"Pokemon Pearl was great...

"Pokemon Pearl was great, its just genwunner nostalgiafags who dont have a single valid reason for criticising the best gen, please tell me what was wrong with it"

and then the thread 404'ed, but for future reference:

The games are bad. They are objectively the worst in the series, red and blue are the only games more broken than them and by pearl they should have known better. Especially after gold and silver and too much water trumpet adventure.

They are bad games and this is why Holla Forums considers them bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/wxw1avi42s1pe61/y5ih_ceywJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But that was when the added the physical/special move split. Your criticisms have been invalidated.

Smogon pls go.

Okay. Breaking news.

What about best girl marley? don't tell me you were thinking too much about dicks to remember marley, only an obnoxious SanFran pride parade faggot would forget Marley

shameful.

Only part I disagree with you there is the F.E.A.R (which involved breeding and outright knowledge on how the game worked) being a massive game-breaker and Bidoof being a shit pokemon.

Other then that, pretty much agree with you OP.

how could I forget mai waifu

Get a better waifu, man.

You raise a good point, however, that's really the only thing gen 4 added.
Not good enough.

I thought that was a guy at first

There is no such thing as a shit Pokemon game

Battles were not slower than gen 1/2

Text and movement were also not slower than gen 1/2.

What? Older Pokémon are in the game, so you can't say there's less Pokémon before the elite 4 than in every other game, unless you just feel like lying.

Oh no we can't have 2 stage Pokémon… wait why the fuck not?

Yep. That sucked.

As opposed to how you transferred Pokémon into Ruby and Sapphire, which worked exactly as well as transferring Pokémon into Red and Blue.

Roaming Pokémon are inherently bad now?

This is no different than the previous gens.

How can any problem with online make gen 4 worse than previous gens that simply didn't have it?

You really believe battles were slower than gen 1?

Sylph Co was a giant grey maze that sucked all joy from the world.

Zubat

Can't blame the game for the marketing department.

Yep.

Yep. But again, this doesn't really compare unfavorably to gen 1/2, and dealing with that journal when you loaded fire red/leaf green will always be the series low point for starting up play

Pokémon contests have always sucked in every implementation and should just be ignored.

Isn't this the gen that Cynthia came from? And Cyrus wasn't Giovanni, but he beat whoever ran team magma and aqua.

user, why would you post things that have been proven false?

Wicke?

You forgot

The music in D/P was the best in the series though, and while many feel music is an afterthought, a good soundtrack can turn a mediocre game into a good one.

I'm sure you cannot deal with your first entry being shat on for the turd it is but come on son.

That's not Black and White.

B/W was good, but D/P was better. It was so comfy.

X/Y was probably the worst.

I never played D/P, but I consider Platinum to be the apex of the series, and HG/SS to be a nostalgic farewell.

B/W was the exact moment that it all went to shit and it's never recovered.

It introduced based Pokegod, it can't be that bad.

Literally the weakest soundtrack of the series user.

More.

X/Y is the worst gen.

Don't worship Arceus' perfect fat asshole
It's lewd

Sun and Moon is going to be a Pokemon Renaissance though, right?

Why.

And the battles and text?

Why do you always do this

It sure as fuck is looking like it!

It's the only pokemon I can get off too

You knew what you were getting into when you came to this site. Learn to love it.

I don't have to. Fuck off.

Here you go user.

I didn't honestly notice, And i'm literally a fucker who owns all the games save for the originals because my sister wanted them because she also likes pokemon.

Bigger emphasis on post game.

That was shit.

Very easy to catch, however, and they don't pull the runaway while sleeping trick, and you can keep them in battle with Mean Look, which you should be doing in the first place.

This is a meme propagated by early anime, and by the Gen 4 anime, it was already dropped for "be a pokemon master" and shit. Also, this is after the fact.

there will always be fuckin' hackers. in every online game, deal.

Literally a physical pathway to pokemon hell, in lore.

