Current Games Thread

WHICH YOU BEEN PLAYING FAGGOTS, DONT LIE, TELL THE TRUTH

I really need to get over my emulator jap crap phase. Dragon Quest 5 is really good so far. Skyward Sword with a controller is fucking fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jd6qRG
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mXH89W
youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6Wc3VzNzE
youtube.com/watch?v=ysgQbr1OUnY
youtube.com/watch?v=4eOvhL2F-io
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am playing Gundam Breaker 3 right now and slowly realizing that it sucks. Combat is flashy as fuck, spam best attacks to win, and a lot of useless grindan that isn't fucking needed in an action rpg game.

Made an almost immortal mecha with best merged details with best effects, and spam all the optional rockets like an idiot. Lost interest pretty quickly. Literally the only good thing about this game is its customuzation, but this game's gameplay is some serious bullshit.

Single player only, because multiplayer has a fucked up progression.
They should rename the "Tetris Effect" to the "Picross Effect" because holy fuck is this game addictive.
Hookshot

I PLAY ONLY MEME GAMES FOR HARDCORE GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF

Bunch of shit.
Also jap plat to practise reading moon.

sega roms and illusionshit

GTA3. I enjoy it way more than 5 despite being "Outdated", mainly because you dont have to do with a story shoved down your throat and overly long tutorial missions.

EDF 4.1, fuck spiders and those giant robots that shoot pink lazers at you which bounce you everywhere. But besides that its fun, destructive enviroments are always a nice touch, though grinding just to be able to even try to do missions on higher difficulties just to try and get better weapons is annoying after a while.

Theres also Senran Kagura estival versus but even for weebshit that game was just unfun.

Forced, Forced Showdown, Warband 1287AD, Psy Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy and Paragon pls no bully

I'll force my cock down your throat until you get better taste, faggot

Tf2 is best game. With the new xp system you can play for hours without getting bored. Plus tf2 can run on fucking ANYTHING

Star Ruler 2
Rule the Waves
Free Cities
Guilty Gear Xrd

What can I say, it's fun

TF2 has an xp system now?

Yup im a huge autist on xp systems im already up to level 119 and the max level is 150

SMT IV and MonHonHon 4U and Generations.

Weebshit.

Bloodborne because I never got round to playing the DLC and Overwatch because i'm a lonely faggot hoping to find someone else to play with

It's basically Etrian Odyssey if EO wasn't trying so hard to be hardcore. I'll admit that 7th Dragon 2020 errs on the side of too easy (healing items drop like candy, save points in dungeons max out your HP/MP, ect.), but after meeting EO's level 1 rats that hit for 90% of my health while being tanky little shits that require three rounds to kill, that's a tradeoff I'm willing to make. The plot was a lot darker than I expected when I saw the chibi character models, with sidequests including things like trying to rescue a woman's husband and child from a monster only to find they died of dehydration from hiding from it so long or trying and failing to help a girl convince her best friend since childhood to leave what looks to be a suicide cult. It's been a while since a game got me hooked like this. Can't wait to start the sequel.

It amazes me how I'm 80 hours into New Vegas and I'm probably not even halfway done yet. I suppose that's what happens when I play modded side quests instead of the actual main content.

I find myself wishing Johnny would have gotten a sanity boost by the end of the game, given what he gains, but I get why he doesn't from a lore standpoint (SP count being derived by how experienced the character is at dealing with horrors from the beyond, combined with general psyche). Really enjoyable game on the whole though (granted, I knew what I was getting into beforehand; I know it's a hit or miss entry), and it makes me sad the devs were never given the chance to make Shadow Hearts III as they intended (FtNW being confirmed a sidegame).

Really enjoyable. Love how expressive Mario and Luigi are despite generally being treated as silent protagonists. Wish I had a second flutter jump badge.

Decided to give this a try since it's been on my backlog. I really like how the Fellpools naturally don't know jackshit about the tech the Terrans have, so everything is fantastical to them (to the point Millie tries to call the humans gods), and the idea that the Time Gate was made in such a way to disallow too advanced of objects from going through at least provides a decent lore based reason for why they can't just use their blasters in 26 SD Roak, but the section between leaving present Roak and going to past Roak felt like a clusterfuck. I'm not one to complain about too much dialogue, but a few changes here and there would have made it feel a lot more smooth (stuff like showing the ship actually entering warp speed, landing on Earth, the characters walking to the embassy or wherever, etc). Just felt like all the location shifts were a bit too sudden. Hopefully things smooth out from here on. Also, maybe I'm going in with the wrong expectations, but combat feels a bit odd, given you can only set two abilities at once and the field is full 3D. Was expecting maybe something a bit more inline with early Tales or something, but I'm not going to fault the game for it.

Decided to also give this a try to see what it was like; not sure if I'll start playing it in full just yet (same with Star Ocean up there). Pretty neat to see a rather competent JRPG protag who not only gets shit done, but also already has respect from other characters due to his prior experiences and rank. Also the fact that he's willing to call out people when it's clear they're withholding shit from him. The rules for time travel also seem pretty neat, and stuff like the difference between Personal Time and World Time and how they interrelate is cool. I can see why some people make comparisons between it and Chrono Trigger, but it certainly seems to do enough of its own stuff to the point that it's similar but doesn't quite feel as if it was meant to ape the earlier title.

