gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind

Also a very interesting read

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/251290
archive.is/nTjgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are they gonna run like ass, though?

and?

They've been doing that for some time now, if I'm remembering things right. Not really surprising.

There's a difference between releasing old PC versions of Jap games and the occasional PC port and this. From "a few PC games" to "almost all new games will have PC ports"

I really just want Dragon's Crown on PC right now. So until we hear something from Vanillaware I can't bring myself to care.

If that's the reason why they skipped out on Valkyrie Drive and why they didn't pick up Luminous Arc Infinity, because there weren't PC versions planned, then FUCK that.

Who cares? Xseed has never published anything good

How's the special edition of Battlefield 1 treating you guys?

Did you just lurk a thread for 20 minutes in order to shitpost?

Take note, this is how you get Holla Forums to shill your company - by actually doing things worth defending.

Shut up, you are going to summon the paranoid XSEED haters

who?

She is against GG and Holla Forums

One of their employees used to post on jrpg generals on half-Holla Forums. It wouldn't be surprising if she still peeks in every now and then on at least half-Holla Forums, assuming she didn't migrate here or lurk both boards.

Then why are you posting a samurai?

I didn't know samurais were white.

I just wonder if the quality will get better, I hear Little Kings Story was poor on release.

There is a difference between weebshit and Japanese made games, faggot.

That's great, but all it really means is that now I won't buy any of their games and will instead just wait for the PC version. Bit of a catch-22, there.

Unless the preorder/collector's edition goodies are just too good to pass up.

I don't really see that.

We are talking about Japanese games here. They are rarely even pushing the current consoles. Nothing changes visually if they get on the PC.

>Akibas Beat looks like a shit Persona clone with none of the personality of the first nor the appealing Watanabe illustrations but whatever, the more the merrier
Shit man, cant wait

Wheres Xanadu Next and them Sega ports though?

Thats Atlus nigger

>>>/out/

Senran Kagura ran nicely enough for me

I hope SV did well enough to warrant an EV port.

One can only hope
waiting for that Revelator and KoFXIV as well

Irrelevant, Xseed doesn't make games. They just publish them.

It's on Japanese devs to actually port them. Xseed doesn't have the expertise to do that.

But I would love to see more quality ports on Steam. JRPGs deserve all the attention they can get.

How about knowing what the fuck you're talking about before posting?

Is this a stealth reference to Zero/Ao?

It's atlus. But still

God I still have Felghana and up to finish.

They publish and TL games user. They don't make them. They're not a game dev.

Do you think Falcom is going to make a PC port because Xseed asks them?

Origin blows that shit outta the water. Absolutely best Ys.

I don't know, I like what I've played of felghana(up until some dragon cunt in a frozen cave) but some of the bosses strike me as near impossible to do without some grinding.

The market's there, goy. Nobody every thought we'd be getting english SRWs (in grorious engrish no ress!), but here we are today.

You missed equipment or should be playing in a lower difficulty

When did I ever imply that?

No, I think they will make a deal with Falcom and outsource a contract of a port to a company like QLOC like they've done before.
Not every Nip dev is making the pc ports themselves you dumb nigger.

You still dot know how it works

Probably. I mean I doubt Falcom would have designed a boss for me to hit for one damage per hit while the boss itself has like a thousand. Guess that's just how nightmare mode is.

There was also this one boss that's absolute RNG fuckness. I don't know what the fuck Falcom was thinking with that boss.

They always do that, when a console gen tanked hard to is reaching the end of its lifecycle.
Once the next whateverbox is suddenly selling like hotcakes, they drop PC like a hot potato.

PC fags ruin everything again.

lol no why would falcom make a pc version of anything ever, that's just stupid lolol

Yeah, just like people were saying how later on this generation PC software sales and platform owners would go down due to the consoles finally getting a nice game collection and their prices would go down.

Juut like 7th gen, right?

Speaking of pc versions and stupid, didn't they make PC versions of like Ys 6 or something but it was Chinese only or Japanese only or something?

0/10

Yes, we all know Falcom has always been a console only developer :^)

Chinese only

They have no good games to embrace though?

Aye yes but then it still relies on Falcom to give the okay. But you're right I didn't think of that.

I'd love to Xseed to get the rights for Ao and port it. Would it be financially viable? How much would it cost to port it?

That pixel shit farmer sold like mad. They the took a goog game like seasons over they'd do very well. Too bad is't 3ds, much less likely to happen than if it was vita.

I don't think Falcom is going to become a PC dev again for the West.

steamspy.com/app/251290

Did you know that Falcom doesn't need to even reach 50K units to make profits?

Also the game was sold on PSn and GOG as well. it probably got 50k or more. Which is very good for a niche publisher/developer

Except every nip dev that comes to PC finds themselves with massive sales success.
Valkyria Chronicles smashed sales goals day one and SEGA is "working" on more PC ports
SnK ditched pachislot because Steam sales for the KoF series was so high.
When nip devs come to PC, they stay on PC

What I hate is that I never really know when a game is successful or not. Like assuming worst case and no GoG sales and all sales at 30 dollars that game made at least 750K. Thing is I don't really know if that's good or not for Falcom.

