ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
chrismcovell.com/secret/weekly/Stars_of_the_Family_Computer.html
orcastraw.com/snes
mgba.io/2014/12/28/classic-nes/
youtube.com/watch?v=bUvGPcB4VO8
romtohome.com/ps2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TRUE CRIME WHEN?!

Speaking of this, Yabause works way fucking better than the last time I used it. Asuka 120% Limit Over works sans music, but it happens in SSF too. Time to play Shining Force III and Shining the Holy Ark.

How's the emulation scene coming along on the Vita?

What's the best emus on GBA?

nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/wiki/110.html
Seriously, do you fags not do any research? Do you just like to spew memes endlessly? Sure there are plenty of problems with 64 emulation, this isn't one of them.

VBA for general use.
No$GBA for Pokemon trading and multiplayer.

Visual Boy Advance

Only thing GBA has a high enough resolution to emulate and doesn't run natively (and isn't a piece of crap with 2 games) is Gamegear, and I'm not sure it has the power to emulate that.

mGBA. The default settings are super shit though.

Oh shit, I remember trying to play this a few months ago and being disappointed when you couldn't get past a certain part. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Tell me when I can netplay powerstone 2 using PPSSPP, I need that shit in my life.

excellent taste

is it worth it to emulate saturn games? what about dreamcast? all of the best shit on those consoles were ported to other platforms, right?

Why is Shadow of the Colossus emulation so slow?

saturn emulation is pretty good but there is pretty much no enhancements so it can look pretty bad on a HD monitor.

No, saturn has a few exclusives that never made it to ps1 or got ported. It has allot more jap games that were exclusive as well.

NullDC works okay. Saturn's getting better, so might be worth an attempt. Need to mount ISOs when use SSF though.

emulation.gametechwiki.com wont load for me, is it down?

You can. Look it up.

About fucking time, I can't even get it to work on my legit psp.

>Recomended emulators: emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Is it dead? I thought it was just temporarily down

Powerstone 2 didn't work last time I checked and I can't find anything to suggest otherwise. I played Monster Hunter with people so I know that works at least.

Its dead and moved. Check the general for the new address

Oh, is it this one?
emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Except all the ports of the Saturn games to other platforms usually suck ass. Not to mention the Saturn has the best home console versions of Darkstalkers and the Alpha series, barring the SF Anthology on PS2, but I think even that's not quite arcade perfect. Also you'd miss out on Shining and Dragon Force.

not much has changed really

Where does this meme come from?
Dolphin does not even have proper dual core support yet.

probably because anyone not running a decently high end INTEL system is going to have problems. I 1080p 60fps'd pretty much every dolphin game i ran on my last system fine, but only ran kingdom hearts 1 and 2 at 720p on pcsx2.everything else had major problems one way or another. also
ect

wut
Oh and that Intel thing is actually true for both Dolphin and PCSX2. Dolphin gives false VI readings for AMD cpus.

i have no idea what you mean by "improper dual core support" and "false vi readings for amd cpus". last system was full AMD and gave the results i mentioned. Buddies i try emulation with all gave the exact results. same goes for the people bitching in every emulation thread. My current system which is a long story is full intel, getting the exact opposite results now.

How hard is it to run Armored Core 2 and 3 on pcsx2? Are they as hard as Ratchet and Clank or Black?

There are many dolphin games which don't work on more than a single core and then there is also the fact that the emulator itself does not use more than two cores. That is what improper dual core support means.

As for false VI readings, the emulator will show you running at full speed despite the game actually running at half the original framerate. This means your game could be running at 14 fps instead of the intended 30 but the emulator will show that it is running at 100% speed.

what is your CPU?

oh then yeah, both of those things are actually correct.
though the ishiiruka dolphin devs are a lot less incompetent, look them up they did dolphin 5.0 fucking ages before the official

i5-3230m and 710m gpu. Always used hardware mode for all my games.

you might be fucked laddy

I can run Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven pretty well. Do I still don't have a chance?

Your best bet would be to test it yourself.
The benchmarks on the wiki and forums don't list any CPU close to yours.

SSF is flawed but works well for most games. Just be aware of input lag. There's also mednafen with its Saturn plugin but its not compatible with PAL games

Demul is by far the best Dreamcast emulator.

We really need a chart or template for recommending emulators. I'm fucking tired answering the same goddamn questions every time.

Nulldc is fucking terrible.

Is there a fix for the borked HUD on armored core 2?

Drastic is the best ds emulator out there.

For Saturn I use SSF, it is fantastic, no problems whatsoever with every game I tried. Yabuse on the other hand was terrible, no games ran more than 10 fps, but it has been several years since I last used it.

With Dreamcast I use Demul primarily and fire up NullDC for the few games that don't work in Demul.

software mode?
what version are you running?

Is it just me or is the emulator poorly optimized?
I get completely random framerates on Rayman 2 and even at full 60fps the audio crackles.

Can anyone post the PS2 and PSP recommandation pics

I just have this one, and it might be old.

Found the pokefag.

If by borked you mean small lines then no, you can minimize it by using eitehr 2x or 4x.
If you mean solid blocks of color stop using DX9 / antiquatedbuild of PCSX2.

