The Last of Us Remastered can run at native 4K on PS4 Pro

videogamer.com/ps4/the_last_of_us_remastered/news/the_last_of_us_remastered_can_run_at_native_4k_on_ps4_pro.html

PS4 PRO HATERS BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alinea
svp-team.com/
blu-raydisc.com/Assets/Downloadablefile/White_Paper_General_4th_20150817_clean.pdf
manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/videos/videodisc.html
logicalincrements.com/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for what purpose

nobody cares

fixed the click baity OP ;)

what? its only one remaster with ps4 pro mode.

also

so two native 4k games for PS4 Pro at launch so far

How they going to justify yet another remaster?

My hero

why does it look like a sandwich?

I think we've reached the point where technology is actually regressing

Psst: when bethesda say "can" it means "absolutely cannot".

we reached that point with the wii, amiibos, and wiiu a long time ago

i just overlayed both pictures over each other
they're the exact same lmao

what are the odds

Probably because there's no PC version of Last of Us you fucking retard

sony sux and so does this thread :DDDD

You sux my cock lol ┐( ̄∀ ̄)┌

Ugh, do these devs even know what filmic means?

ikr fam smh tbqh

Not really proof of regression.

If he's using the Hobit as an example, then he's a fucking retard, the Hobit films were filmed with a HIGHER framerate than most other films

POO
IN
THE
LOO

Way to instantly show that you know nothing about what you're talking about.

if it ain't broke don't fix it I suppose?

but it be broke

CINEMATIC FEEL HD GRAPHICS

This is a joke, right?

Did anyone really fall for this?I mean I know we ahve ltos of underages and all but still

What a shit fucking thread. Sony's marketing team needs to outsource this shit better if you want to shill here.

Fuck man, "hurr you can buy this game a third time and play it in 4k!" is worse than "it's nut portable!" or "all I want for christmas is a psp".

I bet your boss is sweating because Microshit is about to somehow steal the role of 8th generation money printer because your shit interrim console can't even play 4k BluRays.

So Holla Forums would you rather play at 60fps/720p or at 30fps/1080p

YOU CANNOT HAVE BOTH
pc is cheating

Get some sleep.

Holy shit these guys are delusional. I dont get how people can play games at 30fps that shit makes my eyes BLEED. And once you go to a 144hz monitor with 120fps you'll never go back. Its like a whole new game.

Hey, hold the presses.

I thought graphics and frame rate don't matter.

Your not one of them there PC mustard race elitists are you

60fps/720p

but if the game is TLOU I would rather shitpost at 120fps

Always 60FPS, at least for action or otherwise real-time games. I already turn down graphical settings in most games just to ensure it so resolution isnt really that much of a bother.

I can cope with sub-60 if its turn-based but seeing framerate drops and stuttering really irks me.

Its never so much that games running below 60fps are worse, but having framerates flail about makes it hard to co-ordinate. At times, a rock solid 30fps can be better than something that fucks around 20~80fps depending on whats happening.

Graphics don't matter, but frame rate absolutely matters, I know this is bait, but I have to say this so that retards understand that.

I always play on low settings if I have to just so that I can stay at 60frames AT LEAST. IF its lower than 50-45 my eyes start to feel pain, and no one wants that.

Both matter.

Maybe you just have weak constitution

I used to play with 120-150 Hz (depending on resolution) on my CRT.
Migration to fucking hold-type display was hard.

Graphical fidelity (how shiny all the post-processing effects are or how big the megatextures are) doesn't matter, but graphical performance (framerate, consistency in style/presentation) does. Video games are an audiovisual medium afterall.

I'm saying as a point to be made, that Frames do in fact matter more than the graphics of a game. I would gladly run a game at all low settings if it meant that I could run it at 60fps. I would gladly have the best graphics and the best frames, but if i had to choose, I would choose a higher FPS. Not to mention graphics sometimes distract from the actual gameplay itself, and if a game is doing that. Its most likely shit.

And I have to do that sometimes with newer games, except its on medium.

I don't give a shit

Does Bloodborne run at 1080p 60fps?

Couldn't that functionality be added later with an update though? By not putting an 'Ultra HD Blu-ray' logo on their console they'll save a bundle. The original Xbox did something similar by having DVD playback enabled when a remote control and dongle were purchased. Sony could sell an update that covers the licensing costs and have 4k blurays playing in no time at all.

If that's Microsoft's only trump card for the 8th gen they're absolutely fucked.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Sony always wins

wew, so glad I built a PC this gen

it's your own fault for going there you know

to be fair, that screencap is before the exodus.

