Game feels too stifling in the earlygame

I wanna feel powerful. Earlygame shouldn't feel like you want to skip to the part where it gets good, and lategame shouldn't feel like there's nothing left to keep up with. What games get their balance curves just right?

System Shock 2 Has a good start game and you are pretty OP late game if you do your build Right. Same with New Vegas with Min Maxing your stats at the start

skyrimjob

i meant to say 'use'

devil may cry and monster hunter.
stay away from games with leveling, most of them are completely unbalanced.
also stay away from new wave of action games that try to copy darksouls, these make you feel weak from start to finish.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.
Yeah yeah yeah, but Bitterblack Isle is a nice dose of extra rape for Lvl 150 assholes like myself.

Also, older JRPGs. Not the grindy stat padding shit we have today. Games like Star Ocean 2, Star Ocean 3, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, etc.

It's like developers forgot how to balance shit out in the long run.

While we're on this topic - Garry Newman of Facepunch Studios recently announced that they're removing all progression systems from Rust, as they feel it's too stifling and handholding to a player.

So that's pretty cool I guess.

The original Metroid and Kid Icarus are games where you start off as as powerful as a discarded baby in the wilderness. ESPECIALLY Kid Icarus. But by endgame you're near indestructible and powerful.

story behind that webm?

God dammit, what is the context of that clip?

horrible curse of polish pope, don't invoke his name

Just looked it up. Just some fake viral video showing off blood effects.

Progression systems how?
Last time I played the only "progression systems" they had were having to make better crafting tables to get more advanced shit.

Are you fucking stupid? Clearly a snippet from a horror movie.

Dragon's Dogma was IMO way too easy tbh
While my pawns keep the enemies occupied, I just throw out some balls as mystic knight and everything's just vaporized to thin air
Worked solo as well

They tried a blueprint system, meaning that you have to research shit to be able to craft it first - it worked alright but became pretty grindy real fast, since you needed blueprint fragments to learn shit more reliably, and those were found in barrels and boxes at radtowns.

Then they tried the XP system, which one of the developers worked on for months. It blew up in their face horribly, and while the one in charge of it tried to defend it and blame the community, Garry pretty much just smacked him upside the head, explained his behavior to the community and pulled the plug on the XP.

Now they're going to limit the ability of players to shit out OP guns organically, that is - through looting parts needed to craft shit.

If dubs he will manifest on this thread

I got you covered m8.

if dubs you're going to kill yourself

reroll i guess

Holla Forums is slower than i thought

oh shit son. You need tips on how to do it reliably?

game designers need to go back

It doesn't count you got trips instead of dubs

that means you have to do a backflip when jumping off the roof

yeah but you said dubs not dubs or trips

No, I want to like the hobo phase, but the hobo phase has to be good instead of like it's missing everything.

What the fuck happened to the colour of greentext?

Check the sticky Mark made. Failing that, click [Options] in the top-right and scroll to the bottom of "General". There should be a "Pepe colored quotes" box that is ticked; untick that, then refresh your page

there are dubs inside those trips

Real life. Hard all the way through.

then it's not dubs it's dubs+1

That's just a grindy artificial difficulty shitfest

Mine was never ticked, I ticked it and it made everything darker, so I unticked it and the colour was still not right.

That's Banzai one of the male hyenas you sneaky shit

bump 2