Which is it Holla Forums

Which is it Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_of_reference
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A. Objects entering portals keep their momentum, since it has none the only force acting on it is gravity.

A thread you already posted.

You can really tell how far full/v/ has sunk when you see this shit thread turning up again.

For the 50th time. Is A
Now stop posting this thread

Neither, because you can't have a portal on a moving wall.

You suck a physics. It has momentum relative to the portal.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU CAME HERE FOR?

WHERE'S THE FUCKIN CAKE??????????

If the cube had no momentum and didn't move, then how does it fall out of the portal at all? Wouldn't it just form an infinitely thin layer of matter denser than a black hole on the boundary of the portal?

B
If it goes in fast, it goes out fast (or squashed, but that's not what we're seeing).

A.

Source: I wasn't schooled in burgerland

infinite vaginas

The answer hinges on whether or not the object gains any momentum from the portal or not. If the object must have already been reverberating at a high momentum in order for it to move at a high momentum through both portals, then the answer would be A, since the object is stationary before it was moved through the portal. If the object can acquire momentum from the initial portal that it moves through, then the answer would be B.

I don't know which would be more appropriate because Portal is a shit game that only casual faggots concern themselves with. I don't know how portals in that game operate, so I couldn't say.

A FAGS BTFO

i was right
SPEEDY THINGS GO IN
SPEEDY THINGS COME OUT

I'm sorry to hear that you think that.

this is bigger than the gawker thing

That's not portal.

There ya go
>halfchan webm

too bad your poor understanding of portals means you cant get rid of all the muslims in your house

w-what?

I haven't listened to one single Physics lesson in my life but I think this guy is right

It has no momentum relative to the environment surrounding it.

so jelis XD XD

Let me give you an example.

and

Would you say the result would be any different?
**Because it isn't, you'd end up with the same wound.
That's basic physics: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_of_reference **

It's a fucking portal, not a physical object.

sorry but my small mind can't believe this.wouldn't the injury be more significant in the second case?

Why are you treating the portal like it's an object?
It's like walking through a open door.

In the second case you would require a lot more energy to move yourself at 1000kph than a bullet which would probably destroy you in the first place so yeah the wound would be massively different.

If you're arguing that the cube is stationary when it gets passed through the portal then you are also arguing that each of the individual particles of the cube is stationary when being passed through the portal.

That would mean that any individual particle that exits the blue portal is going to get pushed out by the particles that exits the blue portal afterwards because by your own argument they were all stationary and therefore would be in the position to be pushed out. So that would mean B is correct since the speed at which they get pushed out is proportional to the speed that the orange portal was moving.

Unless you want to argue that the cube gets flattened, either way claiming A to be the correct answer is retarded.

The engine would do A because it can't properly handle moving portals.

Realistically it would be B. has the logic.

Because the portal is an object. Its not just an empty doorway, its moving the space that exists on the other end with it, in a way.

A

u mad?

NEVER EVER

Yes I am, do you have any god damn idea how infuriating hearing people spout the same retarded arguments over and over is?

These threads have more retarded bullshit being spouted in them than the entirety of tumblr combined.

/thread

The amount of shitposting lately has seemingly tripled. What's up with that? Is it just me or what?

Shit example, the panel bounces off the cube

Its because MSM namedropped this place because of the Clinton speech.

How do you know that? Was that explained in the game's lore somewhere or something?
I've never really read into Portal.

that's dumb though.

Different engine

Are you a retard? Portal didn't invent physics, it just plays with them.

user, a portal is literally a hole.

There is nothing in the fucking hole, therefore there is no physical presence inside the portal.

He is asking if there is a autistic reason within the lore of the Portal series that they have such a physical presence.

Portal's aren't real. The question has no answer. Fuck off.

Physicist here:
The answer is neither because portals are impossible

Mathematician here.
It is not specified how portal works so all answers are correct and depends on how portal works.

What do you call people who can't or don't want to engage in the hypothetical?

See
From what I understand of the current theory for wormholes, it involves pulling an area of space closer to you, then you can just pass through the much shorter distance. There is no object to speak of.