You'd have to find out whether UHD playback is simply a driver or codec update or if it requires a whole new drive.

Bro

yeah but still, even then 4chan was already shitposting incarnate, inflammatory retarded posts were usually just bait and as such can't be assumed to be genuine in any way. Screencapping one of a billion posts like this is just useless and doesn't say anything. Screencapping the same post on reddit or sonygaf, that would actually mean something, because these faggots are by their own rules required to be serious, otherwise they'd be banned

What the hell is with console devs and this insane, furious, frothing at the mouth hatred of 60fps? Nioh allow you to choose between 30 and 60fps, why can't other games do the same?

I stopped caring about consoles ten years ago, op.

UHD is going to tank hard, just like 3D.

Devs WANT their games to run in 30fps.

Gamers are graphic whores after all.

I checked the bluray wiki section on ultra HD but it doesn't mention if the new players requires a new optical drive. These new disks are simply using more layers. It could be impossible but I doubt it.

And with the ps3 they did a firmware update to let it play 3d blurays so this wouldn't be unprecedented.

Because nobody wants 60fps if it means less graphical details.

this just seems impossible
there's no way this will maintain 30 fps at 4k. making it playable at all will probably require significant sacrifices in other areas.

Have you been in a electronic store lately?

All new TVs are 4k now. They're not even expensive anymore.

I don't care either, I play JRPGs and VNs. But 4k is coming.

Says you.

No says reality.

You're aware devs can make games that run in 60fps if they want, right? Now think for a few seconds.

Why don't they?

They already cut corners to get it running at 60fps in the remastered version anyway

Because that involves optimization which requires talent and effort. Most AAA game devs are shitty failed programmers who couldn't get the big boy jobs so they reisgned themselves to video games.

This is exactly my point.

Frames or eye candy.

The people have spoken.

Yeah I'm sorry I still write like I've done since my first forum post in 2001. I'm not one for change.

I guess they don't teach spacing in school anymore?

nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alinea

Consolefag pls go watch movies

I know it's bait, but it's because most people who think they like video games actually like tech demos. If we just stuffed them in a room with some pixar films and told them that they were actually rendered on a kitchen appliance they would be happy.

I still remember all the retards who fell for the Next Gen meme and knew nothing about what they're talking about.

So many people knocked their shit in that people are actually slightly less dumb nowadays considering these points.

No

wasn't the hobbit filmed at around 48fps?
It could be that I am used to it, but I remember liking it better

don't you have to pay for a patch?

Yes, and it looks great
Normalfags are just used to eating shit

so they're not upscaling it anymore?
Welp
It doesn't matter if cost less than a gay men PC, I bet you haven't factored in the cost of your $600 laptop into the cost of a PC. Plus the "larger" initial investment of a PC pays off over the years.

*revier that rates

You cheeky cunt.

It's amazing. I think those pictures drive home the fact that this gen is all about shitty, unnecessary lighting effects. There's been barely any increase in the detail of textures, number of enemies that can be on screen at once, or anything that might benefit gameplay. In fact, this gen doesn't even manage 30 fps in their muddy, brown "interactive dramas." You know the industry is fucked when the handheld systems have had the most interesting games for two gens straight.

Oops, I forgot to add that a gtx 950 can play crysis 3 (a game released around the same time as TLOU and probably graphically better ) at 4K settings /30fps
Although I don't get what's the whole fuss about 4k, I think we really should be going for 144hz as the industry standard.
And I don't think people poor enough to have to think they have to buy a console have enough money for a 4K tv.
So basically Sony and MS are cashing in on people dumb enough to buy a console.

144 fps cinema fucking when. Or 120, that's also a multiple of 24.

That's the issue. What's the point of having a PC when there are no PC games anymore?

FUCKING HELL

There are. It's just that they're all on handheld systems. This gen is so fucked that Sony needs to steal games from the Vita of all systems to make it look like the PS4 has games.

When you disregard anything made In the past few years as "indieshit" it might look like that: but here are some "new" games that are good PC exclusives.
Here are 10 under $60

fuck forgot the "with mods" after BoI

It's not a "twin-stick" shooter if you can't use the second stick to shoot, it's a four-directional shooter. It's also on consoles.

if bannerlord isn't 60fps it says more about the incompetence of the team considering the game looks like a late xbox game/early 360 game. To be honest none of those games are remotely graphically impressive, and not even half as good looking as something like uncharted 4.

Why did op show an image of 3 fat PS2 stacked onto each other?

