Space Thread:Space Cowboy Edition

Welcome to another space thread, What was your latest tale throughout the stars?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/288348-Transfer-Poll-Results
edtools.ddns.net/
sketchfab.com/models/71c511e311e24c6487c87b6cd15ec111
exhentai.org/g/671502/49e02e7f0b/
exhentai.org/g/742590/4843007076/
r.kyaa.sg/zyjowf.png
kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1652209
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best pirate hunting ship

Best anti-capital weapon.

Is it just me or is Endless Space boring for anyone else?

Your forced memes=Eternal dreams

How realistic is terraforming Mars, really?

To be fair, the Venator and Jar-Jar look so similar that it's statistically improbable that one wasn't somehow based upon the other.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/288348-Transfer-Poll-Results

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Although to be fair the devs are just taking this as no instant please the timer and length if time may not be what is suggested. Still

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
THIS WILL MAKE THE FEATURE USELESS

It's extremely realistic, it would just take hundreds of years.

It could probably actually be done within less than 1000 years, but the cost would exponentially increase as the speed of transformation increases.

Doable so long as you're okay with frigid cold and not being able to breathe the air. That's about as good as we can hope to get it.

Just make the cost of transporting a ship equal to 250% of the ship's insurance claim - 100% to cover the insurance if the transporter fucks up, and 150% extra to pay the transporter.

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but there's already a space thread going over here

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important part:

The other alternative, that's more realistic, is saying "fuck it" to terraforming altogether and just building underground cities on Mars. It's cheaper, safer, faster and more practical.

What are some space games with space MILF's?

Doesn't matter, it was planned to cost money, but for some reason despite everything else to do with ships like repair and loading hundreds of tons of cargo being instant, this is immersion breaking. Fuck the forums

you didn't link it in the old thread, you lose.

I don't mind having to wait a bit, honestly, but obviously I'd rather it be instant. I'd be okay with a compromise:

Aaand you fail, Mars is missing a strong magnetic field and if I recall correctly the mass to hold an atmosphere of any significant size.
You would have to start with going full armageddon movie on the Corewhich would eliminate the best thing about mars: a harvestable core or make an artificial field

Autism is a hell of a drug, user

fuck, thanks thread not updating

It doesn't matter which order you do it in. While it's true that the solar wind will erode an unprotected planet's atmosphere, this process takes millions of years. We could ignore it entirely for all intents and purposes, if not for the fact that our bodies are shit and can't withstand unmitigated solar radiation.

I wouldnt necessarily say that since I think you´d have to have a very tropical and thick atmosphere on Mars anyway to keep it decently warm and water is a good radiation blocker.

Even a humid, hazy tropical atmosphere in dense rainforests on Earth don't do much to mitigate the sun's UV rays. You can even get a sunburn on an overcast day if you're out long enough, and that's through the magnetic field, the ozone layer, 10 miles of atmosphere, and then the clouds themselves.

Without the magnetic field, you have more to worry about than just UV rays - cosmic and gamma radiation as well as a constant shower of alpha particles.

And how are you going to get that on a planet with so little mass it can barely hold on to any atmosphere at all?
Radiation won't kill humans on mars anywhere nearly as fast as the thin atmosphere will.

Good news for those interested in Endless Space 2. In the faction creation contest, the tree people (The Unfallen) won the vote and not the "weatherkin" or "champions of a multi-race empire". Now they're doing a contest for designing their appearance and ships.

The multikulti champions are pretty decent in comparison.

The AI just wasn't very good at taking advantage of certain things, and I think not great at designing ships, but its been awhile.

Though, I would also mention that the silly looking Morrigi dreadnoughts are really, really fucking good. They are the only dreadnought class that can bring all their guns to bear on a single target, making them relatively valuable compared to others.

That is good. At least the Unfallen sound interesting.

On this note, water is great for that.
I am not really convinced that a humid atmosphere couldnt do something to lower the radiation levels to a point where if not humans at least some kinda of flora and fauna be implemented.

No shit, but I dont see anything interesting to toss around as a solution to that problem

Any ED miners here?
I'm staring to burn out on trading, and nest egg is getting pretty large, so I'll be upgrading my ship soon and also hopefully moving on to a new profession for a while.

I'm between either an armored Python or an Unarmored Anaconda miner. Either of these builds look decent?

Also, what's the best way to find pristine rings? Do they have a particular color? Or do I just have to fly around from ring to ring taking core samples until I find one?

Mars can actually hold on to a decent atmosphere. Some of it would escape gradually, but not as much as you'd think. Mars' current atmosphere being so thin today is due much more to billions of years of solar wind erosion rather than its weak gravity.

The key difference is that the bulk of Mars' atmosphere would be a little over one mile thick as opposed to ten miles thick on Earth.
It should be noted that 95% of Earth's atmosphere is below the 10 mile line, and the remaining 5% stretches out to 300 miles, and even the Earth loses its grip on a portion of this mass over time. The situation with Mars would be similar, just on a smaller/lower scale. We could put close to 1atm on Mars, even with 1/6th gravity.

I'm amazed those things last at all in battle

Meanwhile, in the superior hybrid warship/carrier

Still no 2199 games

lightly armed - unarmed conda, clipper, cutter is best for mining, as long as you drop into rings away from the extraction zones you shouldn't be bothered by anyone.

use
edtools.ddns.net/ edtools.ddns.net/
for finding rings

builds arn't that important just get lots of cargo space for limpets and eventual precious metals. Remember higher grade prospectors will let you get more metals out of asteroids over the lower rank ones and higher rank collector's last longer. Make sure you get a refinery with a decent amount of bins too. And if you like to alt-tab away, while holding down the mining laser trigger switch to the 3rd person cam and it'll hold it down for you.

i loved that episode

Looks like they are doing the whole 'tech pool' thing like with Endless Legend for their tech tree for ES2.

