Homefront the Revolution has a free weekend

What did they do to screw up this badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution
tsrewind.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wasn't starting in a good place to begin with.

Still though it'd do somewhat alright considering people ate up Dying Light, Dead Island, and Far Cry 3?

how ironic

JUST
U
S
T

I just tried it out and it ran like shit on my PC even with the newest ""performance"" patch, what a shit game.

Sad thing is the devs could have just remastered Time Splitters and probably made a bundle?

Those games had loads of marketing to save them as well as being "Popular". Homefront on the other hand is a sequel to a game which was known for being a letdown, and on top of that I hear it had massive framerate and technical issues that took only until now to get patched. I'm tempted to give it a play if only for the hopes it has Timesplitters 2 on PC, but I just hope that since Dambusters is part of Deep Silver they get the hint people dont want this anymore, they want Timesplitters, and given the fact that games like NuDoom and Shadow Warrior were successes they have a convenient excuse to do so.

Fuck, I'd be happy with just a basic port of the Timesplitters games with online multiplayer. That'd be fucking amazing.

I want to say something witty, but I'll let the video speak for itself.

This kill the /k/.

Words cannot express how retarded that is. Let me guess, the guns all shoot like shit anyway?

Thats actually a complaint with the game.

Which part? The retarded ass setting or the retarded ass guns? Or both?

Both. The first games setting was retarded but it was worse in the sequel it seems since North Korea in Revolution seems to be China or something. And the guns fire horribly.

Seems like they are desperately trying to get the Red Dawn audience but without offending anyone.

Its strange but not so unusual. There is carbine conversions for pistols, were you use the grip and platform, but this game turned this concept to 11.

These are the people expected to win back America in the game. They didn't meme their game's success very well.

IRL it's not as simple as slapping a new top half down though. It kills the /k/ because even if the top half of the SMG conversion kit has all the firing mechanisms required, the pistol slide doesn't actually contain the pistol counterpart of mechanism. So you end up with some weird gun where your trigger fires the SMG part with the pistol hammer still going at it. Not to mention how the mag well doesn't line up with the SMG barrel after conversion (it's like 3 cm too high for feeding to work unless the kit comes with a chute, which is completely fantasy shite.

I think the pistol is normal, just obscured by sparks or tinder or some shit, and I'm not sure that he's actually holding the bandoleer or if it's just draped over with something else in his hand.

Pretty shitty marketing if no one can tell what the fuck they're looking at.

Hence why i said that this game turned this shit into 11, plus it would be easier to just convert that shit into auto at that point. Dont forget the AR to LMG conversion in the fly too, they went full retard with this shit.

imfdb.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution

I found the page to end all pages concerning this game. Turns out the pistol on the title is supposed to be an Beretta 92F since they went with M9 designation.

Do post. I'm lacking my morning aneurysm.

TimeSplitters Rewind is still fucking alive. The blog gets an update or two a month usually. tsrewind.com

Also, it's insanely easy to get out of bounds, since there's no sign of player clips.

Rushed game, not the same devs as before, fucking terrible IP that was mediocre, and finally, making North fucking Korea into a superpower by making it into a China/Russia villain.

Just realized the Homefront IP came about pretty much as a sequel to Frontlines Fuel of War.

So since this game has painful looking gun customization, what other games are there with actually good customization?

Payday 2 is okay, but the stat changes make no sense.

Stop posting that image, That gun was rescued and paint stripped over many painful hours

Vandals! It was a piece of art.

Distasteful. He should have left the original colouring, and had the cutie mark done as an engraving instead

Faggot

Shame.

Compared to Homefront, it's soft, but it would scare /k/ like an horror flick.

I like this game tho, except for 66% of the content behind over $120 of DLC

What are you talking about, that looks relatively normal compared to this :^)

Send that to /k/ titled "Holla Forums sends their regards"

I am curious to see how /k/ reacts.

yeah, both games were doomed to suck nigger cock from the start

Oh shit nigger what have you done?

I'm no /k/ but something about that gun looks…off, any user mind explaining it?

Dying light was good. Fuck you.

Wasn't this games development super troubled?

It was, Crytek UK originally was supposed to make the game but they stopped paying employees, Homefront 2 went through several reboots, they even supposedly put something at the end of the credits acknowledging the game had a troubled development.

Whether or not that excuses the game is up to the player of course.

It's like Far Cry 3 with all the bad parts of Watch Dogs… but worse

I cared about it user.

I even played it.

I miss that dumb mini gun drone. Had the sickest deploy animation I ever saw.

The digits have spoken.
It must be done.

Those don't do anything to the slide. They're more akin to drop in kits.

That Homefront shit is like taking the engine from a trailer truck and dropping it in a sportscar because lel just werks.

The scope is on the right side…how the fuck do you use it?

Unlike the hideously unwieldy mauser carbine (seriously, who puts a scope on a rifle like they're using an AA gun), someone actually made (with a lot of remilling) and used the grand pinger.

Wondering when the repetition sinks in, I'm an hour in but so far it seems better than the original, granted that isn't a hard thing to do.

Why doesn't any dev have the balls to make a game where you are insurgent fighters against a corrupt US government? As in it goes full blown parody of the most tinfoil of tinfoil black helicopters level of turning against the people.

Why didn't the dev have the balls to make it about China or anyone else in the first place instead of making it on North Korea, who no matter what is not a major threat.

Because then they couldn't sell the game in China. As if it was going to sell there anyways.

Installed it, played it, stopped playing it after getting to play TS2. It gets hard on hard with no retries.

Seriously feminists? Sabotaging issued arms even when the enemy is right in front of your doorstep.

