What is the best soccer game?

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/River_City_Soccer_Hooligans_(U)/51081
store.steampowered.com/app/451180/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You mean football.

Football manager

Technically yes but inept ameritards have a brain meltdown when you call it football.

Gonna throw a bit of oldfag /sp/ memes out.

Which one is the best of them though?

fucking degenerates

Its all the same game, jews gonna jew. Same with fifa, madden, etc. Same shit different year.

You use your foot to kick a ball.
Football.

Soccer? What's that? Some of my favorite Football games are

Football = Game where you kick ball into goal

Soccer = Football thanks to Brits making uo shitty terms and America adopting them

Gridiron football = The type of football played in America that's played with an oval shaped ball (Mainly known as American Football or in America just "Football"

You are a joke americunt

Here u go bud. Also 7 is good too

Aww yes I love myself some soccer/football, lemme dump my own favorites and tell me yours

Too true

That's like asking which modern FIFA/PES is the best: the answer is just pick one and edit the rosters/stats or find someone autistic enough to do that for you and never bother buying newer versions. PES 2016 looks gorgeous as fuck on the Fox Engine but I guarantee you it'll always be the same game but with slight changes that no one really gives a shit about, unless you're the type of person that can't manage the whole 11 and has to rely on AI and assisted controls.

why live

I prefer 6 but it's pretty tight too mate

Pes wins until 09/10

true that, Konami went full juden after years of improving the titles

I enjoy fifa with friends.
We buy the yearly iterations mostly for the new transfers, migrating playerbase and game improvements.
You're welcome to meme all you want about rebuying yearly iterations. If you don't want to, I believe fifa 15's piracy has been cracked, not sure about 16. But do give it a try, once you get past the learning curve, it's way too much fun, especially with friends.
Just don't play anything older than fifa 13. There were no one touch mechanics pre13, so you could ping the ball around like pinball with perfect control in every game before 13.

Inazuma Eleven on DS/3DS are all great too, I highly suggest buying those games. I've not played PES, but I'm sure those games are great too. Keep in mind PES tries to emulate the game in real life (referees make mistakes, players can dive) while Fifa tries to make the perfect game (pixel perfect referee/offside calls, which can be great or infuriating).

EA and Konami can't handle stats for shit, CR7 is the Tiger Woods of soccer games for no other reason but that he's popular. To EA's credit, they do keep them updated during the season and counting the injuries (unlike Konami who does fuckall but randomize non-top players' stats), but never forget that they willingly release games filled with technical, graphical and network bugs just to pretend to fix them in the following iteration.

I think you got them mixed up, PES always made efforts to keep the game fun and arcadish but sacrificed a lot of the realism whereas FIFA tended to strive for a more realistic approach (even in 2000 they made some damn realistic approaches to moving around the pitch). Now they're nearly indistinguishable corporate blobs.

Sensible soccer

Came here to post this, don't forget the sequel and its remake on the DS, nothing like playing football where you can cripple the entire enemy team while dodging tornadoes and lightning bolts.

Can't find it mate, is it just for moonrunes speakers?

There was a megaman football game. I forgot the name but I used to play it with my brother a lot.

It's on the original DS, there's an english release, you can download it here emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/River_City_Soccer_Hooligans_(U)/51081

Why wasn't I informed of this, thanks mate, have a lewd

Are there any "supernatural" soccer games? Like I remember some low budget cartoon where it was like space football and everyone could jump incredible heights and take like 2 minutes kicking a football because it was so strong and shit like that.

Fifastreet was cool

best game

there is a new pc fifastreet
store.steampowered.com/app/451180/

I need your help Holla Forums.
I need the name of this football arcade game i played many years ago, it's gimmick was that you played with humanoid robots similar to gundam, rather than humans, complete with jet boosting and stuff.

Inazuma Eleven is pretty supernatural fam, they fight against aliens, robots and saint seyas using super moves and jjba's stands
Other than that there's Captain Tsubasa, the original barely natural soccer animu, then I guess some western football cartoons that I don't really remember much about other than looking like 2007 dA tier art.

Speaking of games, you might wanna try one of these. Super Shot Soccer has you summon fucking Big Band and Statue of Liberty during shooting animations, Taito Power Goal forces you to drop quarters to get free goals and there was another 3D soccer game I remember you could get one power up depending on the nation (i.e. Brazil had super feints, Germany an overpowered curving shot etc.) and the final stage had you play against all those powered up players combined, they're waaaay too many to remember to be honest.

patrician tastes but time did it no favors

it was called Megaman Soccer and it was shit even though the idea of making up your own team and them having that weird color scheme was pretty grand.

I never played the street series or urban kind of soccer outside of pic related, how are they?

The urban one is really really fun especially the career mode.The problem with them is that you'll get bored after like 3 to 4 hours after you've seen all the moves. I can't comment on fifa street because I didn't own them but played them at friends.

