3DS CFW+Homebrew Thread

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/VFMUydUb
archive.fo/889BD
r4infinity.com/
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history
gbatemp.net/threads/11-1-0-34-firmware-update-out.441519/
inticreates.com/gibril-asroc-gv2-updates/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
don't
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.3.1
sendspace.com/file/q132o6
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
3dbrew.org
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.1.0-34
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/page-109#post-6675032
nhentai.net/g/167315/
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUyDzH1wjhBKhZbee9epsQ1yt7WYG76iJURj6QpTphxtG
darkflare.epizy.com/tickets/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues
discord.gg/sUR9u
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
BootNTR for 11.0: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/VFMUydUb
Last Thread: archive.fo/889BD

How's the progress on DS loading?

Multiplayer anyone?

still not there yet, been pretty quiet since nitrohax came out.

I have a problem with a flashcart. r4infinity.com/
I had this piece of shit knock off for a year it's my brother's, then it suddenly stopped working on his DSi, but I can still launch it in my 3DS. I'm guessing it have to do with a firmware update, but the latest update I find on the page is even older than the version the flashcard currently have. Any ideas? I have the dual core, btw.

slow

Sure, hit me up on Steam. We can play some EDF

About to do a clean installation on Luma3DS. before I do that, however, I gotta get my NNID credentials. Is it safe to update to the latest firmware with rxTools?

you should be able to.

How many days before release do games usually leak? I want muh SMT.

I've got an o3DS, what can be emulated on it reasonably well? Also, is there any point in doing so if I have a PSP too?

depends on the game. Stuff like pokemon or kirby will come out the day of, or have cart converts leaked a week or two before release (planet robobot), but other stuff can take a few hours to a few days. Titlekeys usually take a little longer but are technically better cias, though it doesn't make a huge difference.

NES, GB/GBC, GBA works for VC but normal emulators not so well. Blarg/Snes9x are pretty good on O3DS I think.

Autopatching and DLC download make it far more convenient though.

Neat.

Though I don't imagine as good as on the PSP. Then again, the emulator might still be in development so there is hope.

Luma3ds is better than Reinand+NTR? I haven't been keeping up with this shit since January. Don't want to do A9LH because I'm bunz anons.

Reinand seems to have come to a slow in terms of development, and Rei said he wasn't going to work publicly anymore so luma wins just by virtue of it's the only one that's still getting updates. As far as I know there's not a huge significance between the two as of yet. Also, luma has an updater cia, which is neat. If you're using NTR you should update your BootNTR cia to work on 11.0 when you switch to luma, though.

Why are console modders some of the most cancerous human beings on the planet?

Are they being hosted anywhere else now? The ones in the pasta are really hit or miss.

Can someone explain to me what Real Time Save is? I still have no idea. Is it supposed to be like a save state separate from an actual save file that lets you continue as if the system was just asleep? Or do I actually need this in order to save a game at all?

I wanna try to updgrade my sdcard to a 32GB one (Using a 8GB at the moment). I saw a tutorial on how to upgrade but I don't know if doing that will fuck up entering eshop.

I could try doing A9HL to make the upgrade easier and safier but I currently have installed MHGen and the game doesnt want to keep a save data. Anyone knows if there's a way to save the data so I can delete the game, make the upgrade and restore it later?

Try copy and pasting the contents of your current card to the bigger card. It worked for me.

If you're not on A9LH this won't work. Emunand is a hidden section on your SD card you can only move by using an image or making a dump and restoring it on your new sd.

you shouldn't lose any save data for the whole process, but you can use JK's Save Manager to back up your save and restore it later. It's not that hard to transfer on emunand, just kind of annoying.

Is there any way to view out-of-region manuals? Every time I try to view one it gives me an error and tells me to redownload from the eShop. I've tested this with the European version of Another World and the Japanese version of Club Nintendo Picross Plus, both on a North American console.

They're save states. You have to open up the home menu before you use it and it takes a while to work.

Alright thanks man, will update to luma3ds soon.

It releases on Sept 20 though user.

Which store will let me buy an R4i Gold using paypal? Because I'm not seeing paypal on any of these sites and the one I almost bought from would only let me use Western Union.

How do I even know I'm using Luma? I have Reinand and I installed Luma but I've never seen if it works. I use Luma because I need it for NTR to stream vidya.

I assume you're running A9LH. Hold Select when powering the 3DS on and it should have a configuration menu.

It's not his responsibility to host files he doesn't want to. Host 'em yourself.

What a great idea
Host files nobody can even find anymore.

I can't seem to play ctrHexenII the menus load and such, but trying to start a new game just freezes, no meaningful console output.

Also homebrew launcher sucks when it has to do privilege escalation, surprised there isn't an A9LH payload for it yet.

That's called "putting your eggs in one basket".

Anyone played about with it yet?

Odd. Mine works fine. Have all the shit in the right places?

Will freeshop allow me to get things like the 3DS version of Super Butoden 2? I've heard it's technically on the store, but not available to get normally unless you own Extreme butoden.

Check the website to see if the title keys are there

I only see a "Decrypted Title Key" for it. I'm not really sure what the difference is between that and encrypted though, other than it not popping up in freeshop.

