Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TurtleHx/Bioshock-Physics-Unlocker/releases
please
steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/590358275265994185
archive.is/DytC2
archive.is/pX60V
archive.is/eml5F
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rand from the lense of a lefist wasn't commie friendly enough already?

Good thing none of the bioshock games were good.

This.
/thread

The second one was decent enough

I hope they don't also fuck up the Modern Warfare Remaster (give it 6 months after release, then they'll sell it separately). Why do devs now have a hard time remastering games?

Seriously, how can developers not optimize at all anymore? There's barely any improvement at all in terms of visuals if there even is any to begin with.

No

What do you mean by this, OP?

Because it's enough if it runs wqith 30fps on console.
PC is just an after though.

It actually has shittier lighting and textures than the original.

god fucking dammit, I just want to be able to play 2 without it shitting itself and crashing

but the game isn't even old.
what are these crypto kikes doing?

Yes

But Bioshock already ran on PCs at higher resolutions and framerates than you can get on consoles, how do you screw this up? All they probably needed to do was improve system compatibility, but yet somehow the game has to take up more space than the original on top of that and looks worse.

There are fixes to remove shit like the annoying save bug I think.

It's almost 10 years old, that's old enough to start milking it. And yet somehow it looks worse than it did in 2007.

Wait…

How in the fuck is Bioshock 1 heavier than Bioshock 2 now?

Or Bioshock: Infinite, whatever it's called.

There's no way the 2007 Bioshock should be that large.

Incompetent programmers. It's a lost art now that Iwata is gone.

Did they even fix the sound engine that would shit itself randomly?

bioshock 1 and 2 I enjoyed very much.

Gates' Law is real.

I forget which trailer it was, but on Holla Forums a couple weeks ago several anons noted that the remaster completely omitted the bit in Andrew Ryan's speech in the opening where he says "no, says the man in Moscow, it belongs to everyone."

If that's true, I'm gonna be pic related levels of assblasted. That opening speech by Ryan is one of my fondest gaming memories from when I first booted it up in college, and is far better than most of the actual gameplay of the original Bioshock.

If they ended up censoring content I'm gonna be platinum levels mad. The 20 extra gigs is annoying but not that big a deal to me, the censorship is.

Don't count on it. It's likely they're using a newer IW engine, which is the reason most people hate COD even if they don't know it. Bad framerates, terrible lag compensation, graphics that hinder your sight in the game all coming to your favourite game. Also the old devs are gone, so the new guys won't really understand any of the nuances of the game.(I bet they'll even remove tall grass)

Point is that they removed the Soviet Union/Russia part of the original line.

Pretty sure it was just cut for trailer timing, not in-game.

The thing aboutMW is that it was good Cod, a great cod, but who could've known it lighted the whole mutliplayer casual shit into every other competing game.

And you have nothing to back that up.

After looking at their website, they look like the kind of faggot contractors who would censor a remaster.

Makes sense.

There's some dude called Ghostrobo who uploaded a bit of the game, with fucking "HEY GUYS ITS _" annoying commentary over it, but it's still there.

The only question is if the same will apply to the audio logs.

Andrew Ryan did nothing wrong though.

WAIT A MINUTE THAT CARD

Would you hire this contractor after all their hard work on these quality titles?

Ok but

This is the reason I can't take anyone seriously here. People hear something, continue telling the same bullshit again and again without checking if it's true or not

Here's the video the guy I quoted is talking about, go to 6:47 and you can see that the line is still there

It could be either that the site is filled with idiots who believe anything they're told, or that we reached a point where censoring a remaster in order to support some ideology is entereily possible.
Hard to say which one is worse.

Both

is the greentext greener or am i Losing my mind?

No, it is greener.

It is. Go to options and change it if you want.

thanks

That game was commie to begin with.
Both of these are cornerstones of being a filthy commie. If you don't devote yourself to your god first and your nation second, you may as well suck anita's dick.

I think some people just seek out righteous indignation to stew in.

Christcuck detected.

You wrong. Gommie/communism are religion. Lurk a Leninism

Which one YHWH or Allah? That's a trick question, both are the same volcano demon.

