

I want this to be true, I fucking hate the 3ds controls, they are beyond discomforting. I have to play generations with a ps3 controller just so I don't try to blow my brains out.

With the sales they've had lately?
Especially with Gen being one of the best selling MH titles ever?

No, i don't think so, i think nintendo got capcom's balls in an iron clad hold while stuffing millions of dollars up their ass to make sure they can keep squeezing.

Yeah, the main problem I had was that it's the first time I fought Narga and so far up until now, I formed a habit of lurking around to the monster's side rather than running around in front of it. My go-to tactic has always been stay on the side, watch the leg/tail for any telegraph, hit the legs, topple, break the tail, break the head, kill the thing.
That didn't work with Narga at all. The thing has two big ass wings that cover the legs and half of its body, and I can't see the head clearly from the side.
So the moment that I just said "fuck it" and charge head-on, stay in front of it and bash its skull in with my gigantic wooden dildo flute it starts to get much easier.

Obviously with a weapon like Hunting Horn, it's best to go for the head all the time. Make sure to use the superpound and sonic blast hunting art to get lots of KOs and help your team in multiplayer.

And you think the NX is going to be better?

Hoo boy.

I'm playing MHP3rd
Don't have a 3DS ;_;

Apparently the NX is going to be a hybrid home/portable console.

Aka Yes.

It's okay as long as you're having fun brah

Kinda sad that the only way to have someone to play with me is trying to get a friend to download PPSSPP or resorting to leddit though.

Doesn't CEMU run 3U now? I believe online play works with CEMU

CEMU can't boot it up, gets stuck on a black screen and then crashes.
That's the case since like April though, not sure about now.

Yeah, but CEMU 1.6 Got released literally yesterday and it improved a LOT of compatiblity, now a multitude of games are 100% playable with no visual bugs.

They have absolutely zero motivation to do this. They're already on the number one best selling platform of the 8th generation, there's no benefit to them in releasing it on an eroge platform.

Well shit, it's only for Patreon backer innit.

Citra 3ds emulator has also come a long way as well.

Just look at this shit.
youtu.be/XiPiWNb0wWA

Git gud and use the real style for evasion, aerial is a far more rewarding evasion based style.
Jump off the monsters attacks and mount it in style.

Actually you know what, I'm curious. I'm gonna go ahead and test run the newest nightly of citra for you since I have a few roms lying around, I can run 3u through it and see what happens.

Cool.
Where can I get 3DS ROMs anyway, aside from decrypting them myself?

decrypting them yourself

Okay, it booted but crashed at the main menu, going to try generations now.

Not able to access Akantor through quests to get that fucking gem yet but did eventually find him in high-rank DLC quests so I started farming him through there. Triple-carted my very first time because the cocksucker kept grazing me, only ended up with two Akantor Tails for my troubles, tried again later with a shit-lot more healing items and a different armor set and totally kicked his dick in. Got a gem my first try, somehow, so now I've got a full Fatalis set with a shit-ton of decorations to get rid of the defense-down skills. It's good armor despite the horrid Dragon resistance, though I'm still not sure what "Guts effects at high HP" entails.

Next on my shit-list is a full Akantor set, as well as trying to finagle a full Kushala Daora set. Have access to both of those monsters at the moment though I'm kinda disappointed that KD is just a beefier Rathalos in most behaviors. I can even flash-bomb him to make him drop out of the sky when he's being a faggot a la the Raths.

Okay, so it ran and I was able to get through character creation with zero problems, music and everything else worked flawlessly.

But then I got in game.

Dear fucking god.

squirtle i'm dying

So this is the power of emulation. Not bad.

I remember trying to emulate MHF on my phone it had a weird glitch where all my equipment would take up the same slot in my box. So I could never equip anything other than what I started with.

How to aerial DB? How strong exactly is the vault attack? If it's weaker than X>XA in archdemon, then why use it, and if it's stronger, why use anything else? And the vault seems like most hits won't connect on 90% of the monsters in the game, it sends you way too high, is this even any good?

And how the fuck does anyone use aerial swaxe, you can barely move with it, am I supposed to go through that 500 frame sheathe animation every 5 seconds?

you don't. just like the special charging thrust on lance does so much damage that you should just charge the entire fight

You vault all day every day.

