Overpriced hardware

What's the appeal of (((current-gen))) Consoles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg
youtu.be/A8P2CZg3sJQ?t=744
pcpartpicker.com/list/76N9cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the appeal of (((current-year))) video games?

Its a cool looking paperweight

The appeal is that they make the handhelds look better. After almost three fucking years, the only game worth playing on the PS4 that it didn't steal from the Vita's library is Bloodborne. Seeing as how some retailers are selling Vita TVs for $20, there's really no reason to bother with a PS4 yet, and at this rate, there never will be.

current gen consoles are for retarded normalfags only

well, its kind of neat that you can play console games online these days, not counting emulation of course. thats about it.

Nice console war thread

Everyday I ask my self, "is the bait getting better or are the posters getting dumber?"
Then I realize it doesn't matter, because the quality of the board goes to shit either way.

(((What's))) ((((the appeal))) (((of))) (((shitposting)))(((?)))

But with the exception of the last one, all of these apply to the PC as well.

Enjoy your iPhone

That's the point.

So the point of this thread is that OP is physically unable to stop fellating penises?

The point is that several of the previous advantages of a console over PC are gone.

>tfw a friend at work was trying to convince me to play Borderlands with him by using the argument, "the XBox One is only 280 dollars now."

You mean all
Plus tax

They're a lot easier to use. And cheaper than a proper gaming rig.

none

Just giving him room for the "they're compact" argument in case he decided to activate a little more of his brain.

The Wii U has Virtual Console that plays 64 Rareware games decently. That's pretty much it.

What's the appeal of video games?

Kek does not favor you today.

even wii/u n64 vc isnt perfect

Brand loyalty and brain problems.

Pluging in a power cord in is installation now?
Who would have guessed.
All gas yourselfves. I aproximate the adverage age to be >1 but

>he says >1 but

Tell that to my PS3's bluray drive.
However that shit is holding back gaming making them bloated and have shit textures as developers target the lowest target.

That's the dorkiest post I've seen all day.
D O R K

Game installation, user.
Outside of the Wii U, you need to install games whether or not you have the disk.

>All gas yourselfves. I aproximate the adverage age to be >1 but

What's the appeal of living?

Your Waifu,
She needs you to live and enjoy every day that you have on this planet.

You seriously underestimate how bad normalfags are at using computers.

Quit your bitching. PC fags don't realize that their hardware is overpriced, installation is required, patches are required and you pay for internet which is technically a paywall in of itself.

There is no fucking difference.

Shes not real, stop fooling yourself

That was OP's point in the first place.
If consoles are effectively indistinguishable from PC, why do they exist separately from PC?
"muh controllers" isn't even an argument anymore since outside of the wiiu you can just plug them into your PC anyway.

What?

Doesn't mean she's not real in my heart

lol

Shes not real user
Neither is the correlation of heart and sexual/partnership attraction

Why are you replying to me?

Ease of use is only good if it does not limit what you can do.

Because when I put a game disc into a console I know its just gonna work without any problems.

Case in point: I had problems getting Oblivion to run on my friend's gaming PC with Windows 10 on it. He had more than enough of a powerful PC to run it at max but for some reason it couldn't even get past the character creation. I even put it on lowest and got a maximum of 2 fps. I tried everything in the book to make it work and it just didn't want to. This happened with other titles such as CS:GO and Smite as well.

Factually untrue, at least with modern consoles.

You could try spending 2 minutes learning something about OS's and why 10 is shit.

True, I'll give you that, but you also don't get any of the countless benefits that comes with having control over your own OS.

Maybe if you opened your heart up she could come into yours.

Seeing as how current "consoles" are just prebuilt PCs with proprietary OS, that wouldn't change a thing.

Not anymore, they have all of the problems of PC gaming without the ability to fix any of them, with nothing to show for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg

Because all my friends are on xbox. What, don't tell me you don't have any friends?

op's just listing advantages that consoles used to have over pc, but no longer do.
And no shit you have pay for the internet, but at least you don't have to pay extra to play games online.

Back to school with you.

This is fucking stupid. I fucking hate this argument. It's like saying you need to buy a separate car to go off-roading and not use it to do stuff like errands and driving to work. I already HAVE A CAR; all I have to do is upgrade the fucking tires and it can do ALL THOSE THINGS!

