So I just bought a PS4

With my current setup, I've connected an Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS, Wii U, and several other things to the internet successfully with no issue whatsoever.

Upon purchasing a PS4 and attempting to connect to PSN, it gave me an endless amount of trouble and after much googling about I found enabling DMZ protocol for the PS4 (along with giving it a static IP address just so I don't have to hope for luck of the draw) was the only damn thing to make anything work and without doing this I can't even download shit from the playstation store.

I'm not a networking expert or anything but this strikes me as very fucking strange.

What exactly is the PS4 doing that none of the things I listed at the start of this post do, what is the PS4 asking for that none of those consoles asked for, and most importantly WHY is the PS4 doing this incredibly peculiar thing that no other fucking console does?

Long time no see, your majesty

I think this is their "anti-half piracy" measure. You can buy game, then resell it to the other person and keep playing as long as you're not connected to internet. Thanks to this measure as long as you're connected your game is fucked and you can't play it anymore. Kinda sorta form of DRM.

im not sure what you expected tbh fam

Just insert disc and play?
Yeah, that's not what consoles are for a good while now. PS2 was the last console worth owning.

We're not a damn support forum.

My shit works perfectly fine. Is it hardwired?

If not, what the fuck are you doing?

ppffffffft

Why would I need to buy consoles when I have a PC? I'll just play the same games later.

Some games are never brought to PC because of licensing bullshit.
Demon's Souls or Bloodborne will never be released on PC. Majority of Gundam games will never be released on PC. Some one off weeb games will never be released on PC.
For some people that's enough to warrant a purchase.
Not for me though, I refuse to play shit on 30 fps.

You should of not gotten a useless Bloodborne 10 fps machine and saved your money for something else. But seeing as you bought a PS Vita you are not really smart with your money.

What else am I supposed to spend my money on?

Food so I can become as fat as you?

NOT LIKELY, NERD

buy csgo crates
sell cs skines
you might even make money instead of flushing it down the drain on a brick that will be obsolete in a few years

I still use my OG Xbox, DS Phat, and PSP 2000 for shit.

Sold my PS3 and all other home consoles besides nintendo's latest Smash console.

You fucked up.

You realize he's not talking about porting games right?
Are you from Australia? Because your ignorance of Emus and love of shitposting is very apparent.

Enjoy your immigrants.

Enjoying emulating your Mechassault fam?

immigration is only objectionable when the immigrants are unwilling to assimilate goy :^)

For $800 you can buy a laptop that does the exact same thing as a ps4.

can you have sex with it?

So, it's literally always objectionable. Good to know.

Can you have sex with a PS4?

well there's your problem