Took me about fucking 50 to catch a fucking legendary who was paralyzed and critical health'd with them in all versions in gen 4. Ultra balls work better objectively.

fuck you
double fuck you, he's cool.

why the fuck do you care about fucking POKEMON CONTESTS

Except the champion Cynthia who was popular enough to pop up in Gen 5 before the world championship in BW2.

No other character is treated like that in the whole series except in GS which is a direct sequal. Try harder, fagamundo.

Lysandre was a shitty lysandre ripoff with a team magma ripoff

Only about 10, out of 80, not even the starters look palatable, other than Greninja and the second fox evo.

That just gave you a reason to explore, the only reason they're not in THIS game is because it has NOTHING to offer, this game is a bland piece of shit

Even then, it was extremely limited.
This entire region was basically a paid beta for Sun/Moon and better, future gens. The only thing I thank it for it Training, EXP Share, and Pokemon Amie.

Not even fucking close.
This gen was so shit, THAT IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A THIRD GAME. They knew it wasn't profitable.

What would you do with him?

DAMN IT!!

You mean Delphox or the furbait?

Nigga are you serious?

I would ask him to make my cock bigger and then I'll pound the fucking shit out of him until he's sore and his legs are violently shaking, I'll cram my cock inside his throat and all the way to his stomach and fill all of it with my yummy creamy cummies! :3c

After that, I'll have him sit on my face as he sucks my cock once more.

Man It's hard, between HG/SS-Black White and Emerald, I don't know which is the best soundtrack. I love the fuck out of them.

Jesus user, that's awesome

Gen 5 was their best because it literally had two games and a sequal two games in the same gen.

I came.

gas yourself furfag

What if Arceus had a Poison Plate and gassed you instead?

no like put you in the oven you fucking kike

They did this in gen 2 cuckold, your entire argument is invalid because you're clearly not a real pokefag.

I look at it more like

Yep its a "XDDDD LOOK AT HOW MUCH I LOVE TO SUCK DICK" thread.

Fags should be put to death.

Gen 5 was so fucking good B2W2 had a fucking hardmode for christ's sake, what happened

I just want to talk about pokemon

As mad as I was and still am, I have to give mad props to the asshole at GameFreak who did that. 10/10 got me good. That said, Genfor is shit and I only ever played it for the fossil digging minigame/watered down Secret base shit. Also.

POKEBALL SEALS WHEN GAYFREAK? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If only there was a way to filter a poster and an entire chain of conversation you don't like

I tried to play for 2 hours.

At least I didn't pay for it, I would be really pissed if I did.
At least, all the shit was fixed in Black/White.

Filtering is broken right now, m8

You’re a fucking retard, kike.

I just started Platinum a few days ago.

Is there any way to get Gengar legit in Platinum ?
I was looking it up but it seems you need to do some sort of GBA game in the game slot nonsense to even get him to spawn other wise he is "Trade-Only" evolve which is the dumbest shit ever.

On an emulator, but I know you can do the game slot thing if worst comes to worst.

Gengar is my favorite.

Also Black 2 was pretty fucking good.

You would know, fag.

Again the variable soundtrack of gen 5 is why it beats those games out for me, but HGSs, Platinum, FRLG and Emerald are all pretty fond in my heart after that.

To be honest I never got why people liked the girls and boys of the games, when the Pokemon themselves are more iconic

Fuck off, furfag.

Are you retarded?

>>>/suicide/

Shilling for what? Don't just throw words around without knowing what they mean, fag.

Faggot. I played Pokemon Stadium as a weelad. One of the NPC opponents used a Nidoqueen. Her animation had her wiggling her breasts at you. I played with a pillow over my crotch from that day forward

Well it's a good thing GF saved Sinnoh with Platinum being one of the best in the series alongside B/W 2. S/M is looking good though.

Gates to Infinity.

I agree with everything but

What? Cynthia and Cyrus did a pretty good job, though their battle themes are probably a major factor as well.

Why does absolutely every user I meet say this? They were fun as hell and had different things to do. Super Contests are part of the reason Hearthome City is my favorite city of all time.