Looks like the Conda is what I'm saving up for, then. Clipper or Cutter would be nice, but I'm still just a Knight in the Empire, so I'm probably a few months away from Clipper and a year or two away from Cutter.
>use edtools.ddns.net/ for finding rings
This looks perfect, thanks. I've never used external resources ever since they stopped allowing scrapers to publish real-time trade data for the whole galaxy on easy to search web planners. Trading was a lot more fun back then.
I don't usually alt-tab, but if mining is as slow as it sounds, I may make an exception, thanks.
I've got a HOTAS setup with toggles that I can set to just about anything. I can flip up a switch and have that just toggle the mining beams to stay on until I flip it back down. I mostly just use them for stuff like landing gear and silent running.

Is it worth doing mining missions, or should I just be searching for rings made out of pure painite? I see missions every now and then for shit like "go mine 27 units of osmium for 2.5 million cr", but I've never seen them in large numbers in any station.

Star Wars Empire at War: Thrawn's Revenge

Space Battle above Mon Cal.

Another glorious day in the Imperial Navy.

Or at least that's how I imagine it when I was playing last night.

Which game is the best Cowboy Bebop simulator? I'll even take something like Jagged Alliance.

feels bad man

Nothing exciting going on lately, finally outfitted my sidewinder to jump 12 Ly as opposed to the 8.46 Ly min I was stuck at for a while. With that, I made my way into the territory of pic related from deep in Mahon's space, so I intend to be her bitch for a while as I work on becoming the smuggler I always wanted to be.

What.

You've done well user

Wu Guinagi and the HIP system that's 11.87Ly away give Empire boom data delivery missions which are good for rep
went from outsider to squire over the course of 3-4 days of sporadic play
as for mining missions there are stations and systems that offer a couple at a time, they are absolutely worth finding and doing if you want to maximize your profits from mining
400,000cr for selling the painite on the market vs 2,500,000cr for the same amount of painite for some missions

Jaques station, it was a community goal a couple of weeks ago
it's the start of a 2nd bubble

Dammit Holla Forums, I need space games with space milfs!

Source?

Will spess flight games ever find a middle ground between a heavily enclosed campaign and the grind → upgrade → grind better loop? Or another gameplay loop entirely? I guess there's Outer Wilds and Space Engine that focus almost entirely on raw exploration.

I'm just asking because I've been playing Rogue Galaxy lately, and I have to admit it hooked me into the grind loop, and yet I recognize it's ultimately pretty shallow.
From reading posts about E:D it seems kind of similar in terms of that limitation on the "big picture" game loop, even if the details may be well-executed.

Anyone else want a strongly written adventure in an open universe, along the lines of something like Star Control 2, if it had modern 1st person piloting and/or capital ship command?

For years, I've wanted some kind of xenoarchaeology adventure space game. Indiana Jones in Space, where you do a lot of smuggling and information gathering and Freelancer/ED style space stuff, and then assemble your clues to find the location of some ancient alien ruin on a planet somewhere, and then you delve into the ruin and brave all of its dangers to acquire some new piece of alien technology and maybe more clues to lead you elsewhere.

Finding a way to fuse the in-ship a with the out-of-ship gameplay segments in a way that's not shit or jarring would be really hard, though, and coming up with some kind of alien mystery story that's not shit and worth multiple playthroughs even harder.

It's probably not possible. It would require extremely good game design, and top-tier writing, as well as all of the tech that Star Citizen claims to be implementing.

This seems to be the design that is getting the most attention.

How can you have a space thread and not pussayy? Post pussayy!

As in some sort of adventure story not centered on a war between two or more factions? Because I could get behind a more character centric story between you and a small crew (so your ship shouldn't be too big so you don't have nameless redshirts getting in the way) and flying across the galaxy. Basically a less shit Mass Effect 2 without the Reapers looming over your head, none of the fucking daddy issues, and less gears of war shooting on the ground.

That sounds great, and I'm not sure it's as impossible as you say.

That's only true when people get carried away with building the engine and adding features because you want to completely simulate being a dude in space in every way. Keeping your scope focused narrows requirements considerably. Really, if the Newman's Sky devs had spent less time on generating infinite shades of pink grass and retarded T-Rexes, and had instead used their engine as a tool to help them build somewhere between 5-15 reasonably interesting large planets and then implement something like your idea, they still would have impressed everyone with the scale, but would have also had a damn better game.
Not that what you had in mind was similar at all, just using it as an example.

I'm not even that worried about the particulars of the story, so much as whether it forms a more interesting driving force than buying the next upgrade. Or at least is on par with it.

Then you'd probably have to reach out to someone who actually knows how to write stories since vidya writers are meh to shit tier and consistently fuck up on the most basic of premises. Of course even if the story is the selling point gameplay should definitely be something more than a walking simulator or a western visual novel.

The tumblrkin were pushed to the bottom artificially because the creator of the faction was votescamming.
Feels good man.

Well, yeah. I mean that's why I specifically referred to space flight sims.
And I didn't say the story should be the selling point. In fact, while I appreciate a good story, it's not really relevant to my point. I'm just talking about creating a more interesting sense of purpose, gameplay wise, within the boundaries of an open world flight sim, beyond grind-for-the-purchase. Ideally without falling all the way back to a pure scripted campaign.

Are there any games that let me turn into a drugged up pirate slaver murderfucking their way across the stars?

Really? Source on that info?

Rogue Trader if you want it to.

If I recall, the dude asked all of his friends to make multiple accounts to vote his up because the Unfallen creator made a leddit post to ask for votes.

