Oh joy, i can't wait for characters speaking in Welsh and broken Russian again

Oh joy, i can't wait for characters speaking in Welsh and broken Russian again.
That was such a fun and memorable part of DQ4 that totally didn't cause me to drop the game after two hours because i had no idea what the npc's were talking to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/942422-dragon-quest-iv-chapters-of-the-chosen/44846988
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just give me the SMT spell names and come up with something which actually sounds like it came from an ancient language rather than a '90s commercial

Just learn Japanese, fag.

DQVIII is the best localization of a JRPG I have ever played. I honestly don't understand why you guys don't like what they did with DQ localization. Compare it to any other JRPG and the characters have 3X more life to them.

Here's a random dialog snippet. Destroys every JRPG with just the most unimportant dialog.

The biggest problem I have with this is that the spells have no real upgrade words
Like how smt has agi, agilao and agidyne

This has no flow especially in the higher ranis when shit is called fizzleshizwizzle
The fuck is wrong with just mera and merami

Fucking bullshit localization and they are clearly fucking proud of this shitty change

I didn't know Snoop Dogg had branched into vidya localization.

come to think of it, snoop dogg sells out so hard that no one stops for a second and think to themselves "I think he's doing too much, when was his last good album?"

What the fuck

Wait, he's still making music?

Welcome to 2016, where leftists are still discovering new ways to ruin our lives.

Would you rather wakkadakkamakkabakkamasu?

Yeah he's still making music, although recently he's been popping annual albums like no tomorrow, although it could be argued that Snoop Dogg was getting fucked around in courts in his early years

gamefaqs.com/boards/942422-dragon-quest-iv-chapters-of-the-chosen/44846988

And the Japanese creator wanted them to rename the spells like the Japanese ones, too bad he chose the worse localization team that adds fucking accents in text based dialogue.

DQ8 used those names almost a decade ago and had an excellent localisation.
I really don't mind the names, I just hope they don't try to throw in ye olde rubbish.

It's one thing to have a voiced jrpg like dq8 where you can actually hear what the characters are speaking with their voices and whatever the fuck this is.

Beth mae'r fuck wnaethoch chi jyst ffycin ddweud am mi, i chi ychydig o ast? 'N annhymerus' yn rhaid i chi ei wybod Graddiais frig fy nosbarth yn y Llynges Morloi, ac rwyf wedi bod yn ymwneud â nifer o cyrchoedd dirgel ar Al-Quaeda, ac yr wyf wedi dros 300 o lladd gadarnhau. Yr wyf yn hyfforddi mewn rhyfela gorila a fi yw sniper gorau yn y cyfan lluoedd arfog yr Unol Daleithiau. Rydych yn ddim byd i mi, ond dim ond targed arall. Byddaf yn sychu i chi y fuck allan gyda thrachywiredd r likes chan sydd erioed wedi ei weld o'r blaen ar y Ddaear, nodwch fy ngeiriau ffycin. Rydych chi'n meddwl y gallwch ei gael i ffwrdd â dweud bod cachu i mi dros y Rhyngrwyd? Meddyliwch eto, fucker. Wrth i ni siarad yr wyf yn cysylltu fy rhwydwaith cyfrinach ysbiwyr ar draws yr Unol Daleithiau ac eich eiddo deallusol yn cael ei olrhain yn ar hyn o bryd er mwyn i chi baratoi'n well ar gyfer y storm, cynrhon. Y storm sy'n cael gwared â y peth bach pathetic fyddwch yn ffonio eich bywyd. Rydych yn ffycin marw, myn. Gallaf fod yn unrhyw le, unrhyw bryd, a gallaf eich lladd mewn dros saith gant o ffyrdd, a dim ond gyda fy dwylo noeth. Nid yn unig ydw i wedi'u hyfforddi'n helaeth yn ymladd unarmed, ond yr wyf yn cael mynediad at y arsenal cyfan yr Unol Daleithiau Marine Corps a byddaf yn ei ddefnyddio at ei graddau llawn i sychu eich ass ddiflas oddi ar wyneb y cyfandir, rydych ychydig cachu. Os mai dim ond gallech chi fod wedi gwybod pa dial unholy eich bach "glyfar" sylw ar fin dod i lawr ar chi, efallai y byddech wedi dal eich tafod ffycin. Ond nid ydych allai, na wnaethoch chi, ac yn awr eich bod yn talu'r pris, byddwch goddamn idiot. Byddaf yn cachu llid i gyd dros chi a byddwch yn boddi ynddo. Rydych yn ffycin marw, Kiddo.

