Eve Online

Eve Online is going F2P in November.
I don't think I have the patience to wait.

Anyone here play/played it?

Source: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

We had this thread a week ago. I know because I made it

But, yeah, I do play it. It's pretty fun if you find a group of people that are fun. For example, today I had fun on a battle venture fleet with a drunk Aussie.

I might have cared in 2004.
Fuck MMOs!

EVE Online? More like EVE Offline.
Because of all the training times you don't play.

Are you ready for the hordes to invade it?

I guess some people just can't dedicate a day or two to grind a bit of cash and buy a plex.

Is it hard to type with your butt cheeks?

Hey there, ex-goonswarmer, welcome to nullsec piracy.

It's a shame to see it go F2P, but I don't think it'll change anything outright. The game's pretty niche, and people were always able to hop on for free and grind their way to PLEX-status since ages past. This new 'venture' won't draw in a tremendous amount of nerds like any other game would, but the player-base is already pretty low as is, so who knows.

Either way, this kind of sucks. Not like it has anything to do with me www, I stopped playing ages ago.

Explains the bullshit.

Yeah played it for a few years but over time they were constantly nerfing my playstyle. So I have zero interest in going back.

Wouldn't the f2p kill the player driven economy? Wouldn't it mean that people in their tier 1 ships can shit up lowsec and highsec since they aren't paying a subscription and thus not losing anything from engagements?

I think I might try it out if it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

As far as i've read it you're free to play T1 and possibly T2 gear, right?

If it's enough to properly fly a Hurricane again i might give it a try until my saved riches run out.
I predict F2P accounts not being accepted in 0.0 alliances though, considering these look perfect for meta gameplay.

I'm not excited though. The good times in EvE have come and gone.

That's pretty impressive considering they never arrived

No one plays the game anymore, it's ded. F2P won't bring it back, just make it more shit.

New accounts only have a noobship, everything past that they buy. In theory someone could possibly run a botnet of noob accounts to farm starter missions or mine in noobships but there are much more profitable ways to make money with bots.

Nobody is going to play this outdated shit, I'd rather play scam citizen.

It's been so long since i stopped with eve i don't even recognize all these new ships. When i stopped, the first T3s just barely became cheap enough to be viable in fleet setups and now there are all these new ships and modules. I feel like a civil war soldier trying to understand 20th century military.

I miss Evoke

ahaahahahaahahahah the goons got so buttmad after we all buttfucked them ahaahahahahahaahha

Indeed, I'm above 12 and have other things to attend to.

Holy dubs nice ID man

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

How expensive is PLEX these days anyway? I could pay for three accounts simply through loot and salvage but in my time PLEX was like 300-350 million.

Fucking newfags I swear

What method you suggesting?

Newfags run plexes or wormholes, oldfags reactions and blueprints.

Eve ist ded!

i recognize some and haven't played for 5 years now
good times

Lmao XD

Don't they require at least decent ships? I was around when wh space first came out and ships in there were above my tier for tanking/dmg unless there is other cash to be made that I don't know I can't remember if hs plexes are a thing but i'd imagine they'd be swarmed/worthless.

Yeah I haven't been on since 2009.

I saw presentation about the tutorial having a part where the player's ship just gets blown up and they pretty much said "you have to get used to losing". It discouraged me from playing it anymore since it wasn't free and it was like the developers were just saying you're a loser for playing the game.

Just get a few friends together and gank miners/freighters with throwaway catalyst pilots.

Fuck, OP. It took me days to stop thinking about this and now you reminded me.

Marketer.

What the hell is going on here?

Not difficult to get 100m/hr.

what's in the new update besides F2P and some graphics upgrades?

reminder that the game's EP is a lumberjack bull dyke and their sub count has been going downhill since 2014

jump fatigue is aids

fozzie sov is aids

microtransactions out the ass

eve's best days are behind it

it was great in 2012ish

UO cucked by Tom Chilton
EvE cucked by SJW bulldyke.

What game can I play now ?

No, this is the Jewish space merchant holocaust everyday simulator, tried it once, and never looked back again.

And they are really this desperate after Dust 514 and Valkyrie were pretty much handled terribly? and did the goons getting fucked off out of the game made them go for the f2p bullshit to recover some shekels?

ARMOR HACS
ARMOR HACS
ARMOR HAAAAAACS

Why do you retards act like this is bad?

Free = more players = game stays alive = more wars and epic moments.

Games don't survive by veterans alone. They need fresh blood and EVE's population has been dropping over the last years.

What`s the status of the goon empire? I remember a few months ago a thread about how they lost 80% of their territory after chat leaks exposing them for the backstabbing petty autists they are

Also requesting the furgoon images pic unrelated

yeah i need to hear what happened, last I hear Mittani was spinning on his blogg trying to make it look like being raped in the ass was his plan all along XD

all they have left is delve

i think a lot of them have stopped playing now

I didn't get into corps etc.
i was a hi-sec solo ninja salvager. I had the most badass scanning ship specifically to find people trying to PvE. That feeling of destroying their loot infront of them for my own profits and them not being able to do shit about it was fun.