I meant to put "with mods" on it
Never the less, I'll name another game

I'm a lover of AA games by small publishers. They've gone extinct or moved to consoles entirely.
Anyway I played KSP, but that is 2011 game.
The most notable Indie game was Minecraft, which represents the state PC gaming is in.

Because suckers will buy it.

My console has just as many games.

The pc version has a video playback bar at the bottom suggesting that it's a cinematic meme "game" that you might as well just watch on youtube for free.

48fps is not “much higher”.

also Redout looks twice as goot as UC4 because the art style is superb, but if you want straight up graphical fidelity that beats it then play another game with a U and a 4 in the acronym.

What's the point in having a console when there's no console games anymore except Bloodborne, but I'll take 60FPS and complete backwards compatibility over BB any day

PЯФTIP: use SVP to turn any video into glorious 60fps.

svp-team.com/

Hey, anons, I don't have a PS4, is there any reason to buy this Pro piece of shit instead of slim if I don't have a 4K TV?

Yes

for what purpose?

Maybe (and this is a really big maybe) it will run games better but when it comes out you might as well just buy a 2nd hand ps4 for cheap

Nigger are you retarded

There's a possibility that some games will run worse on the standard model in the future, like what happened with Hyrule Warriors (runs like ass on the regular 3DS, but it's okay on the "new" 3DS).

Kill yourself.

The only way to watch shit at high framerates is if it was made natively like that, like the Hobbit was. Artificially introducing frames looks like shit.

Nope. It actually does look bretty good most of the time. Give it a try.

no it looks like shit

Nuh-huh. It looks good.

Are they going to remaster some naked Ellie into the game?

It looks like ass. It makes everything look weightless plus it smears the screen at points because it'll fuck up estimating where frames should be.

If shit is made in 60 fps–like vidya–it's fine, but taking filmed material made in 24 or 30 fps and creating fake frames to make it look smoother is shit. You're probably the same kind of tasteless faggot that turns on that motion smoother mode on your tv. kill yourself.

at least try to provide a game that looks better

I honestly don't care since I usually play on a toaster anyways. Also it kinda makes me chuckle watching some retards arguing over some frames, it just really shows how spoiled they are.

positives
negatives

24 was chosen completely arbitrarily when the film industry was in its infancy. Whether it's a multiple or not is completely irrelevant.

I don't care about 4k on fucking consoles, because I don't have a 4k TV.

I don't care about 4k movies, because movies are shit.

There's only a few games on consoles that I want, and they're all on PS4.

There's a slim chance than PSVR might have a game worth playing in a few years, after a price drop to a non-insane level - and if not, there's always Summer Lesson I can import.

PS4 won't be able to play PSVR for shit. The only hope for a semi-tolerable experience with my virtual waifu is the PS4p.

If nothing else, someone will write bootleg drivers for PSVR to use on a PC a cheaper alternative for wank games.

PSVita Remote Play might be ok, because I never leave my house anyhow, and I want Gravity Rush 2 on the Vita.

Feel free to return to Reddit at any time.

I'm saying if you really think that there is no game on PC with better gwafix than UC4 then you're wrong, though that shouldn't be the primary reason to choose a system in the first place.

It needs its own optical drive.

They released screenshots of Horizon Zero Dawn and Deus Ex Mankind Divided in PS4P mode. Surprise, it looks like shit with obvious upscaling and really shit image quality like poor texture filtering.

Deus Ex is around 1600P and Horizon is 1440P if you are wondering Native rez as well.

The checkerboard rendering optimization can produce artifacts if implemented badly, yes. Devs will need some experience before a 4k TV can be recommended for gaming - but 4k TVs also need some time before they can be recommended for gaming as current models are laggy as hell.

You're really shitty shill. Good job

It was chosen, because it was barely watchable when opening the shutter of the projector twice on each frame (48 Hz flickering with much less inducing headaches and further brain damage) and didn't waste too much film, which was pretty expensive in the first half of the 20th century.
So less than 24 fps:
More than 24 fps:
Just increasing the framerate of a film from 24 to 30 fps basically increased the price of the film by 25 %. And you have to change the film rolls after less time.
For millenials it's just switch in encoder settings.

trying to look this up there is a lot of mixed talk. there is also fucking SHIT TON of DRM mixed into the fucking UHD drives themselves looks like they have to call back to company servers to before reading the desks

True, I misspoke, when I said arbitrary I meant "no technical reason", it was a financial choice.

ok looking at the white paper

blu-raydisc.com/Assets/Downloadablefile/White_Paper_General_4th_20150817_clean.pdf

UHD blrays are the fucking same as blray- XL BUT with ALOT more drm.

