Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-with-your-gamecube-controller-in-your-3ds-without-hardmod.435788/
youtu.be/Spy1jjPsMFM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I understand the universe is post apocalyptic but are some or all the monsters bio engineered?

Even if not what monsters did countries bio-engineer

Wyverians and cats are obviously genetically engineered.
The future armor you get from distorted fragments is fucking radical.

So which housekeeper did you pick ? Tanzian sweetheart here because I like her high pitched "ara".

REMINDER NOT TO HIT THE HEAD WITH HH

Why not?

It's some forced meme or other, ignore it long enough and it'll go away

Forced Meme. Basically the HH got a massive stun nerf in gen and two autists argued about it for around 80 posts

Moga-Sweetheart. Bitch goes through my stuff and gives me lip every time I need something.
somehow she's the only one I have unlocked so far

The main ones you unlock early on are Moga's Poster Girl and the furfag from 4's beach zone. You don't get the Poster Girls for Tanjia or 4's Caravan until much later.

Guildmarm, because i have always wanted to nicknamed Squiggles.

Why would you downgrade?

So I've got 4U on an SD card on my hacked 3DS. Can I use save editors/mods?

Is there some way to make the inventory bigger or back it up so I can make the ultimate weapon/equipment collection without having to pick and choose?

If you want to get banned from online by Nintendo, sure. They might be able to tell if you didn't buy it but they sure as fuck crack down on save editing

I burned out on Gen pretty quickly this time.
Usually I only burn out when I'm nearing the end of soloing G-Rank, because each hunt starts to take so long that they become tedious rather than challenging - and playing multiplayer makes them quick but removes the challenge so there's no point.

I think Gen's just too easy. I got to the part where you fight the mammoth, the lightning bird and the t-rex, and none of them even put up a fight. I just don't know anymore. I almost wish I could delete all of my MH knowledge and skill so I could experience it all again for the first time.
Struggling to git gud was a big part of what made this series special. Now that I've got gud, it just makes me feel tired.

meant to be for

oops

The whole of village is easy mode, really. No real high rank, only specific missions that pop up from time to time as you go through guild. They mostly serve as easier versions of their guild counterparts for your grinding convenience.

just kill me now please

Try playing with someone who can't maintain a connection to the servers for more than 10 minutes.
I don't mind the grind for materials, what I mind is helping someone else through the grind and then they disconnect and abandon because they're hunting solo and then expect me to help them complete with the same hunt I just finished and then it all happens again.
I'm going insane.

The implication is most certainly there

I had that issue recently, kept dropping
somehow finished the hyper glavenus solo too

I feel your pain, the whole game is driving me insane

Every time I got to pick up monster hunter I don't feel that same feeling anymore. I tried playing 3U, 4U, and Gen all last night. No matter what, I just didn't feel like….well, I didn't have that fire. That urge to just go kill something. I tried forcing myself to hunt something, thinking maybe I'd have fun while doing it, but the fun never came. I just felt like I was wasting my time.

What can I do Holla Forums? I love Monster Hunter. I was having so much fun with Generations in spite of it's flaws. I want to hunt again, I wanna feel that fire blaze my soul.

You got gud, user. You have the same problem I have. I don't know if there's a cure.

but which country bio-engineered which monster is the real question. Assuming it became a widespread military tech like nuclear weapons as the knowledge spread.

Told them they needed to sort out their internet connection because this is unplayable, it's every 5 minutes now with constant connection drops. They just quit the game in a temper. Holy shit, don't play video games with people you have irl relationships with, you mention a sensible reasonable suggestion and they flip out at you.
sage for personal blog

Mon Hun is the wrong game to play with friends, especially if they're trash

ive had plenty of luck with pubbies though, only one hunt out of 200 where they got triple carted

The answer is pretty simple. Just look at what creatures are exclusive to those games. Yama Tsukami is clearly the creation of the Pokke ancestors, Amatsu is the creation of the Yukumo ancestors, Dire Moralis and Alatreon to the Moga ancestors, so on and so forth.

Or, those monsters were created by the enemies of those nations, and that's why they're still lurking around their lands laying waste to shit randomly.

more?

But perhaps…

I don't think the lore is deep enough to warrant sad piano, but there's enough there that it's fun to speculate.

I just solo farmed Akantor in MHGen guild, pure solid fun.

It's not that I suck at fighting the monsters, the drive, the desire is just gone. I mean I've got approximately 1200 hours logged in between MH4U and MH3U alone. In MHG i'm working up on 200 already.

I've been jumping between GS and Bow. Maybe I should just change weapons? What's a good super-different weapon from these two to jump to? that's not GunLance. I hate what they did to the GL, which was my main in MH4U. Hammer was my 3U main.

I just do event quest and hope Fatalis makes a comeback.

You misunderstand me, user. I said that you got gud - in other words, your problem is that you don't suck at fighting monsters. It's too easy, and there's no sense of danger hence no fun.

I'm thinking current real world countries rather then the ingame remains.

I don't know, i've been playing MonHun exclusively with my brother, and its been pretty fun. Then again, we've been playing MonHun with each other for nearly a decade so we're used to each others foibles.

I have pretty much only played with friends

I rarely play without friends. Get better friends.

This has happened with every game my friends have tried to get me to play. At least I didn't pay for it this time

ok I mean its the wrong game to play with trash friends who triple cart

Oh, my bad, I misread that.

You're right though…especially for MHG. The entire game has mostly been piss-easy, aside from the stupidly-large HP pools Hyper monsters have. The damage they do doesn't even bug me, but they have way too much health to just go at solo where I'm at now. I miss Apex

You take that back boi

you've fucked up now

What is this feeling, user? I-Is this how it feels to be "offended"? Please end my life, before it spreads.

They were more fun to fight than Hypers though.

Think of it like this.

Apex at least had a "muh story" reason for being so fucking power: the Frenzy Virus. Sure doing the quests to get the highest level Wystones were a pain, but if you used those and Chaos Gore weps? That shit was off the chain then. You, three other grizzled G rank players, versus one kick-ass powerful monster where having anything less than 3/4ths of your health would get you one-shotted. That constant danger was such a rush. And when you got frenzied and overcame it you'd throw everything you'd been suffering up to that point back at the monster x 4. These Hyper Monsters are like a shittier version of Apex, without the guarantee or even the slightest chance really of getting Frenzy.

Also, Apex was the end-game of end-games for MH4U just about, that and the Gogmazios/(Shah) Dalamadur of course.

True, hypers feel boring by comparison.

So hyper monsters have no in game reason for having one or two parts of their body doing extra damage and hitting that part means you get to use your hunter arts more?

They're both shit though.