Freeshop updated. Something about installed hardware. Does this mean I can pirate the games in mii plaza?

Then it looks like you'll have to find the cia somewhere else or wait for the enc to be uploaded.

No wait, in retarded. It means it'll install dlc & updates for cartridges

Some french dude is apparently dumping the EUR version of DQVII tonight.

Yo Holla Forums, my local M&P store has SMT IV, do you want me to buy and dump it?

Just upgraded my jailbroken 3DS to A9LH'd sysNAND, and pasted my former EmuNAND onto the sysNAND. This is so much fucking better, holy shit.

Do you mean SMTIV:A? If so, yeah.

DQVII is up.

Welcome to patricianhood. Be sure to spread the word to the serfs.

Never been able to get NTR past 22 frames, personally. Not sure what other settings to change.

Beware, a new update has been released en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history

How incredibly non-specific.

"stability" means fucking with homebrew.

So is anyone up to the task in fixing the shitty DQ7 "translation"?

but of course, you can bet everything else is still a unstable shitfest but homebrew? Gotta be ON FUCKING TOP of that shit

I'm using these settings and sometimes get above 30 frames user, not sure if it might help you

remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 0, quality = 90, qosValue = 100)

remoteplay(priorityMode = 0, priorityFactor = 1, quality = 90, qosValue = 100)

It's apparently not even accurate. Surprising noone.

Well, it is the job of culturalizers to take out all that gross sexist and racist stuff from foreign videogames, right?

Would it be safe to use freeshop to get the streetpass plaza dlc, and themes? Do they use the same titlekeys system as their terribly made eshop or is there actual risk like trying to cheat at their stupid microtransaction claw machine?

say bye to browserhax, then.

go for it, but using theme .cias is kind of shitty in general, chmm2+ is better for the most part. They won't ban you for getting dlc it just might disappear if you go to the eshop.

I believe so. data1 and portals on root of SD card, maybe there's just a missing file? I already had to download infolist.txt separately.

That's what Luma3DS is for.

Waiting for that Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack to come out.

I disagree. Some custom themes are barely worth it, they don't have good loop music or are usually lacking in something.To be fair, most official themes do that as well, but the ones that are worth it are pretty well optimized I haven't found a custom or official theme as perfect as the Rootytops one

gbatemp.net/threads/11-1-0-34-firmware-update-out.441519/
Any important difference? I'm curios but I don't want to update just to see.

Does this version feature the tranny?

How do I know if I have a CTRNAND backup? I just dump my sysNAND and that's it? I'm guessing that if I fuck up I can just restore that dump?

Not exactly sure what you mean, but I held from playing the normal version And the awful PC port for a couple of reasons. normal version lacks a proper translation, that was fixed in the port but never on the 3DS. The striker pack have Gunvolt 1 and 2 and, supposedly, the translation fix Without the idiotic pronouns and I'm guessing it retains the tranny, since it's the first character you encounter
inticreates.com/gibril-asroc-gv2-updates/
IT TOOK THEM ALL THIS TIME
But at least I'll be able to play it properly now.

Homebrew Launcher would break (if you don't edit the payloads), NTR is dead (for now) and the downgrade methods using DSiware could also be busted (needs confirmation)

Wait, DSiware is still posible github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Browserhax is fixed again, homebrew launcher is broken for now, ntr won't boot for now. Other than that, nothing.

Seeing as you can get most official themes packed for chmm2, there's no benefit of using cia themes. They get wiped when you open the eshop and they only offer a slight more convenience.

I didn't know that. I night start using CHMN2 then, if I can get the rootytops theme. But I'm too lazy to set it up.

I second this question. I've completed the a9lh process and have copies of everything, but how do I restore old copies just in case this update does something bad to my system?

Hourglass9 can write nand backups to sysnand

Goddammit. I feel temped to try a hardmod, but I think I'll hold on a few more months to see if there are any developments.

But 2ds, downgrade via dsiware, and gift the 2ds

Huh. I'll look at mine and see the difference soon.

Oh okay, thanks for the information, I was worried and refusing to update the system for no reason then

Could I or should I delete the decrypt9 bin once I have the Hourglass9 bin on my ds?

Do system transfers check for updates and shit?

You could, but why would you want to?

I'm just wondering if it'll cause some kind of conflict running the 3ds with both on or one without the other. Can't seem to find anything saying anything about that.

yes, system transfers require both systems to be on the latest version.

I'm running both, it's fine.

UPDATE TIME NIGGAS
NEVER FUCKING UPDATE UNTIL AT LEAST 10 GBATEMP GOYS HAVE CONFIRMED SAFETY

A9LH + Luma Here. Updated and it still works. I don't have gateway or NTR I can't test to see if it works.

NTR is a confirmed not-working, and since the creator left after shitting on the source code the odds of it coming back up are slim.

I accidentally updated. It made NTR not work

Alright, we've got that confirmed then.

Any1 here downloaded the streetpass dlc through freeshop yet?

NTR isn't actually affected by firmware (as far as we know right now), however BootNTR.cia is affected by the version number of the home menu, and that's broken right now.

I have, but I haven't tried it so I don't know if it's working or not.