This has always been how things are done around here.
Just because the userbase here is slightly better then reddit or facebook we still have our share of idiots.
Like the ones who said that Steam was refunding NMS past 2 hours.

What the fuck? it's a 2013 game and it was praised for having very good graphics.

That was Infirmity, Bioshock 1 was 2007.

Lost my shit for some reason.

I was just hoping that it might improve stability. I can't play the Minerva DLC in Bioshock 2 without frequent crashes straight to desktop for some reason. Also, in Bioshock 2 overall, I could never get the mouse speed right. If I cranked up the speed it'd still be slow in-game, but move ridiculously fast in any and all menus. So that was another fix I was hoping for.

No idea if the first one would also have such problems on my current system, I haven't played it in years. But I just finally played 2 a few months ago.

Oh good I guess I'll get to try it after all.

Dude…

If it is, it certainly did a shit job at putting it into a positive light.

Consolefags on suicide watch

Did they fix the issue where the internal physics engine only runs at 30fps while the game can run at 60+ fps? I remember it was always jarring watching enemies move and ragdoll because I'd be looking and moving smoothly yet the enemies' animation would be jerky.

i am LOSING my MIND

Probably uncompressed audio files and other useless bullshit.

You can already fix that with a fanmade patch: github.com/TurtleHx/Bioshock-Physics-Unlocker/releases

It's both unfortunately.

Wish I knew about that 2 decades ago when I played the game.

the Arkham games are even less old but here we are, in CURRENT YEAR.

This is a good one, I'll be sure to use this in the future.

Shame to his family, tbh.

that mic needs shooped into a giant dildo

we have entered a special time where developers are so incompetent they can't even do remasters of their own games right.

Holy fucking kek

They already infiltrated that movement. There is one organization called the Center for a Stateless Society. It's commie as fuck.

I have more respect for communism.

The whole 2K team has been replaced with SJW faggots. Of course they don't.
Same with happened with Bioware. Same name, but a whole different slew of shit.

you only need God.

Are you some poorfag nigger that can't handle this for some reason? DX11 itself is 7 year old technology, are you bitching because your 8800GT can't run it or something?

Gee, it's almost like higher res textures and possibly improved quality sound effects take up more space or something. Who fucking knew?

Gamma control nigger, use it.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Good thing contrarianism is alive and well on Holla Forumseddit.

Infinite was untouched for PC because PC was already at the level consolefags will get with the remaster. :^)

It's called "have an actual sound card you pleb". Bioshock's sound engine worked pretty flawlessly every time I played it on PC.

Only if you have a toaster.
Do you suffer from brain damage, diabetes, or some other eye disease? It's not hard to see at all. This isn't Battlefield 3+ shit where bloom is super overdone and every single fucking map in SP and MP is at a time of day where the sun is shining right into your eyes.

"Fact checking is haaaaaaaaard, I just want to kvetch about things I don't know anything about and whine about games not being made so a toaster from 2004 could play it at 60fps reeeeeeeeeee"

Only because that faggot con artist Fontaine had to shit things up for his own personal gain. Rapture worked fine without him.

yes goy, listen to the voice of g-d, we are the g-ds chosen so you should listen to us

but the only reason to play bioshock 1&2 was the story everything else was a downgrade, except for the shinny graphics

Speaking of green, why'd they change the greentext shade?

kek

Downgrade compared to what? Don't tell me you're doing the "system shock" meme. It may be called a "spiritual successor", but all that means is it happens to cover similar concepts.
Like how Project Snowblind is considered a "spiritual successor" to Deus Ex, but isn't a Deus Ex game so using that as a point of comparison is pointless. Granted in this case it was originally supposed to be a Deus Ex spinoff, but that's beside the point.

Rapture wasn't even libertarian it was just riffing off of Rand.

Wine's DirectX 10/11 support isn't finished yet and high-resolution textures don't take up that much space anyways, not that you can call pics related high-res by any stretch of the imagination.

Forgot the last image.

Consider how the normalfags will see this.

