User plays:

user plays:
PROJECT REALITY

pt. 3: Mortars with saltrounds 2 - 0

Description:
Project Reality is a long running milsim like modification for Battlefield 2 (now standalone), that while not at its peak, still has around 400-600 people playing at all times.
The game takes a nieche between full blown military simulation of the Armed Assault series and actual fucking games, with the tacticool aspects of a milsim without its simulation related clutter, and an expanded upon battlefield-style battle for objectives on XBOX FUCKING HUGE MAPS.
The most populated servers usually support up to 98 players on conventional force vs conventional force conquest-type maps, or asymmetrical warfare type maps which have an organized conventional force finding and neutralizing weapon cashes of the opposing guerilla force, consisting mostly of rag-tag teams of allahu akbars and a BR with 120 ping.
Project Reality heavily emphasizes teamplay and intra- and inter-squad cooperation. It uses an inbuilt mumble client that, depending on your position in a squad, transmits faction tied proximity chat [welcome to the jungle intensifies], squad chat, commander chat, as well as individual squad leader chats.

Important information:
Insurgents can blast nasheeds while driving a bomb-truck into an burger FOB.
You can literally gas the kikes (IDF is a conventional force) in this game.
You can literally unload a nine in the welfare line (african conventional as well as insurgent forces) in this game.
No XP, no perks, no unlocks in this game, plug and play.
This game runs on a toaster, just be sure to turn down shadows.
The launcher has an inbuilt game manual which explains game mechanics in great detail.

The caveat:
The game has rather harsh methods of punishing retards and retarded behaviour built into its mechanics, as well as hawk-eyed hotpockets watching you being a good healslut in the bushes.

TL;DR
Its free nigger, get it.
realitymod.com/

Regarding time coordination:
Standart procedure is joining the Discord server at time T which is usually at 21h UTC, at which point quite a few anons should be on the Discord playing.
discord.gg/XGDPpry

Should you want to play real bad at any given moment, use this realitymod.com/prspy/
its a magic device that tells you what players play on a given serber, with all possible serbers listed
look for the [wwew] tags and join in

Quick tips:
Vehicle tips:
CRITICAL NO-NO´s aka THE FUN POLICE

This weekend´s event is DEFINITELY endorsed by:
[wwew]: the salt must flow

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/RJNTD
discord.gg/XGDPpry
realitymod.com/forum/f138-infantry-tactics/104645-pr-guide-tips-tricks.html
realitymod.com/prspy/search
twitter.com/AnonBabble

benis ;DDD

On a serious note, how are we going to handle having more than 8 people playing?
Having 2 squads each fucking around and doing it's own thing is no fun at all.

Getting on the same server and coordinating is usually not a bad way to do it.

My point is, we didn't when we had 10 people. We had 2 squads, one big, and one with 2 guys (one being me) and a bunch of normalfags in it. No coordination. I guess we should switch comms to discord in that case.

The match before with the IDF and hamas had two split squads, although they didn't work together muhc because of the chaos.
I do agree that it is tough to do when we have ten people, but it can be alliviated by having a two man APC squad in maps where that is possible.
That way the bigger squad can work with the smaller APC squad to produce some sick mech INF or superfobs with IFV recon support.

I think you mean autistic egyptians.

Took me awhile to realise how in the fuck that happened.
Great fucking engine.

You can do it yourself by dropping the kit after you pull the pin but before you release the nade. You pick it up, press 4 and you spit out a grenade, no animations or anything.
This has been fixed with C4 and other deployables but not grenades for some reason.

Could be fun when playing as insurgents or other sandnigs

So dumb.

Speaking of insurgents if a few of us know how to be civilians we could bait enemies to the rest of our squad/IEDs

The only three fun things about Insurgency rounds are running around with RPGs, setting IEDs, and fucking with blufor as a civi. Nothing beats leading half a squad through a game of hide and seek tag because they forgot a breacher.

You fags have a server or stick to pubs?

To get a server, you need to show a valid ID and passport to the owners of the game. We just jump on an existing server.

We don't use it for ingame communication, we use it to coordinate which server we should use and inbetween rounds.

Are we playing today or is everybody oper8ed out?

I'm just waiting for people to get in a server, everything usually starts in a half hour.

Join the candy can server

WEW

Eh it's sunday, almost monday in western europe, some people have to get up in the morning.

O-okay.

Saturday is the big game day laddy, but I'm sure some lads will hop on with you if you ask in the discord.

I'll join it after work then

we are on cancervan [new server] not [tactical raid]

The other guy probably should have specified.

kudos to whoever took the time to keep the post formatting intact, would swap kits in the bushes with

join the discord channel for easier coordination between rounds, no extra software required
discord.gg/RJNTD

Keep in mind that there is usually a downtime somewhere between 3 and 5 UTC, and people do still play afterwards until 8 UTC or later.