So, safe if you're only using luma3ds + a9lh, yes?

safe for any emunand same as usual, but also as usual if you're still using rxtools you got lucky this time.

How do I tell if I got A9LH on my 3DS? I followed the instructions very closely but I want to be sure before I update.

hold start before you boot and if you see decrypt9/hourglass9/whatever it tells you to put for that then you're clear.

Looks like Hourglass9 1.10 is there. So I should be safe to update to 11.1 then? Any other risks or potential obstacles I need to account for?

no, you can just update from system settings normally. Homebrew menu will be broken for a little until they make a new payload but that should only be a day or two.

Alright. I'll hold off for a couple of days then.

any news about modding a 3ds still on 11.0 without hardmod? Is that fucked now?

There are rumors that they're sitting on some exploits for after Pokemon S/M is released. You can do the DSi down grade method if you have another hacked 3ds.

Awesome, I should get a move on modding the 3ds's in this house then.

DQ VII Euro CIA

don't use link shorteners/2clKZ6u

they say gateway is broken, but what about flashcards for NDS?

the do you guys mean streetpass mii plaza? How did you install the dlc?

Gateway still works there's just no reason to use one anymore thanks to Freeshop and ability to dump cartridges to CIA. But you need a flash card to run pirated homebrew DS games, and on newer 3DS firmware you'll have to unblacklist them, using Luma3DS is the simplest way.

Dumb question,
Is it safe to download stuff from freeshop without being updated to 11.1?

So what exactly does this change, besides arm11

I've heard of carts upgrading but not downloads

New BootNTR is out! (Only for N3DS and O3DS Yuropoor version

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.3.1

Muck about with the link, or get the Mega/download site link from the link shortener.

I read somewhere you can turn your blue gateway card into DS card? I've got CFW now so my gateway is useless

I need a way to boot DS roms on a N3DSXL.

I don't want to hack the 3DS itself.

I want it to work on any version of the 3DS software.

It must work well and the entire DS library has to function as intende from start to finish.

What's my best solution for what i need?

you're an idiot.
It's impossible without hacking the console and a flash cart.

You don't understand what i mean.
I mean i don't want to permanently hack the 3DS itself, i didn't mean that i'm excluding any and all exploits and "external" hacks using flash carts.

no current 3ds hacks are permanent, other than a hardmod.
Stop mixing terminology and follow the guide.

Play Russian roulette with flashcarts, or find a list of confirmed supported flashcarts.

you'll probably need a memecart like an acekard or a supercart dstwo. i really recommend you hack the 3ds so you can just use anything though

It's an r4i gold clone (how ironic, they're perfectly happy to bitch about having theirs cloned). You can just chuck .nds files on there and run them. The limitation is the standard r4i gold firmware doesn't work and theirs is somewhat out-of-date.

Games I have tried that work:
- Castlevania DoS/PoR/OoE
- Pokémon D/P/Pt/HG/SS, probably B/W/B2/W2 as well but I haven't tried them much.
- Coropata
- Rhythm Tengoku Gold
- Space Invaders Extreme 1/2
- Super Princess Peach
- Super Mario 64 DS
- NDS_TGM (homebrew)
- ASDS (homebrew)

What hasn't worked is New Super Mario Bros.

He could run a 4.5 3DS. Some flash cards weren't blacklisted in that version.

Just installed all of the LEGO games I could find on 3DSISO, but I think there's something wrong with the .cias.

On FBI, they're not showing up with an icon, region or attributes before I hit install, but I figured I'd do it anyways. Once installed, all of them have minor hiccups, like looping cutscenes forcing me to skip them, which I can live with, but then they tend to crash after playing more than an hour or two at a time. The crash forces a restart, which for God knows why, breaks MenuHax as well.
Also, they don't appear in eShop, if that's any help.

Do these need to be fixed through the eShop? I never fixed up that error from having both Sys and Emu linked to the ID while unlinked. Eshop was pretty much great.

I wish people would post the fucking tickets instead of putting them behind 3 adfly links, where they earn a total of $0.02 a year over all of their links.

Is 11.1 safe to update?

Get Freeshop.

I assume so but wait for further confirmation on if it's safe to update emunand.

Reread my post.

If I could get them off FreeShop, which I wrote about having and using, why would I get them off 3DSISO?

My bad, retarded and I barely skim threads.

yep it works, running yoshis island atm. I remember I couldn't use it like this before because gateway uses the DS part of the 3ds.

New super mario bros works fine for me

You could. But you'd have to re-run the installer after playing a DS game to use the red card, and that's only if you're using that particular exploit (MSET, only on 4.5x). Themehax is a much nicer exploit.

Huh, I just get a black screen. Where'd you get your ROM? Mine's No-Intro USA version.

SMTIV:Apocalypse (USA)
Part 1.
mega:///#!VFJQkLwI!L4bwCtWDyPPQbW34kflTYOC-Tfb_GmvYsEWUJriXVzc

Part 2.
mega:///#!IBYjUSTb!BaV5QLjDBD7iTO0uwEqJyXitW-xFG4RAv1h0AGc2peo

DQVII (US)
mega:#!QNVizZ6B!YZ1p8qtvNiuj5UpiJGWPukVqS8Er0gEo9cD1X4-E9RU

yeh I knew you could do it but I could never be bothered to have to reinstall again.