Totally, every dudebro I know checks how many gigs a game is before getting it.

fucking dumbfuck

I mean, aren't there already texture overhauls for Bioshock?

The only people buying this would be idiots, so it makes sense to market it to idiots.

Its called Bioshock Infinite

Wew there, lad. For starters, there is no law of games, physics, computing, logic, or the universe that says that games that come later must take up more space (see: Minecraft). Second, if the games have roughy equal resolution, vertices on each model, etc, then the only factor that will determine size is the amount of content… and if you are wondering how Bioshock 1 can have as much content as BS2, I think that is more a statement about BS2 than it is about the original.

bioshock has one of the best wrenchs of all time, I love swinging it and smacking people with it and it had a really good feel to it.

I thought it was wildly inconsistent.
Sometimes you'd thwack someone and it felt like you were hitting a lump of flesh with a solid hunk of metal as they'd get sent flying. It was really nice.
Other times it felt more like you were hitting them with a plastic wrench you found in a boy's toy toolbox. It was just disappointing and ineffectual.

System Shock 2's wrench was more satisfying. It was a struggle to use it. It felt large and unwieldy, which actually worked to its benefit in the tense atmosphere, yet every hit landed with impact even if it took a few swings to actually knock the target out.

Alright nigger

Who fucking cares? That is quite literally unimportant, it's a tiny niche of people that want to play Windows vidya on their autism loonux machine. If developers based shit on how emulators would handle it we'd be as stuck in 2005 as we were when the xbox 360 and PS3 were the consolefags of the time.

Plus for fuck's sake it's been out for 7 years, maybe linuxfags should hurry the fuck up and not take this long to emulate something going on a decade old.

Those textures are also quite a major improvement, on top of higher polycount models. Not high enough an increase, but decent. Not nearly as much an improvement as Fallout 3/NV and their practically 128x128 textures to Fallout 4's.

You get it for free if you own the original. If you don't, then unless there are retarded changes to the game we don't know about because the remasters aren't fucking released yet, there wouldn't likely be much point in buying the old version over the new. The only thing that's practically guaranteed is the hardware audio acceleration and EAX greatness from the original 1 & 2 will be gone, replaced with some stupid shit that uses CPU cycles to process audio while not sounding nearly as good.

Of course, it could turn out like the BFG edition of Doom 3 and be full of shitty, nonsensical changes that make the game some casual faggy shit while censoring the medkits in the older games, or like the Dead Island remaster where the niggers called Deep Silver won't let Techland even touch the fucking thing to fix the 30,000 new bugs and lack of player shadow.

I still don't get why games, especially remasters like this, take up so much space. Is it really that hard to properly compress files?

user, I don't think you understand Ryan's logic here. Commies want to abolish religion because it puts the state below God. Ryan was against religion because he thought it leeched off man's intellectual pursuits. Same thing for heavy government as well.

Fuck off >>>/christian/

>>>/reddit/
None of the changes we've seen so far required spectacularly raising the system requirements or porting the game's renderer to DirectX 11. Enjoy your poorly-optimized console port with abysmal textures, none of it matters because "lol poorfags."

Did you actually play the game? Ryan is the bad guy. He's portrayed as a despotic lunatic, which is the chief irony of the game's story.

Holy fuck it looks exactly the same. Even if this thing ends up crashing and burning, it hurts that we live in a day and age when expensive market research leads publishers to believe that it will be profitable. And it'll probably be a huge financial success anyway.

I bet they didn't even give Tenenbaum her model from 2

user, this is a christian board

Where do you think you are?

Pssh

Uh… you don't get to bring followers.

The harder you try, the more you out yourself as a faggot.

Ryan didn't start out that way. He truly believed in his philosophy. He saw what Fontaine was doing and went insane trying to stop him. He eventually comes around and realizes his mistake when he has you kill him. It kind of mimics the increasing federal power of the U.S.

I find it funny that owners of the originals on PC will get the remasters for free because even the publishers know nobody is going to pay for this shit except Console-goys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>/lefty/ will defend this

Step up your game, homie.

We need to talk, user.