Oh I thought you were referring to something broad, not flight sims specifically. Well in that case it would be interesting to have a setting where there is a war but you're not one of the active participants but collect the scrap or experimental technology or something like that. You could get updates on the war where the frontlines shift so it would be safer to enter new areas without being shredded by stray crossfire unless you have an endgame tier ship.

user, Jaques is the sacrificial lamb that will be destroyed when the aliens come
The second bubble is a ruse

not if we PENETRATE them first

I'm amazed nobody has decided to ram one of you or just open fire on landed ships or SRVs.

plenty of people did

So thanks to that amazing boost from the community goal in Elite the other week, (as with everything, you need to have money to make money so the dosh started rolling in) I am now in a position to purchase and outfit one of the big ships.
I like to play multi-purpose, pretty much every ship I've flown so far has been a jack of all trades. Which of the xbox huge ships is right for me?

Yamato suffers from the Hyperspace Storage syndrome.

Then again, a lot of sci-fi ships have a serious ploblem with scale/volume

all ships are the same on both versions, and as it stands best large multi-role is the anaconda.

Looks cool, but he resembles too much warcraft druid for me. Definitely I would like to see something less humanoid and more alien looking creature.

If you're contesting Yamato's logistics I'd agree if we were talking about the original series where they repair the entire ship in a matter of days and constantly replace the third bridge somehow every time it gets blown off. In 2199, everything is scaled up, the ship size, the crew complement and auxillary craft complement. They don't get fucked as hard as they did in the original so they don't magically rebuild the bottom half of their ship in 5 minutes but losses like downed fighters and shuttles are permanent to the point they only have one transport left by the end. There was a cross section of the ship that showed the fighters being stored like a revolver cylinder and there's at least 3 rows not counting other craft out of the way for maintenance. There are seperate docks on the side for the shuttles, recon planes, and the Cosmo Zero and they don't take up any more space than the gun turrets.

This look good for an exploration anaconda?

I've heard these things can get even more than 30ly per jump, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how without either gutting it, or going shieldless.

you need to go to the engineers, one with fsd range boost. Grind up to lvl 5 boosts and you can probably get above 30-40lys

i dont have ED but im curious about fuel efficiency
lets say i have money and im specd for exploration
how many lightyears could i conceivably go without needing to refuel?

You missed the joke my friend
Conda it is then

oh

>All the newer games would require me to buy another 360

Why is it so hard to find good mech games, and why are they so unpopular in the west

No wonder this game bored the shit out of me.

No nigger. Not at all.
Mars's atmosphere is no thin that liquid water will evaporate immediately. You wouldn't even have to heat Mars up a lot at all (it's still in the habitable zone), but you would have to fill up it's atmosphere with a lot of nitrogen to increase the pressure, which can be done by dropping a lot of asteroids into it's atmosphere. However: Mars doesn't have a magnetic field any-more, because it's core has gone cold millions of years ago. This means that the solar winds will blow away any atmosphere you add over time. This means that you have to add Nitrogen continuously.
You also won't need any atmosphereic plants. The atmosphere of Mars consists of CO2, the shit that plants turn into O2 for free, you know. As long as you keep the atmospheric pressure high enough, and prevent the plants from freezing (or use Pinales that can produce Oxygen even during winter), you can just plop down a bunch of trees into the ground and wait for a couple of centuries.
Your nomenclature is all out of whack any-ways:
Comets:
Asteroid:
Meteoroid:
Meteor:
Meteorite:

there's these magical things called fuel scoops that are able to scoop up solar shit to refuel your ship, without one you would only get about 120-180Ly range depending on how big your fueltank is

play older ones like starsiege

You also need to light up the core again.

Engineers, huh? I've been totally ignoring them so far, mostly because the few waypoints that have popped up for them seem to be way up in Feddy territory and I couldn't be bothered.
I guess it's worth making a trip.

Are upgrades ship-specific, or can I install the Level 5 whatever on every ship I own once I get to that point?

the upgrades are Module specific, and yes, you can upgrade every module in every ship once you get to the point where you have multiple ships
this is of course if you have the Horizons "expansion"

Neat. It feels weird to have a short-term goal again in this game. Then again, I'm sure I'm about to learn all about some new eldritch form of grinding.

It's not as bad as people make it out but it's always rough the first time. If you intend to eventually do proper engineering on a ship with weapons,shields,boosters,drives,armor, power plant etc start with Martuuk and FSD. Farseer is a trap for idiots.

Use inara, read it, search engine what you can't figure out or ask here. I might be around.

Supposedly some player datamined this city from Star Citizen's latest patch files.
sketchfab.com/models/71c511e311e24c6487c87b6cd15ec111

Ignoring the whole scam aspect of Star Citizen, and pretending for a moment that it will actually release in playable form - is a city of this magnitude sufficient to make huge procedural planets feel like real places, or will it still just feel like an island of detail in a sea of procedural noise?

It all depends on what you can do in the city

Post a pic.

That would depend on how many cities like that you will find on each planet. While big it didn't look like it could hold more than a million or two of people, so if planets have hundreds of millions of people living on them….

It's feasible but Venus would be a better long-term bet to be honest. Higher gravity so fewer health complications, transient magnetic field (vs no field for Mars) and plenty of carbon to build all sorts of crap with…and it's not even in the ground.

Of course, right now it's in the air there…but at least if you can process it slowly you've got O2 readily available.

With high-tier tech to push the planet's rotation to 1:1 with Earth, that magnetosphere might even become more powerful as well. No solar radiation problem then even with the close distance.

And besides, you want alpine and taiga, or a tropical paradise?