I cant remember where I got the rom and it doesn't have any unique file name so I just uploaded it so you can try it out.

sendspace.com/file/q132o6

Both are CIA, both confirmed to work.

see

It's on like the first line, you have no excuse for your inability to read.

I used this, and if my retarded ass could do it, so can yours.

The amount of spoon feeding that occurs here makes me sick sometimes.

These threads are pretty much the like IT for 3DS hacking, though. Don't act like you didn't ask a question or two when you were doing it.

Of course, but having to be spoon fed information in the op is ridiculous

RedNAND is just another way of approaching an emuNAND, what this results in is that the nand dump will always be the minimum size, for people with larger NAND chips on their 3DS.

I tend to bust people's balls if they ask something really stupid, but people need to read the fucking OP.

Supercard DSTwo is a waste of money for anyone using it on a 3DS becacuse the extra cost comes with the emulators built in.

literally nothing.

:^)
I hope it keeps you up at night.

It won't keep me up, I sleep soundly knowing I'm not a pleb.

Sure thing buddy.
:^)

Is there any source on what each new 3DS firmware actually changes other than the official phrase "perfomance and secutrity improvements"?

Cheers bro. Yours is actually the same ROM, bizarre that it doesn't work on my blue card. I tried seeing if they updated it but nope, you didn't have to set anything else?

Also my mistake it was a white screen. You can home button back to the system menu.

Against having their systems modified, this point was made back in 2007 in the fail0verflow talk about the Wii. Well, I suppose in theory you could use them for malware too.

Now allowing NTR and its framerate-killing features? On the flip side you can use N3DS CPU with O3DS games and improve them.

Anywhere I can get an offline archive of the Plailect guide? Slow internet speeds + away from a connection for most of the day = I'd rather do it on my own time than while I'm tethered.

If there's some new feature Nintendo usually says something, like when they added themes.
Other than that, no

I completed the guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
Can I backup all the necessary stuff for A9LH and Luma and format my SD to delete 8GB of hidden files from the Emunand?

I've got the launcher.dat file and gateways.bin file on my SD because I launched gateway to unencrypt the saves so I could use them again.

I also clicked on the GW_INSTALLER.NDS and installed it even though I dont think it did anything.

Other then that I cant think of anything else I did.

yup, just copy everything from your sd card and paste it back after format. note the Nintendo 3DS folder has all your games and saves on it

I have two profiles in \Nintendo 3DS
One seems to have all the games and saves and is 7GB and the other one is 50MB can I delete that?

Probably, that's likely your old sysNAND

That stopped being supported a long time ago. I should know, I own a 2i. It's useful again thanks to a9lh+luma at least.

You can try looking up the firmware version on 3dbrew.org

They usually have a pretty technical list of what was changed. For instance this is the most recent update.
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.1.0-34

SMT4: Apocalypse USA Undub
mega.nz/#!hZUSEZZb!5hx_CAm0Gixt6UvQetOFPgmyZgKRDTDC_FgTAzw5fDI

password:
NikolaMiljevic

So, is it safe to update to 11.1 or should I stay on 11.0?
I want to
Does 11.1 have a confirmed working NTR with streaming?

Has someone tested this yet?
Also USA version when?

No, updating to 11.1 screws NTR so avoid updating.

Is it possible to take old DS roms and convert them to cias or run them on my 3ds with the custom firmware installed?

also, no flashcarts.
I have a9lh installed

No. Right now flashcarts are the only way to play DS backups.

No but they're getting close. Supposedly DS homebrew and download play is working

Where/how?

gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/page-109#post-6675032

so should I not buy a ds cart since rom loading is close?
right?????

Please tell me someone is working on a de-'localization' patch for DQVII.

I'm sure there's a demand for it. Give them time.

Soon.
First, all of the shit has to be sorted out. What has been 'localized' and such. Let twitter do its thing.
All the accents though.. Gonna be a tough job.

just updated from RxTools 9.2 from emuNand 11.0 to the fancy new AR9HAx and couldn't be happier. albeit the transferring my emuNand to SysNand was a tad long, transferring 36gig from an SD card to a HDD and then back afterwords took about an hour, otherwise, pretty smooth sailing.

What gives you hope anyone will do something like that? Nobody washed the Marxist filth off III, IV and V.

Can you not download updates for pirated software from the e-shop or something? One of my games keeps saying it needs to update even though I keep telling it to update, and when I look at my downloadable content it doesn't show up.

Old news, it's been in the op for at least 2 threads now.

It works fine but it's for 11.0 still, not 11.1.

If I recall correctly, you either must have access to the eshop (no linked account glitch stufd if you went with emunand) or you install the update with its own cia. I recall doing something like that with smash's DLC because I hadn't fixed my account to get eshop access yet

Well on it's way means I'm not paying :^)

Just play it in Japanese like you should be doing with every video game

3DS fanbase had been putting together quite a few fanpatches already. I have a little hope.

The one in OP is $15 (20 with shipping included) and shouldn't take longer than a week to ship (at least for me). So if you're impatient and have 20 bucks to blow, go for it.

The issue isn't patching 3DS games in general, but DQ games in particular.

