Persona 5: Countdown To JPN Release

JPN versions of the game are starting to ship out from Japan now, spoilers are already being spread by the Taiwanese who have gotten quicker copies and have apparently uploaded the OST to Mega. So lets have one last thread before release and all us Westerners get our copies and have to leave the internet for a month.

Also full version of one of the battle themes: youtube.com/watch?v=xRoUlXu2qKY

Other urls found in this thread:

www51.zippyshare.com/v/wNJb5svy/file.html
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Satanael
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a preview of Holla Forums opinion:

IT'S SHIT

HERE'S SOME SPOILERS

LEL SALT MINEEEE XD

I wonder what shitty two dimensional archetypes for characters they're going to use this time.

where the OST?

After Persona 4 it would still look good in comparison.

Its shit

probably, but even so. I just hope the game isn't complete shit. Guess we should summon the Nipponese posters.

This should bring em

Found this on halfchan thread www51.zippyshare.com/v/wNJb5svy/file.html
Not sure if its real though.

Nah, that's western games, which are shit and should be spoilered.

Odds are this will wind up either really good or merely disappointing, with a few old faggots wishing it were just another oldschool SMT.

Its going to be shit and Atlus fans will lap it up due to quirky antics and waifus.

Well thats where I fucking found it. There are rarely ever SMT threads here so I usually only go there for those and have to mass filter redditors and memespouting idiots.

user, did you know that you can create your own threads?

kek Atlus asking people to refrain from spoiling the game.

user, I promised a long time ago that I would shit on P5 no matter what. It's just something that must be done.

And I do, but nobody else ever makes them or it gets deathly slow or dies after the first 50 replies.

Keep waiting for that Devil Summoner sequel, user.

just create your own threads nigga

that ain't gonna end well

Just bump your own thread occasionaly, you want the discussion without the effort nigga.
I'll give you an example, I've created an EDF thread over 8 days ago, and it's still alive and occasionaly has some discussion because I take care of bump it once a day.

wrll then post something interesting faget

Never ever.

Why?
Atlus cant develop good games anymore, they just publish them.

I do bump, not overly much, but it rarely ever works.

Maybe there simply isn't much to discuss about SMT then?
I mean, we haven't gotten a good SMT game in what, 8 years now?More?

shame smaller threads don't really gain traction. they're by no means dead, but at the same time I do wish the board had more autists that are into smaller niche games like most of Holla Forums. Anyway this isn't the place to discuss it, so I'll just blame everything on Josh and HW and look forward to the future with my head held high.

true, but SMT IV comes out in a few weeks so here's hoping it gains some more SMT discussion here.

Seems legit.

NO MARIE NO BUY

I'm not here for judgement. I'm just here because I'm not stupid and figure with a 5 month release gap I might as well just dive head first into spoilers. I know there are people who've gotten copies early out there, so where's the spoilers already, Holla Forums?

up your ass

Nigger are you even trying?

is adachi the killer?

Persona isn't even a good series though…

Really?
Because there's been a thread about that (i think it's still on the catalog) and the entire thread was "this game is gonna be shit".

Holla Forums aim was to crush SMT and persona discussion entirely, i'd say they pretty much won at this point, it's impossible to discuss both series on the board and you pretty much have to reach out for /vg/, same as all the other series that have been destroyed here.

I wonder what will be left in a couple of years on Holla Forums in terms of discussion.
Like dorf fort, a couple of grand strategy games, that will be pretty much it.

You can discuss any game on Holla Forums you just have to disguise it as a thread dedicated to bashing it.

I would be fine with that if they took out the stupid relationship mechanic and just used Social Links for building bonds among your overall party. It doesn't fit the tone of the game anyways.

Well let's go down the list why don't we:
Ryuji - Punk kid who bleached his hair, how original. It's almost like they already did that but better in the last game.
Yusuke - Artist with a secret violent sociopath side to him. Yawn
Futaba - Shut in 1337 h4x0r who shit posts on imageboards all day yet has the figure of someone with good diet and exercise. That's 3/3 right there.
Haru - Offspring of rich corporate asshole with a strong desire for adventure. She's also the gotta-bind-my-big-tits character.
Makoto - Plays herself up like a goody two-shoes to hide her secret dark side.
Anne - Foreign cutie who hates the way everyone looks down on her because she's an outsider. As the foreigner this also means she's the most comfortable with her sexuality as she's the only one wearing a traditional bikini in the beach scene.
Goro - Guy who starts off as your adversary only to become your friend once her finds out what's going on and how the truth is you're the good guys.