The vault is a low combo into the sky, and helicopters down on the monster. It's only real damage drawback is that its attacks don't hit a single spot and will always reposition you. It's pretty fucking strong and results in mounts, but consumes stamina like a bitch, so you better have dash juices or mycology+mopeshrooms in your pocket if you don't want to get smacked the fuck up.

Just like swing the fucking axe dude

That's it, I'm officially uninstalling generations from my 3ds. I have tired to FORCE myself to like this awful piece of shit excuse for a monster hunter title for weeks now. Every time I thought about playing it, I had to really find some reason to motivate myself to have any fucking enjoyment out of this trash. But today when I nearly double carted to a fucking SHOGUN FUCKING CUCK CRAB, THE A HERM VARIENT WHO IS LITERALLY THE 2ND EASIEST MONSTER VARIENT IN THE GAME NEXT TO FUCKING DROME CLONES.

WAS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T GIT GUD? NOPE, I'VE BEEN FUCKING PLAYING MONSTER HUNTER SINCE GODANM FREEDOM 1. KNOW WHAT IT FUCKING WAS? THE OH SO PERFECT HITBOXES OF 3u and 4u are fucking GONE. HE FUCKING HIT ME COMPLETELY OUT OF RANGE BEHIND HIM WITH HIS CLAWS IN RAGE MODE, WHICH CAUSED A MINOR STAGGER WHICH HE JUST PROCEEDED TO REPEATED TO STAGGER LOCK UNTIL I FUCKING CARTED.

I AM BEYOND FUCKING MAD RIGHT NOW, THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO EVER DIE TO A FUCKING HERM EVER. THIS SHIT IS COMPLETELY UNFORGIVABLE. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME IS BROKEN B TEAM TRASH WITH TOO MUCH FUCKING IMBALANCE TO FUCKING ENJOY AT ALL.

I think with this post we've reached maximum quota of non stop MHG bitching and perhaps from this point on people will finally post rooms and we'll be able to play video games again.

I'll post a room for 4u, but I won't be able to play grank since my save got shitcanned. Which is yet another reason I was trying to force myself to like Generations.

He's actually easier in this game than he was in FU. His only annoyance is that sometimes he'll constantly keep tripping you back-to-back unless you have a weapon with blocking ability. That said, being that mad over carting to a monster is really autistic of you.

Make one and I'll join you. either 4U or Gen I don't mind.

I was already mad at the fucking game well before I carted to an easy monster, I've bitched about the game's flaws in every single fucking thread for the last week, Including this one.

See this post

You guys want to do a round robin room?

Make a room for 4U then if you hate Gen so much. Why would you keep playing it if you hate it so much anyways? Are you some kind of masochist or something?

Because once again, my save got deleted and I lost a lot of shit and hours of grinding that I didn't want to work back. I made a new save and edited in a couple of end game weapons and armor, but it's still shit.

Make a room and I'll join. I was waiting on to make a room but it looks like he's not going to. 4U or Gen?

I can do either, whatever you guys want. Gen or 4U.

You're a big guy.

Generation isn't great but it isn't a complete sack of shit like you're making it out to be. If you hate styles just use guild and don't use any arts. If you hate what they did to lance switch to something else, I've gone from HH to S&S to Hammer playing Gen alone. Stop worrying about maximizing your DPS and just relax and play the game it's monster hunter your just supposed to relax and hunt some monsters with some pals.

I just wish I could hack my friends into G-3 so we could fight the Gogmazios together.

I think fucking not.

If you find a better save editor that won't fucking break the godanm game for unlocking content, then I'll definitely play for reals.

I had the godanm rainbow dye and everything.

I just wish I could hack friends into my life.

36-3613-3718-0276
4U
I'll throw on low rank shit if lowbies join.

I don't see the appeal of this game. I BOUGHT it for the 3ds and it's breddy boring. How can you stand to play on the same small map all the time?

Stop doing gathering quests and actually go fight a monster you shits for brains.

There are like 10 maps. Forget gathering quests and do key quests.

Get in here faggots.

only autists will enjoy this

Are you counting the little sectors of the main map as different maps?

Only a ledditor could accomplish this.

So don't use lance there are 13 other weapons pick one experiment a bit.

