Where did everything go so wrong for this company?

Where did everything go so wrong for this company?

Was it just their bosses were retarded or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

tsrewind.com/index.php/en/
tsmusicbox.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. They let EA buy them.

at some point the technical guys became the design guys and before anyone knew it, Crytek was running out of money as they had to pander to the biggest audience possible in order to hopefully earn some money back

Turks that fused with Bulgarian Gypsies and cooperated/sold to EA.
Never made a good game and are selling their Engine.
There was never anything that went right except their semitic PR.

They are turkroaches.

Are you talking about the crysis 1 aliens?

Yea, sneaking on gooks made for a much better gane

Yeah the alien bits were shit

On top of this the company rapidly expanded after their success with Crysis 1 and the sales of the engine.

They bought studios like mad really fast that would in turn shit out stuff like Warface

Every single part of Crytek was horribly mismanaged and every single one of their decisions after Crysis 1 was awful.
They made a fuckhuge amount of money with Crysis 1, then suddenly tried to go AAA with their budgets on top of consoles. Everything went downhill and the games made no profits anymore since production costs tripled.

So yes, their bosses were simply retarded turks.

They went literally insane. Far Cry 1 was a surprise success which inflated their turk egos to a point where they thought they turned into a triple-a company overnight, so they overextended and wasted money for dumb shit.

It's like a nigger getting his first paycheck and instantly wasting it on goldrims.

on top of what the other anons said already, it seems like the working environment was/is terrible there so any talented employee was probably taken down by some bs infighting.
I liked Crysis 3 though

It seems like Crytek were trying to copy what everyone else was doing just as everyone else was moving onto the next big thing.

I hear Ryse was more along the lines of Roman CoD.

As for Homefront 2's case, that was hilarious. Maybe they'll get the hint and make Timesplitters 4

Don't you know the Golden rule of the game's industry user? Never give the customer what they want! Tell and bully them into wanting what you make instead

I cared

Has that ever worked out for a game company anymore? Shit like DmC and so many more games like it bombed hard. Where do devs get the idea that insulting the players or ignoring them in favor of reviewers is a good for business and wont bite them in the ass?

(checked)
I don't know, you tell me Satan?

Although I have noticed a trend that most marketing these days, not just for games, seems to be trying to antagonize and bully consumers. Take the new Ghost Busters film, all the marketing on that was just blatant bullying and insults at people to go see the movie trying to make them feel awful if they didn't. It is absolutely fucking retarded and turns round to bite them on the ass when people do have spines and rightfully tell them to go fuck themselves.

Look at this fucking casual

EA seems to have done a number to the roaches after their contract was bound for 8 years and they had to go to console market due to its dominance at the time.
I think the old devs are all gone now, which is quite unfortunate, I used to respect these cunts.

lmao at those roaches when they cried
MUH PIRACY MUH 6 GAZZILLION LOST SALES
lmao

Here's my two cents.

The arrogant additude towards their fans had to play a part.

Fans of crysis wanted a sequal, for a long time, instead of working on one they focused on warband or whatever the hell the half assed crysis multiplayer thing was.
Then when they stopped making money, they shit out a half assed sad excuse of a CoD clone, and called it crysis 2.

Did the same thing with timesplitters.
They bought the studio that made it, tried to hire everyone that was involved.
Then they had all these online petitions, polls and Facebook fuckery.

They get 25 thousand.
They get 200,000 signatures

This was around the time that someone who worked their claimed that the higher ups where pissed that crysis 3 did so poorly, and even more pissed that each time they did a "if we get blank amount of likes/signatures/retweets" that they would reach the goal set, I think there is still a petition that is at 1.2 mil that nobody cares about anymore because they know crytek doesn't care.

Also they fucked over dambuster by making them test out cryengine 3, but not giving them the time to get it running right

Now I can understand lightly joking with the customers, but to flat out bully and antagonize your own target audience is a horrible thing and to have your product bomb as a result of that is how the world should be.

What kind of ignorant newfaggotry is this?
What the fuck?

Please don't conflate Far Cry/Crysis with Ubisoft's Memecry series.

Am I the only one who LIKED Crysis 2 and 3? I did see their imperfections, but still had a blast playing them. And when you put it all together (including the comics) the story is actually pretty good, coherent all the way.