Demul has the dolphin thing where it has to generate shaders throughout the game, you'll have dips every time a new effect appears.

Is there any way to get Peace Walker to play like MGS3 or will I have to deal with bad controls regardless?
Also, what is the best way to play the Silent Hill games? It seems like 2 and 3 got non-butchered PC ports, but they might work better on PCSX2

Thanks m8

The PC ports of SH have a few issues but PS2 emulation for those isn't without issues either so pick your poison, the PC ports are way more totaster friendly though.

Even if has to generate shaders like that I still get audio crackling up the ass when I run the same opening thrice. Is Rayman 2 supported by the emulator is it something to do with my hardware?

You will have to deal with bad controls regardless

It is, It's not even a particularly demanding game for that matter, I dunno what could be the problem unless you're using a really bad CPU, maybe try another version.

Thanks. Guess I'll try SSF and Demul. Is there a Holla Forums's recommended saturn/dreamcast copypasta? If not, why the fuck not?

Do yourself a favor and try mednafen before that, SSF is a shitshow that people tolerated because there was no credible alternative.

The shitshow is mednafen not SSF. Apart from the inability to mount images by itself, its better than mednafen in every way.

I have 1.4.0 and I always play hardware. I'm just concerned pic related might happen to me. Haven't downloaded the game yet.

When I replayed the games a couple of years ago, I was able to fix that by pausing and unpausing a few times. If by chance it still happens to you, that might work.

user please don't drag peopl to using a deadend piece of shit they'll replace soon enough.

Not really, SSF has a shit interface, shit sync and input lag requires fucking around in the settings every so often, mednafen has none of that.

Compatibility is comparable, a few games con't run in mednafen but will in SSF and a couple of games run in mednafen but not in SSF.

And don't give me that "But muh CLI" bullshit, dragging and dropping the image on the .exe isn't rocket science setting your controls ingame isn't rocket science either and you don't even have to touch anything else, worst case scenario you use the Retroarch core for it.

What plugin?
Never had any of that with DX11 or OGL, and there's no reason not to use those.

Yeah it has no fucking interface.
When you have to lie to shill your favorite emulator you should rethink your priorities in life.

Just the defaults, I use dx 11 usually.

Aside from helping out fan translators , what's the point.

You don't need to charge your emulators

I'm sure so many people are gonna miss the inferior PAL releases.

Nice cherry picking, nice disinfo too since µI'm running it right now without issues at full speed on something less powerful than a 6600k and still manage to go over 100fps when uncapped.

Why do you need one, there's no need to touch any settings outside of mapping which you can do easily inside the emulator itself.
You really think a clusterfuck of menus where you have no idea what half the options do is any better?

Coming from to you from the user who overstates issues and outright lies about mednefen to shill SSF.

I don't know what to tell you user, this shit was supposed to be fixed back in 1.2.0, maybe try the OGL plugin if you have an Nvidia card, also if you're on an intel IGP this is most likely the issue.

Irrelevent considering you are talking about a console which is chock full of inferior multiplats.
If you want to get specific, Super Tempo does not work on mednafen and that is an exclusive saturn game.
Do you have a single example of a game working on mednafen but not on SSF?

Why don't you post a webm of the fmvs with framerate display enabled then?

I guess not being able to play games is just overstating issues then.
The fact is one emulator can emulate all the games another can and then more doesn't make it better in your eyes makes me wonder your sanity.

Does Mednafen require Saturn BIOSs? I just tried it and it didn't load a Saturn game, just quit without even starting. No help text either.

It does. Get the bios folder from the wiki, it should have the properly named files.

Also you'll need proper dumps from redump. The ones on emuparadise are trash.

Not running a game is very different from not running a region specific version of the game, because you know when ya game doesn't run it doesn't run but when a specific version doesn't run you can still play it.
You saying it doesn't run half the library is misleading since only PAL version are outright affected, it doesn't stop you from running the very same game from the NTSC version or yu're seriously gonna go full retard and claim two regional version are different games.
Not that it matters anyways since the vast majority of the library on the system is JP only so you're still overstating the problem

Croc and Clockwork Knight 2, based on what
segasaturn.org/USA update.htm says
And from what I've just seen.
Haven't tried all of the game that don't work in SSF 0.12 beta so there's maybe more.

You want to run a very complex console with a somewhat high degree of accuracy obviously it's gonna be slower, doesn't mean it's unoptimized.

Again what glitch.

Except SSF doesn't emulate everything Mednafen can currently, just like mednafen cannot emulate everything SSF can yet.

Get your rips here
archive.org/download/SgaStrnCmplt
All clean and redump verifed which is what you should use regardless.

Oh and by the way the wiki in the OP is dead so if you haven't seen the link in the middle of the thread here's the new one
emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

>segasaturn.org/USA update.htm says

It literally says fully playable with the version of emulator.
You do realize that SSF has all the versions of its emulator with the latest one available to download?

Go find me a redump version of Rayman USA.

Despite another emulator existing with a higher compatibility and a lower system requirement. What exactly are you trying to argue here?