I'm still of the persuasion that Gogmazios is a filthy decayed version of one of those weapons that has just gone wild. I refuse to believe a monster that eats gunpowder and sweats tar is a naturally occurring phenomenon.

Hunter Arts are one of the biggest problem with Generations. They're so overpowered, and the few that aren't are hardly worth using. The support/non-weapon-specific ones could still probably work fine. But i'd rather have no Hunter Arts than any at all.

Not from a story perspective, no. It's "just because" essentially

not untrue, but in this instance Apex is the shinier of two turds. Apex being a platinum-grade shit while Hyper is more like a bronze shit. I'll give Generations this though: it doesn't have bullshit Expeditions/Guild Quests. Those were the absolutely worst thing about MH4U.

Sometimes happiness is knowing when to let go of the things that used to make you happy.

I'm about at the same place. I've played every game since FU, and now I'm struggling to find motivation for Gen. I like the game even, but I think it is just burnout from essentially doing the same thing for thousands of hours. Take a break. If the desire returns then get back to the hunt, and if it doesn't then at least you had some fun with this great series. Forcing it probably won't work though.

Perhaps so.

I can't deny those trips or that advice. You're probably right. I should just shelve it for a while until MH5U comes along. I've got other games I could play anyway.

YOU

YES YOU

DROP THAT FUCKING HH AND NOBODY GETS HURT

doing HR meowster quests
18-3868-3807-2782
Pass: 1111

quicker than wasting time solo

monstah huntah

Switching to nintendo was a terrible mistake for the series. Considering how barren the skies and landscapes look in 4U and Gen/X and also the fact that Gen/X somehow manages to run at a choppier framerate than its predecessor.
I forgot the little details that weren't ported over in Gen like the skies being a lot brighter with more moonlight and having more visible stars in the sky. How do you fuck up porting stages from older games this bad?

It's because they wanted to add seizure inducing effects like Frontier.

Gen was literally framerate capped m8. Even on n3DS's better hardware it runs the same, unlike 4U.

You're dumb and full of shit thanks. Nintendo has never banned anyone from monster hunter for save editing because MH4U and MHG have built in anti cheat. You can cheat in gear that you can currently obtain at your current hunter rank and current quest completion level, but if you cheat in gear or items that the game KNOWS you don't have access to it will delete them. Same goes for stat changes and other things. Palicos are effected by this too, the game checks if those skill combinations are possible through the RNG system. For example a non dlc cat can never have the "strongest technique" dlc skill when they're not a DLC cat. and obviously, you can't replace the 4 basic skills and 2 basic class skills a cat has because it'll just delete your cat. Oh, and the game deletes illegal charms too. It uses an offical charm table to determine if your charm is actually obtainable or not in the game and then deletes it if it's not.

Gen/X runs at 30fps because the o3ds struggled to maintain 60fps in multiplayer which was the case with 4U/4G as well. This caused desync issues when the client frame rate stopped matching up, but instead of actually improving their netcode, they just said "fuck it" and locked the frame rate to 30 so that o3ds users wouldn't feel left out. I also think the newer games look fine, but I definitely missed the really nice anti-aliasing that 3u on the 3ds had.

Is it possible to play MHP3rd multiplayer when emulating with PPSSPP?
I'd like to hunt shits with my brother and we don't have any handheld.

yes.

The problem is that the newer games are too easy compared to the 1st and 2nd generation.

Cool. What shits do I need?
I tried looking over the PPSSPP forum but the proadhocserver download link died and I have no idea how to build shits from github.
Someone there also said that PPSSPP has built-in adhoc server now, so what do I do?

Google it harder, I've spoon fed this thread enough today.

Did it just take some taking used to, or was underwater fundamentally gimped ?

Correcting things spontaneously isn't spoonfeeding user.

Underwater was and is godawful, I'm replaying 3G myself and noticing exactly this with Lagi I miss how he was in Cross already, for any other faults the game has, it made Lagi so much fun

Why are you replaying one of the worst old gen mh games?

The only monster hunter pre 4u worth touching with a 10 foot pole anymore is FU.

P3rd is trash, and 3u is Trash too.

And before you go getting sprinkled with some ass dust from your local butt fairy, No, it wasn't always shit, it just became shit once 4u came into existance.

You know what, for that matter, why are people playing older MH games in the first place when MH has nothing but a slightly updated expansion pack with every release with the exception of 4u?

There is literally no reason to go back and play an older version of a game that has less content and less features.

I can only see the Appeal with FU because it's so old that it's an entirely different beast in how you play it due to massive mechanic differences.

Lagiacrus is an aquatic monster.

The only good thing about FU was that clownsuitting was extremely limited. Other than that, the AI was dark souls levels exploitable (not like the AI in 3rd and 4th are any better when they randomly charge into walls). And if shitty hitboxes make a game difficult, then dark souls 2 is the best game in the series.
In other words, Dos is the best monster hunter.

We're not getting underwater back again so I guess you can say they want to experience how "fun" it is

pure coincidence

Good, Underwater was pure fucking cancer and it was the worst idea Capcom ever had.

Underwater aside, I liked it.

Yeah, nah, you're a cunt.

Portable 3rd's my favorite of the franchise.

Except other than regular -> G releases within a generation, this is only really arguable with going from first to second generation. Even then I would say it's worth playing from the very original on the PS2 just to get an idea of the progress of the series through the generations. Plus there's always unique monsters, like the Rare Breed versions of Nargakurga and Lagiakrus in 3G, or the ancient dragons like 2G's Yamatsukami, 3G's Gran Milaos, or prior to Cross reviving it P3rd's Amatsumagatsuchi.

I hope you feel how hard I'm scoffing right now. Like, if I could be in a proper suit sipping hot tea from my butler, I'd definitely be raising my fucking pinky at you right now.

Who'd guess

I found both 4 and Cross much easier, though admittedly that may be just me improving ever so slightly.

The game was too fucking easy, just like generations was too easy. The only thing I will give you is that it had the comfiest fucking guild hall and buff system out of all the monster hunter games.

I'm not saying FU is the best monster hunter ever. I think 4U is currently the best monster hunter hands down. I want to like Generations, but it feels like they shoved all the cool new content out of the door without giving any hecks to balancing any of it, then rehashed the same content I've seen a good too many times with really not that much new content to show for it. I feel like generations with really nothing more but a mechanics experiment shoved out of the door as a new game.

Newer generations will always be easier than the clunkier less polished old games, but 4U definitely wasn't as piss easy, beat it in a coma like P3rd and Gen/X are.

I also wanted to note that despite them selling generations as a nostalgia grab with 4u and experimental mechanics. They left out my favorite monster. I'm extra salty about that.