Arguably, it was much easier to patch NDS games, yet nobody made an effort to do so for the DQ games on the platform, and this when IV already had an English translation, sans shitty accents, with party dialogue on the JP cart already.

Ok, gonna mod my n3ds (dsiware) but noticed that the sd card is class 4 and not class 10. Will this cause any problems?

The time spent waiting is far more valuable than twenty bucks

I just read what it said in the OP, what is it talking about the "firmware is on a timer" for the SDHD r4? I look this up and so far all I've gotten was one guy on GBAtempt saying it'll do that, with no real explanation.

I had gotten one of those "dual core" ones, and the firmware on r4isdhc didn't even work so I ended up getting one from some other place.

Is there a busty may version of the most up to date alpha sapphire?

Doing OOThax and it's asking for firmware version, that is the firmware on the 3ds I'm going to use the hax on, right?

yes.

yes.

okay.

no.

Does anyone have a config.cia to use with an eu N3DS?

You are supremely helpful.

If I system transfer to 3DS that had a bunch of digital games actually purchased on it will all of the purchases be lost? If not will I have to re-download the games?

no problem :^). The busty may mod is for a model (and not the overworld one, by the way, just the battle and trainer card) that was never touched by updates so you can download them normally.

I think that you can't system transfer to a 3ds with a NNID already registered, but if you unlink, transfer, then re link it it should all be there, you might have to re-download them still.

Kay. Thanks.

My friend's got a lot of stuff I don't know if I wanna risk it on just a guess.

by no means should you lose anything, the worst case is a temporary unlink if there's an NNID on there but you should probably make up a throwaway id just for fieldrunners to avoid the week wait time.

Is a9hl safe to update to 11.1?

Yeah.

NEED HELP!

I upgraded my 8GB sdcard to a 16GB one, everything went perfect but at the time of injecting emunand I the notification never stopped.
I didnt minded and continued.

Now it when it loads reinand, instead of going to the menu it boots the launcher again.

It doesnt seem like I bricked the console.

Should I retry injecting emunand once again?

The solution is to just setup A9LH. Instead of using the shitty emuNAND method.

There's no reason to not use A9LH with how easy it is now.

How can I save everything I have on my sdcard now then?

copy it to another location, dumbass.

So if I format my 16GB, do A9LH and copy the files I have as a backup… It should work?

If you follow the A9LH guide it explains how to retain all your data from emuNAND.

If you had setup A9LH you could have easily transfered to a larger SD card just copy pasting.

I haven't been up to date with CFWs since installing cakes way back when 3ds piracy was just beginning; what's the status of GBA emulation on O3Des? Do I just get a GBA emulator and start downloading games? I just want handheld Yoshi's Island again.

Follow the guide in the op to get a9lh set up. Then just install GBA cias for almost perfect gba emulation.

If it's using the 3DSes built in GBA emulator doesn't that mean you can't put the thing to sleep while the game is running? Like with the ambassador games?

Yes.

That is pretty shit especially for GBA emulation which has been pretty close to perfect for forever.

Nevermind I fixed it.

I had to redo everything but use the newest emunandtool. I'll try to do A9LH someday tho.

The patch you need to run gba games using the native emulator also puts games to sleep automatically when you close the shell

Oh I didn't know that. I always just close them. Sweet, thanks for correcting me.

This is gonna take a while huh? I hope I get the whole weekend off this week.

It's really pretty fast now especially if you're already at 9.2. You just flash a pre-made 2.1 NAND and do what needs to be done. Then reflash your emu/sysNAND back on top of it then do like 2 more things.

Honestly the longest and hardest part is backing up your SD card. I have the unfortune of having a full 64 gig sd card to back up twice

It is incredibly fast now. 2 Hours if you are fast
longest part is getting sysnand to 9.2 nowadays. The 2.1 flash, and a9lh is insanely fast. The longest part is making the backup of 9.2 to flash back onto once you install a9lh.

Yeah copying 45GB off of my SD card took like 3 hours.

is this is referring to the system update the 3ds got? i just turned mine on today and it asked if i wanted to do a system update. just came on to make sure its safe

Yeah it's safe just updated myself

Same here

Unless you're not using NTR, it's safe to update. new system update screws NTR CFW.

thanks guys, have a favorite doujin of mine in return

nhentai.net/g/167315/

Looking at grabbing a 32gb Micro SD for 3DS piracy, any brands i should avoid, conversely any brands prefered? And should i be going for a high read/write speed one or just a normal? I remember back in the PSP hacking days you wanted the high end MSproduos for faster load times but i dont know if the 3DS could even take advantage of faster read write times on the microSD.

I got a Sandisk 32 and 64 for two consoles. Never had any issues, and I recall someone saying Samsung works fine. There was some meme going around about microSDs not working, but I'm yet to have an issue.

As far as I know, read/write is invalid, as my 64gb card had double the read/write of the 32, but installing CIA's is the same speed (I checked by installing the same CIA at the same time) and load times seem the same to me.

Ahh ok thanks, and yeh i figured the read/write speed would likley not be used. I just checked the one that came with my N3DS is only a class 4 which is 4mbps.