Sinnoh is my favorite region. The actual region itself, I mean. The mountains, the music, the decent challenge (by pokemon standards). I'm not a huge fan of all the new evolutions, most of which you couldn't even use in the storyline of DP. The gross amount of legendaries are overkill, and every move having a 10-second animation made battling tedious.

Yes, pretty much everyone agreed with this since the first games came out. Still, at least there was another option for Gengar in Sinnoh. Very few, if any, trade evolutions ever end up being in the wild. If you don't have access to a second handheld/game, you won't ever get that trade evolution.

Sooooo Pokemon go I good?

No one claims D/P was great, it's Platinum people like. Quit being a whiny faggot.

Pokemon X was better.

Also, learn to spell gen. one correctly, you fucking illiterate.

Reminder that Arceus isn't real
;__;

I disagree with a few of these, like the characters being bad. The rest of your complaints apply to most other pokemon games too.

That being said, Platinum is fucking amazing and fixes most of these.

Platinum pretty much makes them obsolete. Also makes Team Plasma even more like a Cthulhu cult for kids.

That's reason enough to hate the game right there.

They keep doing this shit too. Fucking bastards.

Now I'm not sure whether to skip Diamond and Pearl for the Gen 2 remakes, or just skip Gen 4 entirely.

Gen 4 had HG/SS the best game in the series, play them at least

Nothing about that gen was memorable. I remember more of Gen 1 than I do of Gen 4, and I don't think I played r/b/y for more than 15 minutes.

NO MARIE NO BUY

D/P was ok, but B/W was boring shit and worse, I never finished B/W it was so bad

D/P were a nice breath of fresh air after the totally abysmal R/S.

Brought back lots of G/S stuff, had online, physical/special split, pseudo-3D environments, etc etc

Johto is really poorly balanced, though.

well fuck you too op.

I want to snuggle Cynthia In my fancy as villa in the resort area

As good as HGSS were compared to GS, there were still problems that could have been fixed.
I think they tried to remedy the latter by tweaking around with the Safari Zone. I would still suggest playing it, though. They're fairly strong entries.

Can we post Cynthia? She's my favorite pokegirl and I don't have nearly enough of her.

All D/P/P had was atmosphere. The environments and music were nice, too bad it sucked at everything else.

Fuck you nintendo, every IP that isn't nintendo goes to die on their fucking systems.

Nintendo must be stopped.

huh I still have fond memories of plat/pearl at least.
But I do remember some of the issues you mentioned. Still if this is considered a bad pokemon game.. then x/y was gutter tier because that was my next pokemon game and it was fucking awful imo.

I'm starting to think there was never really a great pokemon game to begin with. Just children nostalgia.

Both of them are good

He's a furfag shitposter

Well, sometimes there are consequences to your actions……

Just like good old Fatal Frame died after it went on the Wii.

Not my waifu or one of my favourite pokegirls, but I once had a dream where Pokerosalina was real.
Well, not the game character per se. You see, in the dream it was commonsense that all the pokemon human characters had real life counterparts, actors or something that nintendo paid to represent that character in events and such, something like japanese idols, they looked exactly like a real life version of the character.
Cynthia's "actor" was a tourist in the same hotel as me and a cousin with some random friends of her that had nothing to do with pokemon. She was not wearing her character's uniform but still had the trademark hair thingys and hairdo(those were probably obligatory by contract). We took a photo with her then the dream moved on.

There are people in this world who will try to tell you that BW2 aren't the best entries in the series. Those people are wrong. Dead wrong.

Yeah, every Pokemon game is great, not just BW2.

I went to 4cuck/v/ by mistake last month (thinking it is Holla Forums's Holla Forums) and they actually had the gall to say that XY sprites look good and BW sprites were a pixelated mess
They weren't even being ironic
That place is beyond salvation

Not excusing /vp/ or anything, but I don't know what you expected by going to 4chan/v/ and expecting anybody to have good taste, let alone when talking about Pokemon.

Original Ruby and Sapphire are pretty bad, I would also say that Diamond and Pearl are bad too. Both were improved with Emerald/Platinum respectively, but that doesn't fix the original games from being shit.