I miss my fucking barrioth

I found 4 much easier than P3rd personally, both in the early game and the endgame - Dala Amadur was just a boring fight that was tedious rather than difficult, whereas I still find Amatsumagatsuchi and Albatorion to be challenging fights.

Maybe P3rd was so easy for me because it was the first monster hunter I played with a proper controller, instead of the good ole claw. Coincidentally, Gen/X is the 2nd monster hunter game for me to play exclusively with a proper controller instead of the reverse claw.

Possible, control comfort plays a big part to be sure, and I did have a much easier time when I switched from the PSP version to the PS3 version for P3rd.

I didn't have the luxury of HD resolution. I played it with a controller using a CFW plugin that allowed me to display my psp screen on my computer monitor and use an external controller.

P3rdHD and the psp emulator wasn't a thing back in the day. Fun times.

Ah, to be fair I was running with a legit copy for the PS3 version, so I've no idea what emulation would require there.

To emulate MH3PHD you simply use PPSSPP.
Many .iso come prepatched with the english translation, and there's a little thingie you add on the side that allows you to play online via an adhoc surrogate or something like that.

Either way back in the day we didn't have anything like this nor easy ways to add ¥ to our jap PSN accounts when MH3PHD did come out towards the end so me and the boys played that shit on psp via adhoc destroying our eyes staring in the dark at the tiny ass screen fucking up our hands clawing our way every night until 6 am chain hunting DLC Alatreon and DLC Savage Deviljho.
Good times.

By the way, for the record, the team that did MH3P is the same team that has worked on MHG.

Oh nice, Shame X localized making the whole effort pointless. If only they could localize

poka poka felyne village

No, i don't mean the fan translation team, i mean the actual dev team.
Both games weren't made by the "main" MH team.
They seem to call these guys when they need new and interesting elements added to the series that are then later on polished and implemented in a better way into the mainline.

Wait are you the retard that thinks it's a bad thing that the hitboxes aren't broken?

That makes a lot of sense and explains why both games feel very polished but stupidly easy.

I really want prowler mode to stay. Being a cat was the best thing to ever happen to my life. Today I didn't even look at porn, I just searched for cat images on the internet.

PROWLER4LYFE.

No, I think the hitboxes were the worst part about the old generation monster hunter games. Plesioth was a fucking nightmare dude.

oh my mistake, there was a guy in here a few threads back saying that the only reason the older gen games were good was because of the broken hitboxes forcing players to know where it hits as opposed to reacting to it or something.
It was the second dumbest thing I've seen in these threads

I'm curious what the 1st was.

80 posts with two people arguing about the damage formula. It was the stupidest thing, not by virtue of being the most wrong thing, just because they argued over a formula with a very clean cut outcome.
One of them was double dipping on attack modifiers and the other was I guess just getting baited?

Was it the guy who kept claiming that his GL shells did the same damage as a L3 GS swing when hit on a weakspot? Because that guy just could not fucking grasp the concept of static damage calculation.

Yeah that's the guy. But lets stop talking about it lest we summon him to show he can't do math again

Well user, according to most people in this general the mainline devs can do no wrong and the alternate team implements nothing but shit ideas that should never be implemented, so surely you're mistaken and anything and everything in the mainline games is the holy word of jesus christ himself and you're a scrub if you think otherwise.

Remember to sell MHG and only play MH4U all day every day! (alone, while occasionally posting rooms in this very thread and bitching when people aren't joining).

What are you on about?
4U had a ton of problems. They're just more prominent in gen.
4U has Charms, Apex, Wystones, Apex, GQs, Apex, Relic weapons, Apex, and 2 horribly unbalanced weapons.
The thing is the major problems don't become prominent until G-rank.
Gen on the other hand has Hyper (bloated HP pool without any of the danger), Styles, Hunter arts, Charms, and Deviant Monsters.
The biggest two problems, Styles and Hunter Arts, are there from the start of the game, and it lacks a third of what 4U had.
No charm system will ever be as bad as 3 though. Fuck charm tables, worst thing that game did

Both are fun,and both have problems, but user you really seem upset and should probably take a break

You call the main selling features of MHG "problems", when they're just roughly implemented ideas.
And of the two, only hunter arts are genuinely rough, styles are alright.

I'm just sick of "neo-purists" popping up post Tri that have absolutely no idea what the fuck they're talking about and would rather have the series slump into total stagnation than to try new shit.
I've been in this since the PS2 era and back in the day we didn't have people constantly shouting "gee i sure hope nothing changes ever" to get internet e-cred.

Styles are just are horribly thought out. They work for some weapons, and don't work for others.
Striker is just a shit show in general because it's pure hunter arts, with a few notable exceptions.

They need thought out at all as opposed to "well this would be cool for some weapons, so just put it on all of them"

That's a shame, how hard is it to find non-patched ones?

I just got the physical disc myself, never liked the download services.

Nobody is arguing there, Fuck 3u for that, what a terrible design.

I don't think styles are horribly thought out, I just think they're horribly balanced, There is too many biases with certain styles and some arts are just way too strong compared to the others, making them the only viable way to use the weapon efficiently. Prowlers have the same issue. Sure I finally have my perfect cats, but they all REQUIRE me to make a boomerang focused build to deal enough damage to be considered viable, because they didn't bother to balance out the rest of the mechanics.

I think if they would've actually sat down and adjusted values appropriately, it wouldn't have been an issue. The problem Gen has is that most things are fucking overpowered as fuck right now.

Aerial HBG/LBG shouldn't exist.

I'd really perfer it if as opposed to 4 styles per weapon that were poorly thought out ("Hey guys lets give ranged weapons close range" or "Lets remove the GS's level 3 charge, but give them evade+3 in return), they instead gave each weapon 2 styles, guild and another well thought out style special to the weapon.

I've honestly felt like for most weapons, at best only 2 of the styles were viable while 1 was a complete fucking gimmick. I think the only exception of this was lance to be honest.

Because I will admit that adept lancing was fucking cool.

;-;
I miss having 80% of my screen covered by a mud lizard when Quropekko decides to call for backup.

I miss my 285 4u save file that got corrupted by a bad Sd card.

How? Was it a bad one?

Was it an old one*?

It was the cheapest fucking sandisk you could find at godanm walmart for 5 dollars

To be fair my understanding was that was a glitch rather than something intended. Still bullshit though.

if it was a glitch, why didn't they just fucking patch the godanm game?

delete this FUCKER

[CONCERN]

Damned if I know, I just recall hearing that the way it was meant to work is that each time you quit and reloaded your file it was meant to jump from table to table. Still a bad idea I think, but obviously compounded by that lovely little glitch.

CHILD MODELS ARE NOT OKAY DUDE, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE STEAM FRIENDS THREAD

All this for a girl in a bikini?