I mine in a Type 7. It's comfy if you can keep away from pirates. I have a nice little payday ring near my home base. Easy mil a pop and I don't even have the greatest cargo cap yet.

I'd go with the wimpy 'conda, mass locks won't be much of a problem on the way back and you'd have killer capacity.

CG result from recently. Not surprised given you can get from one end of the galaxy to another in a few hours. But that's the consequence, won't be too long before there isn't any frontier at all when you can move 30-60ly in near-real-time.

There was a low-flying battlecruiser that someone drove their SRV on in the Pleiades a little while back, it was in the newsletter.

With a fuel scoop you have infinite range. Just find a main sequence star, get close to it and go get that gas. If and when gas giant play is enabled then you should be able to fill up there as well, but we shall see.

With out a scoop you can go about 100-200ly if you make fuel efficient jumps. Maximum range hops drain a hell of a lot more gas than a series of 1-4ly hits.

What do you guys think about an advanced human empire exploring the galaxy, finding technologically inept human races, giving them the greatest technology imaginable, and incorporating them into your empire?

Would they holocaust themselves or would they join without issue?

Would we be the biggest assholes in the galaxy by giving little children guns and seeing how things turn out?

The vast majority of people are fucking retarded
There is never a good time to give all of humanity access to sci-fi tech
Which means that there's also never a bad time, either

Why would humans be technologically inept

Threaten them with obliteration if they start acting like dumbasses?

We right now are basically technologically inept. We are dumbasses who barely went to the moon and back and even that was thought to never happen. They had a speech written for if we failed the moon landing before the speech for if we succeeded.

Its conceivable that in the distant future after thousands of planets have been colonized that a few of those tear themselves apart and the survivors rebuild with limited or no technology and after a few generations fall back on a more tribal simplistic lifestyle

Did you forget niggers exist?

We tried that already.
It was called Africa, and look where we are now.

Considering what said happened no one but us seem to give a shit about any distinction between the two

For this case, everyone is white and conforms to most NatSoc ideologies.

Here's the rest of this guy's submission. And I do agree: I'd rather see them as sentient trees than tree people. There are a few submissions that are non-humanoid, and it could be we haven't seen them all, but the submissions end in two days.

Why would a plant from an alien world where evolution went its own way, look like a guy wearing a mask?
And those ships look suspiciously like Eldar ships. Is he just trying to make a Woodelf version of the Eldar?

Wow, nice Eldar ship fanart, got more?
Holy shit, how uninspired.

It's like Eldar but actually good instead of bland GWshit. Good for them, I say.

More like "shit instead of bland". Typical wannabe space fantasy style, overdesigned as shit in big types of ships.

The new Space Engineers update absolutely destroyed my fps. Building take forever now.

Holla Forums server again when?
Also I hate how shitty this game runs.

tfw can't do multiply due to living in middle of no where with shit internet.

RIP space thread

I'll get the last laugh eventually.

what's the deal with this game? anybody heard of it?

No, I came here to ask the same thing. Already #1 top seller on steam, so I guess space thread is behind the times.

Is this basically Groot: The Species?

A roguelike space shooter, sounds like it has potential.
Early Access, so don't touch.

It's Everspace, I just came here to ask if anyone here has tried it. I saw some gameplay of it before release and it seems pretty interesting.

but it hasn't released yet
you are paying to alpha test the product

I can wait

Just noticed it as well. Looks fucking cool as hell. I'm little worried because the first thing I saw of it was a GOG email describing it as "a single player, rogue-like space shooter".

you don't have to wait long since I'm pretty sure it came out today. They posted a thing on Steam saying it would go live at 10am PST/7pm CET and GOG is selling it without any mention of EA. I guess they just haven't updated the steam store page or some shit.

Think again, friend

well shit

i also just realised that it's still september and september 14th is in fact now and not a few months ago like i was thinking. i'm just a retard.

too bad, i was really fucking liking the look of the game.

now that I look at this shit more the game is made by devs who come from mobile and it was kickstarted. the only project they've done off of mobile apparently failed before it was really even a thing.

It's alright user
You'll get used to the pain

They don't have to natural evolve, they could be created be Endless or other ancient race.
By the way, the winner from the last contest said that this>>10699216 concept is the most close to his vision. Not that he has any further power over the race.
Needless to say I don't like wooden elves concept. Especial with all that humanoids in the roster. I'm not also entirely happy with sentient trees. I don't know, I'm just want something that look out of this world and unique.

I am rock hard :^)

I just want to be a bodyless omnipotent (or at least omnifast) entity that roams the stars looking for nice sceneries. Is that too much to ask?

You some kind of 40k fan?

Or just pirate the GOG version

I saw that submission, but the ships seemed a bit wonky to me. There's only a day left and no clear non-humanoid competitor has emerged for the groot space elves. But I hope support can be rallied somehow to any one of the non-humanoid designs. It's also worth mentioning that Endless Space launched with 3 human factions, 3 humanoid factions, and only 2 non-humanoid factions (sowers and amoebas).

Starsector is getting an update, or already had, they are reworking fighters so you equipment to the carrier now, rather than have them in you fleet.

is that two ships having sex?

Did look a bit odd to me. It's supposed to be a dreadnought. This is the final 'sheet' submission of his.

If I wasn't a uselees neet of shit I'd buy it just to write a review saying THAT'S IT, STAR CITIZEN IS FUCKING DEAD.

I wish there were more games that let you have a multicrew on one space ship. The only one I can think of right now is Pulsar, and that still early access. Plus it has a few design choices I don't really care for.

yfw we actually came close with the original PREY 2, but Bethesda nuked the game by attempting a hostile takeover on the devs during development like a bunch of greedy kikes

On topic, I've been looking at Elite Dangerous because I'm starved for a space game and I don't see any other options. Is it gud? Is it worth the full price or should I wait for a sale? Is it comfy? Is there a way to join up with people from here and go on comfy space adventures?