Master of Orion while waiting for Cossacks 3

Been hoping between these games for the past 2 weeks.

You know if you don't like those games just start threads about games you like, are you afraid people will call you a faggot or something?

Just finished this. It was coincidental that I just happened to finish watching Stranger Things shortly before playing this.

Go play easy on the original Devil May Cry 3.

Rimworld, Redout, and the Attack on Titan game.

Monitoring this thread for suggestions on what to play next.

Yes. OPs get savaged every which way by all kinds of posters and I'm afraid.v I don't want to put my precious thread out there just to have all her orifices rudely stuffed by nasty neet cock.

Im scared to ask what the fuck is the second pic about.

Posting vidya in order of how recently I played it, with the last vidya being the most recently played.
Fun, it was a little challenging in the beginning, but I suppose that was meant to be a casual filter as it only got easier from there. The story so far is nothing special and the atmosphere is standard fare for SMT. Just got to Tokyo.
The inability to directly control my teammates is a bit annoying, bordering on frustrating, especially during boss fights. The last thing I did was acquire Aigis as a teammate. Still a step above SMT IV.
It's exactly what a lot of people on imageboards have been saying about it since its release: Casual waifu sim. Every character so far has been one-dimensional. People who liken this game to Scooby-Doo are correct, not just in that they solve mysteries, but in that every character is a caricature of their primary personality trait or quirk. The change to consolidate physical damage types to one category pisses me off. Social links are also far too easy. I'm still having a lot of fun with it. Just got my scooter license.

In what way is DD a meme game? I played the Dark Arisen version on consoles and saw nothing of the sort; DD was a solid hack and slash RPG with neat ideas. I never followed it after its PC release, so I don't know how the general consensus on it has changed.

Good shit. I still need to buy the DLC and finish that up.

Do you mind explaining what the combat system's like? I saw the third game for 3DS in stores recently and don't want to start a series from a sequel.

What a breath of fresh air that was. I was really impressed with how they handled the time travel mechanics as well, considering how most games use time travel as a plot device. Another thing that I liked was the entire cast was likeable or at least interesting, making it stand out in its genre as a jRPG.

It's free.

tf2, l4d2, Stalker Call of Pripyat and one of the touhou pokemon games on my phone
I'm at the point where I have to go into Jupiter, is it really as spooky as everyone says?

You should be scared user.

Enclave. It's mediocre, but fast-paced enough that I'll probably finish it before getting completely bored.

Then either grow a spine or get some taste.
Personally I hate jrpgs, zelda, mario, metroids, and pokemon with an undying passion except for maybe ff8 which was fun to break. I've tried and completed games in all of them too but all of them were bland with repetitive gameplay. Not everyone likes the same shit and literally everyone gets shat on especially if it's casual garbage. You only make it worse by following those reddit-style thread templates or openly saying "please don't shit on me" / "my opinions are shit but I don't care" etc etc and feeling the need to pre-empt your posts with an apology.

Then there is always just going somewhere else if you can't handle the bantz and need a hugbox where everyone likes you to discuss your shit vidya taste.

In the way anons suggested him to play it, so he tried to play it like Skyrim but soon dropped it.

That's not how it works. What a faggot.

Was playing some shit on PSP but I left my charger at a pal's. Instead I'm mostly playing Forza Horizon since it just became XB1 compatible. It's okay, the game in itself is pretty good but the lack of fine tuning sorta kills it. The XB1 version in particular is kinda janky due to the emulation errors but you take what you get. Tried playing Need for Speed Rivals but it's not terribly interesting. There's just not really anything to do in it. The customization is almost non existent and there's not even a manual transmission option. It also manages to look worse than Forza Horizon for the 360 which is impressive considering it's like two years and a console generation older.

That's what you're playing? Very tryhard kid vibe who never played them when they first came out. Anyway, enjoy! ;)

You been that user on an SMT/Persona binge lately, or am I thinking of another user?

Yeah, thus far it's handling things pretty neatly. The time travel element feels like more of a "local rewind" so to speak; not so much Chrono Trigger's centuries/millennia/millions of years, but rather more of a Ghost Trick style set up, where going back involves a short span of time, simply to change the outcome of particular events for the better.

The DLC's pretty fun and adds some new characters to get used to with their own stories. I will say though that each new campaign is a bit on the short side (basically two chapters each, with three new, unique boss fights each), but you can then explore the rest of the world afterward as those characters and fight the bosses from Momo-hime and Kisuke's routes as well for items to get at the extra endings.

I've been playing a bunch of PC-engine shit, spent hours just playing devil's crash, twinbee, parodius, and galaga 90.

I've also been messing round with that gimped halo 5 that microsoft just brought out, I wish it had bots, or any kind of 1 player game modes

You're definitely thinking of another user. From what you've said about the Muramasa DLCs, I'll just buy them during some sale. I was satisfied with how the base game ended after all.

Yeah, I got mine in the Aksys anniversary sale last year or so for $7.50 for the whole set. Very worth it. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have gone on sale since then, so the general price is $5 each or the bundle for $15 (buy three get one free, basically).