It's like the beautiful lovechild of Super Metroid translated into 3D and an NES Megaman game (from what little I've played of them), holy fuck.

Backtracking with new abilities to find hidden things, high jump ability that shoots you into the fucking stratosphere, swapping buster parts on the fly to mess with the stats as needed, enemies and obstacles that'll wreck your shit if you get complacent, it's got everything I want from vidya. Exploring those sprawling underground areas to find new abilities and weapons is comfy as shit too, even with the intended spooky atmosphere.

Only thing I haven't loved so far is hearing "MEGAMAN" squealed at me in a high-pitched voice over a radio every 30 seconds like someone taped an agitated cat to the side of my head, but thankfully it stopped happening as often once the opening was done, and I can tolerate it just fine when it's infrequent.

Also, on a more-related note:

It works perfectly in terms of emulation for me, but holy fuck, who designed its interface so ass-backwards that you have to restart it repeatedly just to test new graphics options or pad configs?

SSF is getting more attractive by the minute.
Anyways DN3D doesn't work in SSF as do any games that rely on netlink

Why bother when the Darkwater rip works fine and the JP version does too all the text is in english before you say anything and it's not like it's a complex game to begin with

Considering SSF has regressions as you just so kindly pointed out it's not far fetched to say it's a pile of hacks to make specific games run but that has limits and you will never have a version of SSF that runs everything whereas mednafen by simply going for actual accuracy can and probably will with maybe a couple exceptions at worst.

I hope you're using PGXP, this game is the textbook example of why it's so fucking good.

You can always try PCSX-R, you just have to stop emulation in the menu to change settings.

Thanks.

It actually just crash if you stop emulation to go into the graphics plugin settings so it's not much better.

pls tell me that pic is from a video where the slut is fucked silly.
source?

What's the command to start mGBA on Linux?

found it!!! WebCam Whore over 90min masturbation.

No it isn't

They only do memes.

speaking of memes

Just use the retroarch mGBA core, autist.

I'm going through Twilight Princess and I'm getting small audio skips when opening dungeon doors.

Anything I can do?

I'm using a texture pack and the no-bloom AR code

How so? I've completed the opening, ending (using an old save file from a real PPSSPP) and the first two days. No issues so far.

How's PPSSPP on Android?

It works fine for most games, the only game I had difficulty running was Tekken 6.

Pretty good. I could run most games decently on my old Moto G.
For RPGs should be good enough

It still crashes right after the train station on the loading screen

Did you get the newest development build?

Not him, but I just downloaded the latest development build and tried it out. It crashes in the cursed spot after the train station fight and cutscene still. Does it only work with a particular iso or setting enabled?

Yes,Same problem.The iso isn't the problem because I used a save to check if the moves menu infinite loading that happens with bad dumps and the menu worked

Fucking look at it. Look at the shit that's in that game. The PS2 was pushed to its damn limits running that shit, so now imagine how hard it is on an imperfect, work in progress emulator.

Oh wait it worked. Have you tried one of these user? ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

I swear to god I could have sworn that SMT:SJ had a german translation but I doesn't look like it even had a EU release.

Play Gothic.

Tried 4 of them in fact, two latest and two early ones, including one mentioning the Kenka fix. All crash the emulator on the loading screen still. I use 32bit but I doubt that has an effect.

Also what the fuck is going on with the catalog, it hasn't updated for me.

Scratch that, it updates now. Sage for off topic.

Is it better to emulate Medal of Honor: Frontline on Dolphin or Pcsx2? I've read both wiki pages and it seems like each has its own pros and cons. How's your experince of emulating the game?

Dolphin is pretty arse for that game in particular, FMVs are all borked and not fixable, and I think the game simply can't run fullspeed even on an adequate computer (I can get fullspeed if I underclock the emulated CPU to about 80% but the game already runs like ass on the actual hardware so that not helping, but PCSX2 seems to be in a similar spot where you need a desktop i5 to even pretend get fullspeed, Rising sun works much better on the other hand.

bump

So I'm a retard that never knew PGXP even existed and holy shit it makes RRT4 look good. The only thing that I need to look into is the occasional slowdown. But hot damn, this game looks pretty alright at 1080p.

Is there a link for this properly playable version?
Because I've never been able to get past the intro without it crashing after the first Bancho fight.
Or did PPSSPP get updated or something?

I can not fucking wait to build a good PC when I save up all of this overtime. The other week I had 24 hours of overtime in and my check was like almost $800.

If I want to emulate A METRIC FUCKTON of shit, how good should my CPU be? I want to aim for a skylake i3, but I need assistance.

i7 6700k > i7 4790k > i5 6650k(just from what I owned and tried, there are plenty of middle grounds between these 3 and 6650k is well above the bare minimum)
Don't settle for an i3 and even a 750ti can upscale most gamecube and ps2 games to 4x native resolution.
Basically PC games are bottlenecked by GPUs while emulation is bottlenecked by CPUs so if you don't plan to play modern PC games there is no reason to cheap out on a processor.