In particular, I saw the promised "full crew ships". Is this the fabled chance to have a Bebop experience?

Fuck this gay earth.

No

wait for a sale, it's VERY barebones
comfy yes, for a while, then you fall asleep from nowhere
full crew ships is a lie, maybe not but it most likely will not be more than 1 or 2 other people and at most 3 considering most ships don't have more than 1 other seat other than the one you're using
there's no room to walk around on the ships and space legs are probably 2 years away at earliest and tied to whatever expansion it's a feature of, just like planetary landings and engineers

That's a shame. 50% off or more worth it, then? iirc that's what it went on sale for last time, like nine fucking months ago goddamn. Sorry for the shit formatting in my other post, it looked way bigger on my phone screen. Fuck power outages

I know it really shouldn't but can you have a game where you can only hear what directly contacts with your ship or would it be too eerily quiet?

eh, depends on what you are playing.

Fanciful fiction, Mars lacks a magnetic field of sufficient strength that would protect an atmosphere thick enough for life to be able to flourish, nevermind for bodies of water to form.

What was the deal with x-rebirth? I've heard it was shit but would like to know what specifically the main complaints are.

It was originally an Xbox 360 exclusive until the final two months of development when they realized "oh shit, nobody on console cares" and tried to shit it out on PC as well. If that's not sufficient for you to stay the fuck away, I'm sure someone else would just love to rip it apart in much more detail.

it's a pile of shit dude don't even bother.
For a proper X experience just go back to X3AP

I'm going to save time and just say absolutely every thing about rebirth was unfinished. game breakingly buggy. And most of the functions don't even work as intended. The only improvment this game has over AP is that you hire people to run your ships and you must pay them. Accept that sucks dildos cuz you can't even go on your large ship bridge, you get a shite pad in the bay.

ES2 Devs have given us more information about the not-Necrons

Fdev has said a full crew of 4 in say an anaconda can take on possibly a player wing of 4 other ships. Probably not all other anacondas but it's going to have an impact. 4 is the magic number since thats the current max in a wing. Keep in mind the larger ships have plenty of room in the cockpit for more then the currently visible seats too.

They can bring it back up by reigniting the core to molten rock. Since the E:D universe has cheap infinite power it's probably within the relm of possibility

I think you're lucky if you can get the base game and the Horizons expansion together for under $60
you don't realy need Horizons but you miss out on Engineer RNG tweaking your ship modules

well Everspace is already up on PB so you can waste a few hours for free then uninstall and forget it forever

just checked the prices on steam, 50% off seems reasonable if it's for the base game and Horizons together
but as I've said earlier, it's very barebones and there's not much else to do than fly your ship around from point A to point B

that is nice and all
but where are the lewds!?

I thought of the goa'ulds for a moment.

yeah, i can see it

how much of an autist ami if i just watched all the details on the ship and didnt notice the its a long ship joke?

I want to be able to walk around in ED so bad.

Fuck off degenerate.
Go back to your "fuckstaposition" on halfchan.

I believe they said something about them "totally not being Necros you guys".

Buddy, seems to me you have shit taste.
The old armored core games are great, especially if you emulate it.
Sadly not all of the PS2 games can be emulated yet.
Get a PS3 instead of a 360 you tard. It has far more exclusives so you can justify the purchase way easier.

There are also Mechwarrior games that aren't MWO. Starsiege Tribes is alright too, although I don't know if it counts.

If you get a vr headset with position tracking you can walk around the cockpits as far as your set space.

Season 3 space legs when 6 months at the earliest thats when

lol

Also I've never heard the term fuckstaposition before. Nice term, but I googled it and the first result is to reddit, so I think it's clear who needs to leave.

Also, I just thought of the term user.
It's a simple wordplay of juxtaposition and fuck. Doesn't take a genius, now does it.
I'm pretty sure the actual terms for such webms is slightly different.
I assume you'd know since you have such content saved on your hard drive.

lol

You need a nap or something.

what a fucking no fun allowed, faggot.

Very nice argument.
Go back to masturbating.

Eldars are elves. Elves are cancer.

Very nice.
I thought this is a vidya board.
Those are fun.

Besides, if you like MILFs so damn much, how about you marry a woman and make her a mother you fucking scum.

Now you're getting it

actually, im married to pic related

exhentai.org/g/671502/49e02e7f0b/

exhentai.org/g/742590/4843007076/

You need a fap or something. How the fuck do you get to the point of trying to MR a space thread smh.

Clearly this is all subjective.
All is relative, I know goy.
But I guess it must be JUST ME when someone says something like this
I assume it's a joke but it doesn't change the fact that you're not married.

Is this what you are looking for user?

Now this is true degeneracy

Should have gone with PR

no thanks

user, where the fuck do you think you are?
facebook?

-*TRIGGERED*-

Got some Vodyani heroes:

da fuck is that shit?

Having played (pirated) Everspace for a bit I can say it's not really terrible, definitely early access and absolutely not worth $30, I think I just don't like the Roguelike thing where you need to keep dying over and over to get better. Really there isn't much more to do here than blow up enemies and travel from level to level. I think even when it's done it'll be just worth a pirate but nothing more than that.

Yes and no.

Better to wait. In fact so far the season model has been inclusive so for now waiting is better in general as it'll always end up getting you more content for the same price.

Extremely.

Yes, but the netcode is crappy P2P and the devs insist on making it take ages to meet up. There was recently a proposal for instant ship transfer that would have made organizing a lot easier but whiny forumdads got a delay added and the feature itself may be pushed back by half a year.