The game just crashed out hard and I'm not sure why.
Also after twenty minutes of thinking people could hear me talking it turns out I was talking to myself and my mic isn't detected by the game. I'll try again next week

never played pr, having fun in squad though, even though it's a buggy mess

early access early grave

How to kill any server in 10 easy steps:
Step 1. Play Insurgency

Fuck, I'd join if I could, if I wasn't in a godforsaken land far off from most servers.

Unless you are rubberbanding everywhere, you should be fine. You need to stand still for about half a second before shooting accurately anyways, so it's a good game for high ping. Make sure to avoid flying.

Well, that was pretty fun. Game crashed and its 6 in the morning here. See ya'll next time.

Remember to use discord to organize
discord.gg/XGDPpry

All of those are least of my problems, compensating for my latency to shoot at anything, is fucking annoying.
Full-auto best firemode.

I really don't like insurgency. It's shit when there's a low server pop, but it only seems to be played when there's a low amount of people.

Nah its the other way around, most people dont wanna play insurgency because they suck donkey dicks, and so do you, because you´re playing insurgency wrong.

Most people try to play insurgency like the other gamemodes which is fucking dumb.
You´re supposed to play a sneaky fucking band of RPG toting feral niggers, not bunch up at a fucking cache at the beginning of the round like a fucking retard, or driving around in a technical begging to get a HEAT to the windshield.

Im gonna blow your nigger minds next time we play insurgency.

Will we get a squad going today/night?

you might find one or two guys

nice meme

How to disable shadows?

What does freeware even means?

bump

If you run over burgers with Civilian party van, does that disable your civvie status?

getting in a vehicle disables civvie status

Gay. For how long, 2 minutes?

once youve gotten out*

Big fan of PR, but now I've just been playing arma3
Movement is was worse, and you cant clear buildings for shit….but damn it looks good.

Also anyone play squad? I hear it might be the next PR, but it's barebones so I haven't tried it

It's made by the people that made PR

this and also no gameplay, its barebones as fuck right now

Squad is legit 2 years from being anywhere near PR. Its why I still play this damn game because nothing else comes close in terms of maps teams vehicles etc etc. People might say arma 3, but vehicles in that are janky as fuck.

in the launcher options.
It means it's not f2p, but completely free with no money involved.

We're playing right now on DPRC

There are better alternatives for that. Discord is 100% shit and should be avoided at all costs.

That make you pay buttloads of shekels or be at the mercy of power tripping thought police mods.

it's fine, stop being a fag

Or you could just use IRC, Steam chat, or Mumble

Literally anything is preferable to Discord

sure bruv

realitymod.com/forum/f138-infantry-tactics/104645-pr-guide-tips-tricks.html

Pretty much the same shit the SUITfag was dropping in the planetside 2 general. Alpha tango faggotry combined with git gud at this and that.

Don't suppose anyones playin right now

Some of it is useful, some of it is bullshit. However the squads that apply this fully seems to be more effective than squads that don't.

Does it have VoIP support nowadays? The game isn't alt-tab friendly
Awful voice quality, generally pretty shoddy.
Great program, but someone would need to host a server or pay for one. And I don't know if it will run in parallel to the built-in mumble for PR (which only works when you're in game).

If there is an alternative with the same quality and more freedom, by all means let us know.

I didn't realize "coordinating which server we should use" required voice chat, especially when text would work fine for that purpose

There are also plenty of open Mumble servers meant for public use that are empty all of the time

The other user may have failed to mention that when the squads get too large, intra-squad comms get messy and we use an external to re-organize ourselves mid-round and in between rounds. Also when a hotpocket decides to listen in on our banter, we have an alternative. The game is most likely to crash when alt-tabbed, so we don't want to tab out to type something.

It has been really stable for me, I alt tab on launch, during loading screens and randomly and it hasn't crashed yet.

Anyway to get a minimap working?

Pressing M is just not good enough when trying to follow squad leader or identifying objectives.

I get it once in a while; they've definitely made the mod significantly more stable than it used to be. When it does happen, it's more of a hassle trying to rejoin and not getting auto-balanced or having the server fill up. I just wish windowed fullscreen was an option.

Same here.

what aboot tox?

You seem to forget that PR is a couple of features short of an actual milsim, while PS2 is still just a regular FPS gameplay wise.
But like the other guy said, some of it is useful, some of it is common sense, and some of it is turbofaggotry that is pure RP at that point.

You got your compass, you got your map and you got your mark
If thats not enough its either on your squad lead or on you.

This is literally fucking irrelevant.
Stop taking the bait.