Legend of Legacy. It's really good. Back to the old-school RPG stuff where it chuck you in and lets you figure shit out for yourself and if you don't read the manual then fuck you. It also lets you die and forces you to load your previous save, which can only be done at the one inn that exists in the one town on the hostile island you're exploring. It really makes finding some good treasure and mapping new areas exciting and interesting. It's got some cool mechanics too, playing no the exploration theme, and the magic system is pretty sweet too. Still not sure how skills are learnt (I think it's entirely random TBH) but whatever, I'm happy with it. And the watercolour pop-up book aesthetic is cute as fuck. Garnet for #1 girl.

Other than that, I've been doing a bit of Warframe. Lately I've been grinding syndicate missions to get my rep up so I can balance my account with Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexus who want my fucking blood. My friends are all a bit busy ATM though so there's not much fun in playing by myself outside of those syndicate missions.

Might be wrong, but I think the game was supposedly meant as a successor to SaGa; if so I assume there's some rhyme or reason as to how learning stuff works, but the game's not likely to come right out and say it.

is it an actual game or is it nintendogs with catgirls?

Titan Quest and AA Spirit of Justice.

Bretty gud

I wish I could finish Witcher 3 but after an update last year I've had constant frame skips so I couldn't stand playing it

My autism won't let me finish this game. I had to finish every side quest given and explore everything I came across before I even thought of advancing the main quest. This behavior is most likely due to how other games locking content once you reach certain checkpoints in their story. I ended up uninstalling about 50 hours in because I was barely getting anywhere and my backlog needed attending to. Thankfully I got this game for free on GOG, so I only lost time.

For the most part, I've been playing Vagrant Story on my PSP. It was actually refreshing to play a game where reading the fucking manual was important, AND that there was a manual in-game, since things like chain attacks, the crafting system and even the importance of leaving Battle Mode to regen MP and decrease Risk aren't immediately apparent. Even with the quick manual, I still had to look up how the fuck the analyse spell worked. I expected a menu to pop up the instant I cast the spell, but instead, after a successful cast, you have to pause the game and go into the "status" menu, then flick through the various pages with R1/L1. I didn't even realise that the status menu had more pages than your own character until I looked it up. On that note, I personally was slow to figure out the importance of weapon types, and insignificance of a weapon's attributes. All weapons are considered to be either Piercing, Blunt or Edged, and all enemies have different resistances to each. It's hard to figure out which is best to use just by looking at enemies, though. In one area, soldiers might mostly be weakest to Piercing, but then the very similar looking soldiers in the next area have a strong resistance to piercing, and are best dealt with using Edged weapons. Skeletons are usually weak to Blunt, but then some skeletons come along with a Piercing weakness instead, which makes no damn sense to me. This is why the analyse spell, and knowing how it fucking works, is so important. All weapons, armour and enemies also have different effectiveness against certain enemy types (human, beast, undead etc) and certain elements (light, fire, earth etc), but I found myself ignoring these, except when I wanted to cast an elemental damage spell on a certain enemy, in which case I'd check their resistance to different elements, but that was it. Trying to figure out which weapon to use is especially frustrating to do blind, since to change weapons you have to pause the game, open the items menu, select "equip" to see what you have equipped, and then you can select your equipped weapon and change it out for something else. Having to do this multiple times in one battle really breaks the flow, and the bonuses for things other than Blunt/Edged/Piercing were so small that I would never swap weapons for having the wrong element or something like that. Oh, and while the game doesn't break the norm in how most status ailments can only be reliably inflicted on the player character, stat buffs and nerfs are hugely important, and they can make the difference between inflicting 5 or 50 damage per hit.

I'm a huge fan of the game's style, for some reason I love the dialogue boxes, they just feel really appropriate. Although not too surprisingly, the human models look dated, but the backgrounds are fantastic, and I'm not talking about pre-rendered backgrounds here. The lighting especially is beautiful. The various weapons and shields all have unique models, though armour doesn't. And the various spells and such all have nice effects. There's nice variety in the locations, with a very Gothic style. The game manages to have many unique looking areas, even if sometimes that just means a different colour on the walls, all while keeping a fairly grounded appearance. Level design is pretty good, there's some nice variety. Some rooms are just hallways or open areas for fights, but then you'll have some platforming sections or block puzzles to break up the action. Exploring felt fun, and it was nice to find a key or something else that I need earlier than I need it, because I explored rather than taking the direct route. I also like the way that spells have to be found in books, and that many spells can only be found by looking around and finding the right chest.

xp autist indeed. and i'm not even judging you playing tf2

for someone who appreciates PC-engine you should fucking know better.

Played 30 minutes of this today, since it is free on Steam.
It was… okay. Game starts with a handful of cutscenes in which you do nothing, and then has you do walking around for a bit as if that's fun. When you finally get free rein, they stick you in a zone that's ugly and uninteresting, and the gunplay feels like shit. The story is also so uninspired and I didn't give a shit about any of the characters enough to actually want to pay attention to them.
I did appreciate that there wasn't crosshairs when you're not ironsighting. And the game looks alright when you're in a zone that is actually visually appealing.