Meanwhile System Shock is getting a remake.

Wow. Her skirt now has CREASES IN IT!
IT'S A TOTALLY NEW GAME!
CAN'T WAIT TO CUDDLE WITH THOSE CREASES!

Did it need a fucking remaster?

People who don't like christcucks aren't Holla Forums you paranoid cuck, go back to shoving rosary beads up your ass and donating to Israel

Fuck off back to your xbox faggot. People like you are the reason we were stuck on DX9.0c despite DX10, 10.1, and 11 were out.

That's for starting new projects, not replacing some models and textures in a 9 year old game with prebaked lighting that still looks fine.

IT'S NOT A REMASTER
It's a port to 8th Gen consoles with several mistakes made along the way (just watching comparison footage I was able to spot dozens of retarded changes) and then it gets ported back to PC for no reason.

I've been on PC for years and I could care less about a shitty API. The game is clearly made worse if it got 20 GB worth of bloat for a "remaster"

List these changes you saw

Swapped out higher res textures for lower res ones in several places, some of them are the same texture but they are inexplicably rotated the wrong way or increased in scale (thus making them seem lower resolution), downgraded/changed enemy models for no reason, fire effects downgraded, water effects missing/downgraded.

Really to most people it just sounds like bitching about minor stuff, which it is, but where I hit a brick wall is the idea of playing this "remaster" on PC over the original. Port it to 8th gen? Fine. Make mistakes along the way? I honestly expect it. Porting those mistakes back to PC with no actual improvements to be had? FULL RETARD.

Fucking hell

You're also forgetting this is also for the consolefags. You really think xbox, with its very late adaptation of DX11, is going to also include a shitty DX9 API?

>>>Holla Forums

Its like they just added or removed Bloom in places, also they kinda made the geometry look less rough. And it looks like they got rid of anything that looked like rubble or dirt or anything that really said "This place is going down."

Glad I was disappointed when it came out the first time

So will they fix the gameplay?

More efficient if you use it properly speaking more from my limited experience with OpenGL rather than Direct3D, and from both the visual appearance and the system requirements I feel qualified to say that they fucked up big time.

Do you stare at an upscaled NES game in the wrong aspect ratio and say it looks amazing?

Hello newfriend

Do you set your games to DX9 mode and use that slavfag's shitty ENB plugin to make you think the game suddenly looks better?

No but generally 4k textures these days look washed out like in Fallout 4.

They're remastering Bioshock 2 as well, so that could be another shitshow entirely.

are you fifteen?

I fucking wish m8. Well, maybe not. The optimization of that game is already pretty shit anywhere tons of foliage is, and the volumetric lighting is the most inefficiently handled implementation since Stalker Clear Sky. A GTX1080 OC + i7 6700K OC should not be hitting below 60FPS anywhere in the game at all, not even Far Harbor.
Also having to cap the framerate at 100 because any faster and conversations overlap lines, the game goes into superspeed mode, and generally breaks kind of sucks

But no, Fallout textures aren't even remotely close to 4k.

But there doesnt seem to even be a difference

Are you blind?

I liked Bioshock. Well, except for the whole "muh racism" stuff of course.

For me a game's textures look good when they're made good and used well. I think Half-Life and some of its mods have fantastic textures. I don't mind the polygon count or resolution. I like how it's set in Stalker as well. Fallout NV did some pretty neat usage of the FO3 textures in more interesting ways. That's why the remaster for this seems pointless. Bioshock looked good. Don't touch it.

I swear the lighting is actually worse in the second one

I agree

And thanks to unrealistically clear reflection (now free from any of the original's water distortion effects) you can clearly see the low-resolution ceiling texture reflected all over the pond. Great job, I've seen better water reflections in freetard games made by hobbyists.

The contrast between the shadowed areas and the light areas is worse. There's nowhere truly dark in the remaster screenshot, so you can clearly see the low polygon count and poor textures in the upper left, which were previously hidden in the dark shadows.