When it became clear that they were losing they went back to the old "lets bore the enemy to death by denying them fights and abuse sov-mechanics as much as possible" , then left the region when it became untenable.

EvE already had a growing cancer long before she joined. In fact i'd argue many of her decisions tried fixing the shit her predecessor did with sovereignity.
At the end CCP never managed to "fix" the game largely because you can always expect Eve-players to find a way to abuse the system.

I guess it's simply the downside of player freedom within a sandbox. The more freedom players have, the more you can expect them to abuse it. Not that i'm arguing for a more regulation, i'm just saying that blaming everything on goons or CCP is retarded.

doesn't answer my question. what game?

Pay2win shit

i m not concerned as they will be verry limited.
+ their skill will grow more slowly .

however …
i dont know if it was checked but we may see an army or miner …

Star Citizen

looks like you never played eve,

even with max out skill you will get reckt just like you will get reckt even after buying 60 plex and going out with a pimp ship.
unless you stay in the safe zone and do pve … and even so, beware of the "suicide squad"

I joined the month before they introduced microtransactions and pre paid for 2 more of them since I had a friend who played it a buttload, I quit and never came back.

i laugh so hard at their 3.0 presentation where even with only 2 player in the world: they STILL have == MASSIVE == desync

SC will fail because they are trying to make an mmo with an engine absolutly not made for it…
since 2012 …and still not fixed

Top Kek faggot.

I agree with this user's sentiment. The MMO genre is not worth playing today because the MMO genre depends upon and reflects the state of the industry. When the video game industry is good, and the community is good, MMO's are some of the most incredible games on the planet. When the video game industry is shit, and the community is shit, MMO's are worth less than a single round of tic-tac-toe.

There is to much cold hard Jewery, and too many normalfags.

It's goons flocking to EVE and doing their darnest to break the sandbox, in game and meta. Even wormed themselves into the company to get insider developer information to exploit. Well, BoB did that. too, but those were more like proto-goons. So, yeah, EVE was pretty much fucked from the get go. Actually a surprise it lasted as long as it did.

it feel like you are speaking like a communist ,
"if anyone (cf BoB or goon) manage to get ont he top: they will fuck the game."

but isn t what sandbox is all about ?
thats the difference between a sandbox and a housing game.
in a housing game : anyone can have his own little world his own little "sandbox".

meanwhile "true" sandbox are competitive and if you want to be at the top, you will have to work hard for it.

or maybe i get it wrong, since i m kind of sleepy

no you're right, that poster probably plays games where you can't lose like WoW

It's not getting to the top, it's the how.
Then again you talk like a goon, complete with a nod-buddy for the echo.

Doesn't matter, once the new F2P playerbase hits, prices will skyrocket.

The only people in a sandbox game who ever become anything other than grunts are the top corp/guild leaders and the guys who run spreadsheets to make billions of ingame money so they can finance groups of people to do what they want

It's just like real life

Here's your (You)

Holla Forums and weeb at the same time, double cancer.

Filtered.

Yeah, its exactly like real life. You could be the Bruce Lee of videogames in that game and could take out 2-3 guys solo. But if some Financier decides to take you out, he pays a guild a billion gold to keep killing you for a month

Yes and? If you want to become a political figurehead you have to be a conniving jew with too much time on his hands. If you want to be happy merchant you have to be a greedy jew with too much time on his hands.
You make it sound like it's supposed to be different.

If you dont want either you become good at what you like. For most it's collecting Killmails. Or being a great Fleetcommander, which is the best Job anyway since FCs make or break Alliances. Without a good FC who keeps an alliance entertained, it dies.

Cool, here's my collection.

then i guess you should play black desert online.

its basically EvE but they strip the sandbox aspect to a more "housing theme"

the trade "empire" aspect is only between you and NPCs, nobody will hurt you aside from NPC bandit who are so stupid even with auto travel they wont pose a threat.
you will be in your own, personnal sandbox.
a safe space for you and your friend.

and if you pay a monthly fee, the government(devs) will give you preferencial price with reduce tax (-30%) compare to other

and thoses are the principle of the world.
(or pure liberalism)
where the state (devs/the world) will let you do what you wish.

thats why trader always where the richest.

of course some update can make a "stable" world shift and see who is stronger (just like in any competitive world) ex: the fountain war with the comming of EvE odysee IIRC.

but thats about it.
and it s just to avoid any staticity.

aw i triggered an eve player

just filter the damn autist

i don't see any problem with this. It's your own fault for being bad at excel

This is literally 99% of corps. Also nullsec is shit and boring, wspace is for closet fags (no joke I've met more furries, pedos and fags in wspace than anywhere else), lowsec is for edgelords and hisec is for casual morons.
And the corp joining meme is completely accurate. I got interviewed for every corp I wanted to join. One of them was even "where do you see yourself in 5 years" style interview.