But fuck am I glad I didn't actually pay any money for this thing.

Fuck, forgot pic related.

Holy shit I am so bad at this game I don't get it

I can get Platinum ranks on pretty much every level/boss in Bayonetta but I cannot figure out how the fuck I'm supposed to kill the chainsaw dog or just play the game in general. Human enemies are trivial because of zandatsu, the hopping dudes are trivial because you can just wait for them to charge then do a QTE + Zandatsu, and the first boss was pretty easy although I couldn't figure out how to not get hit by the laser in the second phase (is there a dodge button that I'm missing?). But this fucking chainsaw dog what the fuck. On his attack where he does 3 swings in a row, when I parry the first one and hold it I get hit by the other two, when I try to parry multiple times I get hit by the other two, and I haven't found a way to actually dodge them once I've parried the first one. What do I do there? And then at the part where he leaps around and pounces on you I can't figure out how to keep the camera on him because lockon breaks and it becomes a crapshoot as to whether I've happened to run in the correct direction to dodge him. What do I do there?

Please help I want to love this game but I just don't get it. I feel like there's a hidden dodge button somewhere that I have yet to find.

There is no dodge button. So parry harder.

Also it's understandable, since dodging was Bayonetta's strong mechanics.

The first step to getting good at this game is buying the move "Offensive Defense."

I'm playing it too. It's a very good game, though it dumbs down some of the franchise staples like dungeons and fusions.

Feels bad man

Welcome to modern AAA FPS.

If you've ever played an Etrian Odyssey game, it's exactly like that, just with much higher production values since it was a PSP rather than DS game. It's a standard dungeon crawler, but 7th Dragon 2020 is third person rather than first and has standard menu, turn based combat.
As for having to play the series in order, 7th Dragon 2020 is actually a sci-fi spinoff series of the high fantasy main series on the DS and 3DS, so you wouldn't need to have played the original to jump right into 2020. 2020 II and the newest one on the 3DS, however, are direct sequels to 2020 as it looks like the spinoff was more popular than the original. Sad to see the series go back to a region locked system.

Alright will do, I'll try that now and see if it works

Is it possible to parry the pounce attack and the follow up attacks from the combo?

It should be, you can parry way more unbelievable shit later in the game.

The planes in the Spanish civil war are all ass to fly, except for the I-16 and the Italian bomber. The He-51 is okay but totally outclassed by the Russian fighters. Wouldn't recommend anyone play IL-2 without a flight stick and autism.

Trying Clash of kings, jumping sides and building businesses, but have stayed with the Lannisters most of the time. Renly took King's landing and had the queen and her kids killed to Tywin declared himself king, and negotiated peace with the riverlands and the north, after they stole lannisport that is. Iron Islanders are going to get wiped off the face of the earth soon, since the northmen are at peace with everyone else.

Great strategy game, I'm glad that we have a few anons over here that play it. In the interim between threads here a few months back I joined a cuckchan match from the steam group and that was awful, half of the 10 or 12 players had quit by the second week and held the match up. Now that the sale is over I can't recommend the game since it also requires some autism and costs 35$. Would definitely recommend a pirate if you like turn based strategy like HoMM or Age of Wonders.

My personal favorite game in the series and my favorite mod for the game, I can't think of much justification for this, other than my fondness for ancient history and Macedonian pike blocks.

I also started a new run in fallout 2 and started Gothic 2 for the first time, but haven't been diligent in getting through them. Sometimes I play war thunder too

Just tap forward + attack constantly, until you get into the rhythm of things.

there's you problem, you're holding parry.
X and forward. for each attack. every attack.
Holding it does nothing.
There is no cooldown to it.
You can interrupt the "recovery animation" with another parry.
In the end you should just be slamming the joystick against the controller parrying every attack

to be contrary to the other OP I'd suggest mastering Offensive defensive until later, buy it by all means but remember holding parry does nothing.
Each attack needs it's own parry.

After you parry, you can immediately parry again by doing the same input even though you're still in the animation. Also, note that Offensive Defense doesn't give you the generous amount of iframes you might expect from a dedicated dodge like in Bayonetta, but it is useful.

It has it's problems but the combat system's fun, currently finishing off all missions in finis difficulty so I can unlock l'cie mode.

does the story ever get not shit? I couldn't get past the opening cutscene since it sounded like FFXIII bullshit again.

I did the same thing, finished it though, buying the DLC was like autistic masochism. HOS was meh but BAW is better than the main campaign in a lot of ways + has at least 20 more hours of side stuff. It's like a big tub of macaroni salad: doesn't taste that great but it lasts and there's a lot of it.

Not really, there's no character development and they all die at the end.
The plots better then FFXIII's one though, at least type-0s plot actually makes sense.

I've been playing Ico, Deus Ex, and some 3DS VN that I randomly decided to grab from freeShop called Parascientific Escape.

???

I thought you needed a Wii mote?

I never used Offensive Defensive, so it didn't come to mind.

I hope you're playing the PSP version with the fan translation instead of the actual HD rerelease the west saw.