I already did my experimenting phase in 4u, I'm not experimenting with bad mechanics in a bad game.

its better than Holla Forums ever will be

Here's your reply. I deleted a paragraph for it.

So you played every weapon and only liked lance? Are you sure you like monster hunter?

Here is a picture I think you will like, it seems to really fit your tastes.

the leddit post was bait, but the others werent you autistic faggot

I played every weapon and prefered lance.

Before I experimented I was actually a GS main.

In order of favorite it goes

Lance>Bow>SNS>HH>Hammer>GS>GL>Shit>Everything else.

gbatemp.net/threads/another-mh4u-save-editor.396687/

Dicked around with it some and it didn't lock me out of anything or straight-up delete stuff I'd edited in even with it being several tiers above what I was supposed to have at that point

The only autistic faggot here is you, you faggotron.

Yeah it works great for equipment. But if you use the force unlock quests and force HR feature, it apparently breaks the game pretty bad.

If you don't git gud you can get the fuck out. Scrubs and scrub apologists like you ruined vidyer.

HH is my favorite but after using it for 600hours in 4U and a 100 in Gen I needed to switch. I dunno if you're trying to like the game and a weapon is bumming you out it just makes sense to me to try out something else.

I played on all the 10 "maps", faggot

artasgames.blogspot.com/2007/10/monster-hunter.html

This thing I just saw that was written years ago got me thinking.

Has MH lost its way by abandoning the believable ecology motif it used to have in favor of having crazy looking monsters that are designed only for gameplay and not to fit in with the world?

The game itself is bumming me out. I've been playing a lot of SNS and Prowler mode too.

I don't really mind much considering the already pretty serious suspension-of-disbelief required for iconic monsters like Rathalos

Try again you faggotron.

how 2 unlock them

Eh.
I think it's just that Monster Hunter as a series has been around so long the team got bored of being super grounded and started having fun with designs a little more.

Sure i like "grounded" designs but at the same time, anything that benefits gameplay over realism is never a bad choice when it comes to vidya.

You play the game.

Most still give some explanation of ecology to boot, I remember Seregios are mentioned as only popping up because they were being forced out of native habitats by an Apex Seregios claiming all their territory and otherwise they're severe loners that don't usually bother people or other large monsters.

JE
SUIS
TOMBÉ

I haven't played monhun in a long time.

Holy shit Geo you're a fucking autist. Please do kill yourself.

Yes

Reminder

Why so mad

You ever wonder if the French did that on purpose?
Just to fuck with everybody?

There are Guild Quests and Village Quests. Do the Village Quests and unlock all of them to get quests where you can grind your low-rank materials in.
After that do the low rank HR1-3 guild quests, you'll pick up the rest as you do the above.

No, 4U and Gen both exploded in europe in terms of sales and with unified servers more of them showed up.

More players, especially new MH players just starting out = more casuals.

I can't stress enough how well 4U and Gen sold, Gen especially.
In italy Gen was the #1 best sold video game for 3 fucking weeks straight.

Italian players seem to be better than the Frenchies. I haven't been playing Gen with randos as much as I did in 4U so I can't really be a judge of them.

Thanks for the hunts Zep. I was a little rusty with G rank.

Same. I forgot how much I hated stigy Zinogre's homing orbs. Interrupted like 90% of my GS charges.

So whats everybody's Title?
Mine is Underage with Hips

24/7 β Loner

Pretty good.

Rathians are well known whores, just look at Yian Garuga part kutku but has Rathians moveset and poison.
Green bitch is the loosest wyvern in all of minegarde.

Is there anything village locked in MHG like in 4U with the Wyvern stones?

Don't feel like doing the village quests, kind of boring for me. Would rather face monsters asap.

Well there are villager requests bringing rewards and the like, but guild quests is where the bulk of the content, and proper high rank, are.

Katana of Girl
I love Engrish

Hey boys, is there a better loadout than this for GS in MHGEN?

Blade of Talos (Need the two slots for Sheathing)
Black S set
Sheathing +5 talisman with 1 slot

In total I get Blightproof, Critical Draw, Quick Sheath and Focus.