The OST is pretty great so far, although its missing stuff like the boss track so I think the zip file is incomplete.
Will Power, Life Will Change and Desire (Lust) are my favorites so far.

Reminder that you're not getting the xmas cake…again.

Anyone got any links for the ost?

20th anniversary OST www51.zippyshare.com/v/wNJb5svy/file.html

Persona 4's gameplay was combat so easy that you never had to use any strategy.

Why is every JRPG like this? Can't they at least make it so it takes some kind of effort to kill a badguy? Whats worse is you need to endure screen transitions and then transition back which destroys the pace.

The only people who still play JRPGs are weebs that are obsessed with Japanese culture.

Anne isn't foreign she's a halfie and pure according to the voice actor interview
Nana Mizuki (Ann Takamaki)

by her looks you may think that she’s gorgeous, fashionable and girlish..etc. but she’s totally different on the inside. she’s really a pure, nice girl. and she’s very thoughtful for her friends. her heart is very strong and she has a sense of justice. although she looks very sexy, what i think is that she’s the type of girl who radiates her charm in a healthy way. even people of the same sex would be attracted by her. i really had fun doing her lines. the part when she’s in her swimwear and the guys gets shy is esp. fun.

-

Sugita Tomokazu (Yusuke Kitagawa)

he looks pale and weak but he’s actually pretty tall, he’s the tallest among all the main character. the more you get to know him, the more you would change your impressions on him. yusuke has a very strong persistence regarding his way of life, so it gets more and more painful for him, that’s what i think while reading his lines. like he’s just trying his best to live his life. his charm is probably that you’re able to see many different faces of him. please look forward to see his parts in the game.

Nana does not will it.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

NO DANTE NO BUY

The characters are awful and so are the personas. Who the fuck thought this Lupin shit would be a good idea?

Who would want that stale cake anyway?

Persona Q:2 wen

(checked)
If you hadn't seen the picture before, you'd think that these two halves were from different characters.

Only if you were a fucking retard.

Especially if it did all the casts. I want muh Maya back, damnit.

user, I don't know if you played Q at all, but it was an atrocious portrayal of already bad/mediocre characters. Imagine what would happen with decent characters.

Everyone would cast Tentarafoo every turn?

How do you figure? The two halves share a color palette

Would you guys want another SMT side story(not persona) with PS2 tier graphics that added on to the SMT mythos? Where would you want it to even take place, or what religion to be based on?
I would kind of want to see more after apocalypse/creation of a new universe stuff like SMT3 and be a part of an angel crew trying to hunt down aleph each reincarnation. Or be part of a cult gang trying to get turff before apocalyse or during creation.
If they do another side story with persona I would like to see it done in the Innocent sin universe were earth is scorched.

wrong pic

After Danganronpa Q

Press F to pay respects

After playing DDS and Strange Journey, these nu persona games (post 2) seem like fucking anime garbage.

lol P1 had a really anime ending with the power of friendship healing Maki's terminal illness.

That is because they are.

And Persona 2 had an extra anime ending where you use the power of Hitler to heal Earth's terminal Jewry!

Where's the exit wound? If he put it to his right temple where's the hole on his left side? Is this fake? Seems like a fairly glaring oversight

This is what tumblr cucks actually want

DAT FUKN SALT MONICA

DAS RYT DAS RYT

ah, tumblr

game soundtrack rip was leaked awhile ago

mega:///#!iQ820YzB!I2GL_TiExLsjuS3FFMyLR6RdcQtNENgNEAMe69uj3cI

73 best track

mega:///#!qU9yhSyL!AxRmrrR4n69p6U-4CydKCQzBi-yniMS9GkH6WSW2pJU

2nd part, though they aren't listed with official names.

I want my demon recruiting and killing my friends back.

Does /v even play videogames? And Persona is still a niché 90 hour JRPG.

Good. And JRPGs were never mainstream except for Final Fantasy. Everyone else can just play Western triple A trash.

Good. And JRPGs were never mainstream except for Final Fantasy. Everyone else can just play Western triple A trash.

chie best

why do they wear the masks?

And the MC ultimate Persona is revealed
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Satanael

That doesn't sound too bad.

So when is it going to be revealed one of the girls gets Nemissa.

Eventually apparently Hashino said that the ultimate Personas won't be related to the base Personas

Well that much was obvious from the beginning. No way an Ultimate is based on shitty pop culture, that would mean the characters themselves are shallow as hell.

Im not complaining faggot, I like that you can pick who you fug, that shouldnt be the sole criteria why you should buy/like a game.

Are you some kind of Bioware nigger?

Demon recruitment is back though

even better yet

Time to leave