OG-7V warhead when

in Squad

Yeah it's definitely more justified in PR than in planetside, but everything in there is pretty obvious, can be resumed by saying cover as much angles as possible, and getting gud+familiar with the game's mechanics. Still useful though I guess.

The delay when opening the map (at least on my side) is a real pain in the ass when your squad leader is quickly assigning different waypoints for different players. It makes sense but that's something I'd rather not deal with.

> Who did that? Who was it?
> Oh it was that guy, he's doing it on purpose.
Very craven of me, but my reputation remains neutral.

Holy fuck the mg3 is a beast. Just wish the one the germans got didnt have the red dot.

Handy guide to how not to get mad at video games:

When you get wiped following an order, your SL is to blame 100%.
When you get wiped doing whatever that isnt the order given to you, you´re part of the reason the squad got wiped. Avoid being part of the reason your squad got wiped.

Following orders secures a stress-free innawoods experience regardless of outcome.

So boys are we gonna have one tomorrow in'shallah?

glorious Hoborussian army confirm in Project Reality?

HOBORUS V. IDF would be great

I'm getting my JDF playlist ready. Oy vey.

Why do people get so salty in this game? I've been playing for awhile now and as far as I can tell, getting wiped out of nowhere is just part of the experience. If your SL is doing something retarded, speak up. If you SL doesn't listen to reason, join a different squad. And people fuck up all the goddamn time. At any point in time it seems certain that at least one person in your squad is going to be a new player who takes a kit that they don't know how to use, or fires a mortar into a big group of friendlies, or shoots a friendly coming around a corner because they scared them. You just have to learn to work around that shit and realize that getting angry about incompetence is a losing battle that is not worth fighting.

Also, you're a fucking faggot.

You'll never find me.

Karma will, you fucknugget.

What happened boys, are we burned out already?

vietnam maps that are not Ia Drang can go fuck OFF

You enjoying that night fighting user?

most of us are in the discord already, we´re actually playing near every day

People mostly play during weekends, expect people to play tonight.

Gonna bump with this classic webm. Really makes me want to fuck around with this game again.

Classic jpeg quality too

anyone up for a game for today?

People are playing now, I think on the lightly populated candyvan. Check prspy and look for wwew tags.

We´re playing on candy van right now

lel

download from the other server.

its already 77% done though

Time to make another account.

I am never playing in that server again.It's laggy and I hate americans.

Theres like 6 active servers in total m8, blacklisting them all doesnt take a lot of time

Is it freeeeeeeeeeee?

It does not cost money.

Go away Stallman.

The server is laggy as fuck I'll give you that

Those graphics are horrible I can't play this. I gotta have my HD cinematic experience.

the lag is too much

How high is it for you? I can deal with 200 but I do feel the delay.

it fluctuates between 250 and 500

What does hotpocket mean in this lingo?

are there bots?

Probably a server mod/admin

only in coop mode

but not on your team?

no

wew

local coop has bots on your team though

i dont see any

it's above deployment

I know where COOP is, I just don't see any bots when I enable them. They're all on the enemy team.

you set the ratio correct right? left is your team right is enemy

Try checking the bot ratio, what's it at for you?

ok

We're playing on PRTA. Get in here.

Serber crashed. What now?

We are now on hog

Actually we are going to cancervan.

bampu

are we playing yet?

we're always playing user, until we get hot pocketed

What server are we on?

DPRC
server is filling up though might not get in at this rate.

euros frick off

im commonwealth

:^)

But I like the Euros.
Just fuck my shit up.

where are you playing today?

we´re playing erryday on different serbers nigga
join the discord if you want to call for a round

Making Hussein proud.

Well just fuck my shit up.

On what potato are you trying to run the game?

tovarish?

preddy gud ya kept yer cool and meanuevered on those niggers, and ye did it in style in tracksuit

also that technical whizzing by like nuh uh nigga..

this looks really good, reminds me of arma wasteland but less janky

alright fuck it im downloading this, I want to chill on roof and snackbar as well

Holy shit my sides

Is it true that the PR devs require you to show them passport and id in order to become an admin in a server?

Do the negative hotpockets (because they pay to be hotpockets) really get off to banning people and being hawk-eyed internet rule enforcers?

It's easy to fucking ban evade. I've been doing it every weekend.

The great cuckening never ends.

y-you to user. i'll try to get on some more
i haven't played alot, i really would like to play more than i do though. its just a hassle to keep track of when people are playing and what server they are playing on

Come on, the only thing that is a pain is actually joining people on a server and getting on the same team. If you forgot you can check which server people are on in just a few seconds. realitymod.com/prspy/search
Aquarius has been playing non stop today like some kind of madman