The reflection is technically good in that it's an actual approximate real-time reflection, which is somehow rare in most games from 2003 onward despite Unreal Engine, made in Tim Sweeny's garage in the 90s, handling it flawlessly. But it isn't an exact reflection, you can tell that just like in Far Cry 4, the reflected area is actually using lower LOD quality versions of the models in the reflections for some misguided concept of "optimization". Which is strange considering in the original, it looks like the same model quality is in the reflection.

Yes, it is less realistic in its new form, the "remastering" team must think water is a mirror.

Libertarianism turns your nation into a fucking vagina.

Christ never tells you to forsake your nation, he explicitly says the opposite.

No they didn't stop spreading this bullshit.

Are you completely unable to do any critical thinking? Rapture crashed and burned, how is that not a message that this type of society just wouldn't work? Also the book the game was based off of Atlas Shrugged is all about revealing the deep flaws of socialism and communism.

I've only played Bioshock one on a friend's Ps3 when it came out, but it seems dumb to buy this new collection.
Do they actually give it for free if you already own the old games on Steam? Was there a cutoff date for that?

If this is their test to make more bioshock games then I'll take it tbh, I don't care

I always liked the political themes of the game because it gave the world a lot of character, but I really hope no one actually tries to point to a fictional story as some kind of proof that whatever system Rapture was supposed to be embracing doesn't work. No matter what your political leanings are, you need to cite the real world when talking about these things, not a place where if someone doesn't maintain their home properly they drown and entire building full of people because of it.

The PS3 version was released a while after the PC/360 versions. Supposedly if you own the originals you get the remastersports for free, but there isn't much solid information out yet. If they over-write my originals in my library I will raise hell.

Yeah it's free.

What why? Infinite was trash.

I just read the article they posted.
Apparently when you own them you can decide to upgrade, I don't think it'll be automatic.

Dunno, is 9 euros worth spending for the original?

Just pirate it, look where the money will go

Where will it go?

Upgrade? As in OVERRIDE? Fuck that shit.

Should have bought it on one of the literally dozens of sales over the last 9 years. Still, that is pretty cheap and I really like the game so yeah I'm personally fine with paying that, but I can't speak for your own tastes.

Do you like shootan combined with special abilities? Do you like slowly upgrading your weapons and abilities? Do you like making black-and-white moral choices? If yes, then you might like Bioshock.

they're not all bad

wasn't this just a gimmick to sell plastic toys?
granted - pile of shit
i liked it
never played it, but from what i saw, it looked alright
not played this - not heard anything particularly bad about it though
this was also a lot of fun

50%-66% hit rate is not bad.

Shit son, you're missing out on a bretty gud game if you like turn based stuff.

They've confirmed that it'll just show up in your steam library as a separate title

Reported for intl.

Reported for intl.

Reported for intl.

Sauce please.

I don't think it'll override, but then again there's no info.
I know I already like the game, I just don't know if it's a good idea to buy it

Oh well I have 5 days to decide

please use archive.is/2016/09/10/how-to-return-to-redeem-bioshock-remastered-free/#more-397145

they won't override the originals

If anything you could get the non-Steam retail used off Amazon even cheaper.

Well if you want, Bioshock 1&2 are on sale for $5 each on humble bundle. If you like the first game you'll like 2. Infinite is shit though.

You're one of the worse shills yet.

Anyone who posts le facebuch frog is a newfag.

(((critical thinking)))

The guns feel wimpy and boring. Mechanically and from a level design perspective Bioshock is mediocre if not outright bad, it just stands out to normalfags who are used to corridor shooters and enjoy the atmosphere which is admittedly well-done even though I don't care for the plot itself.

steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/590358275265994185

The shotgun and the grenade launcher have always been good fun. The rest I could agree with.

Thanks for the sauce.

There's that word again.

That only would apply if they were the landowners, and most of rapture's population (middle and lower class) were not. The landowner, typically Ryan, was responsible for maintaining structural integrity of the sections of Rapture he owned and rented. Fontaine bought a section of Rapture outright, but if he flooded it, Ryan would simply have sealed it off.

Do we know if they really took out the parts in the beginning about The Man in Moscow in order to not offend Socialists/Communists?

