PSA Uninstall Geforce Experience 3.0!

Quick PSA to Anons who may have either not updated, or just updated. If you're experience horrifically degraded performance after updating GE to their new shitty UI, uninstall it! And to those who haven't updated, either never open it again or just uninstall it too.

I discovered the problem having to do with GE after opening up BF4 and finding that I was running at 26 to 28FPS with previously having 60+FPS on GE 2. Uninstalling it immediately fixed the problem.

I suspect the issue is the new game overlay that hooks onto the game and somehow causes horrible performance degradation due to developer incompetence. This may be fixed in the future but for now just uninstall GE.
Use OBS.
Available manually through their website.

Other urls found in this thread:

eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/
plays.tv/download
obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-use-the-replay-buffer.103/
battlelog.co/servers.php#ranked
battlefield2142.co/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't PlaysTV work with Nvidia cards? That's what AMD supplies as their way of bookmarking and quick record like Shadowplay except ties in to Raptr/AMD's community crap.

I installed this piece of shit a few days ago on someone's computer thinking it would scan the GPU then download and install the latest driver without any fuss. No having to bother with finding out what card it is in the device manager and manually searching for it. The option to do a scan on their site requires Java and it wasn't worth dealing with that.

You can't even use it to download a driver without logging in. It'll notify you that a driver is available for download but that's all. I figured in a few clicks after launching it the driver would be downloading and install, instead you need to register or give them online credentials. What a waste of time.

From now on I'm only using open drivers. I've seen into the future and they'll start by putting their latest drivers behind a registration wall. Then it's going to become a paywall. People will be cracking and pirating drivers before you know it. They've already been unlocking their cards for years already;

eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/

Not sure what PlaysTV is, but if AMD developed it I have a feeling it works with Nvidia cards since AMD is less Jewish when it comes to software.

Everything what's wrong with PC gaming in one picture.
It's kill.

It's a third party program AMD just sponsors like Raptr IIRC. Only real big difference is that AMD updates get a version of PlaysTV that hooks into Raptr and the graphics card as a trio.

I'd suggest PlaysTV a try though since it's similar enough to Shadowplay.

plays.tv/download

Fun fact: GFE is now online-only.
It doesn't even start with an Internet connection.

I get significantly worse performance with OBS than I do with shadowplay. I'm just gonna block all outgoing connections from geforce experience with a firewall.

Geforce Experience doesn't work without Internet connection anymore.

What if I don't update it though?

When I open the program, it asks to install. If I don't accept, it closes.

So it's unusable now if you don't update, it seems.

A guy on a tech site did a wireshark scan on this new jewVidia software and behold: it sends a LOT of telemetry to HQ.

If you want Nvidia to know everything about your system and what software you have installed by all means use Experience.

You deserve this for buying nvidia shit, people warned you.

I uninstalled it 2 years ago and it gave gave me a 10fps increase.

If you're serious about recording footage, it's worth it to invest in a good capture card and make sure you get a second hard drive for it.

Why is every other update a big cockup these days? It's not like they're reverse engineering the shit.

Hey, plays.tv shill?

Can this record Emulators?

Thanks. Don't get helpful information like this in this format often by comparison.

I consider it a useless feature, but as an option some might use.
Should include a framerate and frametime counter+graph as well as hardware used, resolution, colour depth, poly count, amount of stutter present, and settings used.

Could be useful for people avoiding parasites and coming to know gpus by their render looks and performance. An estimated frametime count for maximum performance settings would be handy too.

For performance mode: get rid of bilinear. Use full trilinear. Compress and palletise textures after assessing common colour of all textures and lighting. All changed textures should suit that.

Detect faces and lower poly count of rest. Especially on flat/near flat surfaces. Severely angularise curved surfaces. Terrain should become much sharper. Gun barrels becoming square cylanders or octagonal cylanders. Character torsos can be tesselated afterward.

Add constant shadows to textures and remove shadow. Same for light shadows, use animated texture.

Detect common objects like grass and use multiple angles of 2D instead of repeating 3D, darken or brighten areas shadowed or lighted in post.

Use a seemingly reflective surface for terrain to lessen demand for ground/world texture. MGS ground zeroes does this well. Should appear muddy. Seen from an angle most of the time. Distant terrain can be almost without colour texture. Just bumps, shadows, and objects.