Also X/Y and ORAS having very little post-game content coming out after B2W2 having loads to do after the main story is a poor showing and hurts the overall quality of the experience.

You don't go to a gay bar and then complain that you were surrounded by faggots.

Diamond/Pearl were shite because it looked more like GF trying to test out what they could change and do and caring more about the remakes than the main game themselves. HGSS are really good and had a great atmosphere, even if they were forced to repeat some Johto mistakes, it really felt like a much more polished Gold/Silver than just a cash in remake. Platinum was better, but it shows they took a lot of the complaints and did their best to improve.

X/Y is a low point, mostly because it felt a little hollow and had the toughest act to follow, being stuck between some of the best games on the series, BW2 and ORAS.

If you feel like giving them another chance, go for any of the Gen III games since you can play them on a phone easily and are very comfy to play on pc emulators too. Otherwise, BW and BW2 are really good to start as well, but they lost their Game Sync so some cool content is missing.

Yeah, the botnet browser fucked shit up and synced the bookmarks from my phone to my PC
good thing I ditched jewgle chrome

Hard disagree there, user. ORAS were bad remakes that dropped features from the game it remade. Emerald, Platinum, HGSS and BW/B2W2 are THE best games in the series.

It was Ruby/Sapphire, not Emerald. Just like FireRed/LeafGreen weren't Yellow.

ORAS is factually good, and the best selling remake of the three.

Agree 100%

I just tried to write that paragraph 5 times and I gave up midway. ORAS, by every single measure, is a better game than X/Y. However, there are many interesting and well done ideas and additions to the game that I can't really fault it too much. Flying into routes, the flute, Sharpedo Surf, everything about Secret Bases, the Hoopa islands, the news finally talking about someone else rather than permanently stalking you, etc.

While in general I feel as well it's a bit of a meh game, a lot of small mechanics are added that really makes it shine. And even if I have only terrible memories of it, the DexNav is the best implementation so far of the PokeRadar/area complete system.

So, of all the "middle of the road" Pokemon games, it's the best of them. XY is low a fuck tho.

Emerald was hands down the best pokemon game (pre gen 5) because of battle frontier
Before that, every pokemon game was simply grinding your pokemon to the max level and using its most powerful move
But Battle Frontier forced you to look at battles in a strategic way if you wanted to win, because you couldn't have the advantage of level caps

dropbox.com/sh/wxw1avi42s1pe61/y5ih_ceywJ
Enjoy.

It was confirmed GF would take the lazy route when they specifically said those remakes would be "true to the original Ruby and Sapphire". It was just a way of sugarcoating the fact they removed a good chunk of the features from Emerald, because RS were bland and boring by themselves.

The only thing to look forward to after you're done in ORAS was that space battle, and only after you complete that flying back and forth for an hour side-quest.

You know that was Persona's fault too right?
The real SMT 4 is Strange Journey

They screwed normal type by doing that.

Emerald was leagues better than Ruby and Sapphire and Gamefreak has the balls to tease the Battle Frontier in-game and then never show it. ORAS cartainly isn't the worst game in the series but it's definitely the most lackluster remake.

Normal types get STAB Return. Other types can sometimes only hope to get a reliable STAB move with more than 80 BP

we need more special normal attacks

I'm two generations behind on Pokemon. If I jumped into Gen 5 should I do BW1 or skip it to BW2?

just do BW2
get a cheat code to unlock hard mode
because hard mode normally requires you to connect to an already beaten Black 2. its retarded, i know.

If you care about the story, BW1 then BW2.

If you just want to play a good game and become familiar with the generation, BW2 with challenge mode unlocked.

Play Blaze Black 2 or Volt White 2.

Which Pokemon would you hug?

Emerald, Platinum, and Black 2 are the only truly good Pokemon games. Black 1 could probably squeeze into this selection, if for nothing else than story purposes coinciding with Black 2

If Platinum had Emerald's Battle Frontier, it would be the objectively best game.