THE PS4 (that is sold now) DOSE NOT SUPPORT blray XL.

manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/videos/videodisc.html

Playback of these types of discs is not supported.

CD
BD-RE ver.1.0
BD-R/RE XL

the new PS4s MAY come with the drives that can read 3 and 4 layer burays and they will just set a firmware update with all the DRM but if they come with the same drive that they have now they will never run UHD disks because they can only read 2 layer blurays.

Fucking why? Isn't it just a port of a PS3 game with fancy shaders on top?

Libshtit propaganda in 4k and less than 60 fps. Can't wait.

Thanks for clarifying this even if it's still up in the air whether or not it's possible.

Back when the Wii came out Nintendo said it was technically impossible to play dvds on it. The Wii homebrew scene proved them wrong.

They aren't wrong about it requiring more than a firmware upgrade, it would need specific hardware installed and pay licensing fees to be sold legally as a DVD player.

i sorry if im not explaining it well

UHD bluray is ONLY (some what) compatible with Bluray-XL drives. the current ps4 doesn't have a Bluray-XL drive

the drive physically can't focus the laser to read a 3 layer bluray. all of the ps4s out right now will never read UHD blrays .

because the new ps4 isn't out we can't say 100% that it has the same type of drive that the current ps4 has. they many not and sony is pulling this cost cutting bs again.

I understand that, I meant to say that even with an optical drive capable of reading the new disks they might not be able to provide an update to support it because of legal issues relating to DRM.

My 5 year old shitty laptop with 5 lbs of cat hair in it can run things faster

not last of us remastered in 4k

Yeah, but only for less than a minute before it starts smoking

That comment about 24fps with motion blur is best cinematically is correct though. I've seen enough British comedy shows from the 80's to know what it looks like. Whether you think this is better or worse in video games is subjective, as in ascetics over responsiveness to applied game.

I bet it would still take up less space than the actual game.

It needs a good AA method to get away with it. Both DX and Horzon are using temporal solutions and not very good ones along with Anisoptric Filtering still being only 4x.

You need a good 4xMSAA or a heavy SMAA solution and even then in game will be incredibly blurry (Console versions of Rainbow Six Siege and Quantum Break for example) and games that use TAA like R6Siege or Street Fighter V also have huge blur problems on PS4 (And SF V runs on low to medium on PS4. The texture filtering is shockingly poor)

Still incredible how Sony only had one job to fix the image quality of the games and couldn't even do that. One fucking job. AFx16 is fucking free on PC.

Are there actually consolefags out there that are going to pay for a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro to play games at 30fps?

BLOODBORNE AT 60FPS NOW YOU FUCKING JAP BASTARDS!

I only play JRPGs and VNs these days. I stopped giving a shit about graphics or triple A titles years ago. Hate playing online and the only game site I frequent besides this one is nichegamer. When everyone was playing GTA5 I was playing Xenogears.

The only reason I responded in this thread was to explain WHY games on consoles will always be 30fps. But ofcourse predictably it turned into a memerace circle jerk thread.

rofl wtf? mark literally edited the OP to say "itll be limited to 30 fps"

DX also throws a sharpening filter into the mix, horrible idea in general if you ask me, but I'm firmly in the "antialiasing first, sharpness comes second" camp and specifically with the 4x4 checkerboard variant. Don't forget where that checkerboard variant had its origin, in VR. There you have the framerate to get a good reconstruction of the full res image. Doesn't work as well under low framerate conditions where the Rainbow6 checkerboard variant has a better sample distribution. Guess we'll see dynamic switching between those methods when they're no longer the shiny new toys but just another part of the general toolkit.
It's not. Not even in the PC environment where you can't optimize for a specific architecture and certainly not on a fixed platform where you can.
Would a higher grade of AF be worth the cost? Up to 4x yes, no questions asked, but 8x or 16x? Not a huge improvement and the resources are limited so it's often not worth it.

That is really sad.

It looks great to me, way better than 24 fps, which is jittery as fuck in comparison. Don't know what you're so butthurt about.

remember there was going to be " an update that will fix that "

Damn right suckers will buy it. :^)

So shit shadows or just interlaced?

It's it isn't remastered. It's the same PS4 game with a huge patch applied.

Lord Of The Ring was made in 60fps and it look like shit

Now tell me, what kind of PC spec do you need to play games in 4K at 60fps?

Fuck out of here normalfag, it looks like shit because the CGI used is shit.

Native?
800 eurobucks, medium settings

No its not, shooting movie at 60fps LITERALLY makes it look like shit

fuck off retard

what is wrong with reddit being here? HW invited them.