>You will, never, ever, in a trillion years, ever, find Sev

>You will never hold him while he slips away, like so many other troopers before him brothers all.

Fucking autists I swear to God
"I want this to be as much of a chore as possible to play and will spit in everyone's face to make that happen!"
Now instead of getting the ship you want to fly immediately, you have to go and watch a fucking television show or something while you wait for the ship you want to fly to show up. I hate autists so much.

I really like the relation between Vodyani government and heroes that connect with Endless souls. One the one hand they are saints blessed by their Gods, on the other hand they are no longer under strict control of the church and thus they are untrustworthy.

You'll also notice that in the Vodyani leader is named Isyara St Shaiad. Her brother, who seems to be thought of as a false prophet and apostate, is named Iskander St Shaiad. Don't know what that means - were they touched by the same virtual endless?

Confirmed for Vaulter become broken lords become Quarians.

There’s no way to spin up the core of a planet, so no magnetosphere means that even if it’s breathable it still won’t be safe to live on. Never mind the damage done to you by being in ⅓g.

You are a threat to the survival of humanity.

humanity is a threat to the survival of humanity

So lets kill ourselves before we kill ourselves?

Can't we just kill ourselves instead. Seems like it would be less trouble.

That sounds like a worthy plot for Mass Effect: SJWeda.

We really are considering at the moment we are the only being that is threatening us, but it's not like we have to do anything about it

There is no threat since the nuke made Clausewitz' total war a reality. The people looking for nuclear disarmament are the ones looking to invade other countries.

Anyone know good thrustmaster x setup for ED? trying this out but something still feels off.

It really is the best setup if you want as many functions bound as possible.
It feels off at first (I would have put the shift buttons somewhere else but don't have the energy to try changing it) but you get used to it eventually.

It seems to get the most of it I'll still have to use mouse and k/b for other functions. Alright, it'll take some time to get use to it. I'll get this shit right and hope to get that voice command stuff going.

setting it up is pretty straight forward
it's just a bit time consuming
this is what my docking macro in VoiceMacro looks like and it works about 75% of the time from any tab on the left screen
if you make sure to always leave the left screen on the Navigations tab you only need to set up a key sequence
1 is the key I use to bring up the left screen

you can get my profile by saving and opening this image with 7zip, unless codemonkey made it so Holla Forums's mediaserver scrambles the last 4 bits or whatever to disable that in which case I've uploaded the same file here r.kyaa.sg/zyjowf.png

I had the HOTAS X for a while but god I hated it.
The rubber at the base of the stick huehuehue has this weird resisting force curve to it especially closer to the center. It made fine adjustments either impossible or tiring because I had to apply force to overcome the rubber yet make sure I don't overcompensate…
And that divided throttle with the bump in the center is just stupidly "sticky". Yet again I had to apply way too much force to overcome that bump and by doing so I lost the precision at low throttle regions
And the lack of control axes on the left hand made it an obvious choice to ditch it and self E:D until I can afford a better one

What's the best space game for being a mercenary dog fighting for neoshekels and glory?

r8 my moonbase expansion effort

prefab/10
im making a full scale football field out of heavy armor where 1 block=1 yard
im gonna make little hover bots to play some form of football with and its gonna double as a landing pad when im not doing that
its called moonbase madden

Does SE have decent AI now? Can I have a functional carrier with fighters yet?

you can have drones that do whatever you want them to do if you can figure out how to program it

If its not small enough to weld quickly, its not practical. If its not built to be weldable from one direction so you dont lose gyros and stuff, its not a good design.

oversized ship builders in SE make me want to yell at them, you're supposed to have a thing for a function not just more hull for no reason. try making a ship with no hull blocks at all for practice on good design.

I own enough ships where I should care but I really don't. All my shits engineered, I've been too far to really give a fuck about travel times even more so now that all my ships have at least 20ly+

What I do find funny is all those fucks crying about instant ship transfers ruining immersion are the same carebear faggots who want instant spawning security forces that one shot anyone who dares to shoot at them.

ive always done this because im usually trying to shove as many features into a vehicle as possible
i like making self sustaining ships with redundancies because i like to imagine a time where teams and pvp is viable and players roam space in multipurpose battle cruisers

also many daydreams about being on one planet and declaring people on another planet fucking heretics and trying to invade them while taking into consideration fuel,oxygen,ammunition, enough materials to establish forward protection and further material acquisition
fucking mono stellar interplanetary war simulator

Please tell me there's a really high resolution version of this? I want it as a poster

Yeah and they're the ones least likely to use it.

Pay no attention to the many other things that could take lots of time but are instant, ship repairs, ship outfitting, respawn, cargo and now passenger loading.

I did make a mention of waiting for passengers to board for the sake of realism but then I realized I could set my own timer and play my own bg noise of people boarding if I was going to be that autistic about it. These fuckers could self impose their own timers if it mattered that much.

Real talk here faggots. Is ED getting a third season?

If it's more mobile game shit like Engineers and reskinned cargo missions I am not hopeful for what is to come.

Good luck.
Try making anything that makes even a modicum of sense that, but doesn't resemble anything made before.

That looks like so much shit.

Ascending to "energy". Cloths. Saints.

What garbage

Since season 2 was started on long before the end of season 1 it should be worked on atm.

The big draw is supposed to be space legs, being to walk around planet surfaces, ships and stations so even if they really manage to drop the ball on more gameplay with those features it should deepen the sandbox at least a little more.

Might even be able to meet the powers face to face.