That pokemon that GF probably aint gonna touch ever again
should have gotten an evo like electabuzz and magmar

I'll give you tri attack, but..

XY didn't use sprites
They were. Tweening segments of a static sprite isn't actual animation, especially if rotating those segments ends up stretching pixels.

Nope, you're wrong, sorry.

Technically XY used sprites for the stat screen. I prefer BW lively sprites to XY's dull 3d animations in spite of the stretching of the former.

Nigga, did you forget about Cynthia?
Though the rest of your complaints are spot on. HG and SS are the only reasons to even bother with Gen 4.

I can agree to the idea that the animations in XY/ORAS were poorly made especially compared to how Hal Lab/Genius Sonority did with the 3D console games, especially Battle Revolution with its very dynamic camera angles, good animations, and actually showing physical contact attacks hitting targets. They really should have had Genius Sonority come in and help with the Gen 6 (and I guess 7 seeing how all battle footage shows it's just a modified Gen 6 engine) animations and how they're handled in battle.

55 images on Pixiv, and that includes masterworks like these.

Messing around with 3ds piracy, haven't played a pokemon since gen 4. X or Y?

Pokemon stopped being relevant after Pokemon Yellow, get over it faggots.

And up is down, black is white, water is dry, and the sky is falling.

Todd-Sama I believe everything you said, your glorious trips confirm it!

Generation 4 was a mistake, OP.

GameFreak knew this and pretended that the Gen 4 mechanics didn't exist AFTER they made the Sinnoh region games.

Those criticisms are largely true; but, we did get

Okay, so I think we can all come to the conclusion that XY and DP were the worst games and ORAS was the worst remake and that BW/B2W2 were the best games with Emerald/Platinum/HGSS being the best remakes

I still want Arceus to sit on me, damnit

It's a shame truly. The models are very high quality but their animations are so dull. They look fantastic in the 3DS citrus emulator. Unlike 2D they can always change the animations without redoing them at least but this is gamefreak we're talking about.

In game, it looks particularly bad with the pokemon constantly in flight. Some of them just float there without moving their wings at all.

It's a shame that none of this is going to be remedied in SuMo, judging by the trailers. The game looks like a mess.

Fuck you, D/P/Pt had the best battle system. It was just when pokemon got their physical/special damage split and the metagame was fucking amazing (save for garchomp faggotry)

the move that fucked over entire types

Who gives a fuck?

It almosts sounds like you want to tell the whole story of that dream. Go on.

They redid the animation for Tri Attack so maybe they're gonna step their game up But then again, Salamance and fish still awkwardly float in the air

I don't think anybody disputes that diamond and pearl were bad.

It's platinum that everybody says is really good because it is

that is the single biggest flaw of D/P and your complaints are valid
except it's just more content and i'm pretty sure just about every event pokemon had at least one event that was completely free and at the very most required leaving your house
107 new Pokemon of which 78 were totally original. Compare to Gen 2, which added 100 Pokemon of which 86 were totally original.
There were plenty of available Pokemon, and all those extras just mean more postgame content. Speaking of which, gen 4 had a FUCKTON of postgame content.
valid
valid, but i don't remember it being particularly difficult. it was just a minigame.
get something with arena trap or shadow tag or mean look or a partial trapping move. have a status move as well. if you specialize to catch roamers they're not that hard. find them by running rapidly between two routes until the dex says it's on your route
no difference from previous gens in how they worked aside from there were almost twice as many and the numbers changed
not a valid criticism of the games themselves; that's a decision nintendo made years after their release
why are you playing with randoms anyway?
every game has had frustrating bits
so what?
it got cancerous because of its movie, not the games. invalid criticism.
git gud
how? it's a pretty basic pokeball
aside from the fact that pokemon contests have always been retarded, i guess that's valid
why do you care about the story in a pokemon game?

Not to mention a host of well designed new Pokemon and evolutions, the physical/special split and with it a ton of new moves (113, the most of all the games not counting gen 1), an awesome region, a fuckton of postgame content, and arguably the single best competitive metagame in the series history.

