Fun

Fuck your perfect game, fuck your perfect story, fuck you perfect gameplay. But how can you fuck it if it doesn't exist?

Give me bottom of the barrel shit where you surprisingly had fun.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?pv31k1923h59ozi
dongwiener.newgrounds.com/favorites/games
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dust was alright, I guess. The combos were satisfying.

Fallout 4

I can't tell if you're shitting me or not user, I haven't played it.

just pirate it and install lewd mods

I can't. I only have a shit laptop.

The second best game $1 game I've played.

Speaking of 1€/$ games.
For some reason whenever I try to reinstall it the menu is absolutely fucked.

Getting dubs is fun

Such an underrated subject. We should have more of these.

I tried making a thread about this game earlier, but it got hobbled by tech support issues before I said "fuck it, just run it in a WinXP vm." If you're smart enough to do that, you'll have hours of fun.
mediafire.com/?pv31k1923h59ozi

Flash games:
dongwiener.newgrounds.com/favorites/games
This is just my list of shit flash games, made by sorting entries by lowest score first and checking out the under judgment section. These are the ones I liked for whatever reason.

Bethesda games

I wonder why some fun shit games get a pass on Holla Forums, and some don't.
I mean dragon's dogma and skyrim are just so marginally different, they're both pseudo-open world monster whackers, not unlike diablo, but one is praised to high heaven and another is instantly saged and shit flinged on.

maybe because Arena is way better

I skipped oblivion but conceptual difference between Skyrim and older TES games is that hit detection is hitbox based, instead of stat-rolls.
So you can't really compare previous games, that are full-fledged RPG with Skyrim which is ARPG. Simplified stats and dialogues notwithstanding.

The difference is that DD has a couple redeeming qualities while shitrim does not.

DD has very good combat, cool [technology], and extremely good character customization. It also doesn't have insultingly bad writing or shit level design, though it has a severe lack of content since so much was cut.

It just doesn't have any writing.
Also skyrim has redeeming qualities
As well as just as good character creator.

Dragons Dogma is fun to play.
Sorry, but Bethesda faggots have been playing the same fucking game for years now with different cans of paint.
Skyrim just isn't interesting as a videogame, its mechanically fucking boring as fuck.
The core never changes, and is hasn't essentially since Oblivion.

only with mods, Bethesda cannot into shaders, animation, or textures. Solid art direction though.
agreed
While that's true I can't praise a game just because it can be modded
confirmed for not having played DD

Tell me how you can make your Skyrim dude short, tall, fat, toned, masculine/feminine, imposing/meek, or have a face that doesn't look like the same face as every other NPC of your race stretched around a bit.

Oh also the ability to make characters that look 11-80 rather than 25-80 years old.

Because Dragon's Dogma has fantastic gameplay and Skyrim doesn't.

Oh right, half the crowd fanboying DD are pedos who can make underage girl in an action game. I wonder how much was your part in game never getting recognition it deserved.
You guys should kill yourselves tbh.

user, tell me where Capcom touched you

It's ok, this is a safe space

As a 4x game Fallen Enchantress was totally shot through with shitty design. But for some reason it keeps me coming back. I guess I like the exploration-RPG aspects enough to be hooked.

Not enough to pay for the sequel though, I hear it's even worse.

It needed about twice the content and half the cringe, then it'd have been really good. Leagues above most indie shit though, I'll give it that.

There are brief glimpses of a fun game somewhere in there, I think if Bethesda hadn't skimped out on the actual roleplaying aspects it could've been a notable improvement over Fallout 3.

Debatable, DD has some fucking top notch tracks that'll rock your fucking face off. Dark Arisen's theme is especially good, both Nip and English versions.

Only if you mod it. Skyrim's desaturated all to fuck, has bad textures, fucking terrible shadows and lighting, and animation that's rough to look at, if I'm being generous.

Just because thousands of dedicated fans can fix a game for the dev team, it does not make the base game any better. DD, unlike Skyrim, does not need the player to go out of their way to download thousands of mods to make the game enjoyable.

The only thing TES really has at this point is it's art direction And the guy who was behind all that at Bethesda fucking kicked the bucket a couple years after it came out, so that's essentially gone. and it's lore. And Dragon's Dogma actually has some pretty neat fucking lore hidden in the game if you dig for it.

Also the writing is just way fucking better, even with there being less of it, I can at least remember some characters and that twist at the end is fucking awesome.

Sequel never ever.

My pawn was like in her mid twenties. Sorry that the game has character creation user, you can go back to playing Skyrim and Fallout 4 if you want, nobody here has to know you've got shit taste.

The moon

tfw

Well the good news is that the PC port was Crapcom's fastest selling PC game despite being so late with zero marketing, so there is yet hope

All the characters look hideous.

I'll admit that the PC port was nice, but I don't trust Capcom to do anything right. They already kind of fucked the franchise by shitting out an MMO with the name, so it's now got two underwhelming releases under the name.

Still, might happen one of these days. I just want more devs to make open world RPGs like that, Bethesda has the monopoly, and I think people only play their games because there's nothing else quite like it.

The worst part is that there are a ton of devs trying to claim the "skyrim audience" while completely missing the one thing that Bethesda games sortof do right: no goals.