Was gonna say, it's difficult to hug pure energy

I should place more of these

Speaking of BFG, Tau beta is over now.
Wondering if they are gonna change them in any way shape or form after the beta.

Good question, the Warpshere sucked too much, the Demiurge were situational and playing Tau was kinda weird tbh with all the frontal firing going on.

Privateer is your best bet to be honest user, or Evochron Legacy.

Also it seemed like Imps had some big troubles fighting against these things.
Probably because these guys have some dps based firepower on their front arc and they turn like spinning tops, so getting to their flank and blowing their rear end off was more than just challenging for everyone.

it's just a little push, it'd still have almost all of the ship's velocity.

Yeah, Tau are also weirdly strong with boarding. Had a SM Strike Cruiser blowup with a fucking plasma surge and take a LC with him after being attack by two wings of Manta assault bombers.

Ship boarding where comrade user?, please tell me

Being able to bomb and board at the same time is a bit ridiculous in terms of power when you add in that stance bullshit.

Agreed.

Battlefleet gothic armada.
You can board in it via teleporters or assault boats.
Also some factions have assault shuttles with range of strike crafts and striking power of assault boats.

Can't play because my toaster would have die., thanks anyway user

It's ok you can play the much superior Empire at War anyway. Grab the clone wars mod for Best Ship.

I played empire at war to hell and back with and with mods for my shipfu but I have a need to do some ship boarding and empire of war doesn't have that

Silly user, that's not what a Hiver cruiser looks like.

Great, sooner than expected.

Ok, I'm curious to know more.

I'm sorry, I have to pay for this? Pay money for the privilege of beta testing new features? Fuck that Jew shit, I can wait until October.

Opinions on starmade?

Is there any space game in a single solar system with semi-terraformed planets like cowboy bebop? or ember will be the first one?

Vampire-Church Quarians

It's sad it's a buy in beta cause then you get all the cunts who don't actually send bug reports but just want to try out the new stuff earlier and play with the temporary 90% off everything.

Probably why the game has persistent bugs after every major patch even with a beta, that don't get fixed till the next major patch. The god damn quick bonus on trading missions for example only lasting 00:00 seconds

The "boarding" is just shitty dice rolls anyway. You'll have to wait for Mandate for proper boarding. hopefully

that shit annoys me to no fucking end
I get bonus shit below 5-10 minutes going to Wu Guinagi, with the worst being 00.00 minutes at the time I get the message, but then going from Wu Guinagi and arriving in the other system I get messages saying they want the shit within 41 minutes and it's constantly doing this every round trip

Everytime

I hope as well

He doesn't know… Poor guy

Hello, I just want to share some shots I took while playing with space engine.

Meh/10
Would get kicked out of servers with Holla Forums again.

Is it about the community manager or whatever?
I choose to remain blissfully ignorant

I have the responsibility to tell you, Do you wish to know user?

Is this some kind of sick joke

REPENSUM EST CANICULA

How bad is it?

Turn based boarding
Game releasing in EA next year
Cut features
Talk of some team members leaving
Guy using the kickstater page to talk about netflix shows

As the mandate shill I must warn everybody else. It's too late for me user I must hope the ship can be saved or go down with it for my incompetence .

I gave 500$ to the Mandate, try to top that mandate shill.

Is there a way you can get your money back user?

Don't think so. It's no big deal really, I take it as a learning experience for hype. I avoided the SC trap but fell in the Mandate one.

I'll try to ask for a refund by suggesting some netflix movies.

Such as?

It's cool user, anyone could have fallen for the "Mount&Blade in spehss" sales pitch.
I probably would have funded it too if i was able to.

Don't know they just said cut features but didn't say what was cut.

kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1652209

Wait a minute boys the ship hasn't sunk yet, The team member that left was the community manger and they put out the road map and features that are going to be in the EA we might survive after all but real time combat was replaced with way point combat.

Who knows, maybe turn based boarding combat works better.
Right guys?
G-guys?

Same guy who was talking about netflix in the kickstarter? Good riddance?

That's what I get for having hope.

What game is that
And when did Stargate get a working videogame?

Really?
It's Space Engineers mate.

Space Engineers has a Stargate mod that includes a small amount of stuff for now. Gates work by changing the name of the DHD to the name of the gate you are trying to connect to, stargates can only connect to stargates and supergates to other supergates.

Right now I am figuring out of an issue I was having was caused by the supergate transit or not.

P90 is included

No the community manger was the one who was the Tortanic forum manager.

That was the biggest blow of this whole fiasco to me

Hope rides alone for a reason

I haven't seen Pecisk damage controlling on the ED forums since a while. Has he killed himself yet?

Do you have any more? I like the ones with the Enterprise-D and the Alcubierre drive ship.

bump

oy vey

Found a terran planet without extreme atmospheric pressure. I used a joystick and flying a shuttle around it felt like a dream. It's a lot more enjoyable than flying in space.

Space is shit.

I tried to get away from this black hole but the ship's engines wasn't powerful enough to get away from its pull. The hole was pretty big and I was pretty far so I thought I could get away. I was going as fast as 70,000 km towards the black hole anyway by the time I realized I wasn't getting away. So I just turned around and enjoyed the ride.

That is horrifying.

Hold on, you can fly things in Space Engine?
Atmosphere and gravity affect the handing?

Yea, it does have all that. There are hover engines on some of the ships. It helps when you fly on planets with shit conditions. Ships just don't have damage models.

Is there a spess gaem where I can fly a capital sized ship and maybe even have a fleet?

X3 is almost perfect for that but I don't have time for that kind of autism anymore
Limit Theory is as dead as Josh is an autist
Is there anything else?

