Vidya 101

Which 10 games would you reccomend to a non gamer to make them 'not a pleb'?

By non-gamer do you mean someone with no experience at all with vidya or someone who will at least have played shit when they were young? Also how intelligent are they and what's their attention span?

Gee OP, its like you wanna be called a newfriend

once a pleb always a pleb

yes, with no experience at all
also assume not a retard

nice bait you got there

PC only also? Also will you be around to help them either in person or online? What age is the person?

I'd probably start with AoE:II or Red Alert 2 for introduction to RTS. Maybe Company of Heroes if they're more of a WW2 man. If you know they like 40k go with Dawn of War otherwise keep it for later.

Anything you can play in coop with them is a good idea too. It's more important to give a good introduction to vidya than it is to ensure they play only great games.

DOOM
Age of Empires 2
Morrowind
Link to the past or Links awakening
Donkey kong country
Dwarf fortress
Aurora
Icewind Dale
Metal gear solid 3
MYST
I'd say this is a pretty well rounded list.

Just play games you enjoy and get good at them.

Deus Ex

Yoshi's Island

Einhander

Thief II

Super Metroid

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Wipeout 3

Ninja Gaiden Black

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, or Super SFII Turbo

Doom

ebin b8

For shooters I'd go simple but not too modern. Try Half Life 2, Call of Duty (1, UO and 2, avoid MW if you wish to prevent poor taste) and then guide them to F.E.A.R., Painkiller etc. After that introduce classic shooters starting with Duke 3D. Serious Sam can be played cooperatively with shared lives but I wouldn't make that the introductory game.

Start basic, let them get familiar with the genres and control scheme then slowly introduce them to better games. Sit a non-gamer down in front of Deus Ex, Doom or Thief and they'll probably run for the hills. Possible exceptions for this rule include people you know are into tabletop role-playing. Are you asking for recommendations for yourself or someone else?

And yes Holla Forums bitches about HL2 but it's the perfect game to give to new people (idiot proof, easy but not walking simulator, lengthy, varied so no boredom). For all of its flaws it's nowhere near as locked down as modern shooters and anyone given that early on will immediately see how limited games have become.

A Link to the Past
Doom
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Deus Ex
Wizardry VIII
Streets of Rage 2
Capcom vs. SNK 2(Guilty Gear XXAC is also acceptable.)
F-Zero GX
Der Langrisser

Recommend the games that got you into vidya dummy.

I get it. You want someone to recognize the difference between a good game and a bad one

Faggot

Replace Myst with Brood War.

Replace CT with FF6.

Replace Yoshi's island with Xwing vs Tie fighter.

I would recommend they stay pleb.
If they want to play video games they should just go in blind and go for anything that looks good, new or old.

But on a side note. My dad saw me playing Risk of Rain and he's been playing it a lot now.
His favorite is the Bandit.

Also, if I had to force someone to play vidya that I wanted them to.
I WOULD AT LEAST MAKE SURE I HAD SONIC 2, 3, AND KNUCKLES ON THERE
Fuck you guys for no one putting Sonic on their list.

No, CT is better than FF6 in every way.

Boring trash, only fit for sexually disturbed autists tbh.

Are you trolling or legitimately retarded?