I was just worried but intrigued.
Did anyone even click the link?

I'm not sure what to go for when using the aerial switch axe, energy charge or demon riot.

Energy Charge is nice, keeps me in sword form 99% of the hunt, with the bonus chance to crit it could get potentially broken with either dreadqueen or silverwind sets.
I've been testing dreadqueen with energy charge 2 and been getting 4 sleeps in a single hunt on a Redhelm Azuros using a Lv5 Dream Captor, I imagine it'd only get better with Energy Charge 3, also if I had Dreadqueen to Lv6 for the status atk +2, and if I had the Dream Captor max level. It's a shame I can only carry so many bombs, but that would be alleviated if I play with others I suppose.

Demon Riot gives me a damage boost and keeps me in sword form, but I'm unclear on what the damage boost actually is and the duration of the switch gauge and if it can even come close to the kind of broken shit I can seem to get up to with Energy Charge.

Also Exhaust phial, is it as useless as I think, consistently getting zero stuns in any hunt (without any skills to boost stuns) or is there a way to make it good?

You use both so you can stay in demon riot forever and have that delicious 20% boost at all times. Exhaust phial is meh, people use it occasionally, but you're better off using something else.

Only useful if you're the kind of retard like me who wants a high-raw Switchaxe only in axe mode.

No I wanted the opposite of this

Yeah I feel disappointed in the selection of hunter arts for the switch axe also.
I liked being able to use both sword and axe form seamlessly, now I feel like I have to use sword form exclusively to get all the benefits from the hunter arts.

How does GL feel in MHG?
I tried it with little success in MH4U, and i wanted to know if i can actually kill shit with it consistently now.

The GL is still viable, but it got a nerf from 4U. It's more of a technical weapon now, and it's also become really fucking disruptive to teamplay.

I'll probably just stick to HBG then, maybe GS.

As far as i'm concerned GL was always a technical level at high levels of play, they just removed the "basic" layer where everyone could use it right off the bat and upped the skill cieling required to use it decently.
Also it was ALWAYS really fucking disruptive online unless you knew what you were doing.

But here's the thing: i don't think it's worthwile as a weapon even if it does require more skill.
The trade off isn't worth it, currently.
I used to main GL a long time ago but i've since moved on, i don't think the benefits correctly counterbalance the amount of effort required in both efficient use, and all the factors you must think about when playing online with other hunters.

As far as weapons that fuck up other hunters the most online i'd say the top 4 offenders right now are:

1-GL
2-(non adept) LS
3-CB
4-(very poorly experienced) SA

HBG is in a weird spot.
It's Hunter arts are fucking horrible compared to LBG. So LBG actually is better in groups because of them.
They added in Internal ammo though, which makes it less grind early on for ammo.

GS is the GS, Bushido and Striker are horrible and Aerial's level 3 charge has a motion value of 83 compared to Guild's 110 IIRC.
Aerial also loses it's entire combo so even though it gets topples like mad, it's damage is lower in the long run because it can't do damage off of them.

In MH4U it was VERY good to cut tails is you limited your shots greatly, and spammed the upswing and the sidehop.
Of course that limited you to seregios only.

I dont remember my GL being disruptive to the team when I used it a lot in 4u, but that might've been because I was using a LS GL

user, i'm not a scrub.
I bet you guys don't even Might Pill when someone else is riding the boss.

Actually in Gen you wail on the boss during a mount. The mounter doesn't get knocked off anymore

Yeah, that helps.

Calm your tits sally, we all did our gotcha bitch here over the years.
Aerial GS does have some advantages, it keeps you on the target at all times.
It's true that the damage is lower but i'd argue that the fact that instead of timing shit you are -on- what you want to hit spamming lvl 3 all the time that are 100% sure to hit makes your damage more reliable.
Well, at least in theory.

Woah really? I've been lowering my deeps this entire time for no reason, what the fuck.

I just really like Lances, I'm pretty pissed that I'm forced to play striker just to have my fucking triple poke. I ended up just giving up on the whole triple poke and just went full adept for the FREE GEMLESS SKILLS

And?
Did you know Might Pill gives you more part damage too, meaning it can help to break Diablos/Rajang horns faster?
And i think it also makes the KO counter go up faster with the Hammer, but only slightly.

Wait what

Actually there's been a lot of testing on this, Guild outdamages it except against really mobile monsters like the Narga. Also there's heated debate on Aerial GS on weather or not to botch your mounts on purpose because of how little damage you get off a successful topple.

No I mean in Gen you're wailing on the monster during a mount unlike in 4 which was just prep time for hunters who weren't the mounter.

Adept guard is basically Guard+10, Constitution+10 and Guard Up

Sounds like a pretty good buff to the Lance :^)

What he said.

It's super stronk

What's the payback for adept blocking again?
A full bullet reload?
And does it work with auto-guard?

I can still never get the fucking timing on it, it's good but you have to really git gud to use it well.

reload and if you keep swinging sends you straight into the full discharge combo finisher.

for gunlance, its a full reload, upswing that does decent motion, but it also allows you to immediately go into a slim and full charge.

Really great for normal lancing because you can just spam the full charge for fucking days.

We actually talked about this in another thread, leading to the idea that maybe aerial damage and mounting should be separate somehow.

Like, have weapons just do aerial damage with no mounting and focus on doing damage, a lot of people in the community would like this "separation".

That'd kill aerials role in groups though.
It'd be fantastic for solo-ing though

It would have to be customizable.
You can basically choose to just benefit from the "aerial attacks" from some weapons without having to bother to topple the boss constantly maybe with a slight damage boost too.
Or you can go full baguette and topple every 2 minutes.

the only thing that bothered me with adept guarding was that you couldn't guard mid combo. You had to backhop to animation cancel so that you could instant guard, or just be not attacking at all waiting for the gaurd, which lowers deeps.

Eh, I think it could do without the damage boost, Just from not having to do the mount in aerial style your DPS would already increase drastically when solo, and in groups there's no reason to not do mount damage

You know you can press B to dismount, right?

it's the animation taking up the time of 2 full GS level 3 charges with aerial.
It hurts your DPS a lot.

How about all the styles become customizable and have things you can sacrifice for certain benefits?
So you can custom tailor a style around your specific playstyle.
Now that would be interesting.

How about you give me your ass and i spank it?

It kinda bothers me that gunlance has the best dps for just general infinite poking, yet LS has only one viable option near end game

Capcom definitely already does every single time i gotta import a new Basara, i know that burning sensation on my ass cheeks all too well.

To be fair the max amount of pokes with the ammo loadup skill goes up to 12, alternated with 6 shots, before you have to reload.

LS Gunlance has the best dps out of all the GL for general poking**

I don't know how I fucked up that statement that hard, I blame sleep deprivation.

