What are the politics of creating and using your electricity for your own end goal?

I've been researching ASIC mining hardware the past few weeks and from what I can take, they use a lot of power or electricity to function or to mine Bitcoin.
I guess mechanically speaking, would it be possible to ditch AEP/the grid/whatever company you connect your toaster to, and create your own electricity, store it, convert it into a/c, and wirelessly transmit the electricity via pancake coils? From there, someone could have their own remote "mineshaft" so to speak. Is this possible?

Would some Federal agency get butt hurt just because I didn't want to pay a long term electrical bill? Or would they try to come down on a project like this because it only benefits one guy and not the public?

This is what I've come up with so far in terms of how much space I'll probably end up using:
I need to rent a section of a warehouse that's right around 12,000 sq ft for the amount of equipment I want to house. Then gotta set up wind turbines to power the Tesla Coil. I figured about a dozen of these would work since each Antminer S9 uses 1375W +7% at the wall.
Where I'm getting stuck is at the point which I need to figure out how to keep everything at a cool, safe operating temperature and making sure the pancake coils don't melt my surfaces.

Also indoor humidity might be a factor too so the other problem I see is making sure everything stays dry to prevent any shorts in the equipment. A facility with HVAC systems would be nice lol but you don't find too many of those out in the country. There's way too many variables trying to account for if you'd try to build this in a city. (Fire risk if stuff gets too hot, high property taxes, there's higher crime rates in cities than in the country so I'd might have to hire a security guy or two, ect, ect, ect) That's what I meant about this being a remote bitcoin mineshaft lol.

Then once I've mined or gathered to my goal, I would shut it all down, sell the equipment, get a return on the investment, and move on to the next thing that piques my interest lol.

I'm just trying to eliminate as many variables as possible rn lol

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/pol/res/10633503.html#10633539
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In my country you are free to produce your own electricity and if you send it out on the power grid you get payed for it. There is something like a common power market but I have no idea how it works.

If you own a small stream running down a mountain, you can actually make a living from it. Lots of people have solar panels on their rooftops. They basically sell electricity during the summer, and buy it back during the winter. Pretty neat.

Yeah I'm in the heartland of America, in the middle of a big city but I want a quiet spot out in the country where I create a set up like this. The only technical bill I can see that I would be paying would be the internet bill with the fiber optic cable I would need for an operation like this. Quite literally everything else would be built by hand or bought upfront. Ik the upfront cost and I'm comfortable with it lol.

But like I don't want to sell off what I have in reserves, just keep it for future projects lol

I'm also wondering about how to safeguard the Tesla coils while maintaining structural integrity.

Stop namefagging, and use a goddamn spreadsheet to calculate ROI yourself.

I doubt you'd need fiber, there is not too much bandwidth consumed in the process of mining, especially if you did it all yourself instead of joining a pool. Satellite or LTE might suffice.

Either I am very confused, or you are.

Renewable energy sources are only a better investment than using the grid over a number of years, generally approaching a decade. If this project of yours is only going to last a couple of years, there is no way that solar or wind makes any sense in a normal climate.

Why are you trying to use tesla coils to wirelessly transmit power? Induction isn't magic, there are losses, and at long distances these losses are very significant and prone to interference.

Tesla's experiments with wireless transmission of electriciy were in a barren field, lighting up bulbs that could withstand large voltage fluctuations. It sounds almost like you want to create a renewable energy factory 50 miles outside of your city and send this power back to you. This goal is foolhearty if you expect to gather usable energy at a profit. Also, the FCC I believe does regulate EM radiation at the frequencies you would most likely be using to transmit your power at such distances

You'd be better off making this renewable energy factory, and using it's power on-site to create brown's gas via water hydrolysis and sell it to hobbyists and welders for money you can use to pay your electric bill. Or just save yourself the hassel and forget about the renewable energy factory, and just work an extra few hours a week or mow yards or something.

The guy thinks he'll make a living off pump n' dumping each hot new crypto, but do it cheap by living off the grid. I doubt he's opened a spreadsheet in his life, much less calculated ROI spreads or written a business plan.

As far as the politics of it, yes it's a good idea to live off the grid if you can afford the initial investment, but there's a reason most off-grid people are either poor as fuck or already wealthy mid-high income people who live off saved wealth or residuals.

I see where I tripped you up, my bad. I'm not trying to route the new energy to my place of residence. Fuuuucccckkkkk that lol. What I'm trying to convey is the energy that has been created is just going to power the lights and the equipment in said warehouse. So really the only equipment I'd have outside the facility would be the wind turbines, solar panels, ect. Everything else would be inside the warehouse.

Not looking for a career in this lol, just burning time

I'm not looking to live off the grid, just this project

*Just keeping this project off the grid lol my b

Lol and who are you supposed to be, Jamie Dimon?

If you are utilizing the power on site, I would highly recommend you just connect your solar panels and wind turbines to the specialized control circuits and transformers with wires like a normal person.

Your numbers are way off if you think it is cheaper to try to transmit and control your energy wirelessly. If you generate 20 Amps at 600 volts (commercial applications should be able to utilize simple cheap 14 AWG romex wire to accomplish this) you are generating 12kVA or 12,000 watts basically. If you were to run standard 120v computers on this circuit after transforming it down, you would have a 100 amp circuit.

I have no idea what type of power consumption and specialized stuff you need to accomplish your goals, but a lot of houses have a 100amp main breaker. 100 amps is a shit ton of computing power. And this is just using dirt cheap 14 AWG romex. You could use some aluminum stranded 60 amp service wire, which is also rated for 600v to give you a 300 amp service after transforming it down. Aluminum 60 amp service wire (I forget the AWG, 6 or 8 I think) isn't all that expensive either and is common for sheds and garages and stuff. People run hundreds of feet of it all the time.