With the Wii you need a Wiimote with Wii motion+

With stock Dolphin Emulator you ALSO require a Wiimote with Wii Motion+ synced via your PCs Blutooth

There is a modified Dolphin emulator fork that allows you to play Squidward Sword without the fucking WiiMotion+ but its based on an outdates as fuck version of Dolphin (version 3 I think)

I just want it to be over so I can play something else.

It's not worth it user.

Been switching between the HD Remake of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories which I find surprisingly fun to mess around with deck builds, and Ace Attorney 6.

But I've almost reached the ending!

chain of memories is best KH

meant to say "I wish they made a sequel"

Will do

Well shit I guess the game finally clicked for me, just killed Mistral and almost never got hit during the fight.

Unboxed (pic related)
Hearthstone daily quests with tavern brawls
Deus Ex HR doing a no killing run
Played some of the Nioh beta but decided to wait until full release to play more
A browser game called factoryidle

Cities: Skylines and Verdun.
Getting a SimCity 4 music mod for the former was one of the best vidya decisions I've ever made.

Isn't Cities: Skylines essentially just traffic management with no actual city-building?

If I've just attacked is there any way for me to parry or do I have to pause for a bit? When I try to play aggressively and attack right before they do and then parry at the perfect moment, I just end up attacking more and getting hit. I really hate that something so crucial is completely contextual.

It's less than nintendogs, only dress up.

There's plenty of city building, but it's way too easy to balance your budget and make city work. Overly simplified wealth and density systems don't help either. Traffic management is the only challenge with a proper difficulty curve. One of the biggest problems with AI is its ignorance of traffic during pathfinding.
I've heard about some large simulation overhaul mod in the planning, though. It's supposed to make the game more like SC4 with three wealth and three density levels for all zone types, restoration of larger growable plots (up to 16x8 as opposed to vanilla 4x4), implementation of Rush Hour mod and various balance tweaks for good measure.

Haven't really played much else. Excited to wrap up the story.

I am circulating though these at the moment, I hope I get done with Yakuza 5 before the localization of 0 comes out

Bandai Namco's tumblr was showing off the guns in that game. Are guns fun to use in that compared to the other monster hunting games?

I never got into Monster Hunter that much so I don't know how ranged weapons are in that game.
The best thing is probably that you can change between melee and ranged almost instantly during a hunt, so you don't have to focus on a single weapon.
But it does feel fun, especially after you absorbed some power from a monster and shoot it right back at it. But depending on the weapon you can just target the enemy or you have to actually aim.
Best part is that you can customize the bullets you use, stuff like spread, number of bullets, effects, etc., but there are some pretty broken combinations that can turn the game into easymode

Fantastic.

Do VNs count? Just finished Arc's route in Tsukihime.

I'm eyeing Postal Redux now that it's got online co-op.

oh and this as well

Duke Nukem 3D on the eduke32 source port

I also tried out LAN Multiplayer with two machines, it can get kind of funky depending on when you join in the server, but when it works, it works.

other than that

ridiculously good level design where you can send in poisonous fish and a transmitter that the target first swallows the transmitter and dies over time due to the poison
the game was downgraded throughout the course of development, every single quality except for the music
no anti-air aganist fly kicking slavs, 0 variation

How's Running with Rifles?

Multiplayer is the shit.
Singleplayer is just shit.

Gotta keep up that practise.

Might as well end it now

DDRA at my local arcade and Project Diva X at home.

The first is pretty good except when it glitches out. I'm not sure if it is because of a memory leak or because of Windows XP for embeded systems, but it starts having seizures if it isn't reset after a while. One way or another its the first DDR iteration I've summed up the guts to get relatively good at and the song list is good, though I'm not sure I want to get so "good" that I'm bar humping for points and not dancing.

The second is pretty shit for a Project Diva game, but it is filling the void. Really need to get Future Tone somehow.

And also just completed smt.

FUCKING NOTHING

I DON'T EVEN PLAY VIDEO GAMES ANYMORE

Pretty much these since I got both recently.

AM2R, MGSV, Rocket League and DOOD(Denuvo BTFO)

Beginning to go through Magus' lair.
Halfway through the middle puzzles
Three badges obtained, abusing the breeding system to have max stats pokes faster
I hate that Killachine but the girls are cute. Especially Nepgear.
Going through Act 1 with various builds. Actually going with an Ice Sorceress. Next one is a Claw Assassin.

Pretty good overlooked shmup with SNK characters.
a collection of pre-Neo Geo SNK games, surprisingly there are some pretty decent titles in here that aged well.

Been continuing my save on this with Morrowind Rebirth. It's bee a decent amount of fun. Doing House of Hlaalu quests right now.

I found a Siberian server with scorestreaks. I don't even know why I'm playing on it but I am.

Started a marathon from WA1 to WA5. Good so far.

It's pretty fun, playing it when I can.

Just started, guss I'll be up to a lot of talking.

Have fun with WA2. A word of advice though, if you haven't played it before: The way Personal Skills handle in WA2 (having been introduced to the series in that game), skills you pick up are permanent, and the stat boosting ones have the bonuses be cumulative. Thus, it's a good idea to prioritize what you want to pick up early on each given character, in order to maximize stat growth playing to their strengths, and a bit of research on which skills are smart to pick up early (or even at all) will probably help a good bit.

I've been mainlining Pokemon games for a little while.