Do not cheap out on the processor, just get an i5 or and i7 and you'll be set. Emulation is really CPU dependant in most cases, not to mention having more multi-tasking capabilities so you can run a music player while you emulate and not have a shitty experience. 750ti's are a good and affordable nVidia card for most cases barring brand new games on ultra-buttfuck 1440p. Otherwise, you can get a new AMD card and deal with that. I own a R9 Nano and a Titan Black, and they've both been fairly solid. Never directly compared them, but they've run whatever I throw at em. Those are over kill for my setups, however, since I only have 1080p setups.

Thanks, user! I'm new to this and I'm just trying to tweak my logical increments build. I haven't much cash so I plan on just getting my case used for dirt cheap, keeping my monitor, etc.

A friend is telling me to shoot for a 1060 as far as GPUs go.

It all depends on how you want to use your PC.
You'll probably have to change your mobo and power supply so factor in that cost too.
You can also get a 950/70 for around 150$ from Ebay while a 1060 will cost you twice of that. Compare the benchmarks of the two cards for the PC games you want to run and see if the results are worth the money difference for you.

My initial goal was to plop down about 600-700 for the PC. I like emulatan and I like some modern PC games. I have checked out benchmarks and I DO like the 1060. If Anything, I'm going to plan on an i5 6600K.

Just finished with a calculator, and my build would be around $800 now, which seems daunting but if I can get some things on sale, I'll be happy.Just gotta work more hours. I want something that'll be relevant for a few years, at least.

Dude, a 950 or 970 won't be irrelevant in 2 years, it'll still be solid. The only thing you'll struggle on is 4k games and VR, neither of which are terribly practical yet. Not to mention Skylake is a little overpriced versus getting a Haswell CPU. You don't get a lot more CPU power for it, plus you have to get DDR4 as I don't think there is a decent mobo with Skylake and DDR3 slots, which means spending more money. Get a Haswell i5, 6-8GB of DDR3 memory, a 1TB, and a decent mobo. That should be about $500-$600 from places like Microcenter especially with bundling deals they do. Keep an eye on places like Tigerdirect or Newegg for sales.

ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/

Don't forget to disable xBrz filtering from the inis and use eternalspu sound plugin

That's probably the Wipeout memory hack
Configuration > CPU > Wipeout MemHack

Does anyone know why the GTE Pixel Accuracy option in Retroarch's Mednafen Core doesn't seem to work?

First the results are much less apparent than the PCSXR one because it works differently.
Second it only works with resolution superior to 1x.
If you want a quick explanation of the difference between how ePSXe/Beetle deal with GTE accuracy compared to PCSXR/PGXP it's actually pretty simple.

PCSXR replace the polygon coordinate grid by a 16x (or 32x I don't remember) resolution one.

ePSXe/Beetle upscale the polygon coordinate grid with your current internal resolution multiplier so it can't go over 4x for ePSXe and 8x for Beetle.

PGXP does things more in depth or differently altogether I'm not sure exactly but it basically uses the same idea as PCSXR (aka massively increased grid resolution) while implementing a fix for texture seams, or it might have found a way to implement using floating point values instead of integers for said grid.

reminder: emulation will never be better than the original hardware.

worse than the original hardware

What does better mean

NES, SNES, Amiga, Apple II, DOS, PS1, Sega CD, Genesis, PC Engine and Neogeo emulation are all better than original hardware.

Real hardware fags will never have a lot of things due to actively enabling scalpers.

Wouldn't the final solution to the scalper problem be patent-expired console recreations (RetroN 5 for example) combined with flash carts?

That video shows that VBA-M doesn't have the problem, and everybody uses VBA-M if they aren't on mGBA.

Can you not read?

If only that was true.

Kill yourself, faggot.

Bullet time and witch time are re-creations of these effects. There's a reason why they were invented for old-school arcades.

No thanks.

Do you also think the fact that the PS1 cannot render straight lines is a feature?

Top kek. Are you really this retarded?
Even then, overclocking is can be toggled in every single emulator.

Arcade games had revisions which removed slowdown and improved performance so even that is complete bullshit

inaccurate.

you probably play these on an lcd

the thing is, there are more sheeples or normalfags as you might think. Just by looking at all the pre-orders for new games should tell a lot.

here comes the CRT apologist
You do know that NTSC CRTs had a retarded color scheme especially during NES times? To use them as a standard of accuracy is to use a drunk driver as a standard of driving skill.

you do know RGB is a thing right, you insufferable emucuck.

Which fixes the motion blur, ghosting, bleedout and fixed aspect ratio how?

this isn't LCDs we're talking about
holy shit you are retarded. RGB you dumb nigger
snes is a shit system but your argument in favor of it's 8:7 aspect ratio is retarded. varies from game to game. I would expect an emucuck to know no better.

please drink bleach or kill yourself. bleach only burns your insides.

good job retard

The only game that mitigates it is Chrono trigger which is all you have for your argument.

I know you're an uneducated nigger, but please stop chimping out.

chrismcovell.com/secret/weekly/Stars_of_the_Family_Computer.html

You don't seem to know shit about video games. Perhaps it's best you stick to emulators so you don't pollute the discussion with your absolute idiocy.