What were his posts wiped for, faggotry or shilling?

Also the PC version is out on the 15th and not the 13th like consoles. Seems to be trend to fuck over PC users for a few days.

Alright I'm gonna just call a lot of bullshit here and shill it.
High res textures take up more space, might also be uncompressed FMV and audio.
nod a argumend :DDD
A compressed youtube video is not a good way to judge graphics.
See above
We are hitting non-argument levels that shouldn't even be possible.
Get a new GPU poorfag, a DX11 compatible GPU is only 100 euro nowadays.
If you haven't even played the game that's a horrible argument.

Sage because typical shit Holla Forums thread calling something shit because of speculation.
I have only ever played Bioshock 2.

But the whole "Christcuck" faggotry was started by Holla Forums though. It has been going on for a year before newfags started to legitimately fall for it.

Holla Forums faggotry screaming /int/ at someone for disagreeing with him

i have no face…
Mozgus?

uh, no
cathlocucks and their actions started the christcuck memes

that has nothing to do with race, dumbshit. he didn't wash their feet cause they're black, it's a tradition of sorts since jesus washed the feet of his students as well.

i'd guess paul didn't like that.

Yes, When Gods and kinds are eliminated it quickly turns from only man, to only man and women, then Only man woman and everyone else.
The type of capitalism that Andrew Ryan wanted can never exist because of week individuals.

I meant weak.

No, it started about a year ago when Holla Forums fags spammed the same damn thread on Holla Forums proclaiming all Christians "christ cucks" for months straight. Then this summer it exploded when newfags fell for it and quickly made it repackaged r/athiesm.

implying someone is "falling" for the truth

To be fair pope francis is very far removed from the average christian on Holla Forums

What fucking pope welcomes a muslim invasion anyway, total madness.

>Kikes actively hate Christianity, constantly attack it in with the media, and killed Jesus
>Bible encourages building a tight-knit community and goes against degenerate behavior.
>"Actually it is a tool used by the kikes and it is cucked fundamentally"
>Truth

>Implying Jesus wasn't a Jew actively sabotaging roman civilization
>Implying Christianity isn't a Jewish trick to distract and weaken western civilization from their true pagan cultural heritage that kept them strong

gr8 b8 m8

DELETE THIS GOYIM

>Preaching and getting crucified was "actively sabotaging roman civilization
>MUh paganism!
>Western Civilization has been "weak" for the past 1500+ years

Are you pretending to be retarded user?

Gutless fucking coward.

Atlas Shrugged is a shitty book written by a narcissistic woman.

fuck you, bioshock 1 is fantastic

I'm just gonna pirate the first one again and call it a day since they look the same

And it runs on UE2 so its greatly optimized.

It is literally almost exactly the same.

This is just a different kind of anti-aliasing in this image, surely?

Nothing of value was lost.

What?

I liked Bioshock and even bought all the DLC. But does this game really need a remaster?

PlayStation 2, GameCube or original Xbox games I understand. But remasters of last gen. Guess someone needs money.

Italy here. Catholics can't stand this islam-bootlicker pope.

Well they don't need it. They want it.

I don't know how 2k is doing financially. This game already made a decent profit on the 360 but there's never enough money.

Something weird happened this gen. Just compare the size of a PS3 save to the size of a PS4 save.

Devs are putting garbage data into everything to make it all bloated.

Unlike consolefags, PCfags get the remaster for free though if they already own the originals. Hardly "fucked over".

2 was obviously the worst though, stop pushing this meme.

That's a good joke.

1 was good for what it was with a poor story, 2 traded an even poorer story for better combat than the first game. Infinity's the worst of them all

Well it used to be that christians and pagans could discuss shit with out the autism spreading like aids. Now it's all christcuck that and pagancuck this.
Sucks that the shills managed to get this far and that the mods aint doing shit about it, since one of the boards owners is an /int/ nigger.

Also I have to add, this and some similar tactics counts also for Holla Forums, You probably noticed already.

Even Communism is a superior ideology to lolbergturdianism.

its bad
kill them, all of them.
its too late nigger 1 good game does not excuse borderlands 2.