I change it periodically, but the ones I've liked most so far were Creepy Deviant and Third-Rate Dragonslayer
In 4U my character was named Bane and his title was Mascot A Man

Ohhhh that's pretty good

Lemon Party
I like my memes old and stale.

How bad we talking? I'm fine with a busted ass game as long as I can go on a hunt or two with it. I can always restore the regular save when i'm done. it's either that or work up the ranks. it wouldn't be too bad for two of my group members, but on of them bought digital, and I CFW'd his system a few times since, so I can't even remember if he told me to keep the save.

Gentlemen Partner. Cheesy, but I usually let others pick hunts anyway, so I picked something that had a decent ring to it.

My friend is Stranger of Women.

You mean Sword, there is no axe in aerial switchaxe other than the name

There is no Axe in MHGen.

There is
Chargeblade Axe mode

There's no point in using the axe mode on the SwAxe since 2/3 hunter arts focus on the sword mode and the 3rd one is nearly useless because it takes too long to use and isn't even that strong.
Not to mention that sword mode is where the real damage output is due to power phial.
Axe mode is more like a punishment for overextending in sword mode and is mostly there to stop sword mode from being too strong but since you can power up the sword mode with one hunter art and recharge the gauge with the other (while adding 30% affinity) you don't have to worry about being stuck in axe mode in Gen.

And DBs that look like axes. And GSs that look like really fookin' massive axes.

and that one hammer that's an axe

That's just a shield on a stick. It sucks. I really like the feel of axe mode for switchaxe but it's just useless.

I gonna find where you live user, try to guess what will be "on a stick" when i do

I meant to have a comma and not a period. I have nothing against chargeblade in Gen anyway.

there is no way out of this faggot, when i find you
i gonna open a local connection room and we can play together

SA users got shafted hard.

How would one go about fixing this steaming pile of shit? Axe mode is infinitely more fun in and of itself.

redo the gauge, it should fill when you do axe attacks and then you empty it on sword mode quickly with fast and powerful attacks
all SA hunter arts would need to be remade too

1. Make the phials do something while in axe mode since they only boost sword mode at the moment
2. Hitting monsters with the axe slowly refills some of the gauge (to make it more akin to DB and LS)
3. Change a few of the motion values for axe to make it better (I don't think this one is necessary but it would be nice)

Well yes, the weapon itself basically doesn't have an axe mode anymore.

But on the flip side aerial switch axe is one of the most OP combos in the entire game.

The energy gauge charges so fast right now even in 4u that axe mode is essentially not needed.
So making the gauge fill slower and improving the axe forms motion values might help, turning the SA into a weapon where you save the sword mode for moments where you can do guaranteed DPS. Heck maybe removing reloading might be worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure 2 is already a feature of the SA.

It's trash user, even if they buff motion values to 900% it's soul numbing faggotry of the unfunnest calibre

I said it's OP, i didn't say it was especially fun to play.

I-I'm just lashing out because Capcom a shit. A SHIT. Okay?
I do have a jesuisblade mountan set I use to get shit done quickly and half-assedly

It's half the reason I've taken to using status SA sets because they're more fun to play with for example using axe mode cross chops to inflict sleep and then blowing the monster sky high.

Too bad none of this will ever happen.

Don't forget

I finally got ONE of them done, never ever for number two.

I don't know, Gen just bums me out, I feel like whatever I liked about 3/4 is gone. The charm just isn't there anymore, and you're left with what feels like a cashgrab.
like CB and IG were poorly thought out, but at least CB required a little skill to use, and Je Suis Monte speaks for itself on how it requires at least a little skill.
But in gen more than any other I feel like I'm just going through the motions.
I hit Endgame HR in 40 hours and that was with dicking around. I tried the variants/deviants/whateverthefuck and ground those out to 10, too bad the rewards were awful compared to clownsuiting.
They're not even enjoyable, they're just the same fights with a slight gimmick to them.
Hyper's bloated HP pools meant that solo farming just took longer and still posed no real threat,.

I don't know I can still go back to 4 and have a decent time, but when I boot up gen all I get is a wave of exhaustion. "oh well thank god I have my hunter artes" "thank god I can perma-status lock monsters with an LBG thanks to hunter artes."

There's just something missing from Gen and I can't enjoy it.

Anons, how do i calculate damage?
Is there a formula?