Takashi Tezuka also worked on Yoshi's Island and if you run that shit on 4:3 you get ovals.
Geez lad you're not even trying.

it's nice to know you can't spot 4:3 based on the image. Not very hard. Like I said, consider suicide. Consider it strongly.

You are the faggot who thinks every other console outputs at 4:3. Do you really think you have a leg to stand on here?

No? I used the SNES as an example. Do you have anything to stand on that isn't a running assumption? You do know that these games were all made to run on 4:3 displays, right? Do we need to go into a lesson on NTSC standards next?

you literally assumed that SMB3 was made on a 4:3 TV by using a quote that does so despite the same director working on the sequels which were made with 8:7 in mind.
Do you actually have anything to say beyond "no u"?

Oh boy, my favorite.
orcastraw.com/snes

the entire TV standard of the country the game was made in

Yoshi's Island was also made in the same country and it does not adhere to the 4:3 standard.

Its relevant in this case because this aspie thinks that CRTs are end all be all of accuracy and "muh intended experience"

no, but the TVs it were played on were 4:3.

The point is that original consoles not having pixel perfect output is a technological flaw because most games did not work around it, just like how most PS1 games did not work around the low precision floating point calculations of the PS1 making the original method inaccurate because the games were not made with it in mind.
In this case emulators are more accurate than original hardware because they can modify the output aspect ratio and resolution and in case of PS1, use various methods to reduce jittering the z buffer glitches.
Accuracy is based around the video games, not the technological flaws of a system. If the flaws were part of the accurate experience then disc read errors would be considered an essential feature.

conflating accuracy with the aspect ratio of the resolution the system output is a pretty big mistake. Going on to attribute system errors with game accuracy is just a rich example of poisoning the well and associating unintended issues with people who believe this is an example of accuracy. Try a bit harder?

wut

You lose track easily, don't you.

I would be on a track if you actually had any point to make apart from your lack of understanding of what accurate experience is based upon.

it's really not hard to grasp. Lets start from the top.
1. original hardware
2. best version of the game (typically NTSC-U, NTSC-J, occasionally PAL-E for european games like shadow of the beast, just an example)
3. 4:3 display, those which were most common for games to be ran on by players. Preferably a high quality CRT like a PVM or BVM.

get it yet?

There are only 3 things you can prove

"What the devs intended" debates are always retarded no matter where they happen, because you can't prove shit and generally refer to your own first experience as "what the dev intended".

You see that shit all the time

Anyways from what I recall the SNES works with an 8:7 res internally because the PPU is not powerful enough to do actual 4:3 and since CRTs have the magical property of fitting any aspect ratio back to filling the screen it works fine (try outputting 3840x480 on your CRT monitor and you'll get a filled screen.)

This likely happened bbecause they thought nobody would care and it saved them some development cost, most system that came latter used varying internal resolution and aspect ratio but the assets were always made with 4:3/16:9 in mind (best example of that is the PS2/PS1 which have wildly varying internal resolution between games but never look"wrong" in 4:3)

it was only snes/nes that output at odd aspect ratios, every other system was 4:3. Just throwing that out there.

By that logic your entire RGB argument falls apart because RGB was neither popular nor common. Later editions of SNES did not even output RGB which means that the blurry image with color bleed is the "intended" experience.

Your own argument of an accurate experience is all over the place. My argument is based around the one consistent thing, which is the game itself. Most games were made to be pixel perfect because that is what the later version, remakes, rereleases and sequels used too but since the SNES cannot display pixel perfect image, its a technological limitation which devs didn't work around most of the time.

You are arguing that using original hardware with a CRT is the "accurate" experience but by "accurate" you mean "how I remember it" and nothing else. Emulation is vastly superior to original hardware in this case because they can be customized.

it was very popular everywhere outside of America, actually. Please kill yourself now, thanks

320x244 is not 4:3 so genesis only outputs at 4:3 in PAL so unless you want to argue that 50hz refresh rate is superior go fuck yourself

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Does SCART mean anything to you?

I would laugh but I pity your sub par framerates.

scart and jp-21 were available in Japan…like I said, emucucks aren't very smart. They're like PC gamers, very unintelligent.

You just said the quote literally says maybe. Yet the quote does not contain the word maybe.. It says likely, it says may have been, but not, AND THUS NOT LITERALLY, maybe.
I don't care about the argument you fags are having, but you are retarded. Go back to tumblr.

And they were not popular, which is the crux here.

I have a old samsung xcover V. 2.3.6 dumbphone.
Fuck do I do with it? What CAN I do with it? Because I really want to throw it away since nobody would buy this piece of junk.

they were, otherwise I question why nintendo, sega, sony and many more all supported rgb output for many of their systems. nintendo being the retarded exception once the n64 came out.

mGBA. It's amazingly accurate, and the dev seems to be a bro

mgba.io/2014/12/28/classic-nes/

Thanks pcsx2, you piece of fucking garbage

Does it really? Last I tried it kept crashing after the first fight.

It worked pretty well for me, did you try to play Shadow of the Colossus? Because that game simply is blurry as fuck, no settings involved.

Except NES and later models of SNES did not have RGB support.

This is literally the only game I wanted that didn't work.