/thread
If OP actually bothered to play a vidya for once we would know this.

Negative, it's just a wormhole bridging two points in space with an infinitely small distance. Exactly like a doorway.
For reference, imagine if the panel with the portal stopped once the cube is halfway through it. Does it somehow magically suck in the cube? No, because the cube retains it's velocity. If the cube gained velocity when passing through a portal, you would be able to throw a cube through a vertical portal, have it exit through another vertical portal opposite to it, and it'd just start gaining horizontal velocity infinitely as each pass through the portal would cause the exiting end to gain velocity. Objects passing through portals retain purely their own local velocity, never relative to portals as portals do not have velocity, because they do not have mass or force or anything because they're literal nothingness.

wait what
stop.

Lawyer here.
The answer depends on how much you pay me.

The only true answer

faggot here: the real question is "how many can i fit in my ass?"

A, of course. It had no actual momentum of its own. Stop huffing glue.

Stop making this fucking thread you triple nigger.

Noice

This. Imagine it's a stack of coins instead of a cube. When the top one exits, it's being pushed forward at great speed by the ones below it. It wont suddenly lose that speed just because it's no longer being pushed.

HOLY FUCK THIS SHIT IS SO FUCKING OLD WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU POST THIS ANCIENT ANCIENT ANCIENT TEMPLATE THREAD JESUS FUCK

BECAUSE IT NEVER FAILS

shit poster here. the real answer is to play both sides and get everyone angry

Also, take your jew magic relativity bullshit to fucking hell where you belong, Kike.

B pretty obviously. But it would depend how quickly the top thing was coming down.

It never fails to show how stupid we all are.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL RESPONDING TO THIS THERE IS NO WAY THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN SAY ABOUT THIS PICTURE THAT HAS NOT BEEN SAID BEFORE YOU ARE ALL JUST REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES LIKE A BROKEN RECORD OH GOD YOU ARE ALL JUST COGS I NTEH JEW MACHINE AREN'T YOU WHY WOULD YOU FALL FOR IT AM I EVEN REAL HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE WHY DON'T YOU STOP WHY DON'T YOU STOP HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE WHY ISN'T WHY HASN'T THIS THREAD BEEN DELETED YET WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MODS ARE THERE EVEN MODS IS THIS REAL LIFE OR ARE YOU ALL JUST PIECES OF MY IMAGINATION INSIDE MY HEAD ALL JUST LITTLE NEURONS AND SPARKS INSIDE MY HEAD DO I EVEN HAVE A HEAD WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO ARGUE ABOUT THE SAME RETARDED PORTAL PICTURE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHY WHY WHY THE CAKE IS A LIE XD LOL MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME HEHEH LE SIGH ARROW TO THE KNEE TODD FOWARD IS A LIER LOL XD WHY WONT YOU DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIED IE DIEDI EDIIEDIED IE DIE DIE DIEID EI D IE DIE E I

Sounds like your butt is a little tingly

user you need to realign your QPUs

Drawfag here. I can't into science.

It's A. The only momentum the cube would gain at all is from gravitational pull once it pops out on a slope.

The fact that people still argue this shows how many fucking retards there are on here.

The momentum it has is relative to the exit portal. It has to exit at the same speed it enters the portal, regardless of whether the cube is moving or the portal is.

A, because women don't exist.

It has zero speed when it enters the portal, ergo it has no momentum upon exit.

It's obviously entering the portal at some speed or it wouldn't be entering.

It's not that the cube is entering the portal so much as the portal is moving past it.

Imagine if you could seamlessly move a door in your house, and you dragged it "over" a stable object.

Right but that means it has to be exiting the other portal at the same rate, since that portal is fixed.

My understanding of physics may be flawed, but I don't understand why the portal moving at a fixed rate would impart any momentum onto the cube. Since there is no physical contact that transfers said momentum, should it not remain at rest? (until gravity sets in anyway)

Because the cube would be exiting at some pace while the portal was sliding across it. Once it's entirely through, would it just stop moving? (And yeah fuck gravity.)

You logic is sound

What the hell are you even trying to say?

sums up my experience with girls am i right fellas?