Untitled

Its an NX launch title. Trust me, my dad is dead.

Perhaps it's better to be in Purgatory where folks might have fond memories of what once was than to wallow in Hell as a walking reanimation of what can never be again.

Nintendo is dead

Meh, Nintendo can barely make good games anymore so I would probably turn out like shit

Super Mario Sunshine was Super Mario Rushed to begin with. It's a fun game, but it's obviously incomplete.

I wouldn't want them to ruin the legacy of what was arguably the best 3D Mario with a shit sequel.

It was one of the last games Nintendo made that really required some aptitude and finesse to truly master. Then they adopted their current "accessibility" credo and it was all downhill from there.

Damn shootin'. Super Mario 64, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 all have more content. Aside from the levels that remove the Fludd and the fucking Manta Storm, holy fucking shit that was poorly designed the game is generally easier than 64 or the Galaxies.

The Fludd is amazing for the flexibility it gives, but it made the game really fucking easy.

Was the manta storm hard for anyone? It was too hard for me to beat as a kid and I just wanted to know if I was just bad as a kid or the level was actually challenging.

It fucked me over until I finally figured out some spinning+blast shit, if I remember correctly

nice. Very valuable thread. I love that meme so much
I bet it'd look even nicer on 4chan

Hardest part of the game for me as a kid. Beat it, but not without getting pretty pissed at the difficulty.

The Mario Galaxy games were superior in almost every single way though

Nah, wasn't just you. Only way I could win was by cheesing it in the ocean- Manta won't follow you into the surf so you can hit it from a safe distance.

its fucking tedious, not remotely hard. Tedious time sink accurately describes a lot of mario sunshine. Easily the worst main Mario game.

You know what makes it even worse? If you got to a star you just hated in 64 or Galaxy or even 3D Land, you can just skip it and go to a different level to finish the game.

In Sunshine, you have to finish five out of seven stars in every level to beat the game. There's no skipping most of the worst levels.

its amazing how the game gets worse as it goes on too.

I liked Pianta Village, but the Hotel and Noki Bay can go fuck themselves with an iron stick. Even if I did like brushy brushing Eely-Mouth's teeth.

bump
bump

AAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hipster culture on Holla Forums is alive and well, I see.

Can someone please explain to me why this game is considered to be rushed & incomplete?

Admittedly, I haven't played it since 2004 or so and at 14, my quality standards weren't quite what they are today. It might be obvious if I went back and replayed it, but I'm not a big fan of playing most games more than once.

Fuck that I want Super Luigi's Sunshine. Imagine flying around on a new poltergust model, being able to suck up water, fire, etc.
Luigi gets a "free vacation" to Isle Delphino, only to get there and find out that it's overrun with Boos. Imagine E Gadd in a hawaiian shirt!

I'd rather a 64 2 with at least just as good movement mechanics and without a jetpack/spray gimmick holding things back.
Instead the gimmick should be parallel universes turned into an actual mechanic