PcEngine/TurboGx16

So do any of you anons have any experience with the Pc Engine? I have a friend with one and a few games and he said I could have it, but I don't know if it is really picking up and investing in.

Other urls found in this thread:

neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?267175-Multiple-SNK-Dreamcast-games-for-sale-Op-60-40-is-a-Deuce_bag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get a Turbo Everdrive, and it's alright.

Without the Turbo CD/PC Engine CD, it's like, a third of a system, though. I just have a TG-16, a multitap, one controller, RF connector, and my Everdrive.

have you looked into the dbGrafx Booster? It allows composite out, which is not ideal but its far better than RF. I'd be interested in exploring a solution for RGB out. Perhaps the system may be best emulated, though.

Still, hard not to love what devs did for it. Some great soundtracks to be found.

Can't the Turbo Everdrive play CD game? I've never had one so I don't know for sure, but I remember hearing somewhere that it could.

I have an EE degree that is genuinely collecting dust on my desk, which has enabled me to pull the AV signals from the rear IO port, or from the board directly, but the two-edged sword part of this is that I know how much work is involved from start to finish, and am thus disinterested in doing it. The TurboBooster is the lazy man's fix for this, but people want a mint for them, so fuck that noise.

You just burn CD games to CDR and play them. No copy protection, as when the Turbo CD was new, NOBODY could make their own CDs.

No, because I'm not a fucking grandparent.

Like, seriously, go away.

Super Mario Runner general?

Even playing blind is considerably better. Also, wheres chart-user? Heard he was working on a chart

Still in the rtf stage. Saw anons these mentioned in the last thread if people want to add to or further refine it.

Are those just the CD games?

Maybe. I was just lurking in the last PC-Engine thread I saw and grabbed them as a starting point, since an user had said they were worthwhile, at least in his experiences with them. Again, feel free to add to them if you want; I'll make a distinction between CD and card format games if needed.

Off the top of my head:
Neutopia 1 and 2
The Bonk games
Legendary Axe 1 and 2
Star Soldier
Final Soldier
Soldier Blade
Ninja Spirit
Cadash
Alien Crush and Devil's Crush

Ah, a degree. Sorry to hear that. I've actually found a lot of success just doing research from home and practicing this sort of stuff on my own.

still no cotton fantastic night dreams?

Yup these are all PC-CD games. They're good tho. Lotsa shmups

Are you a hipster faggot? No? Then it's not worth picking up.

I just started on compiling stuff recently for it, hence why it's still fairly small. I'll add those, as well as .

Wow money well spent, Moron.

/vr/ here and while the PCE has a great library I have to say I pretty much never ever play my TG-16. I wouldn't turn down a free one but the majority of the best titles on the console are on CD which is not only an expensive peripheral to obtain for the TG-16 but is also fairly unreliable. It's far better to get a PC Engine Duo R but that'll run you $300 easy which is a damn site different from free. The Everdrive works on both consoles with a simple switch so in your particular situation I see no reason not to get the TG-16 from your friend, buy an Everdrive for it to sample the hucard library then if you find yourself enjoying it, go ahead and just import a Duo R and give the TG-16 back to your buddy or if you DON'T like it then give him the console back and the Everdrive too.

As far as the library goes, the console is essentially an amped up Famicom/NES much more so than the Super Famicom ever was. There are even a number of ports to it. Then its lifespan was significantly extended with the CD Rom drive and various arcade cards that came out to add additional performance to CD games which the Everdrive can also substitute for. It's actually quite a prolific system with a huge library of action games. If you haven't played Rondo… Well, play Rondo.

Point is a don't need a fucking pinout to recognize a video encoder and how their outputs tend to be the same order for chroma and luma. I just don't give enough of a fuck to add ports to something I play once a year when someone recommends a game I didn't already try.

See, when you are intimately familiar with some field of study, you tend not to want to do shit with it. THE LESS YOU KNOW, THE MORE INTERESTING SOMETHING IS.

shoulda seen the looks on my coworkers faces when I brought my BVM in and showed them sega saturn games running on it.

i heard of a mega link to all pc fx gems?

Here are two from the last thread.
#!d99hnIpb!nP8UfKFbLHJz3k5uXHazdaDf48WBYP5CE1K9CmiKGR0
#!upUkXCDL!jvxqWfzTIfFDneXjw6pgNOfD8QLxwJh9t-zf6bwi6xM

HueCard:
Bonk's Revenge
Soldier Blade

CD:
Rondo of Blood
Sapphire Densetsu

I can tell you that PCEFX is pozzed as fuck and Nightwolve is a pretty funny lolcow.

Also, demand for the physical games are so low that it's easy to pick up games for well below what the "Market rate" is, unless the game is incredibly rare like Magical Chase, or beyond shadowgate.

The Legend of Xanadu I & II are being translated, I'm sure by the end of this year / early 2017 the English patch will be out.

He really is almost Chris-tier. I still laugh every time I read that bit about Jeff Nussbaum he put in the readme that came with the Ys IV patch.

he was also sperging on a neo-geo forum duece happened to be on, among other things, he wrote a paragraph about how anti-semetic those DAMN DIRTY TROLLS were being. He spergs about it on the PCE forums too, but they have that shit on lockdown, also, like any other CURRENT YEAR forum, they take the perpetual victim's side.

neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?267175-Multiple-SNK-Dreamcast-games-for-sale-Op-60-40-is-a-Deuce_bag

I'm curious, is there enough to him that /cow/ might have an interest in the guy? Just a thought; can't recall if I've seen him brought up there or not.

Non-bumping post for off-topic.

Maybe, the dude's pretty easy to provoke, and he's spent at least a decade whining about something or other(he truly thinks everyone in his "it career" was out to take advantage of him, and duece is just the latest in a line of that..)

What's his main grip with XSEED anyhow, that they didn't make his fan-translation the official one?

If so, I remember hearing something about a group called DeJap trying to get Namco to do similar for the frankensteined GBA port of Tales of Phantasia, but of course Namco wasn't interested (no way was the ever infamous "fucks like a tiger" line going to happen in an official GBA script, and DeJap was kind of known for not being the most accurate anyhow), but I don't recall hearing that they threw a fit about it. Though of course, with DeJap being dead for about thirteen years now, that might be why.

After nightwolve's scam of selling an unfinished translation patch for 5+ dollars "donations" failed, (((Duece))) took his translation work to XSEED for the other versions of Oath of felghana, and they hired him. Now, Nightwolve believes that he somehow owns the script that he didn't actually work on, and that duece stole it from him and got handsomely paid for it(aka getting jewed, but that's too triggering), and xseed should have paid him for the work he did. Problem with that is, XSEED only just used the script, since they didn't program anything in, they just handed the script off to falcom who inserted it into the game themselves.

So Duece worked on the translation itself, not Nightwolve, and so Duece got paid since XSEED just needed the translation and not someone to code the insertion of the patch, since they could just take it right back to the original company that made the game for proper insertion and debugging?

I think /cow/ is already aware of him. He just hasn't done anything noteworthy recently.

Dude was harassing deuce's estranged sister trying to get her to apologize for what deuce had "done" to him., as if she had any part in that.

Blazing Lazers