By the way, I've bought Crysis 1 and 2 on Steam, and pirated 3 because it was exclusive to Origin. Nobody uses that shit, so I think that's the big reason why it failed.

I liked 2, and 3 could have been a cool adventure with a mute Alcatraz and Big Black Prophet acting as his operator, but they fucked it by skipping over everything, and not explaining anything in game. Plus, who really wanted Prophet back?

The mutants aren't even that bad on normal. The big ones do have a lot of health, but most of the time you can easily just blow them away with a vehicle turret or avoid them altogether.

Around the release of Crysis.

Looked great in promos, then nothing special on release, with bad performance, design and controls. Toggle instead of hold ironsights. Similar visual settings as in the DX10 version were in the .ini but not the ingame settings.

A lot of waste in design and very unimpressive designs.
It was another corridor shooter instead of an island freeroam and there was nothing to do but shoot. No towns, no npc life. Suit abilities were badly selected, which slowed game pace. Too short to make for interesting battles.

The footage shown prior probably still looks great. That kind of gameplay is fine. Try not to die, survive by luck. Slow but impressive environment around. Impressive effects.

It arranged battles instead if sticking more danger than the player can handle there. Suit abilities should be to survive not to be better at attacking. Shouldn't even be a suit.

More pseudo american shit too. If want to show off professionals, show people shit scared and fully aware of where they are 100% tuned to the fact they snap a twig they are dead. A shot going close meaning something. It WILL correct, the next will be closer. You are dead if you don't move. Then mortars, grenades, helicopters tanks, all firing where they think you are. No warnings to detection either, first shot will not be a warning, so assume seen at all times. Don't be seen.

Didn't need aliens, that shit doesn't impress in the slightest. Rather make the centre of the island the objective or some objective's location to find out by chance going around. Not being seen. Occupied island or something. Spend excessively long going around memorising the area, taking risks when confidant it's the right moment.

The quirk can be there is no story. Nothing to find out. So causing any damage would be your own fault. Things just seeming very, very suspicious. Rituals that look like sacrifice. Stupid customs. Some a bit nasty. Eg kill entire village or let a woman get stoned to death. Answer of course to pop smoke like magic and make the woman dissappear. Then get her off the island. Add to this mythos by haunting the area. Give the hint horny girls are to be given to the volcano monster yum yum. Which you can set up to have a time based mechanism that unties the female after she's lowered to an escape cave. Painting on how to build a boat on the walls. Mythos working on her too. Back onto the "statue" untill satisfied if she wants to. Pay her back by drugging her and taking her away, waking up in a dream world. Or cover her in flowers and things and take her back purified. Please come back again.

Also make their crops grow better with the magic of manoure. Turn their water into wine on festival nights. Have an awkward encounter with an investigator as you wait to be raped by her, then have to work your magic on her too, curing her assumptions then letting her follow procedure treating her just like another girl.
Also compete with the other medicine man who is effective too but won't share his magic. Clue him in and have the whole island turn against you when you want to leave. Still doing the same stuff. Volcanoe erupting to teach the medicine man a lesson. Make the statue extra long and thick, to last. And for your reputation.

Nothing went wrong you stupid spergs

They're primarily an game engine developer, weren't they founded over a fucking Nvidia tech demo? Developing and promoting the CryEngine was obviously their top priority over making games, their games were just demos of the engines technology

Cryengine is licensed by Ubisoft and Amazon so they obviously are completing their primary objective as a company

Hell, even Unreal is making the new UT free as an engine demo and they haven't made a game themselves in a long ass time

And for that matter neither has Valve, they're probably going to put more effort into shilling Source 2 over making games for it

Thanks for that autism user

Cryisis 1 was great.

The following games started contradicting the first one and introducing ever sillier plot elements.
I fucking hate what they did to the nano-suit and alien enemies.

Oh, let's not have enemy variety. Let's have the same enemies every level.

Retard.

The only thing that would have made Crysis 1 better would be a few more missions, to slowly introduce aliens, and more missions with friendly AI support.
Oh, and getting rid of the "chick scientists is always right, nukes make em stronger!" cliche.