Repetitious 3D objects made 2D position pictures from many angles converted similar to texture. Made low res as possible and motion blur apllied to transition their switch to different pictures. Should be enough pictures to be indistinguishable, less needed with distance. Only use full detail model for pictures, resize by distance. Closest object, within a few metres may remain 3D to allow interactivity. Leave damaged or changed ones in 3D. Quickly replace 2D with 3D as interaction demands. Complex lighting counting as interaction. Generally replace by amount of interaction. Replace common first, then highly complex objects, such as characters. High memory cost, use any RAM available. More motion blur when stored on hard drive instead. Keep what is made, for the resolution used/low resolution.

Regardless of user/game selected resolution, use lower res as the render resolution. Add post processing such as CRT filters to make use of the other pixels. High quality upscaling should work as a blurry, so effective, anti aliasing. Reduce geometry to suit lower res, indistinguishable, then more reduction as needed. Increase tesselation for close objects. Not just an illusion of more detail at lower res. Make 2D pictures from highly tesselated objects. Highly tesselated being an understatement. Objects should be so complicated that they take hours/days to render. Form 2D captures while user is doing other things. Every time coming back to a prettier and higher performing game. In game or during load times just 10x better. 2D pictures animated for wind effects from different directions, etc. First do static replacements.

Use bleach, bloom, contrast, lower gamma arc and chrome to enhance scene and textures, lowering amount of information needed for them. Keep gradients for common colours.

Use FXAA/TAA to add detail to textures, eliminating stairstep. Specify 3D areas/objects not to change with fxaa.

Use heavy chromatic abherration, cyan and red shift, to emphasise 3D. Use especially for details eg bumps/material.

Remove transparency and heavily bloom and blur result. Within texture and toward edge.

Cull anything behind something else. add motion blur as it is about to be culled, keep motion blur, lose object.

Add motion blur to animations that are under framerate.

Reduce size of all sounds, lower pitch, add ambient fuzz to blend them all. Form constant noise from a repetition of sound or an average of it. Or common sounds repeated in greater abundance. Including silence.

Welcome back, Autism user. I've missed your posts.

Hey, in case you didn't know already, you have schizophrenia.

does it offer the option to record the past few minutes of gameplay? if not, it's not a suitable replacement. i can always dl an older version of geforce experience anyway. besides, it's not the first time nvidia severely crippled their hardware's performance via geforce experience. this is nothing new.

Either you forgot to set OBS as NVENC or you're using settings that aren't compatible with it somehow.

Otherwise you might have the same issue as me, had to use DDU and do a reinstall of a driver until I got one that didn't fuck up the performance of OBS recording but that also affected Shadowplay on some versions of GFE.

This looks like what you want
obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-use-the-replay-buffer.103/

Well problem with AMD is that their hardware suck.
And problem with NVIDIA is that they are jews beyond jews, you can call them super jews.
Now what do? There isn't 3rd party making high end GPUs. So you either get shitty sorry excuse for a video card or get overjewed with drivers behind registrations and retrospective card crippling.

I wish there was an open source gpu developer.

thanks a lot man. i downloaded OBS studio and it looks like that one doesn't have the buffer option so that's what left me confused. uninstalled and downloaded the classic version and it works just fine. this saves a lot of my problems, thanks again.

I don't get paid for it, I'm just saying that out of the different softwares I've used to capturing Lets Plays and gameplay footage, PlaysTV for being free is a good alternative if you find OBS too complicated.

I've never tried using an emulator on this capture software, I would imagine it should work fine. If it doesn't, then OBS Classic is a good backup for things that don't quite work as well.

I wasn't aware ulillillia posted here.

Nice doubs, blorfeldf.

After BF3, anyone who liked Battlefield should have known that the series was dead. Incidentally:

battlelog.co/servers.php#ranked
battlefield2142.co/

It helps that I do not ever shut down my PC, so shadowplay still works and shit.

I wish GPUs and GPU drivers would go away. I'd rather go back to coprocessors and accelerator cards that follow open standards.

Do you think APUs will ever go mainstream? I'm not sure if that would solve this problem though.

Why has AMD abandoned the laptop market? Now we're all stuck with Nvidia and their shitty practices.