Thank you for this glorious news.

AV famicom, and there's plenty of SNES models which support RGB, best being 1-chip models.

Nintendo is retarded however and has no sense of consistency.

AV famicom was released during the SNES lifecycle. Not only that, the RF modulator released for it was replaced by AV connectors for composite connection because RGB support was practically non existent in native market.

and despite all this, it's still possible to get rgb out of pretty much every classic console.

DUDE HOW THE FUCK DO I DRAG AND DROP THIS FILE ONTO THIS EXE AND PRESS ALT SHIFT 1 TO ASSIGN CONTROLS 1 FUCKING TIME 2HARDDDDDD

Yes, just get the latest SVN and not the "stable" version

8:7 for SNES was the intended look for many games, they just didn't give a fuck that it got stretched to 4:3 on TVs. The ones who gave a fuck about the stretching fought against it, like in Chrono Trigger.

Play Super Metroid and shit like it in 8:7. Play Chrono Trigger and shit like it in 4:3. The end.

Oh and while I'm at it, I've been playing Dark Forces in DosBox lately. The game is rendered at 320x200 meaning the image is 8:5, but it's supposed to be viewed in 4:3, otherwise you get Fattroopers and Wide Katarn.

How the fuck do I get EPSXE To work? I just wanna play Tactics Ogre damnitt!

You physically can't on the original hardware

stop using that shitty emulator

No shit Sherlock. You're in an emulation thread, hence we discuss the best way to emulate. 8:7 was still the intended look, and they just didn't give a fuck about the stretching on a 4:3 tv. That doesn't mean that you, while emulating, should be stretching to 4:3 as well. Unless you are playing something like Chrono Trigger, which compensates for the stretching, and thus you should play in 4:3.

ePSXe was always more accurate than PCSX-R when I tested it, and it's been getting updates lately, but now I'm a Mednafen fan after using it in RetroArch. No more shitty GPU/SPU plugins to deal with.

I was arguing with a guy who thinks original hardware with a CRT is the better than emulation.

lol
Get PGXP

On PC there's no reason to really use ePSXe, PCSXR has way better graphical "improvements" options and Mednafen is more accurate overall while retaining some basic improvement if you use it in RA.

Xbox emulation will probably never happen since it's closed source and runs a severely modified Windows kernel with special drivers developed just for that hardware. It's a pain in the ass and no one wants to do it. But I feel your pain. I want to play Midtown Madness 3 already.

Did anyone ever translate captain rainbow? Was it worth playing?

sauce, or is it just some camwhore pretending?

Try European roms with Multi5 (M5), they usually have German in the language selection. Also don't forget to set the system language to German in DraStic.

And enable Multithreaded Rendering and hires for god's sake

XBOX emulation is not actually that far, most game boot and "run" without major issues but it's slow as fuck and still no sound, that's with about 6 month of work from one or two people from where it was stranded before

Because before that you basically had this kind of shit on every single game.
youtube.com/watch?v=bUvGPcB4VO8

Why don't you post something that makes XQEMU look somewhat decent instead of that crap

Is the dreamcast good for emulation? I know pirating on the thing is easy, but how are the emulators for snes, MAME, and NeoGeo?

NEOGEO is pretty good, Bleem works exceptionally well, anything else isn't all that great unless it's 3rd gen or genesis.

How about the dreamsnes?

It "runs", I don't think you can do most special chip games and most game won't run fullspeed without frameskip, I wouldn't bother personally.

The DC just isn't powerful enough for decent SNES emulation.

Shit chart

Nigger if the games were always played in 4:3, you play them that way. Nobody fucking about pixel aspect ratios. If you do, then you're one of those niggers who plays CPS2 games in "widescreen".

Not to mention it's retarded to skim through the entire SNES library to see what games were made in 8:7 and which ones were designed for 4:3.

Which system has the best emulation between the N64 and the Saturn?

I don't see any problem if someone wants to play Super Metroid in 8:7

Except CPS2 assets were clearly made to be displayed in 4:3

Games that are known to look "wrong" when not played in 4:3 are the exception, pretty much the only well known example is Chrono Trigger
Not to mention it's extremely easy to switch between the two in most emulator.
And then you stumble upon that one game where only part of the assets are corrected

N64, all the games run not necessarily at full speed, problem arise only when you try to use HLE or shit LLE plugins.

Saturn is a mess regardless and is only now getting proper LLE emulation which is still far from perfect and somewhat slow.

I feel the same way and I spent a few hours telling someone else the best way to play these games is on a 4:3 crt. To me its a layered issue why original hardware is far better than emulation and always will be.

Emulation is settling for a fix, not getting the best available.

Does anyone know where I can get a working Sengoku Basara X ISO for the PS2? I tried theisozone but the ISO I got from there crashes every time I start it up in PCSX2.

Guess I'm shit out of luck then.

what the fuck does that even mean?
how is emulation not getting the best available? You have more customization available to you than on a real console

try the one at emuparadise

Get v1.2.2-946-gad0167c, that's the one that's working for me. Also, some of the isos are broken and will crash when you try to access the moves menu, I got my working one from nicoblog.