In all these open world ubisoft style meme game collectathons you play as a defined character with a specific personality and playstyle, you progress through "the main quest" with the occasional one-off side quest, and there is nothing else to the game. The reason why anyone plays Skyrim despite it being legitimately terrible in so many departments is because you can make whatever kind of dude you want and go join whatever faction you want while completely ignoring the main quest or whatever. You can just run around and pick flowers and butterflies to level up your alchemy skill and the game goes on. Of course Bethesda has proven that even they don't know why people play their games given how each iteration has less joinable factions, less skills, and a more defined character (fucking why did they think a voiced protag would be anything but completely retarded).

The only real competitors I can think of are a couple spess games, Mountain Blade, and I guess dorf adventure mode. Obviously all of those are quite different so you can see why people would still play Bethesda games over those I like exploring a fantasy/sci-fi world on foot in first person a lot and I can't get that from those better games.

Also, every single post-MW Bethesda game without fail gets a very popular "immersive UI" mod and then a bunch of things that try to compensate for the fact that the game was made with retarded quest markers and fast travel in mind. Yet somehow, Bethesda has yet to receive the message that people want actual immuhrsive exploration of their handcrafted big ass 3D world, not staring at the glowy thing and pressing W for 20 minutes until you get to the shitty linear dungeon.

That fucking reminds me so much of Downhill Domination so much.

If you mash the light attack button, that's your malfunction friend.

I don't get this. I just killed the gazer after sitting there mashing tenfold flurry whenever I had stam which took forever at level 50 while it pretty much did nothing but hover and try to wait out my boredom by not setting up the cannon. While this was going on, my utilitarian pawn was mostly refusing to buff me with fire affinity despite just standing around idle and ignoring my help spam, and my rent-a-pawns were doing little other than occasionally suicide due to ignoring come spam.
The gameplay has been pretty awful up to this point and I really don't understand why Holla Forums thinks otherwise. It's better than Skyrim but that doesn't say much.

If you aren't actually making use of skills then you are severely limiting your damage output.

You can put DMC4 on easy and just button mash your way through the game too, does that mean DMC4 has shit gameplay too?

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with your post. Despite most devs throwing their hats into this open world pool, nobody has successfully emulated Bethesda's 'do anything, total freedom' life simulator/RPG mix. That's why people play those games, they're shit, but it's the feeling that drives people to love them so much.

Like you said though, not even Bethesda understands that. They tried to do a linear story-driven game with a voiced protagonist who has a fixed personality and a time-sensitive goal Mostly because that's what everyone else was doing and Bethesda has literally zero actual creative drive. But the shitty spic they have writing their games for them can't write a coherent narrative for shit.

Pretty much the only one that even tries, but it's focus is still very different.

That's why Beth games do as well as they do, there are literally no other options.

Todd and gang are obviously very hesitant to admit fault for nearly any of their design decisions. Pretty much all of Fallout 4 is an attempt at flipping the middle finger to New Vegas, which was essentially a display that even a developer as incompetent as Obsidian can make a better game than them.

Bethesda's fine with lifting ideas and design, or outright stealing content from mods, but something as simple as a UI fix? That would be admitting fault and Toddy can't have that.

I liked Dust, until I played Odin Sphere and Muramasa and realized how much of a cheap plagiarism of the Vanillaware games it is.

Embarassing.

The difference between Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, is that the first is a drag you play in a stupor due to social pressure, while the latter is all about gameplay with unique classes without any social reinforcing.

Except you know combat in Dust is much better than in either of those.
Art not so much.

Only retards play shit games for lewd mods tbh.

Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. It seems I like cheap jump scares.

The guy playing this here is rather good. The only thing I dislike is that he doesn't use stakes as torches.

years ago i watched my mother, who is a senior citizen, button mash her way through the entire first level and boss. combat in dust is fucking shit and nothing you say will change that, deal with it.

Aren't first levels typically the easiest level?

I don't get why that'd be a selling point in the first place. If DD can actually make a good looking loli, I've never seen one. Despite being a Japanese game, its characters pretty much all have that western RPG ugly potato feel.

I could have been happy with just twice the content, though yeah, the character art was really bad. I don't even care that it's furry, it's just a really bad furry style. And it clashed with the tone of the story it was trying to tell as well.

But as for content, I don't just mean more map space, but also more enemy variety. You're basically fighting the same three enemies for the majority of the game. And it needed more power-ups that generally improved your abilities, as opposed to now being able to climb very specific walls. So many attempts at Metroidvania-style games screw that part up. When Alucard got new abilities, it was usually stuff like turning into a bat or a cloud of mist that may have only opened up a few very specific points, but still worked everywhere.

Also, why even have a combo system when the enemy groups are all blatantly spaced apart just slightly further than you can get before your horribly low combo timer runs out? It's super easy to kill a standard group with an unbroken combo, but then near-impossible to keep that combo going to the next group.

Also, it's admittedly a small complaint, and something even Castlevania games do wrong, but - when you have accessories that increase drop rates, money drops, and/or leveling rates especially, why even have any other accessories at all?

I disagree.

Yeah, but seriously, the combat in Dust doesn't change much as you go. The enemies get stronger in terms of stats, and if you're underleveled, then sure, later levels get way harder. Mostly in that you just have to hit things so many times and can't take many hits, evading attacks, as usual, doesn't really change much as you level, and later higher level versions of enemies don't have faster attack animations or whatever. Some levels introduce special enemies that change things up a little, but they're always the minority among cannon fodder that never really changes much aside from stats.

What is it?