Louisiana lawmakers question New Orleans Saints state funding after players protest

Louisiana lawmakers question New Orleans Saints state funding after players protest
About $165 million of the Saints' $1.5 billion value can be attributed to public funding, tax breaks and incentives given to Saints owner Tom Benson each year, according to an analysis The Times-Picayune | NOLA.com conducted in 2016. Benson, Louisiana's richest resident, owes a good portion of his estimated $2.2 billion fortune to his ownership of two professional sports franchises, the Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans, which are both supported with taxpayer money.

Offended by New Orleans Saints players who protested by sitting during the national anthem Sunday (Sept. 24), state House Rep. Kenny Havard, R-Jackson, called for Louisiana's government to pull state funding, tax breaks and other support from the professional football franchise.

"Disrespecting our national anthem and flag in the name of social injustice is the highest form of hypocrisy," Havard said in a written statement Monday.

State Rep. Valarie Hodges, R-Denham Springs, has also requested the Saints' state benefits be reviewed by the Legislature's Senate and House budget committees as a result of the players' protest. Hodges is a member of the House Appropriations Committee, which oversees state finances.

nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/09/louisiana_lawmaker_saints_shou.html#incart_most-read_

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/t7QKh
creators.com/read/michelle-malkin
dailysignal.com/2017/09/26/heres-much-money-nfl-rakes-taxpayers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always remember that football was invented by the white man.
Never forget that as you see these ungrateful niggers displace the white athletes and complain about white supremacy while they're getting payed millions of dollars.

Jesus Christ Americans waste that much money on their niggereggball monkeys? And they have the audacity to bitch? WHAT THE FUCK

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile

they will never stop
no matter what you give them
they will FOREVER want even more
just like women they ALWAYS want more
and they will hate all the while as you attempt
to placate them by giving everything that you have
So don't waste your time and energy in fruitless tasks
Be sure to give them NOTHING and take from them EVERYTHING

Explain to me how the fuck billion dollar teams are fucking given tax money? How? Why? For what fucking purpose outsides of obvious goddamn corruption? Sports is a literal racket, nevermind how fucking stupid they are to begin with

So I
post pretty much the exact same thing a
And yet he's the one that gets the replies.

I see how it is.

small price to pay to keep the goyim complacent

This.

I'm glad they're taking tax money away from the niggers for this, but I know for sure it's not going to be spent any better. Should've never gotten state funding to begin with.
I fucking hate this state.

muh replies

They aren't taking anything away. It's just an impotent "review". Common Republican virtue signaling. They would never actually follow through on threats to the capitalist class.

You would not believe how much tax breaks and intensives are given to any professional sports team. One major intensive is the land where the stadium is built. Team owners will generally get a tax break or tax amnesty for several years on the land. Some teams also have co funding on building stadiums, the state will actually pay some of the bill for building a stadium. This is common practice when any professional team opens shop in your state. Why, states look at a team as a investment and also revenue makers. states always use the excuse that any tax breaks and intensives will always be paid back with local growth around the stadium built. Bars restaurants and hotels, as well as additional extra taxes on businesses who build near or next to stadiums on that (((premium))) property. Any home owners who live in that stadium zone are screwed when their property taxes go up 100-200%. More state bonds are cashed as the states always will pay for the road construction costs to make sure folks can get to the stadium. List go on, until the team wants a new stadium and the team owners decides to pack up and leave the city/state for a better deal when the tax breaks and intensives expire. It's a short term scam that repeats every 10-15 years when a stadium is built.

This is ground shaking. Football is more than a past-time in the South, it's a religion.

Because of this disrespecting our Nation the dindoos and the coaches are pulling, I won't watch NFL anymore. Fuck it. It was already apparent that the NFL was just a show, but this… I'm getting ready for (((their))) civil racewar now.

Right, it's why you're looked down on around these parts.
Oh, so it's only the point where some niggers aren't paying the proper amount of respect to the most anti-White government that's ever existed that you get upset. That whole deal in WWII, the forced school integration at gunpoint, jew wars to dope your whole family up on heroin, shipping our entire industrial base across the Pacific, those didn't really move the needle?

What are you, a faggot?

Filtered. Go back to Breitbart.

Our government is a failure.
But the soil is fine.
And the white blood is fine.
The anthem stands for the white blood and soil well enough. There's no reason to disrespect it.

For years the liberals were reeiing about the tax payer funded statues. I wonder what they would say if the stadiums stop being funded because of them & Trump.

It's almost always red states or extremely jewish east coast cities that dole out the most money for sports teams. The NBA ditched Seattle because they wouldn't give any money for a new basketball stadium. The San Francisco Giants are the only team in baseball, I believe, who had to pay for their stadium with entirely private money.

Meanwhile, I don't think there is a single stadium in Texas that wasn't heavily subsidized. Similar shit in Ohio and Florida.