LS was the most efficent at it because it did the 2nd best shell damage uncharged while still having a decent amount of shells.

Funnily enough it's also the best for full bursting if you have load up and don't want to use dragon's breath for whatever reason.
It's only 8 points of nonscaling worse than normal, excluding fire because that's too unpredictable.
So you get a bit more versatility and damage from poking too.

But that's only if you don't want to use dragon's breath which adds a stupid amount of damage for normal because of the number of shots

I really hate how they just gave so little fucking love to LS users. Like, it's legit the only fucking GL that has ever been worth using because it had the closest versatility to an normal lance.

oh yeah, no clue why they decided to do that. GL feels like the one they just tossed darts at a board for each GL and whatever section it landed in was the shot type.

It's still the best one imo.
To get the same kind of DPS from a NS one you have to spam the discharge, and thus the load too, making you EXTREMELY VULNERABLE.
WS is cool if you wanna do a mostly shell battle, but horrible for multiplayer.

just like everything else this gen!

I guess I'm going to go back to prowler again because I can't stand actually holding my handheld to use the touchscreen for hunter arts 2 and 3, and a ps3 controller is just so fucking comfier to play MHG/X on.

Wait,
how do you play MHG with a dualshock?

CFW, NTR, Enable Debugger, input redirection and Xpadder for binding the dpad to the right analog stick. (the script doesn't support C stick or ZL and ZR buttons currently, but everything else works.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-with-your-gamecube-controller-in-your-3ds-without-hardmod.435788/

works fine online without ANY input lag too, just requires custom firmware and a wifi router which you no doubt have unless you're just all about the LONE HUNTER.

youtu.be/Spy1jjPsMFM

You can also use the same NTR plugins to stream your 3ds screen to your monitor over the same wifi signal, but it doesn't really work that well because I noticed it caused noticable input lag.

Might be possible on a dual band router though.

GL was the worst weapon in 4u.
Now, with styles, it can be pretty great. Have no trouble soloing stuff with it, be it deviant or hyper.

What? Did you even play 4u online?

Too late, faggot.

I wasn't double dipping on attack modifiers.

Are you one of those guys that had trouble with basic reading?

Lads I can't play online for some reason.

Could you play online before?
Do you use CFW if yes, which one and what's the last time you've updated your firmware?

I have played before, I'm not a pirate tho.

Also it gives me the error "003-1102".
What does it mean?

It definitely had anti cheat because I saved scummed extensively.

I didn't participate in the conversation, I was just an observer.

Anyone know a good upgrade from the sergios GS?
Even better if it matches my black armour set

Even if you are not a pirate, there is still a requirement of having an up to date fw to play online.
Also, they could be doing maintenance, ask others if they can connect.

Try googling.

Observer or not, doesn't make you safe from not being able to read. Not that 10-20 post discussion is easy to track in a 300 post thread.
Basically, my main mistake was that I've just confused the art god with art exp at the start and used the shell numbers that were relevant before the mhx's additional nerf. Anything else was born from people not being able to read and projecting their own retardation onto me.
Well, it could have an anti cheat system, I'm just saying that it wasn't as flawless as you claim it was and that there are workarounds over what you've described as unhackable aspects.

Sere GS is a thing of its own. Check out a combination of green GSes with blunt edge. Otherwise you might start planning for handicraft and potentially another armor set entirely.

Why are there so few hammerbros?

Because KO damage was nerfed to the ground in 4u and haven't been changed still in mhx, while other weapons got buffed or tweaked.
And exhaust damage was alway trash on it, especially online, since it requires using a very disruptive and additionally boring move.

Can someone make a chart like the Mario Kart character selection one but with MH weapons?
Here's what I'm talking about.

I'm using hammer.

God fucking dammit what INS'T nerfed?

Here is my take on one of the older versions.

Everything that got buffed, obviously. And styles make up for a way bigger discussion that I don't really want to partake it.

Dude you were using so much shit that didn't exist.
You were using 150 base as your damage which isn't even possible without artillery master which isn't even in gen. Then multiplying that by master again for whatever reason, and then bombardier, and then the burst modifier again.

I filtered you after you sperged out about how fixed damage isn't fixed when you feel that it doesn't so I don't know where it went from there.

They definitely reinforced it in monster hunter X then, because it's super severe now, I've had to make sure even the 4 bytes of RNG related code matches up to the skills I've selected or the game will determine my palico as illegal, even if its skill combination follows the rules seen here. Someone ended up having to make a palico generator just for to use with the save editor because you had to know the Exact 8 random RNG generated characters that your perfect cat would be generated with.

Get the fuck outta here.

Slap on some bonus colors for my ass and we have a deal.

Look, I've fixed myself later. 139+42 for normal FB(LU)+Artexp+bombardier and 199+102 for same shit with dragon's breath.

I don't see a problem with it.
Imagine how much it'd take to explain every fucking thing. Though it must be obvious that at this point it's kinda unfinished.

Anything else wasn't done by me.

No, I meant one that speaks of the player's personality itself, not how the weapon works.

Read the "" note under the weapon's name. Also another pic. Other than that, I don't think I've seen such thing other than some memetrash of how one user sees the other one.

CB shield needs to get charged to get to SS rating, should've been "A- to SS" or something, and you don't have many options out of a guard
The more I read it the more it hurts. I guess after a gorillion hours of playing from gen 1 every guide type thing just seems like a shallow and uneducated opinion. I'll should probably leave now.

Lad that is not enough and won't quench my autism.

You done goofed, still. You didn't truncate properly.
It's 138 for normal with bombadier.
(16*1.1*1.1*1.2)*6=23*6 (because you have to truncate because it's 6 hits not 1 and the game doesn't do decimals)=138 flat with the bonuses described.
198 fixed for Dragon's breath.
I'm not including the fire because it's completely monster dependent and you got the fire before resists right.

But holy fuck I want to call you a massive dumbass because you had no clue how to do the calculation at all and were talking like you were god's gift. That was hilariously pathetic and you should feel ashamed.

Posting the fixed version.

>implying mhx isn't 4.5

I agree, maybe I should spend some time fixing it. Maybe not, since it'll take a fuckhuge amount to effort to make an objective comparison.

If I were here to create a banter I'd say that your a autistic. Instead I'll say that you are overdoing it.
Only way it could make difference if it was a difference between x*10 and x*10-1 since stagger limits.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm quite used to having trouble connecting with others, so I don't really care anymore.

curious, are you just always using a vpn or do you post from a mobile network? because your ID always changes every time you post, every time I've seen you in these threads.

VPN, proxies to be exact. 8ch is considered here to be an extremist site filled with terrorists 4chan is clean though, fucking jews, so this is the only way I can access it.