Star sector

Also

Fug this new posting system. I tried posting this 5 times

I second this. I don't find flying around in single-seaters to be all that appealing anymore

I'll wait

After 270 hours of play I finally have one of the big-ass ships.
Could have got one right away the other week after the huge community goal but I'm not a retard who flies things without enough for rebuy and basic outfitting.

I almost crash into those bastards all the time. Single slot entries also being exist for orbital stations is the most retarded idea I've ever heard of. No one in their right mind would design something that stupid>>10739289

God damn it. I meant exits

StarMade. Still in development, but it's chugging along pretty well. If nothing else, you can make the ship and smaller ships to go with it, then wait for the game to develop more content and play using said ship.

It has a blueprint system so you can save ship designs and transfer them between servers/PC's/etc.

go in on the green side come out the red. even the anaconda can fit in just one side.

Pay attention to your radar too and watch for larger incoming ships. if you're having real problems fly a cobra and you can slip under/over everything in the slot.

Trust me, I hug the far edges of the slot. It doesn't stop those guys from flying in the center and scraping me

ED is giving me shit to go and find that I can't go and find because I don't have the Horizons expansion
I'm guessing this shit is randomly generated and locked to my profile but in case it's not you're welcome to help yourself to an ambush or something

Just killed something in my Anaconda for the first time. Felt like a boss.
I've got the thing covered in various turreted laser weapons and multi-cannons, so I just target and fire, and then I've got a big gimballed multi-cannon in my huge hardpoint bound to secondary fire so when I get lined up I can unleash the beast.
I am living the dream.

now that youve run out of ships to envy over what will you do now?

Max kek son, there's always ships to envy over
Gotta grind that Imperial rank to maximum so I can have that sweet sweet Cutter
Gotta get an A-rated Fer-de-Lance for top dogfighting
Gotta RNGneer an AspX so I can painstakingly travel thousands of light years across the galaxy looking for interesting things
Autism always finds a way, user.

Don't forget the new Beluga whale. It might even get a good fsd for it's size.

Just reminded me, there will also be AI co-pilots to train up to maximum skill as well.
Knowing Frontier's amazing balance, ship launched fighters will either be completely useless and not even worth employing, or completely overpowered and absolutely necessary for your survival until the next big patch when they're nerfed.
I'm excited to see which.

The vids from the streams show a fighter kill a python, probably a very under configured python but still a python.

They seem to be going for very powerful and dangerous if you ignore them but lack any sort of defense and don't take many shots if focused on. Glass cannons essentially.

Also the small worlds expedition just kicked off (small pad ships only) and they managed to squeeze 107 players into the instance for the mass jump.

I never make time for cool shit like that.
I always tell myself not to bother because I'm in the wrong timezone but that's usually irrelevant because I stay up till 5am nightly anyway.
But I always tell myself "Tomorrow is probably the day you will go to sleep at a normal time, you can't guarantee you'll be on". So I never do. Even though I am.

Have you no shame?

no sound in space m8

Stole the webms from giphy which remove sound on upload

ur one cheeky cunt, m8

That has to be one of the most horrible things I have ever seen.

Long famas is looooooong.

Pic is for you my man.

I bet they originated from a corrupted world.
Also
Didn't the dev ask people to not do something like that after the last big expedition people did?

They can't really do anything to stop it but ask people not to. Although whoever is leading the expedition might of given them a warning or something.

You'll evolve to deal with lower gravity, no big deal. And yes it is possible to spin up a planet's core, it just takes an absolute shit ton of energy to do. No, you can't do it with just nuclear bombs. You'll have to build massive fucking induction electric motor on the surface and it'll spin the core, but the outer surface will accelerate in opposite direction so you'll also have to use tangentially-placed rocket engines to compensate. At which point it's really easier just to use artificial magnetic field.

Why does nobody do hard science fiction any more?
I'd love a game that relied on chemical and nuclear rockets instead of fucking antimatter space magic. Technobabble is so much more fun when you can actually look up and follow what they're talking about.

Because.

The new player group has some faggy goal of "spreading freedom" or whatever but I gotta say, excellent choice of avatar.
Xbox huge bearded Russian man named "Yuri Grom". What a fucking boss. I'd consider joining just to work for this top lad.

fucking thanks man. this works nice

you may have to tweak the docking macro a bit, the clour of the pixel it's detecting, as that shit fail constantly for me
the chaff macro also never fucking works but that might be due to "chaff" being too short for the program to reliably detect and would easily be fixed if you just say "deploy chaff" every time

you my also want to add the bits highlighted in this image to drop out of super cruise as soon as the "safe to disengage" text pops up when approaching a station in super cruise
issuing the command when you have about 10-9 seconds left in the timer usually works, if not increase the timeout timer and maybe adjust the position of the pixel it's checking for. tht goes for pretty much all of the "WaitForPixel" condition checks, go over them and make sure they are checking for pixels in the correct location and colour for your setup
it's also the newest addition to my macros so I've only tried it about 3 or 4 times, the first time I had to increase the TimeOut timer from 120 to 180 seconds. might be a good idea to increase it to 300 seconds

IT IS LIBERATION TIME!
No Yuri, no!

yeah the docking macros is funky, so is the system map and landing gear. Got to figure out how shit works on that and it will be perfect. But the rest is great.

She is way too unreasonably attractive for being a crackhead lesbian

that's strange, landing gear is just pressing L and system map is just pressing N
did you go over your keybinds and change the macros over to use the keybinds you are using?

Here's the latest version of my profile, added a macro to change between open and solo play for when landing pads are occupied
same deal as before, save the image and open it with 7zip

I'll make a new thread when this one reaches page 12

LET ME POST YOU KIKE

there's already a new thread here:

Thanks for coming back to thread to save me user, they left us to sink again