I'm going to edit the Hobbit. J.R.R...

I'm going to edit the Hobbit. J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit (Maple Films Edit) - DEC 2015 Final 4 hour 7 minute version will be the source. How much should I attempt to edit it down to what kind of runtime? 4 hours is too long. I'm thinking 2 and a half to 3 ten. Can we make a good hobbit movie Holla Forums? Can we?

maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit
maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/11HjgxGR7aUoUN-AEfJo1NJZdNjnLZJp6/view
hooktube.com/watch?v=D4O-jmlgWPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Correction it's 4 hours 20 min with credits

I've been waiting to see that stupid fucking barrel scene edited out.

This edit already edited out the retarded go pro shot(s) but still has some of the barrels, idk how I would chop it up as little as possible but I will try.

All of these must go, completely.

cut out all romance shit

They go into the barrels in the book and you have to show that? But the barrel ride is fucking terrible i agree, although the reason this guy left in a bit is because Kili takes and arrow to the knee and this is shown later on again and again….so we cut it all?

Yea im down with cutting all of legolas besides the one shot of bilbo sneaking behind him. And all of kate from lost

Okay

They go into the barrels in the book and you have to show that? But the barrel ride is fucking terrible i agree, although the reason this guy left in a bit is because Kili takes and arrow to the knee and this is shown later on again and again….so we cut it all?

Yea im down with cutting all of legolas besides the one shot of bilbo sneaking behind him. And all of kate from lost

Okay

If someone want's to make a Holla Forums title card with a fan edit disclaimer over black I might add it to the beginning

trying is the first step toward failure

Is the arkenstone a jew diamond?

I just mean the super fun happy time barrel rapids.

It's coming along well. Cutting out the extra crap really makes it feel infinitely better

Where's our film?

I'm rendering it now. I'll google drive it and then try to mega it too maybe after.

NOICE
How long is it? I never watched the third one tbh.

It's 4 hours but I think it does it justice. Theres a 3 min intermission with a song from shore playing

I've been wanting to watch the hobbit before I marathon LOTR again, but I cannot for the life of me justify buying the boxset for 60 bucks

note: I got the bluray set of lotr for like 25 bucks, so keep that in mind. double the quality, half the price

Good thread. Havent watched lotr in awhile.

Don't buy them until they actually retransfer them properly in 4k

you want to the piss disgusting CGI in 4k why?
I can't see any reason to buy 4k anyway unless you want to see your waifu's arm hairs or something

you better be including all the extended stuff from the books like beorn and the forest. If not, this whole thing is pointless.

Beorn and Mirkwood are in it yea

The bluray prints aren't that good. fellowship and two towers coudl look so much better

probably, but then the moments of CGI would become even more noticable.
unless you're referring to the green tint color grading, which is shameful, but honestly it's only really noticable in the snowy scene.

I'm talking about the extended footage where gandalf introduces the dwarves to beorn, and the extra stuff that happens in mirkwood like bombur falling into the river

The beorn bit dragged so no fuck that shit but he is actually included in the end where he comes and fucks shit up in the battle which is very important and only in the extended.

the reason why fan edits always suck, unless they're the ones that add in deleted scenes

This adds deleted stuff just took that extra boern out there

literally removing book accurate material

willnotwatch/10

Uploading to googledrive, when it's done processing I'll drop the link in here. Likely sometime tomorrow.

Okay fam

Kino incoming, bump in the meantime.

Sweeeeeeeet

drive.google.com/file/d/11HjgxGR7aUoUN-AEfJo1NJZdNjnLZJp6/view

Pure kino.

Edit out Steven Fry please

Do it like the cartoon.

👍👍
You're the best!

bump

introducing the hobbits again is just pointless film wise

geez, you're a fucking faggot

it's a shit scene

So did anyone like the edit? There's a couple spots that could have been smoother but overall I think its pretty good

you have shit taste

thank you for working to make OC too many of us are on the content dole and are the niggers of the internet not contributing much.

Thanks

Just use the cartoon

cant you just cut kili out

Shit it's gonna take me like a year to download this.

requesting that you edit in this as an overlay every time the arkstone is shown
hooktube.com/watch?v=D4O-jmlgWPI

Very nice opening title lad, thanks for delivering.

You're welcome