I'm on Gen 5 right now, I think this gen's my favorite.

Some of that porn is pretty bad user.

I have low standards.

The reason it's like that is because they built the game off of the PS1 star ocean's engine, which let you use up to four abilities at the same time using buttons the PSP simply doesn't have, though star ocean was never really like the tales games, even the SNES version allowed for better movement than phantasia.

Fifth gen's more than a bit hit or miss (it doesn't help that stuff like the online is down now and thus Pokemon with Dream World abilities can't be officially accessed aside from local trading), but I found it enjoyable myself. Then again, I kind of liked how Colosseum and Gale of Darkness had a bit more of a story focus than the average Pokemon game, so didn't find B/W/B2/W2 being more story focused that big an issue.

Also helps that the music could be pretty good at times.

Yeah, again, I suppose it's my own issue going in with slightly off expectations for it. I've gotten a bit more used to it fiddling around with it some more, but it still strikes me that it would have been nice if they had some sort of tweaked control scheme to allow for setting at least four abilities at once in the PSP version. I assume Second Evolution also only allows for setting two abilities as well?

Radiant Historia is the perfect blending of Trigger and Chross, you've got two timelines, but free movement backward in them (from your most recent point).

Stick with it, the story is really good.

Put all your PP into the skill that permanently raises your HP as soon as you can afford all ranks. Also, the FP reducing once is useful as well, as is the one that auto heals you when FP rises.

Immercenary for the 3DO, MediEvil for the PS1, and MediEvil 2 is next. The first 2 I already beaten.

Yeah, it's not like I'm planning on dropping it or anything. I just want to make sure I have enough time to really appreciate it.

my melanin dense compatriot
currently emulating the second, since I only have the first one in physical

Axiom Verge, it has its moments, bosses are easy but good looking, the grapling hook is fucking trash.

Heavily modded Skyrim with bouts of Crimsonland classic, Death Rally Classic and a few roguelikes/lites/lights/whatever people call them

I know, I know Skyrim
I'm doing Skyrim because with Legendary I can get to every perk, skill and house easilly without actually cheating.

It's pretty ok after all the mods, as a skinnerbox sandbox as long as you keep setting specific goals. I do sometimes get a little sad at when I am hit with the potential/presentation

Pretty sure I'll play this game until I am basically the master of the universe which is just all the skills and all the perks and then never touch it again, except maybe for very heavy total conversions.

Looking for new games right now really, Was looking at Blood Bowl 2 but then you get almost no races and apparently the AI will bullshit you with how it levels up in the singleplayer campaign. What a shame

Just started playing Skyward Sword. I was expecting it to be a lot worse… I'd rather be using regular controls, but the motion isn't as bad as people made me think.

Playing dwarf fortress for the first time.

Been following the starting guide from the wiki, a weredeer erased half of my population when I was around the caravan trading faction. I guess the "defend your fort" section comes later, lol …

ss13 is the only game that can sustain me

99% of video games are awful

I'm on the brink of falling into SS13 and sinking huge amounts of time in it.
It sound like the kind of game I would lose myself in.
Do you have a link that would hook me?
Also, maybe some pro/cons over barotrauma?

MFW
Only games can sustain me

99% of video games are awful

Enderal. Fucking lots of it

I fucking lost my Twilight Princess save a couple of years back halfway and couldn't be arsed to finish.

Doing it on Dolphin in EICH-DEE and it's pretty cool so far.

How's the game play user? Looks like some kinda indie-feelsy metroid clone to me.

We all know you'll succumb to porn mods halfway user, no shame in it.

Not a chance, I'd fall into that cesspool way ago if ever, I just like the amount of things that can happen. Which is why the potential makes me so sad.

That song would not be out of place in a Kiseki.

I'm currently bouncing between playing Trails of Cold Steel 2 (had to restart the prologue because I fucked up when deleting a VPK and killed my id.dat and accidentally formated over it. Don't fuck up like me, make a separate folder for that shit!), Touch my Katamari, Gotta Protectors and Hyrule Heroes.

Going to start the full Chrono/Xeno sequence later today CT->XG->CC->XS1-3->SRWOGG1/2->Xenoblade->XenobladeBlade

Can't wit for KOSMOS and the Dinah to show up in the next OG SRW game. Shit is gonna be cash.

Good stuff user, that shit can get addicting. That's one of my goto games for getting comfy in the coming winter.

Honestly you remove the waggle and SS is a good game.

No it's not.

Yup it's pretty Metroid. I like it, although it has many useless items or powerups you''ll only use a couple of times and a shitload of backtracking (I guess it's normal with these games). That being said, the music is good, the graphics are ok and I'm loving the bosses. Pretty good if you consider it was made by one guy. Give it a shot if you can.

I honestly still need to give Xenogears and Xenosaga a go myself. Xenoblade Wii was pretty enjoyable, but I know it's pretty different than 'gears or 'saga (especially considering it initially wasn't even called a Xeno- game, being "Monado: Beginning of the World" prior).

Also, I hope you know moon. Endless Frontier: Exceed never saw western release (mostly like due to poor sales of Endless Frontier here, if availability and prices of it are anything to go off of) and the only patch it has is a menu one to my knowledge, and XCX's localization is fucking horrible.

