Favourite Game Console

Whats your favourite hardware to only play games on? What makes it special, and what games are fun to play on it? Why do you like it's controller? How nice is the form factor?

For me, it's gotta be the Mark V.

Sleek, sexy, black, beautiful, and with an amazing library of games.

PSP

Because handhelds are comfy as fuck, it has a bunch of great games, robust CFW and Homebrew, native PSX emulation, and great emulation for 4th gen systems and prior. Tons of customization options, as well as MicroSD to MSD converter so you can carry around 256+ gig of games accessible on the fly.

The Vita may eventually beat it if it's CFW and Memory Card adapter ever get to a finished state, since it can do everything the PSP can - and more, with dual analog sticks, R2/L2, and a better screen. Just a shame it's own library is shit by comparison.

Mark V does what Nintendon't.

PC
Every game ever made will be on it eventually, including ones released today.
I like this controller because you can use any controller you want if you put in the extremely low amount of effort.
The form factor can be directly tailored to your personality.

great system.
I have a bit of a hard time pin pointing my favorite console. I like many of them, and there's no denying the libraries of the PS1 and PS2, but as much as I appreciate Sony's home to so many great games, I've always found myself appreciating Sega consoles, and by extension the original Xbox. I've had so much fun just experimenting with the hardware, and the games on Sega consoles are one of a kind. Just tremendous.

I think my favorite would have to be the Saturn, as I explore the system more and more. But I have a strong appreciation for the original Xbox and Genesis. Fuck Nintendo consoles though.

go away.

Xbox 360 is my first console and it's the best ever.
Prove me wrong.
Pro tip:

PS2
It has the biggest amount of worthwhile exclusives and PSX compatibility. The PSP comes at a close second.

PC is obviously best games platform, but for actual console consoles I have to go with the Gamecube and/or the classic Xbox.
Gamecube because best exclusives, Xboxhueg for best versions of multiplats.

Xbox 360 was a mediocre console that was only useful as an emulation box, and even then it was worse for that than the Wii.

The original Xbox will always hold a special place in my heart.

Instead of going to school I was playing KOTOR, Jade empire and Morrowind all day. That damn thing never overheated and rarely crashed.

Good engineering.

Fuck you, you don't know shit.

Such a flexible system too.

The 360 had a lot of (timed) exclusive JRPGs.

The xbox controllers were shit though. Much too large.

Xbox was garbo, mate

If it weren't for Sega and Tecmo supporting it, it'd have been worthless.

I have two dukes, I quite like them actually. Holding one as an adult compared to me as a kid is definitely different, but it's got a palmbable shape, and an interesting vertical 6-button layout. I like the controller-S, but the design of the duke is comfortable in its own way.

That picture you shared looks like one that's been modded with 360 guts judging from the bottom piece?

games make consoles great? Who would have thought.

Favorite games are on PS2, but best console has to be the PSP.

I've even been playing DOS games on it, it's just so comfy

It was funded by Microsoft, a company who poured billions into it. They even got Nvidia to put custom chips into it.

Just imagine how great the GameCube could have been if Nintendo put in just 10 percent of the effort to get third party support as MS did in 2000.

MS developed games in house even, and just licensed the IP such as the case with crimson skies. The people behind the Xbox were extremely dedicated to supporting, funding and getting devs to make the games they wanted to make.

And Fromsoft, and Ubisoft making the best versions of their games. And Microsoft published games, but lets forget about that and act like uninformed idiots.

also free DLC for tons of games. So much support for expensive and innovative titles like steel battalion.

Microsoft only did it because they had to, it was done as an investment. Pretty sure the first xbox was ultimately, and was always intended to be, a financial loss just to get their foot in the door.
Nintendo is a fraction of the size without a giant monopoly to fall back on, they couldn't afford 10% even if they wanted to. And the nintenjews surely did not want to

I have had consoles going back to the 2600 and if I had to pick one that was my favorite, it would be the original Playstation. Why? It was groundbreaking in many ways. Cd use instead of carts, memory card ports, great form factor, controllers set the standard for years to come and above all, a metric fuckton of games of all generas .

Fucking time travelers I swear.

Sega Genesis w/ this and my ~13'' Sony Trinitron. Looks amazing, arcade stick works just right with arcade ports/arcade-esque games, and I can afford it easily. Not to mention I love the music in most Genesis games.

This nigga right here.

ps2. that was the pinnacle of sony's gaming

My first, my last, my love.

I had so many good times with him and his little brother, pictured here.

not like anything other than an inanimate object could love you

Best games machine coming through

A computer.

Maybe if you had tiny little baby hands.

Hardware isn't the problem

its the games.

meh

trash

are you baiting me?

VOMITING INTENSIFIES.