Good ole days

Let's talk about some classic vidya
How many of you have honestly played something from pre-2010 this year?

2010 wasn't that long ago

9/11 happened in 2001 not 2010
You have to be 18 years to post on this board

diablo, Thief, Thief 2, divine divinity, EU3, STALKER, Gothic, Gothic 2… should I continue?

I know, most good video games happend pre-2010
i'm saying in general

Are you jesting?

any games were i can reenact good old 9/11?

Christ, fine, i'll kill myself

I keep trying new Sonic ROMhacks on my everdrive, just to realize none are suitable in a PAL format so can't really do fuck all without the music slow as shit.

Half Life 2 is now classic vidya I suppose.

Try something from pre-2000 this day, like the first Master of Orion one more time.

It's the CURRENT YEAR, you fucking shitlords. Everything older than 3 years is now a classic. That's right, Skyrim is a classic. Deal with it!

bait, but anyway
Now THAT'S some good ol days. Bring on the 1024x768 and give me more jaggies than a chaisaw belt.

I just got the second island in GTA3 a while ago, and I put System Shock 1 on hold.

With SS1 I really find it hard to get used to the fact that the mouse doesn't control the camera in the re-release by default, though I get that the control scheme is a product of it's time. I just wonder if playing the game with mouse control for the camera will "ruin" it or make it insanely easy.

I was playing Way of the Samurai 3 around a month ago, was pretty good but the pacing kinda sucks.

I played Star Control 2, I love it.

It's giving me a lot of New Vegas feels, where you just play for a while, and then you might get in a very long dialogue tree with someone.
I love shit like that, especially if whoever made the game just nails the setting perfectly.

Played DOOM this year, like every year.

whoa, so hardcore bro
did video games even exist pre-2010?

Umm, DOOM came out this year, fam.

whelp

rolling

This year is 1993.

I wish

I played through MDK a week ago

Are there more classic action games with smooth and responsive controls and hectic battles?

Heh, I get it

I played around a bit with Baldur's Gate I and 1996 Tomb Raider.

I've made a guide for something pre 2010, beat that.

I'm currently playing for the first time chrono trigger.

This is off topic but I really want to play a game where the main character plays like the Senator Armstrong fight.
Basically a big ass dude in a suit kicking ass with his incredibly strength, fists and wrestling/football tackle moves. I want to be the bigger guy in DMC.

Is Holla Forums getting even more retarded or is this some fresh new bait?

I've been playing through all the old city builders from Impression Games. Pharaoh, Zeus and the like.

like the Senator Armstrong fight.
PEPE SMASH
hulk games maybe?

Pretty much all I play anymore is old beat em' ups and Doom clones.

This is a white nationalist symbol.

You want The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, it's a real good game

There are people posting on Holla Forums right now who consider Oblivion an old-school classic.

The only post 2010 games I played this year are AM2R and Axiom Verge, also pre 2010 isn't "classic" try before 2000

Im playing pokemon blaze black

I bet you don't even know Asuka 120% Burning Fest., do you? Rakugaki Showtime? Okay, I'll give you an easy one: Ridge Racer: Type 4?

Get out of here, OP. I bet you haven't even played a pre-2010 game this year.

The only post-2010 games I've played this year are Trails in the Sky 1st & 2nd chapter and Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, and those are all remakes/re-releases of pre-2010 games.

how drol

d-drol?

learn english kthxbai

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, STALKER clear sky, Death to spies, Death to spies moment of truth

why are autists such hipsters?

Is it a good game?

He's saying shit like Skyrim, FO3 or Deadspace should be considered "classic"

you have dropped one L, amirite?

Completely unrelated to this thread, anyone has all the greentext stories about North? I am missing a few.

I recently played Startopia, it feels good playing on the hardest settings in Sandbox and still blasting the other factions out of the station.

Remember, it goes CT->Xenogears->Chrono Cross.

Otherwise Chrono Cross doesn't make fucking sense.

Playing Counter Strike Source, still one of my favorite games because of the custom modes like Zombie Escape and Bunny Hopping. Zombie Escape with 63 other players is fucking magical, fighting a huge boss and hearing the roar of the m249.

what exactly are you even referring to there

AWAY WITH THEE, BEAST

also I've been using RetroArch to play a bunch of old vidya; I have SaGa Frontier open right now, great shit

I played KotOR 2 and just started Bloodlines and Trails in the Sky.

Going through my first run of Deus Ex recently. Just more proof that it's the games that changed and not me, because I'm enjoying this the same way I enjoyed System Shock 2 all those years ago. I just touched down in Paris and I'm really getting the hang of the stealth now. I've got a few more games queued up for when I'm finally burned out, like the Stalker games, System Shock 1, a bunch of Doom mods, Grim Dawn [not old but still looks great]

We have Call of Chernobyl now. Try it too.