What happened?

Pretty much the same deal. I also remember it being really hard near the end.

essentially true. to be fair, they make good improvements from game to game - for example, adding player training in fifa 16 manager career, and of course adding new modes to ultimate team. shit on EA all you want, but they are supporting their game and keeping it fresh.

agreed. player stats are actually a result of collective fan input. you can apply to be a stat suggestor guy, but they make you create a custom player based off someone IRL to "vet" you first. but yes, players not in the no #1 team in a non-english league will be grossly underrated, especially those in obscure leagues like eredivise.

I disagree, you are wrong. for a guy like ronaldo to be broken down and analysed as much as he has been, and to STILL continue to perform like an absolute rock star WHILE slowly aging (though his play is changing) is nothing but the result of incredible talent and an unrelenting desire to be the best.

The FIFA license is owned by EA. It's bad because of all the EA negatives - yearly iterations, focus on game modes that make them money (ultimate team).
But it's also good for a few reasons - all that EA money gives the game a lot of support, especially for certain online game modes (ultimate team), that EA money gets good licensed music (which you can customise and turn off), and of course, that delicious money gets the weekly form tracker, which buffs or nerfs players depending on their real life form.

Either way, there's no denying that even though a lot of the games in this thread are fun, they aren't going to get close to the realism of the newer corporate games. Don't let that stop you from enjoying vidya all the same friendo

This is why I learn Japanese

My nigga

aight thanks brev

Konami had two soccer IPs, International Superstar Soccer and Winning Eleven/PES, the first was the best one before the switch to 3D where the latter started outshining the first. They tried to make the games as idiotically fun as possible, so you could do weirdass tricks, add dog referees and play on ostriches and dressed as penguins or cavemen. Konami's idea was that the game had to be fun before realistic, which sometimes meant having some godlike players run the whole field and scoring all by themselves.
Conversely, EA tried to make a good soccer game for a while with various FIFA iterations, where they tried to 1) Have as many licensed teams and leagues as possible 2) Introduce as much realism as the given console allowed them to and 3) Tried to make more calculated strategies feel rewarding, which lead to some stale matches in some of the games. Plus they let you hit the goalkeeper and edit faces, which was tight as fuck.

Then both of them realized that, oh shit, most of the people actually buying these games don't give a shit about anything but "muh rosters" and the four or five strongest teams of that given year, so they dropped any innovation they were making early in the series and started pumping out soulless clones. Konami tried to at least add innovations like more complex "Story Modes" of sort and adding in-depth trick systems, EA just copied all of that shit and poured loads of money into securing licensing all for themselves. Then they kind of just gave up on trying to be the better one and now they're mostly the same game each iteration, except FIFA is way buggier and PES has a tenth of the teams and you gotta edit almost everything to make it presentable for less than a year's worth of play.

They should drop the fucking collision detection imo, that's the actually important "fresh" part that they're so hell bent on keeping in.
And that's why it's fucking bullshit, obviously the teams with the strongest following will want all their team members to be the strongest, doesn't matter if the likes of Chelsea or Juventus buy shoddy players and relegate them to the bench for the whole season. Conversely, a shit team with some fantastic players loaned by other teams will have said player be absolutely average and unusable. Taking fan suggestion on power rankings but avoiding the hard pressing issues is the dumbest thing any developer can do. It's volvo levels of dumb.
CR7 is talented don't get me wrong, but you can't expect me to take the game seriously if I could put him in any position and expect him to do well all the time.
They stopped adding bearable music as early as the 2010's, sadly
Nah it never has, I play the same games I shit on just cause it's the only way to have fun with my mates. Still though it's nice to see people with a different experience tell you their opinions on the series as a whole.

You don't really need to understand moonrunes to play it, it's pretty accessible in all its iterations and the story is just as insane without understanding a word of it.

Can you edit players in the LEGO one, I remember picking up a rom for the gba version and feeling utter disappointment

The best

Degenerate non sport.

Not Championship Manager back when the developmental team wasn't split up.

3D-match-engine was always cancer.

jesus christ sports anime is bullshit

Fucking plebs. People that said Virtua Striker and Mario Strikers are fine tho

Redcard.

Lets you dropkick players, boot them in the face and do all sorts of things most games dont let you. The only other football game I can think of to do that is Three Lions (PS1).

Also you can play as a team of dolphins, SWAT, samurai and other shit.

It's actually the better port of Super Sidekicks 2 mate

So it's like a western version of the Kunio-kun football games? I gotta play that shit.

Inazoomer thread?
INAZOOMER THREAD.

Which game you like the most fam
IE2 the best because it's faster than IE1 but it doesn't have the bullshit Team Tactics that just fuck all over your strategy.