I already played both the Frontiers, I had the menupatch for the second and a story translation: honestly what the fuck do you need to know anyway? It's tittybots fighting fleshtitties.

It's kind of meh, and if an official 2d metroid had been released within a decade, it would have flown under every radar.

R6 Siege

Trying to get all my mods compiled for the ultimate Stalker SOC experience

Pic related. NuDoom. Rimworld.

Why

still easier to get into than Dominions

Actually it goes like this
7th Dragon (DS)
2020 (PSP)
2020-II (PSP)
III VFD (3DS)

Chronologically, the 3DS game is both first and the last in the series. It's something quite special if you do play in release order though.

NOTHING , I PLAYED NOTHING

What are some good DS RPGs I should get

Original DS?
You have the Etrian Odyssey Series 1,2,3. 1 is really dated so you can skip it safely
7th Dragon is fun
Rune Factory 3. 2 is… bad, it locks a majority of the game until you're already more than halfway through. and 1 is awful.

came to find out if you got it, glad you have user.
Getting the hang of bosses in that game is so satisfying

Ace Combat 5

Dong Tropical Freeze

I can't play more than one game at once because otherwise I invest too much time into one and ignore the others.

B-But where does the "dating sim" part of the title come then?

Fuck off gook.

Diep.io and Phantasy Star

The DS had a lot of RPGs, both original to the system as well as ports and remakes. What gameplay style you thinking of, or does that even really matter to you either way?

Etrian Odyssey 3 is the best game on the system. SMT Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, FFTA2, the Devil Survivors, Chrono Trigger if you haven't played that, both of the Fire Emblems are decent but the latter is fan translation only, The World Ends With You and Valky Prof: Plume are all good to pretty devent.

Fucking casual, the game is from 2007.

Standard fare for 4x. Learn to play as you go.

Looks cute as shit. Thanks for the recommendation.

Just finished Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations.
It was fun. Lacked the impact of the Phoenix Wright games, though. Really felt like nothing more than an expansion pack to the original series, even if it added some (okay) new features.
It's like the Opposing Force to Phoenix Wright's Half-Life, but not quite as good.

Otherwise, been playing Half-Line Miami.
It really feels like a game maker game, but it's pretty cool.

Don't forget that AAI2 has a fan translation. I've heard it's better, though I have yet to play it myself.

Anyhow, I suppose I might as well throw a few suggestions out there. Radiant Historia seems pretty enjoyable and I can see why people like it. Also seen a rather heavy liking for TWEWY and SMT Strange Journey, and I know at least a few anons have been vocal that Contact's good. The Etrian Odyssey games are nice if you want an old pen-and-paper style dungeon crawler RPG where you draw your own maps.

One I have a good liking for is Avalon Code. It's not perfect, but it's got some neat ideas to it and if you like manipulating items/NPCs/enemies and lots and lots of flavor text, it's pretty cool. Neat setting as well, given the fact that the world is ending soon and one of your goals is to build an encyclopedia of what exists before it does (by smashing shit with a demonic looking book).

been replaying PvZ lately. its so sad that EA bought POPCAP and are trying to jew everyone in PvZ 2. why cant they just charge me 15-20 dollars and give me the whole game?

I was gonna look into that one, actually.
I wanna try working my way through a few more action-oriented games, though. I've got a backlong that's gotten so big, it's hard to look at it.

Yes it is.

The game is terrible for so many more reasons than the motion controls.

Old or new one?

It doesn't even properly describe what the skills do when you level them up. Just play Untold 1 on classic. Avoid avoid Untold 2.

A action side-scroller published by Konima for GBA in 2003. The combat is very fast paced and carried out is short satisfying bursts. Save states may improve your enjoyment of the game because of lengthy and hard levels nearing the end.

TPS/Beat em' up w/ minor stealth. A unique game with lots of different combat mechanisms to keep things interesting. Outside of ps2 threads I've never seen this games talked about. So far it's been one of my favorite games.

NOTE: The Pc Version of this game is superior in every way except for acquiring it. Consult a share thread for advice on finding it. I believe I found it at fulygamegames(dot)net.

Typical Life-Sim RPG released on 3DS. You go around doing mundane tasks (Farming, Fishing, Cooking, etc..) and as you advance in each of these tasks they become more complex. Everything you do generally helps you progress to becoming stronger in combat. Some amount of autism is required to enjoy this game.

It was a recommendation given to in a Friday Night thread. I played and enjoyed Farcry 3 Blood Dragon and I was told this game very similar. So far its enjoyable just way too repetitive and easy.

Only a couple hours in. Will form a opinion on it later.

Anyone have some good vanilla wads to recommend? I like short, fast and punishing maps.

It seems Radiant Historia has had a lot of mention in this thread. I've seen it talked about lot's before but I'm gonna add it to my backlog and give it a try now.

The Co-op was fun in Forced. How is Showdown? I've wasn't interested in it because it didn't have Co-op but I did enjoy the game play of Forced.

First time Chrono Trigger?