I will actually, m8. Gotta do another 6 months of russian, a year of french and refreshing some German in between, and I'm all set for weeb.

I think it is because they want to give DQ a more child-like or a storybook feel, when they don't need to do it.

You can't decipher that? It's not immediately intuitive?
Don't ever read captains courageous. You won't be able to make it to page 2.

I'm not english and i could not decipher this gibberish when this game came out, and believe me, it gets MUCH worse from there on.
I would rather much prefer the translation to be like the one on the right.

For me, it's not that I can't read it, it's that I don't want to. I can see people like me being turned off from the game due to shit like this.

I remember some indie game that actually had a neat mechanic that turned me off completely from playing because there characters literally went "lol wtf XD"

This too.

Bitch please

Are you for rizzle my nizzle?

Epic post bro, you sure showed me.
I'm sure the game bombing despite being a multimillion dollar investment between SE and Nintendo for DQ to finally breakthrough big time in the west had nothing to do with the fact that people didn't want to deal with "humor" and "things not being consistent" and couldn't understand what the fuck was going on in the game.

Now I've seen everything.

If you're not baiting please kill yourself.

Cymraeg yw iaith gorau i fod yn onest.

Sorry, but consider this shit localization the nintendo tax. At least project Rainfall got the Xenoblade series here, right? :^)

That's bogan shit from Australia.

Are the German and Italian translations based off the English one?

They're translating onomatopoeias into onomatopoeias. The horror. The fact this is the only thing I've seen negative about this localization makes me believe it might actually turn out good for once.

Well shit, did you think I thought it was welsh? I'm just posting shit english

Doggystyle coming out in 1993. Everything after his first album is just single-bait.

Forgot vid.

Frizzle has been a word for hundreds of years. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't suggesting the words sizzle or snooze were invented by him.

They are. Why do you think they aren't?

This is a basic translation. It isn't a proper name or anything. You may as well get mad at translating a 火災 spell into "fire". If this game has a shitty localization it may be but this is about the dumbest thing to get mad about.

sizzle my frizzle

pic of the head of the localization team

Acceleratle, oomph, bounce, blunt, kazapple, puff!

Snoop, what are you doing?

Wholeheartedly. Having all the spell names in a language you don't understand makes them sound mystical and ancient, even if the actual translation of them sounds stupid when you actually know the language. If the name's gonna be stupid, I want it to at least sound cool. If you're gonna give the spell an English name, why not make it a cool name like Firebane. Sizzle sounds like the name a kid would come up with while playing pretend.

It's not hard to understand. It just sounds stupid and ends up being a slog to read through. I hated any time they tried to have an emotional scene in DQ9 while the script reads like a bad caricature of a Welsh accent. Imagine the balcony scene of Romeo and Juliet, but Romeo talks like Rolf from Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

We literally just had a thread on this same exact topic.

It honestly reminds me of a 8 year olds idea of what would be cool naming convention.

I'd settle for the old names, like Blaze and Sleep, instead of this meme shit.

That's the average mental and emotional age of every leftist.

Well, you almost have it.
The "translators" just don't play pretend.

The old names were 'localized' and the new ones are actually translated properly. Did you genuinely ignore my post that proved you wrong just so you could continue to do shitpost roleplaying?

Christ I'm glad I barely visit this place anymore.

You can't translate 99.9% of all onomatopoeia "properly" as our language simply isn't sturctured to use them like Japanese (or even at all anywhere but in comics). Even if they didn't turn it into a Mario game "Doki Doki Panic" would never have been translated literally as "Badump Badump Panic". Because that sounds retarded. And the less literal "Heartthrob Panic" sounds retarded as well.

Dae ye sizzle o' kafrizzle mae laddie?

It's what compelled me to replay the game.
There was a screenshot from the new translation where Maribel says something like, "stop slutshaming me shitlord, i'll sleep under whatever men i want", while in the original version she just sasses the mc and asks him if he came to check her out on her date, and that the guy she is with, the merchants son, isn't her boyfriend at all.
That's a pretty big difference in scripts right there.

Sounds like FE:Fates all over again.

Crackle is used to describe the sound fire makes. Who thought this was a good idea, and why are they allowed to life?