Damn son, that's edgy. Send me your address so I can send you a trench-coat and fedora.
also you seem to still be unable to grasp the concept of it being fixed damage
It does not change not matter what.

There's The skeletal GS with blunt/AUL/Crit Draw. Downside, you have to kill the most boring fight in the game
But honestly Blunt's pretty bad for GS it's a fairly small boost and unless the sword has obscene raw and enough green sharpness it's not worth it.

What country does that?
Just curious.

I'm guessing its public vpn since it bounces you around so rapidly den.

Are you sure you are not confusing hitzones with stagger limits?

Сукаблиять, раш б дебил

I thought they considered this place to be full of pedos and not terrorists.
Also do they sell MH in russian?

[Distant muffled cheeki breeki]

Whatever, point is you were still wrong even after "fixing" it. And now you're a lone wolf who doesn't "connect" with people.
And you're still full of yourself, it just doesn't get any better

HAHAHAHAH
THAT MUST BE WHY I STUN EVERY BOSS AT LEAST TWICE A BATTLE BEFORE IT DIES, SOMETIMES 4-5 TIMES
LOL GIT GUD SCRUB AND EAT FOR FELINE KO ALREADY

I've been also been curious if that stacks with knockout king. I'd love have some knock outs while playing prowler

Go play online and Make France Great Again.
We need good bugstick users, expecially for guild quests where it's hard to mount

I gotta test it out, waiting to make a Brachidium Armor to see if it's worth the Brawn skill.
Besides high raw means more stuns, don't be afraid to use fencing on that sweet uklanos hammer.

do you need lance users? I'm fucking bored

These should all be updated taking into account styles variations.
For example Adept LS not tripping other people anymore when used correctly and so on.

No, they are selling mh in dollarydoos, without accounting for the consumer ability. :^) I think in comparison, 4u costed around 100$-120$ at release
Nah, I got what you've meant. It's in english, but even if there was a russian translation, no one fucking cares about 3ds here past the point of nintendo rehash series. Game stores don't stock on anything but mainstream garbage, and even then I think they are selling at a loss, since I barely get any streetpasses in the capital.
Pedos terrorists, all the same thing.

Whatever you say too, pal.

It's like you're into losing.

Even if it's seregios, i don't see the point. You could as well load wyvern fire rounds into your HBG and call it a GL.

Lance is great.
What game?
I can make a 4U room on the fly.
I sure hope you're G Rank

Are you fucking retarded?

[calculates in slav]

I believe styles would require at least another gen row and a whole bigger scale of analyze.

This.

Can you read? Or
Do you know how hard rub to $ exchange rate fell at the time?

Shelling with the seregios GL is used mostly to approach the boss with the mini-sprint, or to punish flying bosses over your head.
What you should do is have evade dist, and sidehop a lot, while using X+A to do the upswing, and if you have an opening, combo it into the slam.
This way you have higher reach than the lance, and as far as i can tell, higher damage too.
I can cut a gravios or devijho tail whithouth ever tripping it or using traps.

My 4u save perished in the great beyond

I was G3

So are there any rooms up right now for 4U, Gen, or X or is this like the fighting game thread where everyone posts in the thread but nobody actually plays with each other?

I can read, but you seem to have difficulties getting your point across. MH4U didn't "cost $100-$120", it cost $60 like in the west, but the rouble exchange rate tanked to almost twice as low right on the time of its release, making all console games (and other wares with prices locked to their western equivalents) briefly twice as expensive. Not the same thing by far.

I'll pass. This seems like some kind of chimera wannabe regular evade lance style.

I'm not even sure my playstyle would even fit multiplayer, since it's patiently getting extracts and then turning into an angry wrecking ball. I mostly just use vault to break hard to reach parts and for clear mounting shots.
Biggest weakness of the IG as far as I'm concerned is that some monsters are an absolute bitch to triple extract, even with marking.

I want to play, but it requires me to work up motivation to play Gen and my 4u save is gone

There's some rooms posted occasionally but if you're looking for a hunting hotspot /mhg/ on /vg/ is the main chan MH community.

This place is more for discussion and getting mad at things.

Set something up yourself, see if maybe someone joins.

Daily reminder that if you haven't spent some time with every weapon, then you're a shallow shitter who denies themselves 15/16ths of the game's content.

I've spent time with every weapon in every game except insect glaive. Can I get a free pass?

yeah if you want to play with some of the worst players I've seen.
I saw a guy triple cart to a seltas. A FUCKING SELTAS.

You should have 3 weapons you're proficient with, and a general knowledge of all the other weapons to understand their role and positioning online (and avoid busting people's balls).

1 main weapon

2 secondaries you're very well versed in as backups

As far as i'm concerned this has always been enough in terms of basic requirements.

I feel you.

Except that if the boss falls on the ground or bounces me i have other options, but lance doesn't.
You just wanna reduce shelling to prevent sharpness loss.

4U ;)
07-1942-1416-8286

Not hard. You do have a triple extend kinsect, do you?

1/16ths of the content is waiting for you, user.
But in honesty, I believe each hunter worth their salt should main at least two melee and one ranged weapon. At least.

Actual 8ch mh lobbies are a secrit group inside a secrit group. Two to be exact. One of which have burned out by playing mhx instead of waiting for mhgen. Other one is full of faggots to my knowledge.

From a native consumer perspective it's the same thing.

Daily reminder that if you haven't spent some time with every weapon in every generation with every mhgen and every meta style, then you're a shallow shitter who denies themselves 15/16ths of the game's content. :^)

Depends on the game really.
Back in MH3P that was my main hunting group but i did some handpicking to form a stable group that would always hunt together.
The situation isn't much better here if you just go with randos, ultimately both games are pools you're meant to pick the best players from and form regular groups.

*both boards

But insect glaives just look so fucking unfun and uninteresting, I even watched like 3 gaijin hunter videos and researched all over the place, I understand how they work mechanically, I've just never touched them with my own hands because I think they're the gayest weapon ever put into the game, right next to I liked it

Password is 8888

I'll be there. You hunting anything specific?

I just checked >>>/vg/ and the last post in that thread is from last year and the board looks pretty dead as well or did you mean halfchan's /vg/? If it's the latter, I'd rather play by myself.

>I just checked >>>/vg/ and the last post in that thread is from last year
What?
No, of course i meant halfchan /vg/, our /vg/ is absolutely dead.
Hell i didn't even know we -had- a /vg/, i completely forgot about it.

Join the room faggots.
MH4U: 07-1942-1416-8286
Pass: 8888

/vg/ isn't that bad to be honest, they circle jerk a lot, but reddit kind've contained itself into Holla Forums.