Only brand to avoid is Kingston because they deal in faulty/broken merchandise repurchased from other manufacturers so you're playing Russian roulette with your SD card. Normal read/write is fine and it makes no difference to a 3D.

I had cias of games previously installed with that very first homebrew shit for 9.2. I've now updated to luma and A9LH. Now that I have updated the cias are still showing up in data management on the 3ds, but they do not show up on the homescreen to play and what not. Is there a solution to this?

Is there a way to decrypt .3ds or .cia files without a 3DS? As in decrypting them on a PC. I can't find anything that doesn't rely on an actual 3DS.

I'm trying to run Picross 3D 2 in Citra, I could only find the Japanese release in 2 forms, a .3ds and a .cia but both seem to be encrypted.

I generated a ncchinfo.bin for them both but everything that uses it seems to run on a physical 3DS. I'm finding it hard to sort through all the different 3DS projects, most of the ones I'm finding seem to be deprecated or unfinished.

If there's no way for me to do it could someone else decrypt this for me or point me to an unecrypted version (preferably in English but any language is fine). I would appreciate it.
ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUyDzH1wjhBKhZbee9epsQ1yt7WYG76iJURj6QpTphxtG

So i was following the guide through and got everything working, but i didnt realise NTR doesnt work if you just follow the guide because it puts you on 11.1. is there any way to step it back from here with a hacked system?

You can use the backup they have of 9.2.0 if you dont have a backup of your own to use. But NTR is shit so it doesnt really matter.

I want to stream 3DS games with out forking out a fuckload of money for a capture card.

You either have to have files from a 3ds or do it on a 3ds, there's no way around that. Citra uses .3ds so you can disregard the .cia, that's only good for people with cfw.

reinstall just the tickets for them and see if that fixes it.

NTR won't really do much for you, it can stream but it chugs pretty hard a lot of the time and you have to plug in another cable to get audio out of your 3ds.

You can use sysupdater to go down to 11.0 or you can just wait.

Can i go to 11.0 from 9.2?

you can with sysupdater but you may as well do it from 11.1 if you're already there.

Do I need to buy a 3DS or a New 3DS model?

My birthday is near and my Vita dying

If you can afford either, get the N3DS.

It has a better processor and, I think, RAM capacity, so it runs a fair few games better. Hyrule Warriors is probably the most notable example of his, with 150% frames compared to O3DS.

The differences in hacking are there, but all fully detailed, so you know what you're doing.

Is there a way to update games/download DLC and patches using freeshop? Otherwise, how do I go about downloading DLC/patches without the standard e-shop?

If you have the latest version of FreeShop, when you install a game, all updates and DLC that exist and have their tickets dumped will be added to the queue automatically.

If the games was installed by .cia/legit/anything-but-Freeshop, click the little gamepad icon and scroll the list to find the game you want updated. If there's detected DLC, there'll be a green triangle, and a yellow one for updates.

If you have a cartridge, he SAYS you can find the DLC and updates, but I'm not sure how. What I did to update my pokemon cart was to simply find the version in the Freeshop (EU Omega Ruby), install it and then remove the game from the download list, but leave the auto-queued update.

The New 3DS is the better purchase due to better performance.

Last we heard he's working on it. It was supposed to be in 2.1.2 but it didn't work so he's fixing it.

Thanks mates, so the crack will be more stable than a R4? Because last nintendo i've brought was the DS and I think the R4 fuck it up because now she doesn't event want to start.

Also it is permanent or do you have to hack it every time you restart the console?

Hax, as they're known by the shitty redditor devs, are software based and depending how far you want to go, can't fuck up you system to the point of being safer than an unhacked one (A9LH). You only need to install it once, and that's it. You can also swap between the type of hacked firmware you're using at any point, usually.

Be sure to get a system with the firmware (checked by opening system settings and looking at the number on the top screen) is 10.7 or lower. If not, just get a replacement at the store for a different model.

If you want, I can give you my Steam or something and you can PM me if you have any questions once you do get it.

What hell did you crawl out of where that's necessary?

That's vitahax right now.

Oh god, don't remind me

I was considering getting a vita and softmodding it for the hell of it but this gives me second thoughts.

It's worth it, because there is an offline installer once you do it the first time, but they are working on perm CFW

That's great news, but there's also the memory card and the lack of weab games I'm interested in. I guess I'll buy one and wait for it to get to the point where 3ds softmodding is

Should we be concerned about this?

Holy shit Nintendo always fails catastrophically at PR.

This is also the details for the job "Manager, Global Product and Cyber Security" also advertised on that @jobsatnintendo twitter page.

Holy shit. I wonder what kind of faggot would take a "job" like that.

Is it possible to install out of region DLC for an out of region game cartridge? Like installing some japanese DLC for a physical japanese game on a european 3ds.

yes.

The damage is already done to the 3DS, no matter how hard someone tries to scrape it back together they're fucked now. For the NX or their next handheld though, maybe.

They're still gonna try, same as Sony did with the PSP, and play whack-a-mole for a year or two and then give up and hope the same doesn't happen with the NX.

It will.

Back to bitching about Picodrive. Turns out, the issue with the shimmer on one specific point in a game is Vsync shitting the bed somehow. Too bad it's much worse if you turn it off altogether.

