DLC/expansions thread

DLC or expansions that add to the base game in such a way that it's impossible to go back to the vanilla experience.

Pic related.

I'm aware of a lot of DLC and old expansion packs that I haven't played because I was an idiot and felt they were inferior. Just played through TFT and holy shit did it blow me away.

D3 - RoS

Civilization Five with the Brave New Worlds expansion pack

true, too bad the game is still shit even with the expansion

What are some bad expansions you wouldn't want over the base game?

Off yourself, faggot.

All consoles did was take the concept of expansions and charge more money for less content because console kids didn't know any better.

I don't remember any actually bad expansions that made game worse

King's Bounty – Armoured Princess had a case like that with its expansion.
It added two additional campaigns or something like that and if you started one of them it would bug your game out to hell and back.
The beginning area was the same too, although I never played far enough to see what was different about it.

yuris revenge
its good but horribly imbalanced at the same time

Destiny. Because they won't let you.
They take it to the next level though. They remove your access to the vanilla content you already own unless you buy every DLC.

WoW Cata.
And probably the other ones after that one as well.

Don't be a fucking casual. Warcraft 2 is the only good game in the series.

Top kek

You could make a list of things Blizzard did poorly and it would be a pretty fucking long list, but Warcraft 3 wouldn't be on it.

Ignoring DLC (tons of gamebreaking shit) and MMO's for obvious reasons, there aren't really very many, because expansions were generally well thought out additions to the game that the developers thought would be cool.

Sometimes though it kinda imbalances stuff, like the expansions to HOMM3.

Both expansions had a lot of good features, but the conflux town in Armageddons blade threw off the balance a ton, as did most of the artifacts in Shadow of Death. Conflux was stupid strong with Phoenixes, and if you got an artifact, you typically won the game with it.

Night of the Raven for Gothic 2.

Everything is better with it, and the new content is great.

Arguably Alpha Centauri was a better experience than playing with Alien Crossfire due to quality being watered down with shitty content.

Dark Arisen for DragDog

I might actually play this again since I have a copy, and I can't seem to get SW:DF 1 and 2 to run on my windows 7.

Mortis bless you.

I loved the beginning of cata when enh shamans were finally decent and heroics were "fucking hard" because they required use of cc instead of mindless aoefest everyone got accustomed to in WOTLK. It was almost like doing BC heroics again