Is Blood the best fps ever made?

Is Blood the best fps ever made?

but why ?

or didn't you know the new limit is 10MB?

At this point, who gives a shit.

Tons of frames. GIFs are shit.

How OP should have posted it.

Atari can go climb a mountain of dicks with their collective prolapsed asshole

don't despair too much user, there's BloodCM while you wait and it's not a bad placeholder until someone actually treats Caleb & Co properly while those kikes at Atari keep him locked up in their dungeon

I need to make some Blood webms now

I don't like to say "the best" I like to think of tiers and it's in the highest tier of FPS. It's a brilliant game I just wish I could find a way to make the mouse look not feel really really strange in this day and age.

It's up there. Sadly it's never had the support of games like Doom or Duke in part because the source code still hasn't been released.

Allow me to take this opportunity to complain about a game that sucks.

During the first level I thought it was going to love it but then it started to suck.

I think I like Douk 3D more by virtue of it having a jetpack. But Blood really is one of the best.
Has there been a good SINGLEPLAYER FPS to be released in the past six years? I'm not meaning this as a "wow vidya before XXXX sucks shit" post but besides lovely planet I seriously have not played an FPS made recently.

How come? I still haven't played it but I've usually heard good of it unless it's Hell and Damnation.

There's been a few I might call 'good' but none I'd go as far as great with since 2010.

honest question here: why don't people make games like Blood and Doom and Duke anymore? Is it too difficult to make that many levels now for some reason? What happened to levels being levels and games having episodes with unique themes and areas and secrets and fun ?
Fuck arena shooter bullshit cancer, if I wanted to play QuakeIII or Unreal Tournament I would, get that shit out of my single player games

On a related note the single player portion of Bad Company 2 was surprisingly enjoyable though again not what I'd call great as much as just good. Fuck the multiplayer component but it's worth torrenting or picking up very cheap for the campaign.

I feel like it panders to people who watched a quake tournament and wanted to be pro without training. It's very shallow.

Also, innocent-looking shit like wooden crates explode. What sick game designer does that?

It's more costly, requires hiring talent rather than cheap workers/your friends from university and frankly doesn't make as much money. Also harder to market and more difficult to play with a controller (at least for the average retard).

The current philosophy in the development industry is that most players don't even finish games (sadly true) so any content they aren't guaranteed to experience isn't worth adding. At best they'll add a collectible 'secret' so obvious in its location it's really just there to help pad the games playtime. This is also why games are shorter.

I've played it. Neither the singleplayer nor the multiplayer really stuck with me.

[something about michael bay here]
Guess I'll pass. It really looked cool especially with the tarot card shit and stake gun.

Part of it is 'Games As Service (TM)'. Why sell one game once to one player when you can dripfeed content at the low, low price of $15 or $20 a pop? Hence the shift to multiplayer-focused development. In a multiplayer-focused game, you can leverage your player base to peer pressure each other into buying DLC. They have to buy the maps so they can still play with their friends, they have to buy the guns so they can stay competitive, etc.

Another part is the insane ramp-up in development costs. Games cost tens of millions to make and years of hundreds of people working six-day workweeks to make, and consequently require multimillion sales to turn a profit and keep the stockholders happy. 'Niche' is a four-letter word for big publishers.

No. Not even DN3D or SW levels of great. The best could be CS or Doom2. Or maybe hl2 or fear. Who knows.

I wish they'd just taken the soundtrack and used it for Necrovision.

Don't get me wrong, the game is just under the border of acceptable. You might like it if you have more patience than I do.

I wish brutal doom had the dynamite

I'm not really looking for games that are just under the border of acceptable. I have Spiders Studios for that shit and even then their charm has worn off.

Trailblazer has remote-detonated spikebombs.

Painkiller plays sort of like a horror-themed Serious Sam, so if you don't like gauntlet based battles/progression you're probably not going to find it all that enjoyable. Aside from that it has a nice soundtrack, stunning visuals and level design, and a fairly good engine under it's hood.

Because their level design sucks. I was a 13 when I was an avid classic FPS fan (due to my PC hardware being shit). I played Doom, Quake, Duke 3D, Blood, System Shock, etc. and I remember getting stuck at every single one of those games. It's so fucking boring trying to figure out the maze and puzzles and shooting the same shitty sprite based enemies. The only game that never bored me was the Delta Force games.

Then when I was 17, I'd gotten a new PC that could play CoD 2, Jedi Outcast, Morrowind, Condemned, and Halo 1 and 2. Those game were like a dream. Never bothered getting back to classic fps games. Only autistic cucks would play doom in 20 fucking 16.

play it on a windows 98 pc and it works fine.

You sure as fuck don't, pleb.

you're no better

Blood and Painkiller aren't even the same type of shooters

I also remember liking the second one

It has my favourite look and atmosphere of any classic FPS, but I don't think it was the best designed. The abundnace of hitscan enemies was a pain.

how do i play it modern PC these days?

doom is boring, i want something more fast-paced

i'm not sure what you're trying to say here

on a modern PC*

sorry, i do a shitload of typos in English

he's asking if there's a rad source port

dosbox
and ask the share thread for the files

Blood has really strong first few levels then sort of peters off into boring shit like mineshafts and caves.

Later on when they take you back to city scapes they lack the finesse and polish of the first few levels.

last time i checked there is a GOG version so it plays quite competently

Hard Reset

Redux got neutered for pussies play the original if you're not some casual scrub

this is the same nudoom apologist faggot shitting up the OG Doom thread with his homo whining, filter and ignore

gas urself

I suppose I'll give it a shot. Is their Shadow Warrior also good?

too hard for you? stick with candy crush kiddo.

haven't played it but seems people like it well enough

SOURCE PORT NEVER EVER

That's exactly who Doom was developed by though.

Looks 100% like a doom clone

I think it is one of the best. not sure if its really the best though, I would say heretic/hexen is slightly better but I am a sucker for dark fantasy.

E.Y.E

Brutal Doom Starter Pack
Not even baiting.

Brutal Doom a shit. Play Project Brutality.

how about i brutalize your ass?

co-oped that with a friend last month, really is best fps campaign in years.