They don't have the PS2 version there though, only an arcade one which I'd prefer not to use

Try this site :romtohome.com/ps2/

Most of the time emulation can't even recreate the same experience, and at best you have misguided texture injections or forced hd resolution. This comes with its own array of undesirable effects such as hud stretching. Its a mixed bag with its ups and downs. The best experience is typically on the original platform. At least then you're playing the game as it was intended to ship, with the device it was intended to be played with, and hopefully on a display that shows it off effectively.

I appreciate what emulation does, it gives people a chance to experience games they never might have, and helps with the preservation of the system and its library, but the emulation community has this misguided perspective that it is the be all end all because of a few bells and whistles. More often than not, those bells and whistles can be negated by having a proper set up, and offer a superior experience.

Same experience of what?
Different console revisions had different hardware and ran games differently.

Then run the game at the native aspect ratio. Literally every single emulator has that option. Consoles like NES and SNES didn't even have pixel perfect output so you were getting stretched assets on the original hardware. I don't see you getting pissy about that.

Even cartridge based console games had different revisions which had different bug fixes/issues. This is not even considering the different between PAL, NTSC U and NTSC J releases. If you were playing anything but the japanese release of a japanese game then you were not having the intended experience.

You have said nothing substantial and your entire argument is backed with vague terms no better than buzzwords. Learn to articulate yourself better and actually know what you are talking about.

usually never to a major degree, even then, this is just getting anal about it.

I take it you never emulated anything post gen 4 (which I commend!), but as games started integrating filters, smoothed out sprites or effects, most of the time they were only meant to be seen at the resolution the game was designed for. Otherwise they look really, really bad.

I don't care about that, the experience everyone had back then was at 4:3, and the games were intended to be viewed at that aspect ratio so it's not a problem.

nitpicking intended to skew the meaning of the argument so the point is belittled and disregarded. In fact I addressed this same subject way earlier in the thread? Some regions had better versions of games, like shadow of the beast, it's meant to be played at 50hz.

ops image proves the point

Okay, so I'm playing MHP3rd on PPSSPP, is there any community playing it online using Hamachi/Tunngle/Evolve/Whatever?
Also is there a list of co-op games that can be emulated on PPSSPP? I can't even find a proper PSP list.

Check the PPSSPP forums

Keyword being some. Most games ran slower. Shadow of the Beast was also made for Amiga first so by playing any other port you are already straying from the "intended experience"

Nobody gives a shit about your retarded opinions. Everyone also had the experience of NTSC and composite signals which seems to be something you are very averse too. Everyone also

Despite having assets which are pixel perfect? The only game that was made for it was Chrono trigger for SNES.

Then don't upscale the game? Is that too hard to understand?

why use composite when you can get a better experience with rgb? Also you forgot to finish your reply on that same line. You aren't getting worked up over this, are you?

user you beautiful bastard, that finally got it working. I guess it was the iso the whole time, since I replaced the old one with the nicoblog download. Thank you.

Anons, i fucked up.

I used Visual Boy Advance - M to play GBA games for many years, it worked perfectly with no problems.
But recently, i thought to update it.
So i googled "visual boy advance m", found the source forge page, and downloaded the lastest version, Visual Boy Advance - M WX 2.0.0.

Problem is, as soon as i started using this new version, everything went to shit.
Games aren't smooth anymore, there's slowdowns and stuttering.

I must have fucked up something, but i don't know what.
Maybe the new versions suck ass compared to the old one and i didn't know it?
This has been the biggest case of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" that happened to me yet.

Upgrade to mGBA.

Yep, works perfectly, i'll just use mGBA from now on.

But in the back of my mind i still wonder why the hell a program i've used for years suddently goes to shit as soon as i download a newest version.

I'd love to understand what the hell they actually changed in it for it to change performance wise so drastically.

Mudlord dropped the project several years ago and the new guy is the janitor and he can't do his job properly.

Nigger please.

I'd "ram" this anime if you know what I mean

Saturn. SSF is compatible with nearly every game. You can't say that about any N64 emulator and the console's respective library.

Nigger you are full of shit. Try playing Any Factor 5 game like Rogue Squadron and see what happens.

Mentioned earlier I was playing Dark Forces. Here's a WebM of punching Stormtroopers in the dark.

They run with with angrylion RSP+RDP.

There's like 5 games you really can't play easily on N64 emulators.
Pretty sure you can go ahead and try every game in SSF/mednafen and get similar results.

I tried out RetroArch's Angrylion port to Vulkan (paraLLEl) and it had some major problems. The menu screens have a bizarre split (same problem happens on most Rare games I think), the skybox when flying around gets rendered on top of your ship, and the performance was too slow.

Still, it's farther than I get with the Mupen64Plus core - that one just crashes immediately when you try to play Rouge Squadron.

Can somebody help me out here.
I'm trying to play Tekken 1 on epsxe 1.9.0 but the damn thing wont show cinematics, it's just black screen with music playing in the background.

