Who is the best voice actor?

Who is the best voice actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/657350/2015-all_fours-animated-anthro-armor-auroth_the_wi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know voice acting has hit a new low when steve blum is considered something more than okay.

Anime was a mistake.

I am

who?

Did he do any vidya recently?

UNIT IN PRODUCTION

War for the Overworld, seemingly.

But he never says a wo…
oh

The Amazing Atheist?

There's no banana up his ass, so no.

i feel most actual gamers know who the best voice actors are.

Cam Clarke is impressive. He was great in Freddy Pharkas and Old World Blues but Killer 7 is something else.

Anyone that isn't Anthony Burch.

Keith David is one of the most recognizable voices I know

WERE IT SO EASY

I mean he's got an interesting voice and all but he sounds the fucking same in everything he does and he's in fucking everything.
pic related is probably my favorite voice actor

unit cancelled

Voice actors of my favorite protagonists are the best voice actors.

these guys

Southworth's alright

I like him alot too.
I bought legion and he seems to do every fucking NPC.

What about Ashley Burch

Nolan North and Troy Baker

Whomever voices Hermes in The Suffering. Love his delivery so much.

That would be John Patrick Lowrie, the familiar voice of Sniper from TF2 and male citizens from HL2

Isn't Agent 47 voiced by David Bateson?

You forgot one.

Tony Jay man, That voice. Fucking legend.

Steve Blum immediately breaks my immersion in any game. Every time I work on my backlog his damn voice eventually shows up, and it's always the fucking same.

Could be worse. Could be generic ass Nolan North.

What was hilarious is Steve did some of the enemy voices in Ace Combat 5, so it led to a drinking game: Drink every time you kill Steve Blum.

Luckily I've only heard Nolan North once, in Resonance of Fate. I guess I keep missing the games he's in.

He's got a better vocal range than you think but autists just want what he does best.

I wouldn't say he is the best, but Brian Bloom does a fantastic job.

I unironically think that Nolan North can be good when he isn't typecasted as the "plucky young everyman adventure guy". His role as Walker from Spec Ops The Line is a good break from his usual Nathan Drake self. And as the Penguin from the Batman games too.
Troy Baker is just overused however. He's hired as a voice actor not for his talent, but for a recognizable name.

Actually it's because he works for cheap as fuck, from last I heard.

I haven't played this game, but when I heard this hoe I came and went a lot.

He might not have range, but god damn would I be fine with hearing his voice more often.

Good taste user

Gonna need more context than some furfag art, nigga.

Ok.

e621.net/post/show/657350/2015-all_fours-animated-anthro-armor-auroth_the_wi

Michael Ironside (Sam Fisher)

Of for fuck's sake not that tweening lying scamming sack of exploitative horseshit

I know, I know, but I've dropped some semen on that tween thanks to that voice.

Dom Deluise

Ashly Burch. Ashley Burch was his wife.

He does have a nice, soothing voice.

Since when do voice actors have to have a dozen different voices? Most will only voice one character in a game anyway.

Having a wide range of voices generally helps do each individual one well, which is why having a couple hundred different voice-actors is counter-productive unless you simply make the programmers voice everything

He did a shitton of voices in Assfaggots 2.
And I doubt that I would've ever guessed which one, without looking it up.

Whoever voices Adam Jensen.

Also since it is relevant, the commentary the webm in is from has the voice actor for Jensen state that he had an incredibly hard time getting work because Jensen's voice had become so well known that people would refuse to hire him.

That's not Maurice LaMarche. Both in games and cartoons he gave good performances

He was really stiff on Arkham City, but he really sold it on Knight shame it was such an awful game

That's actually a pretty interesting video.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

This man has the single most imposing voice of any voice actor.

The horror of being typecasted all the fucking time.
I used to hate his samevoice crap until I saw how he's being told to sound exactly the same.
Now I just want to give the man a hug and a role

Wasn't this guy also the Quantum Ranger in Time Force?

Took me a minute
KOTOMINE

I loved me some Suffering, despite all the audio and compatibility issues. And the bullshit end boss. And the autosave at the last boss that spawned me underwater. And the somewhat wonky controls.
But I loved it.

I never really got Ties That Bind to work on my last machine, how is it, truthfully? On it's own and compared to the original.

Not anymore

nigger, voice actors are still ACTORS, if they have no range, they're shitty actors. Sure, they can do a great voice and live off of that and be popular, just look at Morgan Freeman, he's pretty much the same character in every movie. But I doubt they'd be respected within the acting community.

Yep, pure furrybait. Most of her lines are just sexual groans

voice over killed gaming.

PROVE ME WRONG

Prove it did, burden of proof and all that

Jesus

prove it

I am going to rape you in the fucking ass.

i always thought they modified the voice for the kantus. Its pretty cool

I agree, and it's not to be some edgy contrarian faggot either. Voice acting leaves less to the audience's imagination, discourages actually reading and thus stimulating your fucking brain, and was one of the contributing factors for games to dissolve into interactive movies. To elaborate on that last point, voice acting in video games replaced traditional text boxes, leaving more room for QTEs and interactive cutscenes

Voice acting is cancer

lol

Go look at the characters he has done with Valve especially in Dota 2. He has crazy range and pulls off some very different characters quite believably.

Whether you hate ASSFAGGOTS or not, you've gotta admit that Timbersaw's lines and execution is top tier.

So do VISUALS
LET'S REMOVE ALL GRAFIX FROM VIDEO GAMES
FAGGOT

you only spoke about the effect on the consumer's perception of the game.

But most importantly, voice over eats up a LOT of budget that would be better spent pretty much anywhere else on a game.

Also it forces writers to reduce dialogue and dialogue choices to fit the voice acting budget.

It inflates the size of game installs, more so now that it's all store uncompressed to save CPU time on modern shittier-than-ever consoles.

I think most of the arguments against voice acting are just proving how annoying it is, but the 2 real reasons voice acting killed gaming is 1 the financier drain and 2 IT PUSHES GAME MAKERS TO BELIEVE THEY CAN MAKE IT TO HOLLYWOOD, so instead offocusing on making a gamy game, that focus on making as many "cinematic" cutscenes as budget will allow, and the game in-between takes a second seat, literally killing gaming.

There, Burden of proof terminated.

It does work though.

I really liked Ties that Bind.
Compared to the original, I think it will probably come off as the weaker entry. But it has a lot of really great shit in there and I think it really holds up well on its own.
The Creeper was perfect. They nailed the slimy creepiness with him. The guy voicing him was amazing.

If you ever come across an old ps2 or something, you should give it a try.

I didn't think this dragon was super mario

Whoah, you are telling me you can have more than one voice actor in the country?

Ashley Burch is his sister, he's talking about his mudshit sister who is a VA on any and every game Anthony is a part of.
Anthony even wrote a tweet once that he was sick of hearing his sister have sex with men in the same house he was in. Probably because he couldn't see tbqh.

Didn't Burch marry a chick named Ashley that looked like his sister?
Nigger's got a complex.

i want to dick her but she's so fucking insane i fear she would flip out in the middle of the act

I don't see the problem

now wait
will there be vaginal contractions?

I came in here to say that I would still fuck her.

Other then the false rape charges you mean?

Do you have no self-respect?

muh waifu

Yes he does.

The fuck user did you even watch what you just sent?