Video Game Music

How is that the Megadrive/Genesis can have some games that have kick ass sound/tracks, then others that are fucking god awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-386122191/gley-lancer-stage-1
dubtrack.fm/join/8chanv-video-games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It depends if the sound programmer was capable or not.

This song kept me pumped up for the entire stage.

Is the catalog not bumping for anybody else?

yep, it's fucked

Glad I'm not the only one, I just downloaded Project Reality and this suddenly happened, I was scared I did something stupid

Holy shit plok was some serious shit

Could have been a worse thread to get stuck near the top.

max comph
a
x

c
o
m
p
h

This sounds like coming straight from an early 90's party

plok is pretty intense

I learned to like metal through this game.

what the hell man

You mean Sonic Adventure 2?

Considering how heavily promoted the Genesis' sound capabilities were, I would think that they'd try to capitalize on that more than anything else. Since even the cheapest headphones can get the full range of sound frequencies humans can pick up, audio hasn't been much of a big deal. It's similar to the graphical fidelity competition that has been happening for the past few years between Xbox and Playstation, but has been slowing down since we're soon to reach photo-realism, and now we're transitioning to the resolution race. I imagine that physics will be the next big thing companies will try to sell their hardware on.

AC3>All other AC

I'm sorry but
>

FUCK
wrong video

Overly harsh sounding, tons of treble. Great for rock and other high energy tunes. A bit rubbish for anything else.

I prefer the YM2612 Mega Man X covers over the originals

Gameplay is pretty fun one you learn the super bounce glitch. You know how fun F-Zero GX is once you learn all the cool glitches that let you go crazy fast? Well SA2 is basically the same with all the cool glitches that let you say "Fuck you" to how the levels are designed and go super fast.

My nigger

Earworm.

The Terminator game that never was (and instead it became something much cooler than any Terminator game).

a better question is why do so many dogshit games have okay soundtracks?
games like ==FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE== come to mind. insult to the RPG genre, but its soundtrack isn't horrible.

Test

Because it took actual skill to program music for its sound chip.

Because the Genesis isn't about samples, it's about synth, so you don't only have to know how to compose your music but also how to program.

A lot of the best sounding games also use custom sound drivers.

soundcloud.com/user-386122191/gley-lancer-stage-1

I wish we could embed soundcloud. Because I'm too lazy to make videos to upload on youtube but at the same time my autism goes in full force when I see uploads like what you embeded.

Listen to this for better sound

This channel has good quality uploads of retro soundtracks to embed.

No. He uses bad rips from emulators.

Why does my soundcloud upload sounds so much better than every youtube one I've heard? I'm also using an emulator (Regen)

Are they using fucking Gens or something?

Superior (and the original) version coming in.

The only thing sticker star did right was the music.

We need more music vidya games. Though they're extremely unpopular so I guess that'll never happen.

I can't help but like Jake Kaufman's music.

My contibution

Do you think the Genesis could actually play this?

Eh, close enough.

That one doesn't sound nearly as cool though

It's possible for carts to include extra processors and rom memory to add more sound channels.
One notable example was Japanese Castlevania III.

Lagrange Point also has an even better chip (the VRC7) which makes the game sound almost like a Genesis game.

Come to dubtrack you have fun time yeah, we got tonsa boi pussy to choose from

dubtrack.fm/join/8chanv-video-games

Games with eargasm soundtracks are a thing of the past user….thing of the past.

There are days when I feel my soul weep.

Is hard corps really considered a top difficult contra game? With a friend of mine we would play the game with maybe using 1 continue if we were dicking around with bosses.

it wasn't made specifically for a game but it still counts right? i sure hope this triggers memories of you driving your lowrider

I'd settle for fitting but most games nowadays also don't have a fitting soundtrack