The one thing wrong with Deus Ex

What mods make it so I can pry these fuckers off with my crowbar with a high enough electronics+demolition skill? Hell, I'll accept if it's roll base

also deus ex thread

just use an EMP grenade you fucking tool

I should have mentioned this, what if you have none? The game has two options for memebeams: EMP, which is the poor lazy nigger's hack, or hacking

I mean come on man

also, anyone who has played MGS should know that smoke disrupts said beams, so get a fire extinguisher already

also I'm fairly sure you can blow the emitters up with explosives

in addition you could also try stacking boxes to just jump over the tripwires

TROLL'D

Crates block beams

fuck, I forgot how it worked exactly, just create a cloud with pepper spray or a fire extinguisher around the laser beams and you should be able to pass through

What? How would that make sense?

It's not rape if you enjoy it user

What do you think of the GMDX mod Holla Forums?

t-thanks

it just works

It feels great to play DX with less retarded AI

WHAT THE FUCK
Metal crates always triggered them for me, are wooden supply crates somehow different? Or is this just a mod at work?

Wow, a person on Holla Forums who's bad at video games, what a surprise.

great, that's what I get for playing HR before deus ex. I never even tried that

unless… actually I think crates worked in HR the same way and DIDN'T trigger any alarms so what I said doesn't even make any sense.. damn I'm retarded

Crates can't melt beams.

what did you mean by this?

where? is there a panel on the wall?

Perks are awesome.
Also good thing that dragon's tooth isn't the "lol who needs lockpick anyway :D" thing any more, unless you specced heavily into melee.

Augmentation radar transperancy
Stacking boxes on top of each other and jumping over tripwires.
I mean, come on, video games.

You could have just blown the bot up with your grenade and walked through unscatched retard.

it's not fucking star wars nerd

I know that you are fresh from Reddit after hearing what the cool kids on Holla Forums like, but if you want me to take you even halfway seriously, then stop using this fucking expression.

Just shut up already.

Trying to pry them off would obviously trip the alarm, in which case you may as well run through them like the troglodyte you're role-playing as would really do.

Also this.

Or you can just stick with the GEP gun or something and blow them the fuck up up.

No

beams sense heat

usually when those things pop up there are a few creates to pile up so you can jump over them, or some other way to avoid them

Well at least the faggot op is playing with GMDX so that's a plus.

I was talking about the lasers.

But honestly, I've never ran out of rockets, and I blow up lasers and doors constantly.

Having said that, since I'm playing GMDX now too so I know for a fact that in the smuggler area are 2 fucking metal creates that you can use to jump over the beams, both ways.
Video fucking games 101. You probably like dark souls op, disgusting.

GMDX has way less resources, so blowing up everything will leave you dry.

see

Why would you say this, OP?

Anything works. The lasers only trigger the alarm when an object enters the beam, so you just have to sit in a corner until the alarm runs out.

You forgot one, you can use the metalcrates as a platform to jump over them. With Deus Ex you need to examine what your options are, when you can think of something the game probably allows it.

I know what op's problem was, interactable things aren't coated in piss filter.

That's what I did the first time, and always do.

There's three small metal crates in the right part of the car park of Smuggler's, just smack two of them on top of each other and jump over, then rinse and repeat to get out.

Of course you could just block them by triggering the bot once and leaving it as is, but I think that's cheating.

People actually had trouble with those? I was 4 when this game came out and even I didn't have trouble with those lasers. Just block it with the crate, that's what they're there for.

It's a shame you don't get the kind of design you had in DX these days. HR wouldn't even let you pick up and use the fucking fire extinguishers (the best fucking weapon in the game)

Find objects from the area and then just stack those to make stairs, there isn't really any situation where you can't find something to stack, breaking every single box you see isn't really an excuse.

In MGS smoke simply reveals beams, it doesn't actually disrupt them. It is how you can see laser beams in real life despite not shooting them directly into your eye, the beam simply interacts with dust in the air but it isn't stopped.

As far as I know, fire extinguishers in HR were useful for clipping through walls to get past areas.

We're talking about good game here.

He used MGS as an example, fam.

Exactly.

You can temporarily disable some of them with pepper spray but it's annoyingly inconsistent. Cigarette smoke might also work, I've never tested.

EMP, Explosives, Hacking, and Thermoptic Camo. You can also just stack items to go through a space if it's doable just try not to nudge it too much.

Blue beams in DX are activated only if a human crosses them. Other colours are activated by being broken. At least I think that's how it works from a quick google.

I swear to god OP if you're playing revision I will gut you lad. Or if you're even modding on your first playthrough I will gut you even harder. Fuck revision.

Meme'd.

You can place bodies belonging to the enemy in the beams as well and it wont trigger them. Usually.

Theres also almost always an electrical panel so idk what you're having trouble with…or just find a vent. There isnt a single beam that cannot be flat out bypassed with ease in the entire game.

There's a multitool in the tollbooth in the car park at Smugglers, its literally on the counter next to the electrical panel.

The game practically vomits tools and picks at you. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get into anywhere and everywhere and not have a ton of stuff to spare.

Other than the ugly graphics?

Yeah, that was an engine limitation, IIRC. Human Revolution let you switch them off with a KOed mook, then block them.

Also, you can block them with crates if you don't mind setting them off. But you can then just wander through willy-nilly.

not in GMDX though

This.
There is very little reason to go above trained for lockpick and multitool since explosives and Dragon's Tooth can solve most issues. I have yet to see a reason for anyone to go master for either of those.

grab one of those tnt crates, put right next the emitters then shoot it

Kids today are literally too dumb for deus ex. This thread has convinced me of that. I've lost all faith in humanity now.