Their whole shtick was making benchmarking games for PC. With Crysis 2 they tried to double dip on making a console shooter while trying to make a PC benchmarking game.
The design decisions and the way the game plays shows the difference. The first game was more like Delta Force with a nanosuit while Crysis 2 was like Call of Duty with a nano suit.
By the third game nobody gave a shit about their derivative games apart from using it as a benchmark tool but since the game actually had no appeal, people didn't give a shit to build their PCs around it.
Almost every single project since then has bombed for them. Ryse was poorly received by the media on top of being a bad game and sold pretty poorly.
Their self published games have no marketing and will probably die out before making any profit.

Console Crysis didn't have areas where the developers didn't achieve what they set out to achieve, it had areas where the developers didn't try to achieve anything - the real issue is that these areas comprised the vast majority of each game.

The comic book introduced a time machine made by the aliens. This was by far the most significant event in the series as far as any character, human or alien, would ever deem and most definitely in what it implies of the aliens, and it's never touched on again.

These fuckers killed TimeSplitters 4 because they couldn't pick a character for the fucking boxart.

Good fucking riddance I say

how to spot a casual baby 101

cant handle Far Cry when shit gets real

sure, the entire game should be exactly the same, and there should never be any boss fights thats too video gamey

When they became only about "muh graffixx".
There was an interview with the head of the studio where he stated that games could not progress as a medium until graphics became photorealistic. With priorities like that, is it weird that the cimpany fucked up?

They still get hyped a lot here in Germany. Just like Reddit loves Gabe, people in Germany here love them.

They are total cancer. I hope they go totally bankrupt.

were bought out by EA (and subsequently purchased Free Radical)

"Trigens ruined FarCry" meme needs to fucking die already its 5 fucking missions with a change of pace so you get some nice variation, NPC on NPC fighting and atmosphere and then its right back to Casual Operating with even harder enemies.

Everything but the weapon handling and ledge grabbing animations is fucking awful.
Its dumbed down to shit

crysis 1 was gold. best predator game ever made. and i didnt find the aliens to be that bad either, although the first half of the game was way better.
and the multiplayer was by far the best time i ever had. its amazing if you have a few friends that actualy know how to use the suit.

and then came crysis 2. it played worse, it looked worse, the playstyle was severly limited and it just smelled of consoles.
to its credit it wasnt bad as modern military shooters go, it was well paced and the story was alright. but everyone who enjoyed crysis 1 stopped giving a shit about the series at that point and no one else bothered in the first place.
when crysis 3 released no one cared anymore.

and thats when they completely lost their way, developed ryse, almost went bankrupt, had their best talent hired by RSI to work on star citizen and basicly focused on engine development instead of games.
which is good in my opinion, since their engine has lots of potential while their games do not.

oh, is that why they almost went bankrupt, couldnt pay wages for months and lost most of their core engine team to RSI?
they fucked up big time, multiple times. their engine may be profitable, but that doesnt matter when you loose millions on the shitty games you make.

It is a sad world that I don't doubt this being a possibility, but I need to read this for myself. Do you have a source?

I still cant believe its dead much like MechWarrior Legend.

Why cant multiplayer games be fun anymore?

Cause no fun is allowed anymore.

What was Crytek even thinking

WE WANT THE CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE

It hurts
Its getting so bad that Im honestly thinking of giving Tripjew my money.

heres your hipster upvote

Sure sounds something a Call of Duty/Battlememe normalfag would say if you shat on their shit game.

fps were always casual babby games for faggots with 0 attention span.

I'm german and know that's not true.

Don't you have a world to be pushed out of, sandraker?

JUST YOU TRY IT SLOWPOKE

Go back to your casualshit game

clicking on bad guys has always been such a hard and imppresive skill to master until activision and halo RUINED it for everyone.
ugh all these gaming peripherals i bought are for nothing

>>>/reddit/

you turned video games into something they arent and opened the flood gates for normalfags to invade by giving them the idea that pushing buttons will impress people
its all your fault

pcgameshardware.de sucks their dicks to this day

Nice misinfo shitpost son, now go back to >>>/reddit/

you never even liked fps games, what you liked is all the free content thanks to the modding to satiate your minute attention span. otherwise you would have just gone back to playing with pogs

Kill self pls

as long as you know you have no one to blame but yourself were square

Only Game journos suck their dick. It's more incestuous than Gawker.
They also suck Chris Roberts dick, who accidentally saved Crytek from bankruptcy.

Mate here in Germany people complain since Crysis 1 days about games having shit graphics. I know my people, I have played games for ages now.

