Dad Games

Games where you play badass fathers.

FF7. Barret gon be a real good daddy to that white bitch, feel me nigga?

Side characters count or just direct protagonists?

are you talking about cloud or marlene
or both?

If the former counts, Greg was a father. Keyword: was.

Any of the latest Illusion games.

Enjoy 8-4 raping Automata

I'd say playable is the main prereq

not sure about all that, but I played gestalt and I can't really imagine the Nier/ Yonah relationship being as engaging as a sister/brother dynamic

There were two version of Nier in Japan. One with father/daughter and the other with brother/sister. We only got the father/daughter one because have two versions of the same game is confusing, and they picked the one they thought would resonate better with Americans.

I suppose what I meant was "Protag" vs "party member but not main character." I mean, Greg up there's playable as a member of the party (and with his stats and bigass gun, he's a pretty decent physical damage dealer), but he's not the main character.

Works for me

Honestly, the whole story for him is fucking sad. His family gets attacked by a Veruni, his wife dying first, then his son who tried to protect him eat the next bullet (with his murderer blaming Greg for not raising the kid to have respect and fear of his betters). All in the name of said Veruni being bored and wanting to see if he could potentially turn a human into a rage driven, vengeance obsessed monster that could possibly give him a challenge. He even dumps the gun used to kill Greg's family on Greg, and the entire town proceeds to think he killed his own family. By the time the game opens he only lives to get stronger and try to lure that Veruni out with the goal of blowing the guys brains out before blowing his own out.

I appreciate that you took the time to type that out, but I'm probably gonna give this game a shot now, so I'm not gonna read. As you can probably tell from my OP, I like a good, sad game

I wouldn't directly call Wild Arms 5 sad on the whole, but it's pretty bittersweet in the end.

Also, I should warn you that the game's an anniversary title. While still stand-alone in plot like the other entries, it has a lot of extras like cameos of past party members as NPCs, as well as cameo bosses, where they're in there mostly as a celebration of the prior games for people that played them, and seeing old favorites again is a nice plus for past players.

Fuck these games, they keep on awakening my paternal instincts and making me want a cute daughter

Stop spouting shit when you don't know what you're talking about

Witcher 3 is basically about finding your daughter, if Geralt is a cuck that is.

Greg's actually the best mage in the game, somehow.

Nah it's actually shitty as fuck, WA falls off a hill after 3/the remake. The Final Boss is the anthropomorphic personification of racism.

Best dad btw

bad dad

he's gonna become Odin, isn't he?

sounds… cool?

I liked how they brought back the "everyone can cast with various degrees of proficiency thing from WA3." Though I do wish the series would have kept more Originals for use with the actual ARMs.

I actually enjoyed WA5. Admittedly not as much as the first three, but it was a step up from WA4.