Besides, they added Giga Impact, which is literally a physical clone of Hyper Beam that is learned by all the same Pokemon.
Return and Frustration. Also, Strength is identical to a physical Tri Attack except for the status chance.

The resort area is owned by russia. you could take cynthia AK47 shooting.

Cynthia

Gen III removed more features than it added. Gen IV added a bunch of them back. It wasn't perfect, mostly due to the pokedex being nearly as bad as Gen III, but at least it isn't Gen III. Gen V has a better Pokedex, but lacks in postgame content and is generally a much shorter game. Gen IV has tons of content.

Gen I was the first one, then II built upon it. III then ruined it and removed so many features from previous games that you had to re-buy two relatively recent games that you definitely already owned (since they were among the best selling games of all time). IV fixed all the shit Gen III ruined and gave us a lot of its own content in a game that was finally a proper sequel.

You never even played a gen V game did you?

Normalfag please kill yourself

Just for you, OP.

I know this is cherrypicking, however, I would like to refute at least some of OP's arguments, if you call it that.

The only pokemon that will give you porn on a GIS just as fast is Gardevoir. Not even Zoroark, the other furfag-bait pokemon, gets you porn as quickly.

Also, your refutations suck. Try presenting your arguments in a clear, organized fashion instead of sarcastic blurbs and reaction images.

I was just bothered by them effectively introducing fucking God as a catchable pokemon. I know legendaries are uber but goodness I think a pokemon on the level of God was a bit too much. It triggers my power levels autism.

See now there's your problem.
If it makes you feel better there's a fan theory that Arceus in the form is just an avatar of the almighty god made incarnating as a pokemon not the true being.

kek

Only Sinnoh even has any kind of religion. Arceus is just a regular pokemon with a goofy legend.

It doesn't even have the highest stats now that Mewtwo and Zygarde got powerups.

why is purseowner 4 babbies first SMT when its not part of the SMT series? specially when you cant have more than one demon fighting for you on the field like in most SMT titles?

Despite that, it's still easily the strongest Legendary Pokemon in the Ubers metagame because it's so hard to shut down and easy to set up, There's nothing that can hard check an Arceus while Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Groudon and Kyogre have hard checks.

*tips pokefedora*

BW1, it has only new pokemon until after the elite 4, it's like playing pokemon for the first time again. Don't fucking ruin it.

Not enough water trumpet adventure you mean.

YOU ARE GOING TO FIGHT A MILLION TENTACOOL ON THE WAY TO THE NEXT AREA AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT.

i want to pound iris in the pussy

There's no such thing as a good Pokémon game.
It's mechinally very similar to many other games and it led to a generation of furfags and autistic fanart.

I want to facefuck arceus' boypussy

Black & White looks like it will have a bunch of stuff to do later since when you beat the Elite Four you're only halfway around the map. Then you find the whole eastern half of the map is a barren wasteland with nothing to do. It doesn't have nearly as much content as Gens II or IV. Black & White 2 might have done better, but honestly I couldn't bring myself to finish them, since, though they were different, they weren't different enough to make me want to go through so much of the same shit again.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza were already pretty high level gods. I mean you can argue the ones from Gen I and II aren't gods, but Gen III started the power creep. Might as well go full retard with it. Pokemon that create planets are already effectively gods. Might as well just have one that created the universe. Also, you can't actually catch Arceus in Gen IV, or even Gen V, IIRC. They never even gave out the item that would let you trigger the event to catch it. You had to be given one directly.

That's just christfags getting triggered. You know it's stupid. More stupid than even the actual story.

We see Arceus create pokemon who create space, time, antimatter, emotion, knowledge, and spirit. We don't see it directly, but there's no reason to think it didn't also create all the other pokemon, like we're told. All the other pokemon, including the ones who create the ground, water, and sky. Or the one that is the ancestor of all other Pokemon. All other Pokemon except Arceus, I suppose. That's the one bit I can't work my head around. But I'm sure there are BS fan theories to explain it.