They are mainstream. Considering how almost every desktop CPU has some for of integrated gpu, now. And, they don't help because we need more performance than what could comfortably fit inside a cpu package.

I want to go back to the days of the bus systems, when everybody used open and well documented standards for everything.

Well I mean mainstream for gaming. Integrated graphics doesn't get you far with games made within the last decade, even with a decent CPU. I've got an i7 on a laptop and it can barely run EDF 4.1 at 30FPS which is a ridiculously well optimized game.

It would not surprise me if they did. Modern iGPUs are incredible powerful, compared to previous generations.
My experience is the exact opposite of yours. I spend a weekend with only an Intel HD 4600, and had no problem running everything at, at least, 720p/30. It's not perfect, but still more powerful than last gen consoles.

Why would you install new drivers if new games are all shit and old games run fine the way things are?

c h e c k m a t e

What the fuck are you niggers even on about? My Gefore Experience doesn't have that shit UI so I didn't update yet obviously and it says there's no updates available

Did Nvidia pull it before I even had a chance to download and install it?

You called it upon yourselves people.

I never understood the point of GFxp anyway.
It's absolutely unnecessary weight on your system.

I have it purely for shadow play but that shit haven't worked in forever.

Do you actually have to sign in to use Shadowplay or is sign in just for giveaways?

I started using Bandicam with NVENC (Nvidia's fast GPU video encoder) & when I open a recorded video in MPC it plays fine, but when I import that same video into Premiere to edit it the fucking audio goes out of sync. I did not have that problem with Shadowplay videos. Maybe I should try a different video wrapper & audio codec? I have OBS as well so I could try it too.

In RivaTuner Statistics Server (a very popular game overlay) you can add processes to a list to use specific settings or exclude entirely from being overlayed because of hooking issues. GFE doesn't even have such a thing?

I liked the new overlay and didn't notice a change in framerate, but this is just pure incompetence.

What is Geforce Experience even for? Installing drivers? Just do that shit manually like normal rather than having it done for you like some kind of baby.
Also, shadowplay is the shittiest possible way to capture video - low impact, maybe, but the capture quality is horrendous, and that's what really counts.
Use something like dxtory instead.

You have to be signed on and online to use it.

Try to capture some 1080p 60fps footage and tell us how that goes for you.

I capture 1440p at 60fps, and there's no problems. You have to configure it manually before it can be used, but that should go without saying.

It also automatically changes graphics settings in compatible games depending on your card. It never gives a good balance of visuals vs. performance, but casual morons eat this shit up.

Well I'd like to know how then because last I tried any codec I would try was either limited by disk speed (and the filesize were too big to be practical anyways) or by CPU speed and I know what you're thinking but no it's a 4790k

Do you have an SSD?

Nope and with the size those recording would get I wouldn't be much help unless I grabbed a bunch of 1TB ones.

Found your problem.

Also make sure you're using lagarith and not capturing raw. If you have any problems beyond that, look up some config guides to get it running properly.

It just doesn't suit the use I have for a recording software then, filesize get way too big to make it worthwhile If I need a SSD to even be able to record it at full speed.

It's for people who don't know how to navigate settings or understand which setting impacts what. I still don't use it because it wants to always max out shadows and LOD in games where it ain't needed.

First time using OBS and it's pretty comfy compared to Shadowplay, that and recording filesizes are fucking tiny compared to Shadowplay.

Thanks OP

am I on reddit

b-b-bump

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You deserve this.

What sort of meme is this? I don't get it.

You can install drivers through it but you never should because they do such a shitty job of installing them that it can break your computer.

I just use it to see when a new driver is released and then download it manually from the site, i;ll uninstall it for now though.

Does this affect people without nvidia cards and use OpenGL?

I don't even know what Geforce Experience is so I'm gonna presume I don't have it

Can I just CCClean that shit? I'm scared nvidia did some kike shit and tied GE with the drivers or something. I haven't updated my drivers anything on my computer but virus definitions in ages because of fucking Nvidia and Microsoft kikery, and I don't want this house of cards to fall down.

Just uninstall GeForce Experience.
It's practically spyware, since apparently it suspiciously records your desktop even with shadowplay, or share as it's now called, disabled.