The year is 1996. You have just bought this card

You spend days playing Tomb Raider and Quake, thinking the future will be awesome with this new tech.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0rt3gQ2UrVA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn it.

OR

Damn

vocaroo.com/i/s0rt3gQ2UrVA

Did you really expect the vast majority of children on here to be able to relate?

Please nigga. Look at how they behave.

I keked.

Good LGR impression.

My first Quake was Quake 2. It may have been my first FPS. Didn't play Quake 1 or Duke until later.

Good times. Should play this again.

/monster/ 3D was awesome, but I personally had a Matrox Mistique and then Voodoo2.

You should check out Contraption Maker. It's basically a spiritual successor to TIM made by the original devs.

And why would I buy the Arabian version?

Thanks user.

funny ending

when I was scrolling fast down the front page, I thought OP's image was a box of condoms
I would hope I didn't buy a box of condoms in 1996

Here OP, I got this from the future. But don't worry, because a few years later the tech is going to be dead and you're going to have the choice between surround or generic stereo.

kek

Any day now….

Thanks a lot EA.

Software render looked better.
Far better.
Texture filtering was a step backward. More detail would be better.

Don't need things clear. Need things fast, and complex in excess of yourself.

Devs should be getting together for that: make something better than an individual imagination, beyond them. As a single player should be in total awe. Looking at something impossible. Or more accurately now possible. Like the world dreams it's self to be. Far ahead of where it is, but still the same. Waterfalls and such.

Should make thigs so they are happening, not as effects. As representations that have the same properties as the rest.

Use ingenuity to solve problems and be surprised that was the way to do it.

Expect to be able to do everything you want to. See a waterfall better be able to jump off it or go to he cave in it. Everything that should be interesting made so, as it is and should be.

Make world more interactive. Player and enemy movement connected to the ground. Movement influenced by terrain. Keep low res for another reason of if you want to check something out have to get close, and close increases danger.

Hello schizoanon.
Did you have a Monster3D back in the day?

shill detected

good times

3D accelerated glQuake 64\/3 |\/|3 \/\/00|>.

Eeh, PCs didn't become more powerful than consoles until around the PS3 era when memory IO speed made a major jump and modern "closer to metal" graphical APIs came out of the woodwork. Before that games on PC were bottlenecked by OS overhead, memory speed, and old HDD speed. These obviously aren't issues anymore

PCs became more powerful than consoles during the PS2 era, when XP came out with more multimedia oriented capabilities and system didn't nuke itself every month or so

IBM PCs themselves were just for serious work or browsing internet and in multimedia capabilities they were shat on from seemingly older and weaker but specialized hardware, from amiga to first playstation

things started changing with doom and quake, where people finally could play decent 3d games on their salaryman boxes

Its a lot more complicated than that. The issues that plagued PC was a lack of streamlining in software and hardware standards. Game consoles could do fine with a RISC processor and basic media acceleration. x86 was CISC, and even though Intel tried numerous times to kill it, it still became the favorite of software engineers, because CISC gives you more room to optimize low-level shit. Around the early 2000s Intel and AMD started streamlining the x86 architecture and adding 64-bit extensions along with a RISC core. And it payed off, because today Intel Xeons are quite literally the most powerful processors on the market, and the Supercomputing market is dominated by Intel and Nvidia chips now

God I wish

Games today are million times better than 20 years ago. Only no-life retards that have no other hobbies and are burnt out from doing the same shit for decades cry that modern games are worse.
You deserve all your suffering.

Until 2004, the best thing I could run on my computer was

…was Transport Tycoon.

I was 3, OP

That would explain why that picture looks so awful, it's time to get a new video card man.

That actually looks amazing.

I want to put my pee pee inside her poo poo

Some guy at my local bar thought so too and bought a pair, about 30 minutes into the night he gets ashamed and turns them off. They're only for hot women who know how to dance. Everyone else might as well be wearing blinking sketchers.

I feel like I'm not hearing this properly, as the tech to actually hear this is dead and buried.

People did this? This was even an option?

I just remember Sony Playstation parading Lara Croft around as their official marketing mascot, their answer to Nintendo's Mario and Sega's Sonic. Now she's the official mascot for series' that tank after listening to feminists.

Nigga, those can wear literally anything and still look amazing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider

The first entry in the series Tomb Raider was released in 1996 for personal computers (PC), and PlayStation and Sega Saturn consoles.[7][8]

PC was first. PC was best.

I can't 3dfx is kill. I keep trying to run nudoom with my trusty v5 5500. I doesn't affraid, but it looks like minecraft :(

I didn't have a computer till 2006. I actually used to read books and stories all day.

bah
Diamond Monster MX300 3D sound card was where it was at.

The audio has been rendered by an A3D card and recorded, you can hear it just fine. But to render it in game, you need the card or one that emulates A3D (most cards can emulate A3D 1.0 and EAX). It's like the difference between filming something and watching a video. You might not be able to record in 1080p but you can watch 1080p video. A3D was known for being a little over the top with occlusion and effects, which is why your ear is a little thrown off. But I like how it goes overboard, it keeps that uncanny valley effect away.

Just think- that game was made in what, 2000? And EAX was last revised before Windows Vista even came out (which IIRC, cut support for EAX so you need 3rd party solutions like Creative ALchemy).

It's first because it's in alphabetical order.

and then you get to the ACTUAL article on the game
SEGA does what MS-Don't.

America invades Normandy:

America doesn't invade Normandy:

Yuropoors will bitch about America no matter what happens. It's what they do.

I had a Matrox Mystique and then I got a Voodoo 2 and then I had a laptop for a few years and then I had an 8800GT and now I have a 6950.

cool story, bro