Can it beat the Kikestarter curse or is it another victim?

gematsu.com/2016/09/bloodstained-delayed-first-half-2018

Can it beat the Kikestarter curse or is it another victim?

This is just a slight setback. I believe in Bloodstained to break the misconception MN9 has given kickstarter.

It hasn't been just MN9 that gave kickstarter its rap.
But Igarashi seems like he is going to make a good game by the demo he released.hopefully he doesn't do an engine change or tries to make a "Cross-media experience".

t. iga

the demo was worse than the handheld castlevanias tbh fam

∧_∧          ⊂( ・ω・)          ---====≡≡≡≡  ━┳)Д´) ..;:・;'∴         /  ⊂彡                       /つ /つ         し―-J                       ⊂⊂ノ

Its in the shitter until they give better music, better textures (especially on the demo boss), less cluttered designs on some enemies (like the knights in the demo) and shows us a finished product.

Was the demo they made for this any good?

I imagine this is one (of many) reason(s) that most companies do not reveal a release date until they are significantly closer to completion, let alone trying to stamp a date out before starting. It also helps that this is kickstarted and they are not beholden to a big name publisher and all relevant shareholders who want to get their money back as soon as possible.

If you want to look at it cynically you could say theyre taking their backers for a bit of a ride seeing as they have no power to do anything about it, but whats that old Miyamoto saying about rushed games and delayed ones?

Grim Dawn was a kickstarter project, after all, and that turned out to be one of the best ARPGs in recent years, if not further. That was proposed to release in Aug 2013 but didn't hit Steam until Feb 2016.

Yeah, can't say I'm happy it was delayed, but the fact is, it's not like there aren't enough games already. There just aren't enough good games. I'd gladly wait longer for a good game than have a mediocre game now.

Considering the Demo was apparently "Meh" the delay is reasonable.

Only real question if it'll get better or worse as a result of it.

I guess, but a constantly delayed game can also mean a game is in development hell. I guess it depends on who makes it and how the game ends up as a result.

In this modern digital climate, that saying isn't even necessarily true anymore. Even a rushed game can be updated after release, in some cases completely overhauling everything to make it good.

There's not a lot of instances of this happening, but look at Slain: Back From Hell, for example.

what year are we now?

Definitely the Kikestarter curse all over again

Here goes another game on my list of this delay shit excuse

I dare say the delay is the least of its problems. "Fan made content" is what's concerning me.
Still waiting for the inevitable moment until some furfag or e-celeb take a autistic shit all over this game.

Curse? the trashiness of kickstarted games is simply operating exactly as the platform intends
Instead of having your developers being cucked by executives trying to pander to consumers
we can now have the developers cucked by the consumer directly! no middlemen!

If bloodstained managed to be decent whatsoever, it'd mean Igarashi failed his role

Wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to force those two faggot skeletons into the game.
Another thing I'm wondering is if they'll have the balls to stick to their guns; in this case, Vepar's (demo boss) giant tits and Miriam's cleavage or if they'll cave in at the first sign of pressure.
SNK pretended SJWs didn't exist and, lo and behold, the firmament remains in place.

Will she have a whip? Maybe as a sub-weapon?

Played the demo, was pretty good. It wasn't AoS good but there wasn't much to do also. Mainly worried about this shit right here , >>10681413. It shows promise and is a hell of a lot better than the MN9 demo that happened but it can still get fucked over.

I have no faith in this game because it's 2.5D and not fully 2D.

I always loved classicvanias and metroidvanias because of their wonderful spritework and elegant animations.

The gameplay might be there, but i detest 2.5D, it will hinder my enjoyment of the game completely.

If i'm a faggot for holding such an opinion, then so be it, for me the aestetics of castlevania games were a big part of why i liked the series, and this game isn't hitting my sweet spot visually, not to mention i don't even like the animations on it, it doesn't feel as snappy as it should by the footage i've seen.

I think the people being hyped for this have very low standards and are starved for a new castlevania game at any cost, with no regards for actual quality.

If the art's to be trusted, it seems so.

In a -vania game all that would mean is there would be two dead faggot skeletons.

I'm the opposite, 2.5D > 2D for me.
Do you happen to know which one is easier to make? Polygonal always seemed so much more sane.

/´: : : : : : :`丶、∧ _∠. ‐:'´ ̄ ̄ヾ、: : : ヽ、/. : : /: :/: : : : : : :i: :,: : :}ド 、. : : //7: イ: : : : :.ノノ,ル': : : .\. :://   i:N:|i: : : : ´´Yi: : : : : : : : ヽ.:/   _j!_」!|: : : : : : :l:l: : : : : : : : .∧/  ´ ̄ ̄`ヾ!: : : : : :从: : : : : i: : : .∧  ,r≦二ミ、   ̄`ヽ'//!: : : : :.|i: : : : :i7´ィ'入ミ、 ヾ        `ヽ: : ::||:j.i: : :.l{ {!.:こ::j}}       云ミュ ヾ:ル' j: : ::|  ゞ-- "    .:   化心.ヘ   У: : ::!  """      '   !:とり}} ji! /: /,: :j                 -'"イリ /: //.:/`     ∠ ̄ヽ    "" /// :/     /   `ヽ!    、_彡イ//、     {    j     `7ソ/ ´. \   ` - ′    /,:ィi      、 `ヽ      _   ィ.::´l: | 

You mean isometric?

No, I meant vector art instead of raster art.

Oh.
Yeah it's easier to make 3D than 2D sprites and environments but it's not necessarily any easier to make it look GOOD. Nor is it necessarily any easier to make it play good either, especially since it will probably use a pre-built engine instead of a homemade one.

Yes.

Well there's that at least.

Considering this is the first delay, I'm willing to write this off as a case of time estimates changing as development kicks off into full gear.
Shit like this is why big publishers tend not to announce actual release dates until the game is in the final stages of development.

If this thing gets another delay, it's dead to me until it comes out.

Considering Iga isn't obsessed with franchising this game, porting it to 10 different consoles, or creating new kickstarters, I'd say this one gets a free pass for now.

Granted, I don't know how they're gonna port an unreal4 game to WiiU and Vita, but that's at least being handled by a different company.

Provided that you don't pre-order it I don't see how a delay in and of itself is a bad thing.

Easier is not better, and 2.5D a shit. The only game to do it "right" was Guilty Gear Xrd, and it was trying to make itself look as 2D as possible without all the expensive spritework.

You don't compromise quality art and aesthetic for ease of production, otherwise your game winds up looking like shit and playing like shit, too.

And without all those story-essential characters. Tasteful design was found to be pretty costly too.

The only thing worse than a Jew is a Nip, son. You know as well as I they kept those characters out so they could sell the upgraded version later.

No. Nothing will. The second you get kickstarter hype, you're guaranteed to fail.

Don't you mean chineese?

It was okay. Designs need to be worked. Has room for improvement. The definition of average. It was definitely better than Mighty no. 9's demo which was inherently flawed in its core design but remained unchanged for the final product.