There are number of good books and other information around the web on the stadium scams.

They won't do shit.

Actually when you put it that way, it makes sense. Huge business rolls into town, guarantees an economic boom, lots of out-of-town traffic, so service industries thrive, overall a good thing.

However, like many current systems, it's been corrupted and being used as a scam, you're right. That's pretty shitty that someone has to pay twice as much to keep their house because of factors outside their control. One would think that existing homeowners would be grandfathered in and not affected by the premium increases.

The boom proise has been greatly overstated. The stadiums themselves suck up so much of the service consumption. Stadiums didn't used to have so many food, alcohol and entertainment options under their own roofs as they do now. Also, the jobs at the stadium itself are both not numerous enough nor pay enough to encourage significant migration of people to increase surrounding property values or grow local economic bases.

Fuck off, kike.

And most people don't even know this stuff exists

It'd be nice if it would actually come to fruition. The New Orleans Saints were notorious for having a close to empty stadium in the 1990s. They were able to fill it a little more in the 2000s, and now most of the attendees are kind of Johnny come latelys since they started having winning seasons/ a super bowl ring. Now they're back to being a perpetually shitty team (7-9 seasons), and they're close to losing the biggest selling factor they have: Drew Brees. If they lose any of that state gibs, it could put them in some rough waters.

t. I grew up in "WHODATNATION".

Holy fuck why are governments subsidizing niggerball?

Because people like you and I aren't murdering the government.

We can't all be Bernie Sanders supporters with rifles and deranged Democrat party members but politicians these days are such cucks they seem to be begging for bullets.

Yes. In case you hadn't noticed the electorate is docile, complacent and ignorant. It takes a visceral symbol to shake people, usually it takes years of visceral symbols, usually still nothing happens.

Yeah.. what's the last thing Steve Scalise voted on? Exactly. Violence works and only the weak eschew it.

This, I had no fucking idea
Citizens fucking tax money does to football teams? This is fucking outrageous and absurd, I'm furious

Citizens fucking tax money does to football teams? This is fucking outrageous and absurd, I'm furious

Wut?

Cleveland Browns seldom used logo.

Know what I song I blast when I drive "muh truck" out of a hideous multi-culti big city and into the vast and glorious American country side? I'lI embed the jewtube vid. I might pull over to a small restaurant and get an omelette/pack of gum and green tea while I'm greeted with a big smile and friendly store keeper that is happy as a clam in his little town. Anyways, anyone blackpilling about the anthem
And the real white volk that turned this country into a powerhouse is a cancer that needs to be removed along with the Jew.

Fuck niggerball. I want it to die already. On a sidenote, any girl that is super "into" football and cares about it is trash.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

Yeah, I'd automatically think she was a football team slut-coal burner in high school or college if she's "super into" watching groids give each other brain damage. Women should be mildly amused by the pageantry of the sport and happy that their good goy boyfriend or husband is happy watching his niggerball and the house is at peace.

and basketball was refined by a canadian with the idea of
Literally cutting a bigger hole in the basket instead of poking thew ball out with a long stick

Apparently billions dollars of tax money goes to niggerball. This shit is ridiculous
archive.is/t7QKh

This right here is how to take down the NFL. Almost ALL of the team and stadiums are state funded or city funded with tax breaks and gibs.

NatFagLeague needs its tax-exempt status revoked.

Michelle Malkin wrote an article about government subsidies to the NFL yesterday.

I'm calling foul on all the leftists rushing to protect the NFL's protest crusaders from President Donald Trump's criticism of their national anthem antics.

Their shabby line of defense? The NFL is a "private enterprise" whose "rights" are being violated by those who dare to challenge the league's political radicalization. The anti-Trump Democratic Coalition has even filed an ethics complaint alleging that the president's comments constitute a criminal violation against using government offices "to influence the employment decisions and practices" of a private entity.

Funny. These fair-weather friends of corporate free speech and the First Amendment were nowhere to be found when Boston Mayor Tom Menino and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel were vowing to shut down Chick-Fil-A in their towns as government retaliation against the founders' private religious beliefs.

As for the NFL's status as a "private" enterprise? That's some Super Bowl-sized audacity right there. I first started tracking publicly subsidized sports boondoggles with my very first watchdog website, Porkwatch, back in 1999. Since then, taxpayers at all levels of government have foot the bill for football stadiums to the tune of an estimated $1 billion every year….

creators.com/read/michelle-malkin

This was always the ploy, save States millions, they walked right into DJT's remarks on the matter and they doubled down.

Here’s How Much Money the NFL Rakes in From Taxpayers

dailysignal.com/2017/09/26/heres-much-money-nfl-rakes-taxpayers/

US Defense Department paid 14 NFL teams $5.4M to honor soldiers

Many of the most seditious organizations in the west are supported by the government in the name of culture. Ubisoft for instance gets millions of dollars from both France and Canada so that they can make openly marxist video games.