Why would you play on a console when you can get a better experience with emulation?

meant for

ParaLLEl is prealpha though so yeah it's gonna be buggy as fuck, the original angrylion RDP plays every game that don't have RSP issues afaik and most of the games with RSP issues are beginning to actually get playable

I've heard people say Rogue squadron is playable with other software RDP plugins like z64gl but never tried it personally.

Probably just ePSXe being a bitch, try 2.0.x or another emulator.

Update ePSXe, or try a different emulator. PCSX-R is a very similar alternative, or you can free yourself of the tyranny of old shitty plugins and use Mednafen - preferably in RetroArch. They even added an optional fork that allows you to use OpenGL for gpu acceleration instead of software rendering.

cemu 1.6 just came out but for patreons only. Do they ever get leaked?

Patreon builds are DRMed and tagged, so no.
Public release isn't far enough to bother cracking it either..

Thanks, at least that stops me wasting time looking for it.

Well what do you know, it actually works.

just tried it with 1.3 (Newest SVN) and after the first fight when you get to your Hotel room (Menu) and want to see your "Moves", the game crashes. Is this what you call "Fully playable"? Also who in their right mind thought L1 is a good talking button?

Good news: 3rd Birthday seems to work. Played the first 3 missions already.
Bad news: it's crap since it kinda requires a second ANALog stick to look around.

Anyone got a Sega CD fullset?
Is Rebel Strike any good on it?

Gross.

RESPECT THE ASPECT RATIO

ps3 controller, what driver for my win10?

well more specific: I have a rock candy ps3 controller, USB.

And I don't know how to get it to work. Shows up as HID compliant , and nothing's working :/

You don't deserve help.

k

The moves screen crash is from a bad dump.

fuck, i have it from emuparadise
i know their spotty with this shit,
some EUR Capcom games also don't
work because they removed the DRM-Layer

Does anyone have a good source for PSP-Games?

They usually bundle the DRM layers for euro game isos into a single package. Usually they tell you that its the case, if you go and read the page instead of going straight for the download link.

I can't remember the name off the top of my head but yes the video is real, she's using an anal plug

her name is lana rain

The opengl fork of mednafen actually has worse compatibility than epsxe so don't do that.

Muh dick

I was looking for this chick name since i saw that reac pic, thanks user.

i love you

Hngg

Sorry user, didn't read the full thread.
Downloaded from nicoblog and it works now.

here the details:
Working file from nicoblog:
File: Kenka_Bancho_Badass_Rumble_PSP-VENOM.isoCRC-32: cd74299d MD4: 99099ea48aee6282472b7885a64585fe MD5: a9f2095cd6120c5cd4f1964732773b80 SHA-1: ef7fb4b5b0365dfce126e8b18c300fe51cb499b9

Busted file from emuparadise:
File: Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble PSP-VENOM.ISOCRC-32: 416e1c66 MD4: 81dffb006d98fa096d4d44a4f1ae46ac MD5: 1e25c94dfd21b6ad81b325dad5947bf9 SHA-1: 9b6ec486f9124d22b0d2309a65820141c91d191b

is there a MEGA link to all recommend PS1 games?

hello?

Does anyone have the full video? Or like a collection of all of her videos

I was suffering with a shitty computer and DeSMuMe for DS emulatan till I got a Nextbook Android Tablet in Xmas of '15, and later on, DraStic. And now, I prefer it over anything else.

I got SSF up and running, but I can't seem to make any progress in the controller options. It just freezes when I select "redefine". Anyone know how I can get my Dualshock 3 to work with it? Any values that I need to change in the .ini file?

Where's a good place to get some Dreamcast ISOs? Just replaced my dreamcast after the post office broke it and lost most of my games years ago.

TOSEC torrents

EVERYONE SAVE THIS POST

That's going to take quite some time.

download GDI files from doperoms

If it's for burning disc you'll need .cdi rips, those are pretty easy to find on isozone, if you have a GDemu or the parallel port to SD card adapter then the .gdi from TOSEC are good, you also can download only the games you want since I doubt you'll care about multiple copies of the same games.

I'm burning discs. I've been out of the loop with this stuff for a bit so how's the parallel port to SD card adapter work? I'm curious.

you whore there's a PC version

people say vba but that's mainly because it's so old and it was the best for so long, stick to mgba since it's the new best one now.

Has anyone tried out the parallel n64 emulator? i could run some games i couldn't on retroarch with it but they all still had graphical bugs
Also post a lossless screenshot without filters enabled faggot, i know there are some unrelated bugs but we can't judge this shit if you enable graphical improvements on the emulator

user i hate to break it down to you but it's not 2004 anymore

After looking into it a bit more, seems like I ended up getting one of the dreamcast models that doesn't play burned discs.

It doesn't work all that well (slow loads, pretty bad compatibility overall) but it's very cheap compared to GDemu, you can make one yourself from what I recall but buying one is probably way easier, I think I saw that on isozone if you want more detail

I've used paraLLEl. Games like Star Fox 64 and Megaman 64 seem to run almost perfectly, but lots of other games are a mess.

A recent nightly build of it fixed a bunch of texture problems in Rare games like Goldeneye, but it's still far from finished. Needs a speed boost and some more fixes.

So what emulator do you use for GBA multiplayer?