The cost to upgrade a computer to handle modern games is less than the cost of a new console. You can't compare if to the price of a completely new computer, especially if you're going with the $5000 "preassembled" shit.

brb taking my 94' tempo mudding

So? My "car" can do all those things already without having to dump more money into the firepit.

I might as well just go back to 4chan at this point. That's full of shitposts and ran by kikes as well.

Please do if you can't discern what a console ware is.

How so? The main argument for consoles was that they were plug&play. Flip in a disk and you're good. Nowadays you have to install files on a limited HD and constantly download patches.

You can easily build a rig for 500bucks with better stats than a console.

Meanwhile xbone and PS4 are regularly sold at 200-300 bucks respectively.

Were you even here during 2014?
8th Gen has always been on this site and keeps getting flak, even the most die hard fans can see this.
Its not console wars if all of them are equally shit aside from the Wii U which is slighly less shit, but still shit

What is locked hardware and games locked to it?
Whens that the case for PC?
Crack and burn your DVDs instead of letting a Chinaman do it nigger.
Is it cheaper than free?

Shit, I need some sleep

The interface can still be argued as easier to use. You put in the disk and it tells you to press A/X and do nothing for 2-15 minutes. Maybe change a disk. They're approaching having no advantages over PCs, but their interface is still idiot-proofed.

All me.

Most people's brains unconsciously equate computers with work. I know I can't sit down at a computer while I'm home for long anymore because I spend most of my day in front of one. Not everyone, but most.

It's hard for NEETs to understand I know. Either you can actually show some empathy or you can continue your time-wasting conceit of bitching about other people's preferences. We all know which is more likely. Regardless, this is a shit thread that really isn't video games.

Diddy Kong Racing Never Ever

-with no games and controllers that cost over $60.

Enjoy being spoiled by the Chinks Persona shitter

This is your answer user.

Normalfags are bad with computers and hire other people to do computer related shit for them regularly.

It's why the IT industry (as shit as it is) exists. It's why Iphones are popular, it's why PC's are all Windows or Macs, it's why people buy tablets or laptops.

There's no "better reason" they're sold these things and buy these things because they're sold on the idea of cheap, near-instant entertainment and no matter the reality of the situation, these faggots won't stop buying this shit until they're told, shown, and given a better alternative.

Let alone the ability to turn OFF parts of the OS manually, as well as the ability to configure anything more "Advanced" than basic network settings.

Modern consoles are truly the toys of children and the mentally retarded.

That argument may have worked all the way back in the fucking 90s, but considering
That argument just doesn't hold up anymore. Even with the more widespread use of computers in workplaces, it's still become the minority use for personal computing.

Good. Better there be a causal filter than to let every idiot in. The Internet demonstrates exactly what happens when you let any moron who can use a mouse on.

Can you honestly tell me that users of most of those can be considered people?

Children and the mentally deranged don't really count in my opinion.

Don't get me started on the userbase of Steam. If those aren't mostly children, then I might need a reality check.

I'm not even sure what this sentence means, but okay thank you.

Because 90% of PC games are just console ports so I might as well just play them on the platform they where designed for.

My PC is reserved for exclusives.

This. Also the internet = paywall argument fails because to play online with consoles you also have to pay for internet in the first place, along with paying for whatever gay console-specific multiplayer service you will need.

Like someone has mentioned, the only good thing about current consoles is that they will steer attention towards handhelds.

Nigger, the video I showed you had Sonyponies downvoting a CrowbCat video beacuse he dared to show how fucking shit the PS4 was at launch even with no games besides Knack to play.
Keep shitposting though

Pic related, also performance and mods

I think you're making the mistake of thinking I was invested in a pro-console argument. I'm not.

I think I should really just cut to the chase because reading between the lines is not a thing here. I tried to give my perspective but really I'll get right to it:

Some people just don't want to play games on PC. It's as simple as that.

You'll always have people that prefer something else, regardless of how superior you think yours is. Some people like shit like MTV's nonsense tripe. Some people like the annual capeshit flicks.

Why let it bother you if you can't change it?

The only thing you can do is cry about it all day on the internet. You could be spending this time doing anything else.

What video? I never watch videos.

Fine, have your little hugbox nigger.

PUT IN DISK AND IT WORK!

