Dangers of not having ARs

Reminder that the reason Earth lost the 7 year war was because in their universe they didn't create assault rifles. Notice how all the enemies in HL1 were only using SMGs, there are no assault rifles in HL2 either. Closest thing is probably the pulse rifle.

In Opposing Force they only had the SAW as a heavy machine gun. Therefore it is not outstanding to posit that they only had rifles, shotguns, SMGs, and HMGs/LMGs just like in WW2. Think on it a bit instead of lashing out at me.

Opposing Force isn't canon.

It stands for Armalite Rifle, which is the original manufacturer of the AR, baka.

Gun grabber, please go and stay go.

This kills the /k/

I got an AR, now I can kill those alien nazis.

How many pellets does the clip hold though?

I could have had it…

Source? Source!? SOOOOOOUUUUURRRCE?

I have no idea. It's just a random gif I've saved years ago.

>>>/16chan/
and stay there you pedo

Yeah, I guess Half-Life really is like 1984 where the book within the book explains in its "War is Peace" chapter how militaries still use World War II-era hardware and their small arms have not advanced past submachines guns and semi-automatic rifles.

Hell, we still use rifles today even though Orwell speculated that rifles would be obsolete 40 years after his book is published.

How new are you?

Half-Life 1 had an SMG in the place of an assault rifle because SMGs are what l33t oper8rs use, and the HECU unit was a top-secret specop force in the game. The game kept it as an SMG for the legacy of it. Also, the SAW fires the 5.56x45 NATO round which was specifically designed for the AR-15, meaning that rifle would have had to exist for the SAW to exist in its in-game form.

And it was the 7 Hour War, not the 7 Year War.

Retarded autists pretending to be "/k/", GO AND STAY GO.

The "AR" in the official name "AR-15" (and other such official names) stands for Armalite Rifle.

OP is using the term "Assault Rifles", and truncating it into the initialism "ARs".
And there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, there is. It is wrong, no one does that.

By that logic the rapier never should have existed, since the gladius was already there.

Weapons don't win wars. Others determining who won mean don't mean much either.

HL is shit. Fuck off.

I've actually used one of these before, it's a really nice gun. That one looks like an older model, but the newer ones can float in water and other neat shit. All the models were able to be broken down in a minute and stored in a hollow section of the stock.

OMG NICE GAME THEORY OP I LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE XD