You can easily get into Smuggler's just by stacking some boxes and maybe a trash can.

This

Tell us op, how did you become so bad at video james?

epic comic bro! here, this is for you!

hhahaha dude nice one bro at least seven layers of irony bro hahah

You ever took a shit so slimy and nasty that is just drips from your asshole onto your balls?

Anyway, why is the daughter of the hotel owner in NY such an ungrateful bitch, holy shit.

Only some of them. Some of them get set off.
The pepper spray works great for the ones that do get disrupted though.

Lost my shit for some reason.

Or just use cheats to skip to the end of the game.

Cut UNATCO path

Pretty sure you can do the same thing with the fire extinguisher. Deus Ex has so many little things like that it's just amazing.

Ya blew it

Just drop a box in front of emitters and then crouch next to it to bypass them.

hah no

I'm REALLY curious how the story was supposed to progress if you still worked for UNATCO when bob page is still doing his "take over the internet" shit

Now don't tell me you don't play games like DX like every other game, and always hoard shit for when you might REALLY need them and end up with 20 multitools, 20 lockpicks etc. at the end.

Almost every single beam has metal crates around them

You'd probably have the option to save or kill/hand over Paul to UNATCO, as you are sent to Hong Kong in order to find and kill Tracer Tong. What most likely would follow is mopping up NSF troops in Paris, doing some other side missions (white house? moon level?).

I'd like to think that Paul gets freed from the prison by Daedalus because Daedalus classified you as a terrorist, as Paul takes over YOUR position in the original story as infiltrator. Perhaps the dockyard is overrun by Illuminati and NSF troops. It'd probably end with a boss fight against Paul.

But Paul would never get out of NYC alive without your help, and thus would not be able to get to Hong Kong and remove the killswitch.

Well, that theory hinges on the idea whether Paul's killswitch is disabled when he was thrown in jail, which unfortunately isn't the case.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Why not? All he has to do is get to the helipad.

He couldn't make the climb through the window to the helipad. He could take out an entire UNATCO squad by himself even while weakened by the killswitch as long as you were hiding in the closet, so yeah.

Better yet, stack one on another.

To be fair, the UNATCO squad came for JC, since that is who they address when telling them both to surrender, meaning that Paul could have gotten away undetected if JC hadn't led the troops to him. There is plenty of reason to believe they didn't know where Paul was since he was simply waiting there the entire time up to that point.

she grew up in the most degenerate environment, what did you expect?

She grew up in NY, not Detroit/Baltimore.

Where do you people come from and why won't you stay there?

I mean he could escape unatco hq just fine.

It's not hard, just be creative.

Why is there a way around them at all? Any defense beam worth a damn sets off an alarm not only when it's tripped, but also when it's turned off.

To be fair, laser systems in general are a pretty shit idea to detect for motion. You could easily just set up a pyroelectric motion sensor or two positioned in a hole in the wall to prevent tampering without detection and ensure there are no false positives from guards patrolling nearby but not in the detection area.

Any type of explosives destroys them. Also some can be bypassed by spraying a gaslike substance in front of them like a fire extinguisher or a pepper spray. If you want that method to work on all of them install Shifter or GMDX.

That's pretty great

GIT
GOOD

Jesus christ, even in Human Revolution you had scenarios like this one that you'd have to think about to get through. Hopefully even in Mankind Divided that's true.
Even fucking Invisible War. GET GOOD
LEARN HOW TO PLAY GAMES

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Who gives a fuck? That's your fault for playing some retarded mod without playing vanilla enough to learn properly.

deus ex's new york is not that different anymore from detroit

Overrated piece of shit meme game that nobody heard about until Holla Forums hyped it up

Perfect Dark ripoff

Does it matter? All you have to do is to wait out the duration of the alarm in some secluded place.

TBH that should change too. They should have stayed more alert even when going back to their patrol routes, called in more guys etc.

Probably just track down Paul's contacts in Hong Kong, finish them off and "save the day". Maybe you'd go to the labs and take down Savage. Without JC helping Paul and learning the truth, everything would have gone Page's way. No removing the killswitch, no taking down some of UNATCO's best in Navarre and Gunther, no Jaime and Alex helping you out, no Tracer getting Ambrosia vaccine, no triad peace, no Savage ruining Page's plans.

Perhaps the path had Paul as the final boss as well.

or clearing them with a well placed crouching jump.

This is something I kind of doubt, I think Page was going to lose in all routes with the president replacing the Tong ending, destroying the Aquinas Hub crushing globalism and making America great again, the Illuminati ending being a flat MJ12 ending where you destroy Page and rule the world as part of MJ12 with the opening scene playing with you and Simons talking instead of him and Page. There is also the merge ending although I was thinking it would be a bait ending where you defend the compound allowing Page to merge but the AI isolates him and merges with you instead overwriting the space Page occupied.

Is there a torrent for Mankind divided yet?

It seems likely though that there would be one ending where Page doesn't lose since the endings give varying degrees of control to the player over society at the end.
It would make sense that there would be one ending where MJ12 would stay in power and the dialogue suggests that they wanted to let you stay a brainwashed retard for fairly long if not the entirety of the game.

DESTROY BEAM

Denuvo hasn't been cracked yet

The first one wasn't the last.

time for bantz

You really are retarded

this a CF parody? Not very accurate