Is there any options that can work to make it work properly? I just want to play Sonic 3 for fuck sake, injects run worse.

The screen alone is beautiful on it. Worth having to compliment your 3DS. Considered selling the 3DS games I got and keeping the shit digitally just to get Vita shit.

How do I do this? I go to FBI - Titles - Tickets - Specific title and all that is there is launch title, delete titled, delete title and ticket, extract smdh, import seed, browse save data, import secure value, export secure value, and delete secure value.

Didn't they release those sonic games on the Eshop?

Sonic 1 and 2 to my knowledge, but not 3. SEGA forgot 3 even exists.

Besides, I just want 3 Complete rather than base 3 even if it's better than Knuckles anyway.

you'll have to download and install them manually, you can use pc tools or I think ciangel/freeshop allow for .tik only installation. Here's a site where there's a collection of some, though it's sort of out of date: darkflare.epizy.com/tickets/

If you restore an old nand backup, it won't have your tickets updated since they're stored in NAND, and that's why they won't show up on your home menu, even though they're installed.

Gotcha thanks for the help.

Forgot somethings
For the old version or new version of the vita?

Only the worst kinds of corporate cocksuckers or people too shit to get an actually good cybersecurity job (one that involves securing systems against outside threats, not locking their functions away from their rightful owners).

Old has the OLED, new has the LCD.

I'm hacking my friend's N3DS which is/was on the latest version, so I have fieldrunners and I used DgTool to downgrade, and now I'm following the guide for browser-based exploitation, and it just gives me an error for an unsupported browser version. Will I need to use a non-browser exploit?

Nevermind, looked at the chart in part 1 more closely.

One of us should do it.

I'd rather work for shillstop than nintendo.

I have a Old 3DS with Arm9LH and Luma installed.

I accidentally deleted my backup folder from my PC so I decided to backup my system, just in case. I tried to access Hourglass9 to backup my system by holding Start while it powered on but I got redirected to a Luma 3DS screen. There were several options, but none of them were what I wanted, so I didn't made any change and simply rebooted the console. Now I only get a blank screen when turning it on.

Tried to turn it on by pressing Start and it now redirects me to Decrypt9 screen, but I didn't mess with it since I wouldn't know what to do.

Any help you guys can give me?

Make sure you have your .bin formatted correctly for hourglass9. Make sure that all your files are in order as well, and then if it is still not working then flash a backup to it.

What I want the most now is to be able to turn my system on, since all I have now is a blank screen. I didn't touch the files in the SD card, so as far as I know, it should be everything ok. And I don't even know what files to check.

More than anything, I accidentally deleted my backup (that's why I tried to access hourglass9), so I don't have anything to flash it or even know how.

I turned my console on by holding select and I was taken to the Luma3ds configuration screen, the one that firstly started the problem. I had option that said "Autoboot sysnand". It was unchecked, should I check it and try to start it again?

yes.

Fixed, thank you.

Sorry for the spam, but now, how the fuck do I backup this shit?

open hourglass 9, sysnand options, create backup. Or something along those lines.

On decrypt9 go to sysnand options > Sysnand backup/restore > nand backup (min size).

Done it, thanks. Also, I think i only have decrypt9, but I'm not sure.

More importantly, should I update the arm9lh from V1 to V2? And can I update my system to 11.1?

Updating it to v2 isn't really necessary because it doesn't really do a whole lot extra as of yet, you can update to 11.1 fine but the homebrew launcher and ntr are temporarily broken for now, at least for a few days since you have cfw. As long as you run Luma, you can update safely.

I don't use NTR and barely touch the homebrew, so I think it's fine.

Thank you for everything.

How do i go about getting firmware 11.0 to update to? Iv tried using 3DNUS but it keeps locking up on downloading a certain package.

So I just got Freeshop running and I've noticed there are tons of games with only Euro versions and no US versions, even though I'm pretty sure games like Harmoknight and Sonic Generations came out in the States. Did I fuck it up somehow? I for sure put in the link in the OP for titlekeys, and it really looked like it was working.

make sure you're not filtering by EU region in settings>filter>regions.

Nah fam, we're looking at all the regions. There are still US versions of games, a lot of them are just curiously missing.

go to the update section and hit refresh cache or something, make sure that your download link is specifically 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc

I'll give it a whirl once 7th Dragon finishes. Sub-400 kb/s download speed is killing me.

Restarted freeshop, looks like it worked. Thanks fammo.

The thing to remember with FreeShop is that it only has keys if someone bought that game legit on the eShop, ripped their titlekeys, and submitted them to the site. This is why the selection is pretty terrible for JP games, because it's way way cheaper to buy physical most of the time for them.

Is this why some games say "Wrong Title Key" when I try to download them and it fails?

Because I keep getting that notification and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I've not seen that myself, so I can't say. I recommend checking github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues to see if anyone else has mentioned it, and if not to open up an issue about it, the guy behind FreeShop has been pretty active in responding to concerns there.

Are you fucking retarded and need someone to walk you through step by step of the a9lh process like you're five years old?
Have you recently hacked your 3ds and are looking for goyim to play with?
Are you bored and looking for video game recommendations?
Are you just lazy and want other people to dig up MEGA links to games you want?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, join the monster hunter 3ds hackan discord: discord.gg/sUR9u

does browserhax work for 11.1?