I think I should really just cut to the chase because reading between the lines is not a thing here. I tried to give my perspective but really I'll get right to it:
Some people just don't want to play games on PC. It's as simple as that.
You'll always have people that prefer something else, regardless of how superior you think yours is. Some people like shit like MTV's nonsense tripe. Some people like the annual capeshit flicks.
Why let it bother you if you can't change it?
The only thing you can do is cry about it all day on the internet. You could be spending this time doing anything else.
Besides not believing in meme magic, Kek and being giving up on the quality of your hobby you format like a fucking redditor.
Go back there for good

Coming from the nigger that can't even quote. Please. Keep crying about other people having fun doing other things.

Wow it's like I'm really reading a child's post. Bravo.

Thanks Codemonkey
But they're not you weeaboo shit crease
>>>/Reddit/

Exclusives and only that, I don't care about the hardware because it will always be inferior to an affordable PC.

what's the matter, (((rabbi)))

I fucking lost it. Thanks for the laughs user.

All this talk about not wanting to "give up on the quality" of our hobby yet you shit up Holla Forums with these utterly garbage posts. Keep it up babe.

You're still here?
Go back to >>>/reddit/ with your shit taste
People like you are the reason most of the entertainmment today is fucking garbage.

5 years ago, this was a joke worthy of chuckling at.

She looks like she was giving someone the suck then they pulled out without saying anything, zipped up their pants walked away and left her with that expression on her face

go back to Holla Forums faggot

Jesus christ now I can finally assure myself that this place is as shit as 4/v/

How did consolefags let this happen?

And the son of man replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this reality, 'My waifu is real,' and she will be real. Nothing will be impossible for you." ~ Matthew 17:20

lol nothing you can do

In a better state than Project64 for most things, last I checked.

>>>/out/

youtu.be/A8P2CZg3sJQ?t=744

That's the only appeal I can figure. With last gen, it used to be games that didn't exist on other systems and that you could buy a game an immediately play it, as well.

That's not even the point of real savings. The real savings is in component specific repair. If any part of my PC fries, I can replace that component. If any part of a console breaks, you're pretty much fucked if it's not the optical drive.

It's not that I can spend $600 building a decent PC from the ground up, vs. a $400 PS4pro. It's that, if my ram fails, I can buy a few more sticks and toss them in. If the ram fails on the PS4pro, you have to buy a whole new system - case, optical media, mobo, cpu, psu, graphics card, controller, HDD, cooling/heatsink/fans, cables, etc.

You're just one out-of-warranty failure away from a price difference of $650 (PC) vs. $800 (PS4p).

I put the disk in and it just works.

Not if you bought a $600 laptop because a console doesn't have the dual function as a pc.
pcpartpicker.com/list/76N9cc
Also just to prove you wrong I slapped together a $450
This build will be able to game at 1080p medium-high 60fps, or so I think. It's still 50 dollars more than the pisspoor 4 but you gotta remember that it also has the functionality of a home desktop.

I think you can install steamos or whatever, you can get windows for $20 if you trade.

Oh, and you can just use your tv and your controller you got from your poor purchase.
You can get a m+kb for $20-40 dollars if you're that poor

I don't understand the appeal of non handheld devices

It blows my mind console fags want to argue in this day and age wither or not consoles have superior hardware for the price

um…Its literally a fucking AMD Jaguar based APU you dumb fucks. You can get a computer from Staples with superior hardware, and you're paying 400 bucks for this shit
smh tbh fam

There is one good side to consoles though; consoles are so fucking weak they hold gaming back so us PCBros can make our rigs stretch longer. I think I'll still have my Skylake based laptop in 5 years easy, what can you say about your console?

What is 'appeal'?

Is that image from a game?

I KNEW Holla Forums WASN'T A FREE WEBSITE ALL THIS TIME!

Thanks Rakim

racing goyims.

Oy vey, how dare anyone say anything bad about those poor systems.

Both shit, only good first party racing game is Horizon

Best part is that they don't even read the thread to save themselves the embarrassment. It's been repeated several times already.
I feel like this type of thread makes a good litmus test. We need a purge.

Fuck you, Motorstorm rules, and the next installment will be non-exclusive since Evolution got bought by Codemasters.

I meant Motorsport
Motorstorm is as bad