Go back to your shallow meme ridden shitty game already Overcuck.

Cannot find sources, however…

tsrewind.com/index.php/en/

Last update was just a couple weeks ago… it's still an active project.

i want you to apologize for destroying video games

No

well admitting it is a start

So how is Timesplitters rewind? Is Crytek going to send out C&Ds?

They dont own the IP, the devs held on to it and idnt let go like the based motherfuckers they are.
Never Ever

How about make the aliens good instead of bullshit enemies and design levels based around them?

Play on the hardest difficulty you pleb

There's hope to be had.

but user, to the aliens youre a bullshit enemy

farcry 2 was good

crysis was also good

Yup. One of the best moves in a game, I liked the aliens part more than the gooks

It had some nice mechanics, but the gunplay and the constant fucking around just fucks it up.
I mean, Im an autist who plays EDF and S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but this is just too much repetition which only gets different when you get a new weapon.

Is there a way to play the MP again ?

In your dreams

theres ur answer LOL

No, that was a portal to a ceph base on a Saturn moon. The time shift was a side effect of faster-than-light travel.

That pissed me off so much, holy shit, I didnt even care about the plot.
I just kept asking myself "wheres Nomad?"

Fucking EA kikes.

Wasted dubs.

Everything went wrong after Crysis Warhead, that was their last good game. Their bosses are absolute retards, selling out to EA was pretty much a dead giveaway that the party was over. Anything that gets bought by EA is a kiss of death guaranteed.

that was the biggest load of rambling, incoherent garbage i've bothered reading through in a long time
are you high on drugs or just mentally defective?

I think he's roleplay BJ from the newer Wolfenstein games. I recall him speaking the same way.

I care more about saying what I think is right than how it sounds.
Or correcting what is wrong or will lead to wrong.

The bit about being scared is wrong. Being scared is like affirming wrong things.

Being ignorant is wrong too. Acting entitled at the expense of others is wrong. Claiming things is wrong. Things should be with you by choice. Should look after them though, might not be able to choose when confronted by theives. Should give things the real assurance they can be solid and existant. Formed how they think right, instead of to suit.

Blakowitz (and Adam Sandler) as a role model(s) for jews is far better than propaganda urging them to caricatures and excuses for an artists lack of ability. Better people say to themselves they are everything good and make that true by continuing them to greater heights/story.

I think what you like may be what you are. Don't give in to what suggests you aren't. That includes opportunities to do things easier.

Your own identity should be an original character that you know best. You know what is optimal, if others get it right too good for them.

Being other peoples hero can't really be acted. Has to be genuine. Can be done by having a high opinion of them and wanting them to have great experiences. Not (entirely) with the aim of being seen well, but by life better, up to standard. A lot of movies, stories, music set a high standard, or the standard. The one where things are a part of story. About getting it done. The little bit of good vs the rest and it winning. No bad guys required, things always need to be better. They were, they are and that is how they be. Everything should be a wonder.

Personally I like the look of Val Kilmer in heat. I think he is the right thing.

You should always hold higher than yourself what you like. An infinity formed it.

But I like a lot of things. You should too.

Most reatrded person i ever saw posting on fullcuckchan

Congratulations

crysis and far cry 2 are the good games in the whole bunch. crysis 2/3 made no sense and were buggy as fuck. far cry 3/4 were "you are stronk chosen goy here is some tattoos"

Far Cry 2 was Ubisoft

still based of the same shit

Nigga, stop using drugs for a second and use the sludge between your ears to think before you post.

Crysis aleins were almost perfect.
Original, mysterious and made sense.
The aliens themselves are squishy, their battle machines are tough. As they should be.

Not gonna happen. Many of the old Free Radical have left the studio already, if not because of everything else, because of Homefront: The Revolution. Even in the game's credits is that being told. Except Graeme Norgate, I'm pretty sure. On that subject, tsmusicbox.com

FC2 was a good idea, but shit execution. Half the mechanics in the game were there to be pointless filler and slow progression down, the open world had no purpose since there was nothing to do in it other than to hunt down diamonds and wish death upon all console peasants because of the constantly respawning checkpoints.

I'd love a game with the premise of FC2 done right. Gaming hasn't had a premier nigger killing simulator in years.

Only the first Far Cry was Crytek. The rest of it is Ubisoft Montreal.