My max is fucking 180kb/s bud.

I installed Picross3D2 and I've been playing it non-stop all day it's almost as bad as when I get really into monster hunter. I just sat there and played straight through like 2 full 3DS charges. I was supposed to do stuff today but this fucking game.

Feels good mang.

I know how it feels, I only changed recently because the cap was raised some months ago. Everything's so good at 400kb/s speed. Is wonderful.

Does anyone have MicroSD Managment cia?

Was looking through gbatemp and someone said they leaked it, though I can't find it around anymore. Was hoping someone around here still has it.

I think that's built into new 3ds' system settings, just get ftpd instead.

Can you easily replaced an XL's circle pad? Mine's formed a crack straight through the middle, and it feels like it could break in half sooner than later.

My 2DS's pad fell off du to wear a while back. It's easier to play MonHun with, but you can get your fingers scraped a bit by the sharper edge. They cost like 50 cents on ebay, and it's literally just put one edge on, then work your way around the whole pad. Super glue is also an option.

so is it safe to update to the latest version with CFW? one post says yes, other no

if you're seeing someone that says no they're stupid. It's safe to, it just might not be a good idea if you use NTR or the homebrew launcher a lot.

I have my menuhax to always start up into homebrew launcher from which I can select Luma (since I use that as my cfw), am I boned? Should I change the menuhax to launch into luma instead?

It won't change anything on 9.2, just if you try to load the homebrew launcher in your emunand it won't work.

So is it possible to play weeb games that require you to input a name? In some games I've manged to get by with putting symbols as a name, but most games ask to use Katakana or Hiragana.

is it possible to remap the start button to the select button or make double presing select count as start? the pressure input detector for the start button is broken on my 3ds.

Is there a retard proof A9LH guide for installing it when your sysnand's on 9.2 and with an existing cfw? I only found ones for clean 3ds's

Got an original 3DSXL to CFW. Since done it a while ago with the old guide, how much more streamlined has it become?

I really don't want another 4-5 hour slog.

You must be fucking retarded if you cant figure that out. Just follow the guide, but in part 3, rather than flashing your sysnand backup made in part 2, make a backup of your current emunand(in decrypt9 before flashing the 2.1.0 for a9lh) and flash it instead.

If your sysnand is on 9.2.0 (which it likely is since you have old CFW) then it will take 2-3 hours (mainly from making backups) only slower depending on how carefully you go.

So my Freeshop just updated and now everything is in japanese and nothing shows up on the shop.
What the fuck happened?

What meant was done it to a N3DS on 10.7. Doing it fresh still takes a while I suppose?

It's on 11, so overall don't mean shit now, thank god.

which one

If it's on 10.7 then the process to get it to 9.2.0 is much the same, but after that it is really fast to get a9lh on it. so yea probs 5 hours from fresh 10.7

The first link in OP the only guide that matters any more.

get yourself some a9lh

check the settings, dummy

Oh, I am a dummy.
Thanks

Anyone know of any video tutorials on how to install the homebrew?

I'm following the installation guide and I'm doing fine all the way up until Part 3. Section IV.10 tells me to update the 3DS; I try to do that and it tells me that the 3DS is unable to update, and it reboots instead. Is this normal or did I fuck up somewhere?

do you block updates with the tubehax DNS, if so that can cause it. Also, reinand won't update properly.

I've been following the steps closely. I've only used menuhax thus far. I did change my DNS as was instructed, so maybe I have to change that back?
I hooked it up with EmuNAND and Luma3DS if that helps any further. I'm just wondering if I should update or ignore that step.

you should change your dns back if you set it to something before. You should definitely update.

Most of the ones I know of are horribly out of date.

Video tutorials go out of date very fast, so typically they're not recommended. It's not that much extra effort to just read instructions. Follow the guide linked in the op, it stays up to date.

Changing the DNS did the trick, thanks

So, who here is going to get an NX and then not update it past launch firmware whatsoever in hopes for either dumping that firmware to get hackers to suck your cock or piracy?

It depends on if the NX has games.

That WiiU has a disappointing roster, and Smash 4 ain't even good.

I'm not getting a console for platinum games exclusively.

depends on the amount of backwards compatibility it gets. Need to know if I need to upgrade my homebrew Wii to a homebrew WiiU or if the NX will cover WiiU games

Why the fuck not?

Why not? Are you a fag?

I honestly hope the VC becomes big and it can be hacked as Wii and 3DS VC was. If the hardware is good enough it can have good emulation. If the rumors are true and it's both a home console and a handheld it would be pretty damn nice to be able to play all those emulators and VC in your home or outside with just one hardware.

Our only option now is to wait and see. I really do want Nintendo to pull of something amazing, but I can't help but feel it'll be a ball drop

Yeah Nintendo has been nothing but disappointments lately. The new Picross is pretty good but aside from that they've been pushing out shit.

anyone?

Bless you for this guide, Plailect or whoever.

Nope. Other things like OoT3Dhax or whatever it's called and stickerhax work though. The guide has a list of entrypoints and the versions they work on.

What advantage does Luma3DS have over rxTools? Why do I need it if I have rxTools already?