This isn't 100% accurate. To comply with codes there will be other issues. Especially if you are mostly running electronics, you will need to up the size of your neutral most likely. And correct your power factors.

I guess what I am trying to convey is that standard electrical wire you buy at a hardware store is usually rated for 600v. If you generate at 600v, you can utilize this cheap wire and transform it to 120v at your service. This will be way cheaper than designing a bunch of tesla coils and trying to maintain a constant usable voltage at a distance.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
Enjoy you 0.01% efficiency.

Thanks dude, yeah lol that makes much more sense, I just did the math on my break at work and I felt something was off lol. Also, I'm not a big fan of all that wiring because like crackheads and junkies strip houses all the time, so would there be a way to electrify the outside of the building to secure it against intruders? Trying to see if there's a way to not only power my equipment but also provide security at the same time.

You sure this isn't a typo? That is huge.

In some areas you are legally required to be connected to the electrical grid. This is mostly in cities. I don't know your local laws but if you're in a rural area you can probably go off grid pretty easily.

Federal government is not involved in local electrical utility regulation. It is cities or municipalities that want you to be connected to the grid in case emergency services on your property ever need it.

Even still, there are no laws stopping you from generating and using your own power. You can just stay connected to the grid but run your equipment on "your" grid so to speak.

Wireless transmission is stupid. It's less efficient and uses more expensive equipment and gets worse and worse the larger the distances are. Just run a cable from your power source to your computers.

Trying to sell your equipment after reaching some arbitrary goal is stupid. If it's making money and paid off just keep it, you'll never get what it's worth and it makes you sound like a scammer. Tbh you sound too stupid and inexperienced for what you want to do, 12,000 square feet filled with computers and your own electrical generation is a huge $$$$$ project.

Sage because this doesn't belong on Holla Forums, go to Holla Forums, /biz/, or /diy/. And put all your replies in one post dummy.

Lol *1,200 yeah typo

You're never going to get create electricity cheaper off the grid than on.

So the off the grid part is counterproductive.

Apparently in leaf land you are not allowed to produce your own energy, and if you have solar panels you have to first sell the power to the power company, and then buy it back for more.

That is what I've heard, don't know how accurate that is.

Don't worry about it

Are you mentally retarded?
Oh wait, looking at your "project" already answers that question.

That sounds like the way communist regimes have the weird situation of starving farmers.
Every last bit of their crops must go to the state under pain of death, then the farmers must beg the state for some of the food back so they can stay alive.

Hurricane Irma survivors were forbidden to flip on their power switches if they had solar panels while the power poles were downed.

Back 2 reddit

It's all good lol I got what I came for, thanks guys

But how long before the cost of installing all that solar crap is paid back by it producing power? Considering the thousands it costs to build a decent solar array, I'm guessing a decade.

Also, in my state, I have the option to choose my power company. Some are almost 100% wind / solar. The increase in my rates if I chose the wind/ solar option would be somewhere in the range of $500 a month.

Well I split my costs up a lil differently than most but the cost of that was covered by the profits of a past project

8ch.net/pol/res/10633503.html#10633539

Mostly because they didn't want further damage to the power grid.
Most domestic solar setups aren't rigged to power a house on their own and don't have a way to dump excess power.

That sort of infrastructure only exists at grid level in most areas.
If its damaged in sections then turning on your own power could end up fucking up all the houses on the street.

This isn't a residential project though, I thought I made that clear lol. I did something similar to that while I was in my first year of college but that was like 6-7 years ago.

Reading some of this shit gives me a headache.

Lol
lol
LOL
LoL
lOl
lol

Grid-tie inverters shut down when the voltage or frequency is out of spec, it's not to prevent damage but to keep linemen alive.
If your system provides backup power it is isolated from the grid before the backup kicks in.

That sounds like UBI.

UBI in theory is more taking food from the one farmer to stop him enslaving everyone else or leaving them to starve.

This thread. If ever a thread deserved deletion.

If you want to pull energy out of the vacuum, spend a few years studying the works of Thomas Henry Moray.
Otherwise, fuck off and stop posting shit 'because you're bored and wanted to talk about something'. Fucking hell.

You sound bitter. Did you waste your life on drugs?

Kek, quite the contrary.
Just sick of shitty 'theoretically I could do this but I won't because I wouldn't ask here if I was aka what does Holla Forums think' threads, basically slide threads, shitting the board up.

Enjoy having to abandon those $400+ dedicated rigs in a few months when they come out with some other (((convenient technological discovery))) that totally shitcoin mines 6000000 times better.

hydro is the only one that seems practical to me. even the small scale setups seem to pack a lot of punch compared to more passive arrangements, like solar.

I'm pulling something right now, user, but it has more to do with that picture.

Choking the chicken.. tsk tsk ^__~

So we should concern ourselves with nuclear fear mongering and vanity inside the NFL? Why think so small?

Good god you faggot.
LURK MOAR

Kek I've begun efforts for research here which are far beyond that. This is a shit thread and needs to die.

Nice try, no pussy faggot.

Shill

Generally speaking you can produce your own electricity without too much trouble from the government, the catch is you can't spread the love around or else you're going to get suicided really fucking quickly. Any attempt to convince other people to become independent from the government gets cracked down on hard.

Air is a shitty medium, there is a reason it is not used. You need to take an electronics course before you wander off into more harebrained get-rich-quick schemes.

It's like you fags want the Jew to win.

Bump because of Anchor.