But will they actually do something or just keep whining about it?

Get out and take your shit taste with you normal fag!

aww boohoo someone liked a game i didn't.
cry more.
bioshock infinite had a good, self contained story, wasn't a buggy mess (at least for me), and the gameplay + atmosphere were also great.
borderlands 2 was much the same, but what it lacked in story, it made up for with being an enjoyable co-op time sink.

You have to go back 2K.

Also, obligatory. Any one thinking Infinite was good or smart in anyway is just a guy ordering shit with sparkles at a restaurant and enjoying eating it.
Reminder that the original script was booted 6 months before the release and that Kevin "totally didnt re-use the ending from System Shock 2 for Infinite" Levin of course had to rewrite some "smart" shit.

Game looks great and all, but a pig with make-up on remains a pig. Same counts for Borderlands 2.

infinite was in no way 'smart' it was just a neat game that ran well, told it's story, and the gameplay didn't bore me.
also, what was wrong with borderlands 2?
i'm not claiming it had anything resembling plot, but it was good to play in the background whilst listening to audiobooks / podcasts etc.

U
P
G
R
A
D
E

>>>/reddit/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/cuckchan/

If you can ignore the cringe, borderlands 2 isn't that bad of a co-op romp through ugly landscapes. Borderlands 1 will forever remain superior due to being the exact same game with less autism though.

people just starved for Diablo-like shooters.

holy shit. that's pathetic. no texture size options? not even high/med/low presets?

Jesus christ

Even Infinite had those options

What an ugly group of people.

No, Borderlands 2 is shit in the gameplay department as well, even with a buddy. The enemies take too much damage and there's no good loot. Only thing BL2 has over 1 is Auto-pick and Ammo share. and a bit better colour pallet and that's it.

Well how many other Loot-and-shoots do you know of that aren't Destiny or other such trash?

This, BL2 bored the hell out of me, it's just not interesting or fun, and the environments aren't worth exploring because whatever you find is gonna be shit anyway

Protestantism fixed a lot of what was wrong with Christianity, but for the first 1400 years it was the biggest cuck religion to grace planet earth.

Modern game engines forget about data compression. The last barrier was the 360 and its DVD drive, but now since we have several TB of hard drive in our PCs and 50 GB BD drives in consoles, devs have a lot of space.

The most ridiculous example are UWP games. Halo 5 Forge, which is basically a simple editor, is 35 fucking gigabytes. F6 Apex, which has about 80 cars and like 10 tracks is 20 GB. Bloody Horizon 3 is over 60 GB.

The only thing that kept BL2 somwhat entertaining was the infinite shotgun bug that compensated for the bullet sponges. Then they patched that out.

Re-releasing a turd doesn't make it less of a turd. It just means you have diarrhea.

Why do they spend time slapping a new coat of paint on a newer game when there's tons of old ones that could use a remake?

Do you really want to see your favorite old games dragged from their graves and raped?

I agree with all the others, but how could you improve the lighting is that's what gives Rapture that "feeling"?

Space Station Sillicon Valley could use a [CURRENT YEAR] remaster. Fuck remakes, the game itself is fun enough, but improved textures and controls would be nice.

dubs arent a get newfag

In what way? Can't survive without all your free government gibsmedats?

how

You guys seriously need to stop. It's a shitty fetish, possibly worse than scat and it barely has anything to do with anything else unless you employ some massive mental gymnastics. Christfags was perfectly okay what with the gay priests fucking little boys.
People pushing for the acceptance of "cuck" and trying to replace "fag" with it deserve to be cucked

You could have posted all this in the same post…

That's the "pepe green" setting. Its currently broken.

If the game was called "Airwizard: Timey Wimey adventures through Columbia", I'd agree with you. But the thing is, it's a Bioshock game, set in the same universe as the previous 2 and it's not even "self contained" as it references the previous ones as well.