Sheeple does as they are told. If marketing people tells them that this generic shooter that is just like CoD or BF is shit they will believe it

Finished this a little while ago and I would call it mediocre. It feels like a Ubisoft game with a little bit of Cysis thrown in. Took me about 10 hours to finish including the two levels of timesplitters 2 (This easter egg really fucked me up because there is a scream that is used in timesplitters 2 that is playing in the background of the area where timesplitters 2 is located).

There’s a noticeable amount of mouse lag that, while distracting when the game starts, doesn’t make the game unplayable. The weapon customization is meh; I found myself using the smg (pistol addon you get at the beginning) for the majority of the combat with the mine launcher (assault rifle addon) and marksman rifle for vehicles and long-range respectively. The actual switching of the attachments is tedious. Using the mouse to select an option will sometimes cause the selector to oscillate, using the number keys to select feels sluggish, and if you miss select, you will have to wait for the animation to finish before continuing. The gas element feels half done, and it is just “put on the mask and forget about it;” there’s no timer, filters, or obscuring of vison, nor is there places within the map where you can take off the mask (excluding a cutscene where you take the mask off outside before entering a house). The ending is one of those things where you say “this guy is going to die right here” and it kind of happens. I don’t really like how enemies will respawn indefinitely in the yellow zone districts (the stealth areas with civilians), and would have preferred if they sent in more than just foot soldiers and r/c tanks to attack you. The three major characters are all rather standard architypes: the pacifist doctor who always vouches against the violent approach, the impatient crazy person with emotional issues, and the leader who just wants to do what’s right.

The most I would pay for this game is around $10.

If you replace the Koreans with the US government than this game is almost that; they fucking drop gas from zeppelins near the end of the game.

This shit right here, all those frantic games and challenges of virus and flame tag have burnt it in my mind. Free Radical really likes to reuse their stock assets.

Lots of games rip off the Crysis weapon mod thing. Mankind Divided does it as well.

Oh boy, you'd love the first Homefront.

Is it worth a pirate?

I cant believe you dont go and fight on Alcatraz, everything before it pointed to you going first, then suddenly the plot changes and you go to a fucking bridge.

Homefront on PS3 was only 700mb to download, Brink was 500mb.

It's just slavshit.

Let's be honest, in reality that bridge would be knocked the fuck out before those tanks even got close. Imagine being an invading army and having to cross through the massive city on land instead of using the bridge. That turns a short drive into a fucking multi-day slog.

What bugged me more was the super-armored not-Juggernaut Koreans you fight on the bridge. They're all carrying Kriss Vector SMGs and it's supposed to be *the* end game weapon. Yeah, a .45ACP SMG is really going to take down these heavily armored guys better than a rifle.

The entire game is a clusterfuck of "No, dont do that you fucking idiot"

Why the fuck is so much of the ghetto suburbs unusable?

Why the fuck is the rebel base which so much time and money was clearly invested for the player to use and talk to everyone there destroyed? why was the base of the original open world idea destroyed and the characters that were clearly meant to do other things killed off half an hour later?

Its like DmC all over again, so much stuff got cut out, and even more got left in that does not get explained.

Wait, you mean the first game was planned to be open world from the get go? That's news to me, I thought it was just meant to be a 4 hour long CoD clone.

It was meant to be originally open world with you going full OPERATOR around california with something similar to Mercenaries/Far Cry 2.

One of the things that you were supposed to do before the game happened was that you and a group of resistance fighters were meant to attack a Walmart kinda place (which is ingame i will admit) that had been converted into an enormous tank depot, the original plan was you and your mates were going to attack the depot, destroy the tanks and steal everything else.

What did we get instead? a lightly fortified walmart with a chain link fence that gets bombed by a single mortar using a crate of White Phospherous (that is barely explained how any of this is still around and has not been seized by the norks and used themselves) then you go inside the walmart which is almost completely intact (SHELVES AND ALL!) and run around a corridor of turned over flimsy shelves while the WP somehow ignites the building.

i wanted a fucking open world nork removal game that was advertised, not a door kicking stocksound.com game

I fucking loved that game, shame it's pretty much dead now.

i loved the ammo can preorder with the cards and patch, its a shame the MP was dead on day 1.

is the game open world or not?

I made it 21 minutes in. What do I win?

What the fuck.

That's downright cruel what happened to that firearm, it's good to hear it's been rescued, restored to it's former self and given a new safe home.

Where it can live out the rest of it's shooting days in peace and harmony, possibly with others of it's own kind. Free from the hands hoofs? of it's former abusive owner.

The Goliath was the one interesting thing about that game to me.

The first Homefront? No.

All those games are actually relatively bug free and don't have massive design flaws.

Homefront has respawning enemies worse than Far cry 2

it does make sense, it's still not a 100% indicator of where the barrel is pointing but so are top mounted sights

I really don't think it's fair to our distant cousins in the ape family to compare them to niggers.

isn't crytek getting loadsamone from sheckle shillizen?

What if I told you They did a remake of Red Dawn with the North Koreans as the invading force in 2012

There are AR-LMG kits, but I have a feeling that they went about it in the most retarded way possible.

Yep, exactly what I thought

Apart from the muzzle and the sight off to the side, it's fine. It's just an artillery Mauser carbine

I use to play Payday 2 a lot and really liked the historic pack the Mauser came in due to the Nugget and Flag spear being so good. And if I recall using it was fucked up and off to the side. The gun wasn't even that strong

No it wasn't, you're thinking of another rifle that was painted to be Rainbow Dash-themed.

Apparently they just bought the engine, Crytek don't get royalties.

That's pretty cool, what's so triggering about it?

Let me guess, Chinks were not correct enough?