Hotwheels doesn't own this website newfag

That's why God punished him.

Honestly it depends on the game. Some games are super well optimized, some are really not. A good way to check it out is to go to logical increments, say what you will about the site, I don't care, go suck a tail pipe too while you're at it. But they have a bunch of various guides to gaming, and they know their shit. They shop around and find the best prices, although this isn't apparent, because most idiots tend to go "I spent $400 on this thing" and they don't think "I spent $400 plus $50 shipping on this thing" – that's not $400, it's $400 plus shipping or $450. So when you budget $600 for something and then you pay $200 on top of the $600, you paid $800, yes? Well they take into account taxes and shipping to try and find the best price TOTAL spent.

Anyway you mouseover the tier you are looking at to see how a game stacks up. They rate games based on "can we achieve 60 fps in this game?" So while you won't achieve 60 fps at 4K playing the game at a lower rating than 5 stars, you can still achieve 30 fps. And that's the parity with a console is 30 fps (and they usually run with low settings on consoles anyway). Anything beyond that is just beating the console at this point.

So for $479 US dollars you could play World of Warcraft at 4K with over 30 FPS. That's a R7 370 or a GTX 950 on an FX 63XX CPU… They mix and match to meet the price point listed, so sometimes you'll see a weaker CPU with a stronger GPU. Which is kinda spotty. But anyway… The first great build is $618 and is an i3 6X00 with an R9 380 or a GTX 960.

Like it or not, WoW is used as a benchmark not because "hey this is a good game" but because "hey, this game keeps getting more bloated and more horsepower is needed to run it!"

Anyway their hardware ratings are based on max settings. So if you don't want to play a game with full AA, AF, Super Sampling, Super Deduper fucking hairworks, blah blah blah then you can accomplish a lot of the games for lesser hardware. They just assume you're gonna crank the settings up to max.

What kind of ps4 you need to play a video game?

A working one. :^)

I highly doubt you can get 4K with that setup
logicalincrements.com/

WRONG YOU MISLEADING
ASSHOLE
IM TIRED OF PEOPLE
SPREADING FALSE INFO ABOUT
SONY

It will be 24fps.

no gaems

Sure fam, how about killing yourself for sticking to shit standarts from the stonge age that are no longer necessary?
Thats what the Piss Poor No is doing though

Why does someone even want that?
I want 1280x720 @ 180 fps.

I see what you fucking did there…

smh tbh fam

I never did that

The Hobbit truly was just a giant turd, whether it was a 60fps turd or a 30 fps turd

Well of course, at a higher framerate it would look like a videogame from the 1990s. That just wouldn't do.

The Hobbit was neither 60 or 30 fps, fam.

Medium settings still looks better than consoleshit Mr Retardo.

Get out

Ok, I simply cannot be the only person who thinks 4k is retarded. I'd much rather have 60fps and a lower resolution, we don't even make 4k textures yet

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/9gag/
>>>/freech/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/facebook/
>>>/a/

If he was putting pc on the same standard as consoles he'd have settled for low settings + 30fps

Ultra or bust, poorfag.

Motion blur is OBJECTIVELY shit. It's not a subjective matter in the slightest. You know what already applies motion blur? your eyes

why are faggot developers so happy on resolution and textures when FPS is far more important for gaming enjoyment?

Fucking casual

l>>10675039
Holy shit

Nigger please

Because you can't see the fps on marketing posters

Normalfags

aka this

that would be ridiculous, consoles get exclusives that aren't 4x or rts games.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I WANT IT NOW YOU JAP FUCKS

>>>/reddit/
>>>/r9k/

I want a bald ellie riding a bald joel titled the last of just

Not a fair comparison at all. Super Mario All-Stars actually had improved graphics.

He's… not… wrong?

I fail to see how the correct answer = must be ledditor

You're talking shit there and I can prove it. When it comes to movies recording at 24fps, if you look at high action sequences frame by frame you will notice lots of blur because thats how the camera picked up the information. It's recorded everything together in a 24th of a second. If however you had a high speed camera (say 6000fps) and then only used the 24th of a second frames and then put them together, you will end up with a stutter effect because the blurs are no longer there that were making the movement flow seemlessly. It's the same with video games. Because the visuals are generated and displayed at 30fps, that is the only thing you're getting and because the human eye can operate higher in the real world we need something to fill in those gaps for it to look seemless.

If you have an issue with poorly implemented motion blur then fair enough, but don't say motion blur is objectively shit when practically almost all movies use it.

he used a reddit meme as a reaction image is why unironically