Reddit is definitely like a good 60% of the Holla Forums population now though for sure.

In terms of players it's all the same shit really.
There's this myth going on that people here are better at video games but that's absolutely not true at all.

hah no thanks

Hah, that's 100% not fucking true. I can see evidence of it all over the thread.

I'm totally fine with us staying the gregor boogeyman of the internet though, keeps this place pure longer.

Speak for yourself tbh

Some lad needs help in generations?

How should I break this to you?

Like a HH would break a monster's head.
You don't.

FUCK

This place is pretty danm pure in comparison to the other place, most of the people here who keep calling each other out is really just infighting. I'm not saying it won't happen eventually and that a redditor has never posted here before, but it's definitely happening yet.

I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or not at this point.

Oh god you're being serious, aren't you?

So I'm playing through 4U, on Caravan 6 now, and I've noticed some quests seem to be just… disappearing. Some Caravan 5 and 6 quests that I've done already will just appear and disappear after doing a quest. Is this supposed to happen?

New room: 68-5134-6225-3422
Same pw

I think you mis interpreted my statement, I was agreeing with you a knee slapping re affirmation.

You're a delusional little fukkboi who prolly came here on the seconds exodus. Begone.

Spotted the tumblrette.

Right, and i'm the one that's new here.

takes one to know one.

>having any social media at all

I TOLD YALL ABOUT THAT INFIGHTING.

Say what now? GL was fucking awesome in 4U. It's complete ass now in MHGenerations. The heat gauge makes playing GL a pain in the ass, having to constantly tend to your timing of your shots, keeping you from just being able to blast monters and in the face and poke as you please, instead now you get punished for blasting too much, as if there's such a thing. also, no Artillery God in MHG. If you played GL in MH4U without Artillery God or AT LEAST Artillery Expert then you were doing it fucking wrong.

Source: my +750 hours maining GL in MH4U

Just use dragons breath to lock your guage. Wyvern fire locks it too. Then shell all you want.

That's only temporary though. Also,
they're shit. They don't belong in Monster Hunter, not

What kind of sharpness loss? It's a goddamn seregios weapon with an evade based style. Be consistent.

Triggered?

Then don't play generations and go back to 4u, otherwise I don't know what to tell you fam, you pretty much HAVE to use them or you're being highly ineffective. Just do what I do and play adept so you only ever have to deal with 1 of them.

You're not talking to native consumers, though. I first though you were BR because that's literally how much games and hardware cost there in USD because of import laws.

Well since you've researched and tried them, that counts as using them in my book.

Hey, how would a vidya bar be?

It's like a gay bar but with a lot more cocksucking going on.

I once was in a vidya bar in Paris. It was fucking abysmal. Like a regular bar, but with reddit tier vidya references all over, and a couple vacant consoles.

I'd like to think of it as an internet cafe where nobody ever actually drinks or does anything but plays overwatch. Then occasionally /tg/ bursts in and tries to convince people to play pathfinder.

GL was the worst weapon in the endgame of 4u, maybe decent or even good at midgame, I don't know, I don't care. There are barely any armored monsters to make advantage of off an explosion damage, apex shits on the explosion mechanic and pretty much anything besides GL got some kind of a speed buff. GL relics are the worst fucking relics in the game and GL as the worst performing weapon has the least amount of multiplayer utility.
If you can't manage heat gauge, you might as well check yourself for being retarded, because it's piss easy to hold it in at least orange for the whole hunt. And I'm not even talking about having artillery skills or DB HA.
And if you are bursting like crazy, heat gauge doesn't affect you at fucking all. However shell damage was nerfed a bit too.
Also this
Generations has boosted GL with styles and if you don't like them, then you are responsible for hurting yourself.

Look, you've explained it properly the first time for everyone else to get, I don't think we need to argue about this any longer.
I could additionally point out though that we don't get our paychecks in green, so we couldn't compensate for that and still can't.

You can sure do without them, but they feel way too cheap most of the time, as does the adept style. They raise your efficiency by an insane amount.

there's one in australia
it's pretty mediocre
better to just drink at home with your own games or with friends

That's all of south korea.
I'm not even joking, SC2 is dead in SK because it has been replaced by OW completely.
What you're describing is every single gaming center in SK right now.

That was literally the joke…

Was it? I just assumed you were guessing, didn't think it was a joke.

That's GL all right. One of my hunter buddies mains exclusively GL and SA, and every time he's got a GL, he sends us flying regularly. I also spent a good amount of time and effort convincing him that a wyvern fire blast is not the best way to wake a sleeping monster.
You'd think he would get better since FU.

I honestly expected better clearing times though for the LBG.

IS this contest for 4th generation?

Don't feel too bad, I'm retarded and likely autistic.

if someone was wyvern firing a sleeping monster in my room I'd flat out kick them from the room as soon as the quest was over. That shit is completely inexcusable.

heh
and yeah a little I guess. It's my favorite weapon ever. It was my secondary go-to in MH3U, and my main in MH4U, and it's fucking criminal what they've done to it in MHG. God I hope they change it back to normal in 5/5U

That's what I've been doing, but I don't even use GL in MHGen because it's so unbearable, but I'm pretty burned out now anyway at this point.

shit, they break horns/faces and claws like no tomorrow. Shelling is fantastic for just breaking parts in general, and then you can even cut the tail on top of that.

I never said it was unmanageable, I said it's a pain in the ass to deal with. All the fun of GunLance for me was being able to stab and blast as much as I wanted to without any sort of repercussions of course being careful of teammates

Also, why the fuck would you speed clear with a slower moving weapon like GL in the first place? It's about having fun blasting monsters away and breaking everything they have to break. OF COURSE if you want speed you'd go for something like GS, IG, CB, or DB. That's a fucking no-brainer. But I don't play for speed, I play for fun and for breaks. And MHG made GL much less fun admittedly, some weps got better like Bow and SnS

Have you tried prowler mode yet?

Prowler mode is decently fun as long as you use that one boomerang build which is the singular playable build in the game.

yeah, Prowler is actually enjoyable. I forget about it a lot though since I usually just look through weapons, but it's of the best things about MHG. Needs work though, since Boomberang is pretty much the only viable thing about Prowler. Gathering is a breeze at least.

I was thinking, why don't they expand prowler mode so that each type of cat plays COMPLETELY differently?
Like all their attacks are different and focused on what they're good at in terms of type, imagine each type of prowler being like a different type of weapon.
It would be amazing.

There is two ways to viably play prowler actually, Make a pure guard build with guard boost and counter boost , guard up, and counter boost.

It's obviously nowhere near the deeps of boomerang, but it's definitely fun.