The gameplay doesn't bother anyone unless you think about it for a bit longer. Once you notice that weapon upgrades are useless because they are statistical upgrades only, they don't stick if you switch weapons and you can only carry 2 weapons anyway, you'll notice a large swath of gameplay options thrown out the window just with that decision.
Once you notice that the enemies are all bullet sponge zombies with very little actual interesting designs, that combat happens in clear "arena" areas and that a lot of the skylines movement was gutted from the game, you'll see the boredom taking hold of you.

To be honest with you, I also prefer it over 1 for a few reasons but dislike it for a few others.

It did your character abilities better. Each one of them was better designed than the first for this type of game, was more usefull, unique and interesting. Zero's Clone&Cloak made a lot more sense and was far better than Mordekai's Bloodwing, for instance.
It also added a new element to the weapons and gave us a lot more different enemies with different types of health as well.
The levels also had much more variety and some of the characters were more interesting or comical, Smiling Jack being the favorite villain of everyone.

However, the characters in the first one, as characters were plain better. They didn't had much to them and they certainly could have been expanded much better but they weren't simple parodies, caricatures or exagerations as the Assassin Ninja Weeaboo or the Rebel Witch or the "I'm super awesome and great because I love explosions" Soldier.

The story actually progressed better too and it had a more personnal touch to it, while the first was just a treasure hunt. However, at some points it was too personnal and a simple treasure hunt was preferable. It had it's moments, like Tiny Tina that begins as a fairly comic quest line and ends with quite a grim ending. Or the guy asking you to shoot him in the face.
The story and quests in 2 were both more varied but also more excessively varied than the first one.

Bioshock 2 is all about shitting on marxism though

Of course it's the best one.

But the actual serious answer to why "Borderlands 2" is bad from a gameplay standpoint (not just the complaints about too many memes):

It was retarded on so many levels you had to be braindead to enjoy it. Keep in mind this takes a level of autism to reach you might not run into it, but some people do.
I personnaly didn't bother with New Game Plus, which is why I never encountered many of these issues.

All elements were useless, except for Slag, that multiplied all damage done by a very large amount, basically bypassing the "bullet sponge" design of enemies. You literally didn't need any other element as that one simply trumped all other a hundred times over.

The drop rates were terribly low, especially for really good weapons forcing some serious grinding that would make WoW look like vacations from work.
And you needed those guns because the rate at which your oponents gained power with level versus the rate at which you gained damage to cause was retarded. The more you leveled up, the longer everyone would take to die and the faster they'd kill you, even with the Rare and Unique weapons, now imagine if you only got common ones.

Nothing of serious value was added to the game. Although Abilities were overhauled so they'd have a bit more uses (Zero could get a dash, Soldier had a few different effects) they were still the standard ability you could use and you only ever had one, all others were passive.
Equipment remained the same with just shields gaining an element.
For the second instalment in the series, I think people were expecting at least 4-5 abilities per character, Melee weapons being a possible choice (not this +200% melee damage modifier) and more armor pieces instead of just a shield.

Borderlands 2 fixed some of the problems with 1 but also picked many of it's flaws and exagerated them while introducing some of it's own.
It rode on the previous sucess and it marked the moment where they started to care more about the story then the gameplay that, although more tight than the first, was clearly backseat to the story they wanted to tell you.

archive.is/DytC2
archive.is/pX60V
archive.is/eml5F

so what's all censored. Also, I may have to give the second game a try. I had no idea it was good and thought it was generally shat on. Perhaps it was just the journalists being terrible at the time.

Good shit.
Pretty good game as well. Minerva's Den was 11/10 would ebin again.

The thought you will be old enough to vote in a few years is horrifying.

When the fuck did ever say that?
It's not about relevance, but how Bioshock 2 brought up all these Marxist ideologies and how close it is to how SJW do it now.
Predicted might be the wrong word, but if you seriously didn't understand what I meant you're a fucking retard.
English is not my first language anyway, so suck my cock.

I hope that Demon thing in your pic has a penis

Yeah, I think most of the hate comes from that it wasn't developed by ((Ken Levine)). I do find it amusing the only game in the series not developed by a kike is the only one that attacks leftists.

2 is easily my favorite personally.