It's actually pretty neat. You can add new items to the Book of Prophecy by performing a code scan on the object (be it just something sitting around, or a metallize tablet you earn/find) and can learn to recreate it using the base object and the right assortment of codes (IE: you can use a certain combination of codes to change the basic sword into a gladius or something better), and a number of items will increase in effectiveness by further stacking particular classes codes on them (such as one sword gaining +3% crit chance with every ILL code beyond the ones needed to make the sword). And as far as weaponry goes, you've got a mixture of them to choose from like one hand swords (which can be dual wielded), two hand swords, hammers, bombs, and guns/crossbows if memory serves.

I've got a physical copy of Oni for the PC if you would like me to do a clean/verified rip?

Whoops, thought you were talking about one of the RPGs actually. My bad.

Fuck off with that expanded audience JRPG remake, man up.

Oni is a really good game, I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to be well known.

T-time for some more doom .wads, I guess

The version I have now is working great for me. After I beat the game I'm going to try installing the visual improvement mods. Then I will probably find out if anything is wrong with mine.
Did you buy your copy around release?

It seems that this game is destined to be that way. The rights of the game are owned by companies that don't work together. Probably why anything related to this game gets DMCA'd in a instant.

I don't know how bad your PC is user but a Core i3-6100 can run both of those games flawlessly on its integrated graphics; de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jd6qRG

270 euro plus your existing disks and power supply to get you going on lots of modern games :) it'll play shit like Overwatch too

throw in an RX 460 de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mXH89W and you're good for basically any game in 1080p

The second reply was meant for

Moved recently and haven't yet gotten my PC or PS2 shipped to me, so I'm stuck with mobile shit.

Vector Pinball, War Robots, and Buriedbornes have been tiding me over.

Old games are better, you aren't missing anything.

Play Ultima VII, Ultima Underworld and Descent?

I know your pain bro, although I can run Ori at a nearly decent framerate, Grim Dawn killed my toaster and it was a game I wanted to play with my friends

Why didn't they keep that song in the new games?

Game was honestly really good, i thought it had some of the best writing I have experienced in all forms of media, I really liked the whole idea of that multiverse esper thing where people can communicate with each others minds

Was mediocre in the beginning until you started getting the codes and discovering the secret of your character. Luna is my waifu and best girl, her ending is fucking heart wrenching. All the characters are good and the true ending is a massive cucking for the finale game (ZTD). This game suffered from relying too hard on the jump mechanic but still solid, and the writing is still pretty great. Phi was sort of an issue because it implied that she knew too much but then she turned out to know almost nothing.

I think this has the best story progression in the series. I like the story fragments and how you have to keep changing votes. Its interesting even though it might not be executed properly in some ways. One thing I hate so far is how shitty of a character Junpei is in this game, Akane is somehow retarded now, Eric is a cuck, and there is no Clover. I always liked Clover's character. I wish they bought Snake back too.

Also I cant not hear Jotaro when Sigma speaks.

Im not done with it yet, but I hope the story doesn't go full retard.

I've been trying to platinum Xenoverse in anticipation for XV2

hopefully the next game makes the RNG system a lot less irritating

mainly been replaying the 1st witcher. plan to go through the whole series.

a few hours of mhg every now and then.

and a few quick games of overwatch.

what's stopping you from blowing guys on the streets for cash?

FOEs get a new theme every game to better fit the tone of the game as a whole. They already have a recurring battle theme in Unrest ~ To the End of the Raging Winds.

EOIV youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6Wc3VzNzE

EOV youtube.com/watch?v=ysgQbr1OUnY

EOMD youtube.com/watch?v=4eOvhL2F-io

Persona 5 looks good, so I decided to give the series a try. I've been playing P3 off and on since last winter and I only got to January last week. I don't hate it, it's just that it was mostly grinding until the next full moon for a lot of the game which was a drag. Heard P4 is amazing though, so I'm glad I'm almost done this one

I've just been unlocking stuff in Hyrule Warriors. It's also the game I play the most these days next to Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I was also emulating Earthbound, but my save got erased out of nowhere. Shitty because I was enjoying it a lot

Theres a tutorial in the game which gives you the controls. After that play one game on easy and you'll know almost everything. Also Economy>Everything early game, other then for gold bros.

fallout 4
doom 4
elder scrolls online
next one will be skyrim remastered

DQV rumored to be one of the best DQ
i only played: V, VI, VIII, IX.
only finished: V and VI so yeah
shining forces one great game
played the sega CD that is a direct sequel finished the first canpain need to finish.

I suck at Risk of Rect, but it's one of those games that so fun into a groove no matter how hard it gets.

Army of Zin is fun despite the iffy platforming and simple combat.

I was also elated that Demul got updated and fixed the bug where the controls for Fighting Vipers 2 didn't work, so I played that.

Deus Ex with the GMDX mod

Got to Smuggler's, put a scope on my crossbow, and the game crashed when I tried to aim down it. Have not tested if all scopes cause crashes. Also changing renders sucks since I have to use the ini since changing it via options changes the renderer for Deus Ex's exe, not GMDX's. Other than that, shit is legit. I'm not loving the stamina system, but getting consistent results with the baton is always welcome. Plus the shotguns are useful now, especially Sawn-Off. Vanilla SO was outclassed hard by the later one you get in Hong Kong.