Agreed. That would be pretty fantastic to see

You can expect this in the next installment, probably. Prowler mode seems like an experimental gimmick for now.
I really loved that they brought the scrap system back from 3p though, there's something very endearing about making an outfit for your palico from odds and pieces left over from your human equipment crafting.

Well yeah this team invented it in the first place so they were like "what the fuck are you doing, this is how we intended it to work".

Ironically, if you wanted to make a pure support Prowler that only buffed people, I think charisma would probably be the best bet. Just because the healing type has to be in a DIFFERENT area just to gain any support gauge. Obv healing bias is best if it's AI controlled though, since they dont use the support guage system. Though a bombing type might work too, I haven't sat down and fiddled with it.

DUDE MH STORIES LMAO

What's the point when you have boosted quest rewards in general, subquest rewards, miraculous luck and capture god(all at the same time no less)? And CB cookie cutter that not only ignores armor, but also stuns, applies status, mobile and safe to use.

No, you are responsible for looking at it as it's still the same weapon with the same meta(especially since GL got fundamentally changed with pretty much each generation, like would you expect). I can feel a bit for you, but come on.

Also, aerial normal GL is fucking insane, it is in no way the same weapon, but makes it so much different that it could be incredibly fun. Or incredibly boring since you are executing one move over and over and over and over and over again. You could switch it up with dragon's blast though.
Like let me present you one point for example, you can now easily do practical burst gotcha bitch staggers.

fix

Prowler mode made me feel like they put it in the game for people who just wanted to hunt and have fun without any headache. My friend constantly whined about how monster hunter sucked because it was grindier than a pay to win korean game. He said prowler actually made the game enjoyable. So it definitely has an aspect of making the game more acceptable to newer players who don't want to dwelve deep into the full experience.

That said though, I definitely think with all their positives, that they shouldn't be able to pull out the level of damage they can. Like, there should be tons of viable build variety, but they should have still shit awful clear times on the fact that they're cats. I think they'll definitely revise the palico system heavily next game.

It's honestly looking alright for a side game, much higher production values than i expected.
Dunno if it's gonna come out in the west tho.

I just realised it doesn't have CB and IG

Yep, prowler felt like "the little sister mode" for me as well when I tried it. But if you ARE going to minmax, it'll be a huge grind fest, just rolling a palico with the skills and moves you want is already a tremendous pain in the ass.

It probably wont, considering that none of the other spinoff games have came to the west.

I already have 3 perfect palicos if you want me to share.

A fighter, an assist and a healer.

How perfect? I got a fighter with big+piercing Boomerangs, dung bomb, health horn, emergency escape; boomerang pro, last stand, earplugs and some kind of applicable attack up, the only way for him to be better is if he had shock or pitfall trap.

He's also pure white with purple eyes. Green/blue/purple palicoes are an abomination and I wouldn't hire them even if they had perfect skills. Fashion hunter first and foremost.

Gathering type palicoes are surprisingly good at stripping materials off monsters. With the right skills it's like having a separate reward line, and they can snatch gems and plates as well.

Bebare your anus.

Piercing, Shock trap, flash bomb, big boomerang, ultrasonic horn, dung bomb, emergency retreat.
(I don't list generic skills that come with every palico)

Skills
Knockout King, EarPlugs, Crit up S, Crit up L, Boomerang Pro, World's Strongest as learned skill from a jap who gave me his transfered save palico.

And of course it's fighting.
Nice neutral colored felyne coat that looks like a felyne you'd see on the box art, has perky ears, squinty eyes, and a bushy tail.

and he's named

Felyne Fun

his comment is Certified Felyne.

gathering palicos are great AI wise, I was talking about a prowler though.

I have several sub-perfect cats that have:
And around 3-4 useful skills. Could show them off later if you are interested.

*uhrp* *pop* nice. Even though fighting isn't perfect, I'd still like that cat shared.

Sign me the fuck up.
Who'll do the lobby?

I have an assist cat with literally identical stats, but he's named felyne Pal instead of felyne fun.

I'm one of those autists who scouts by looks so my cats all look like certified felynes.

I'm autistic. Someone make a room.

What?
The fuck was that?

I'm launching the game.

I'm sorry.

You want the fighter one or the assist, they're pretty much identical except for the biases.

Palico share room.
53-4638-3607-3444
[muffled cheeki breeki in the distance]

Why not both?

Naturally. Gen even made it easier. And you're absolutely right, if conditions aren't perfect, red suffices. But some monsters are hard to get even a red from, and when small monsters have fled, this is where trouble starts.

I guess I'll just give you all 3 then, you're going to want this support cat too.

Underwater could work provided Capcom took the time to fix its core problems. But this is a yearly series so axing it is all they'll do.

Oh my god just give up, it's never coming back.

If it does, I'll fly over there and give each and every faggot responsible for this a Fukushima-seawater-enema.

Will be sharing that puss.

Also styles are gonna stay fucking IN whatever the bitter faggots in this general like it or not.
What is going to be completely reworked/removed/redesigned are gonna be hunter arts.
But styles are in and they aren't going anywhere.

Source: user's ass

Oh yeah?
You motherfuckers, i grow chili peppers in my garden.
If in MH5 styles are removed i swear to fucking god i'll stick 5 of them right up my ass, film the entire thing and post it here.
How about that?
Because styles are -in- and they're gonna stay -in-, end of story.

Source: user's peppered up ass

Capped.
You better deliver.

Thanks to whoever transferred these three cats to the cheeky maid with a parasol.

Someone broke the hall by connecting.
28-4843-0628-1842
[subdued сука блять in the vicinty]
Sharing perfect cats.

That "Felyne Fun" cat didn't have the Jap DLC skill for no armor, though.

but it did, its the learned skill, its called world's strongest

Nope, not showing for me.

Thanks for sharing those furry lil' shits, faggot.

Why do you guys fuck it up, thank this guy

You need to teach them the skill on your end.

That kind of defeats the purpose. I wish I'd asked for the original jap dlc cat.

???

!!!

I will master the puss.

The 7 types

They will all become viable palicos or prowlers, I swear on it.

God speed fam.

I`ve been using Adept/Striker SnS for awhile now are there any other weapons that are as fast and fun as SnS that you guys recommend trying out ?.

I literally said it wasn't. Either way all I said was that if they fixed how sluggish and awkward it was it could be improved. I don't see why that triggered you.

Anyone still got a mhg room running?

Didn't they kill the servers for the PS2 games years ago?

Yeah I'm fairly certain all PS2 stuff is gone unless fans are reviving it like with RE:Outbreak. I think 427e23 mean Generations though.

Monster Hunter Generations user

Christ, these foreign titles just confuse everything. It's like they don't realize we already had an MHG, and have had a "G" for every generation of the franchise already.

New thread

Get out Holla Forums.