So why did I play it? Well when I found my preferred playstyle, which was declaring war on a corp and then hunting down random members across the game and killing them, it was incredibly fun. Also for all the autists who play there are a surprising number of genuinely cool people who are trying to find the sandbox underneath all the red tape.
Of course they got rid of my playstyle because it wasn't noob friendly or some horseshit and after a while the cool people I knew didn't log in much any more.
RIP in piss.

only T1 gear apparently

Nothing will hit. Nobody wants to play Eve.

thats hot, furries are cool

got a question for you, say i dont want to waste money on the game, can i somehow buy premium with ingame money?

yes with plex.
many play with 2 account at the same time, and they fuel both of them with plex bought with in game money.

i din t do that but when i first started it took me 3 month to be abble to self sustain my subscribtion.
now with the f2p model it may still be possible but i guess only if you join a corp or if you create many character each dedicated to a spécific task/role

because you are limited to 5million skill point and such (so you better specialize your character as much as possible to be efficient)

exept if you are a trader, i know players who just stay at Jita buying low and selling high. and i dont think you need SP for that

it has been a year since i stopped,if i have time i may come back and buy a plex.
and plex's price should have dropped

You can buy player cards ingame but they have become pretty expensive, like 1 billion credits.

For the oldfags that's not much but newer players wont have that income. I personally was able to finance my Main Account, my Supercap-Account and two Spy-accounts through ingame jewery alone but that was when PLEX was around 350-500 million isks. 1 Billion per account is pretty steep when you don't want to waste one week of grind.

FILTHY DUMB, GOON SCUM

I remember when i tried to get a spy into the richest Corp of Razor Alliance and they didn't only interview me, they also required a weekly written report of what i did that week and what i've learned for a trial period of 3 months.

Even the potential of robbing these cunts blind for billions of ISKs wasn't worth that level of retardation.

Its shit like this that forces would be players away, why the fuck do people in a corp need to write a fucking report or do a goddamn interview?

Even SWG with its full blown RPG guilds were nowhere near as bad as EvE corps.

Looks like the goons are here. Anyone notice their typing style? I'm glad we destroyed them.

Feels bad man.

The game got too autistic. You can skip the interviews if you just directly hang out with corp members in vent or discord or something. Also anyone will let you in if you show your sheer hatred for goonsjws.

Most corps are just Goon proxies now, just like all the 4chan corps were.

anyone else find it interesting the moment goon loses its grip over the game universe the game suddenly goes free2play

its almost as if the game was an SA hugbox

Goons have been working at CCP for years, now that goonswarm has been broken CCP lost its money maker.

I knew I saw that wojak somewhere!

so they are literally having a cry now?

Eve has been struggling for years you dumb nigger.

And there was always someone having a grip over the game. Before Goons it was the Northern Coalition. Before the NC it was BoB. Before BoB it was -G- Alliance. And all that time Russians have been botting in half of the Universe anyway.
Goons are only the last ones in a long line of jews fostering a cancer.

I should know, i was actually one of the officers in -G- alliance and actively groomed the Alliances that later founded the Northern Coalition and i spent the following 8 years trying desperately to undo the damage we've done.

I got sick of most of the nullsec aspects and went into hs and started my own mining corps, just to hang out with people and get drunk while lasering space turds.

Then I got sick of the sheer incompetence I was facing by new players and the lack of any discipline by veterans who joined. In the end it became work again, just 24/7 handholding instead of 24/7 meta fuckery. Again I had to make spreadsheets, calculations and keep people happy I didnt actually give a fuck about. Blech.

I just wanted to buddy around again while watching an interactive screensafer.

Also those CODE fuckers… jesus fucking christ what a bunch of faggots.

Maybe Ill log back in, in a few months but for now, fuck this community.

Wait.

What happened to the Goonswarm, exactly?

One of their slave corps pissed off a literal Jew from a Gambling-site who hired a bunch of Mercenaries to fuck with them which snowballed into a war that ejected Goons and made them move to another region, and now some desperate plebbitors from TEST try to meme that Goons are dead or something.

dont bother, he is just retarded buthurt.

if goon worked for ccp then why EvE odyssee ?
why the "accident" who saved Test alliance.

goon are just impressive, face it, no mater how many time you manage to put them down, they will reform somewhere else and become even ore powerfull. like tumor

Goons aren't any different from most big alliances in the way that they are literally kept alive by a handfull of Autists.
Goonswarm would have literally died 5 years ago without three essential guys in the Industrial Wing who were autistic enough to run insane POS and Jumpbridge networks. Three guys.

And that's no different from most Alliances i've encountered over the Years. When you ascend gruntlevel and really take a look at the directorate, it's usually a tiny core of people that make or break the Alliance. Usually it's at least one FC to keep the grunts entertained, and a Jew to keep the money flowing. That's really all you need for an alliance to work. Recruiting some idiots to shoot on command is easy as long as these two essential roles are filled with NEETs.

That's why the propaganda and hate on the gruntlevel is so hilarious to me. The Goon directorate is really no different than any other directorate.

Legend of galactic heroes with real people.

I love these fanedits.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Nothing beats good old Supertwinkey spergouts tho.

Holla Forums does not own Holla Forums fuck off you cancerous faggot.

To be fair, raiding guilds don't work much different. All guilds rise and fall by the actions of their core members.

Which doesn't mean shitting up space with 400 other worthless grunts isn't fun.

just like real life.
you only need a selected few to lead forward.
the rest are just manpower.

Yes it does.

Never forget this.