Holy shit

Inazuma eleven series is really enjoyable
the first few games more so than the Go games storywise though

As you can tell by the mass amount of replies you're receiving.

I feel that the first games were waaaay too slow compared to the later ones, but they lost a lot of style in the transition from the more "summer playtime on the field" to the one with generic animu characters and Stands.

This one is good, if you like the arcade feel

That's Virtua Strikers right?

Well, what do you call real football then?

Wacky Tackle Inflatable Egg Game?

Define real football.

The real man's game where fiberglass helmets are worn, the ball is shaped like a badminton birdie for maximum velocity and aerodynamics, dogpiling onto other players is encouraged, and it has the best team in the world that would kill any of those pussy krauts who rig every World Cup just by staring at them funny (pic related).

probably the monkey soccer minigame in ape escape 2

dont you have muslims to sweep off your porch?

Girls your countries all a shit, just give us some cool divegrass games already

ive never heard anyone speak ill of mario strikers. never had the pleasure of playing it though

daily reminder the sport was originally called soccer by the brits before americans even existed.

It's very fun but i wouldnt call it the epitome of football games

X fucking D

Unarmoured handegg with occasional kicking, and everyone is nice to the ref.

I cant say Ive even heard anyone speak OF the game.

"Football" predates "soccer" by centuries.

Also:
Fucking get with it, America, its 2016!

nope, the term "soccer" was used first and foremost throughout history. Your american history books lied to you.

okay satan lets calm down

Might as well ask about Football Manager.

How big should a game be, how many leagues should be live, etc?

I want it to be complex.

I want to make my own soccer game for my own taco country with local leagues.

how do I make one?

Depends. If you're playing as one of the big teams, enable Spain, Italy, France, England, Portugal etc with large database.

It's arcade, violent fun. The rules are very simplistic but there's enough important details to keep the game from being boring (i.e. most players feel like they have the same stats up until you start noticing that some characters shoot better from afar and others have a high tendency of giving you the "special passes"). DK is pretty OP because of the banana spam but he makes up for it by not having a designated scoring spot like the other characters. Also the artwork for the game is really unique for a Mario game and shoving otherwise cute characters like Toad or Peach into an electric fence to hear them cry in an agonizing fashion is surprisingly cathartic.

The Charged (wii) version of the game adds the ability to customize team members, more stat variety, special shots for all team members, new animations, new players and some gimmicks with the motion controls. The good thing this title has going for it is that, thanks to some dubious programming, you can do fucking incredible trick shots and feints. The bad thing is that it kind of loses a bit of the original's arcade charm and there's a definite, actual tier for it (whereas in the original even the UP Wario could wreck shit up). Just playing with the fastest characters + a designated strikers is the winning strategy, most of the time, with Daisy, Waluigi and Boos being the worst offenders. Also aerial battles are an actual thing AND the way the game is played most of the time.

Sadly no matter which video I pick it's always accompanied by edgy background music, but the amount of tricks and shit you can pull off is insane.

True this, it's as far out as possible, it feels more like a hockey game sometimes.

That card-based team mode for FIFA is cancer though

Rugby is hella cool but no one ever feels like watching it for some reason

I try to load up as much shit as I can by using that DLC editor someone made that allows you to add the tournaments locked out of play, but usually it's best to have some minor leagues from your local league and add other tournaments depending on which teams you know the most. Spain, Italy, France, Germany and England must always be on, the rest is mostly up to you.

Either just edit all the necessary shit in PES or go to >>>/agdg/ and ask for actual help

Not trying to be an edgelord, you'll learn to like it when they make the one hundredth perfect pass that your goalie just cannot stop without a concussion.

Shameless bump

Rugby is for men. Football is the moder of Rugby. People who says football is for sissys that just dives, have never played it on an amateur-level.

I've had more fights on the football-field, than i ever had on the school-yard or in a nightclub.

I would suggest one of the earlier FM versions at first, since they clogged down the recent versions like hell with stupid graphics that's just going to slow down your save even going in some years into the save.

So pick like FM 2010 or 11. And load as many leagues as you like. Would suggest a bunch of leagues from all over the world. If it's just 1 or 2 leagues, the best talents tend to end up coming from there unfortunately.

So Fifa 17 or Pes 17?

Are they the same shit?

I remember back when i was playing football-games, that PES was always the better experience but Fifa had all the fun shit, like leagues and clubs and stuff. Is it the same now?

Same shit and same differences (less bugs in pes, more teams in fifa). Just pirate any version prior to 2015 and use edit files,

Why do people do this? It's like playing the game on Easy mode. There's literally no challenge if you're actually decent at tactics.

You answered yourself, mate, plus it's mostly people who did not grow up rooting for their town's team and went for the more conveniently high placed one.

mega drive/sega genesis tiny toon sports

what could be more empowering than kicking balls around?

Patrician tastes