And what would that be?

It sold like 30K on GOG and Falcom doesnt expect that big a sales either.
Im not expecting them to become PC focused like before, but Im expecting at least ports.

FC was heavily shilled by GOG as one of the first JPRGs there, it sold like hotcakes there and SC wasnt much different.

3rd is being localized for a reason

"Weebshit" is a meaningless buzzword only used by Holla Forumstards and /sp/ics.

You got proof otherwise?

So I'm curious, did the name Adol come from something specific or did they just think the name was cool and that was that?

Because Adel is an Arabic name for "The Just/The Fair" and I kind of felt a connection.

I had no idea, where can I see this?

Sure he was fair with all his ladies being left

Adol's true lady is adventuring

Excuse me?

Out of Felghana? Your opinion is fucking wrong, son.

*lol*

lol

samefag
wwwwwwww

Front page for some weeks, top popular during that time.
Stop formatting like a damned redditor

Best of all, no fucking backtracking.

*whore

Toal gameplay >>>> Adol gameplay

Completely a matter of taste

Wanderers music>>>>>Felghana music

Not if it's a fact.

Same things.

Also speaking of PCE music is there a remix of this in Celceta? If so, is it in a different name? I can't find it.

Yes, a dark fact

Glorious PC weeb master race.

Isn't Alice-soft releasing some Rance games in the west too?

Yeah, they got a parternship with Mangagamer
The kikes axed some fans translations though instead of using them.

Progressives on suicide watch.

X-SEED does some good translations, and doesn't inject a shitload of SJW shit. Pre-ordering from X-SEED isn't the same as pre-ordering Ubishit, user. They have a proven track record.

never pre-order
never

Already played it on Vita, so Iunno if I'd want to buy it a third time since I'm getting the inevitable 30 year anniversary PS4 LE box.

>I bought Senran PC at full price on release date for my friend
I hope Estival comes out

that's pretty bad of you, m8

Unfortunately not.

Fate is owned by Sony for 5 years because Nasu wanted to new fans in Japan

How so?
Do they hold the rights of the IP and all the spinoffs or something?

agatsuma ring a bell? Umihara sold so poorly they shut down a few months later. PC gamers are so fucking delusional it's just sad.

They own all of the Fate license and anime except for the books and Prisma Illya anime which are owned by Kadokawa. Nasu told them to go ahead and adapt Fate/Zero after the success of KnK which Sony approach Nasu and what else to adapt. Also Nasu is a xenophobe who has multiple times rejected offers to bring the VNs to Steam and has killed the Melty Blood stream on EVO. If Xseed were to port Extella Nasu will throw a hissy fit and probably try to sue.

Gameindustry is aGGro

archive.is/nTjgs

Akiba's Trip 2 was the second game user.

I really need to get back to beating I & II. But that one fucking cheap bat boss, man. Holy shit I can take anything but that guy.

[citation needed]

Im sure you're correct about Nasu, but Sony doesnt own anything of Fate.

Type Moon does.

it was the cheapest version of the game and if you ever played it you'd see why mouse support is 100% unnecessary. It also runs on an Intel HD4000. I don't think you're retarded, I know you're retarded. It would unarguably play worse with mouse support. That misses the entire point of the game.

Did you get the silver sword?

They literally swim in Fate money, Fate/Grand Order is published by them and has made a lot of money according to their financial statement. Also every Fate except for Illya is on a sony system. This is honesty common knowledge in Japan since Nasu sold out for Soul games and has an excuse not to work on the Tsukihime VN

Keep posting half the story though

Funny thing about that, when XSEED first sent out their emails regarding E3 appointments they actually had Fate/Extella listed as for Steam as well as PS4/Vita. Obviously they didn't announce a PC release, so I honestly wonder what's up with that.

Agatsuma was fucked even before the PC ports released. That, and they were released with little fanfare - and although I'm a huge fan of the series (I imported a physical copy of Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari) it's just too damn niche.

it sold very well on the vita and 3ds, pc version sold the worst of all versions. 200 million steam users doesn't matter when not even 10,000 of them are buying games.

I thought PC was the platform where word of mouth is more valuable than the evil advertising

Aniplex did indeed publish Fate/Grand Order in Japan, but Ive see nothing else Fate related that has been published by Sony or that they own it.

And that shit should be easy to Google like Sega on Dengeki Fighters and Miku.

Animes except Prisma Illya, Zero and UBW were funded with Sony money and they release it in the West because Sony knows there's a following. Upcoming HF movie and Extra anime are also funded unlimitedly by Sony's pockets with Nasu allowed to make any changes he wants.

Estival versus when

I'm going to need a source for it selling "very well" on Vita and 3DS. As for your second point, word of mouth can only go far. It would do you well to remember that Sayonara Umihara Kawase was the first game to come to the west, and the PC ports of the series released only a few months after Chirari. The folks that would've had the "word of mouth" were niche gamers to begin with, and (ones) that I'd argue aren't prone to social media or any effective sort of word of mouth.

Seems legit

Funny thing is that that is the exact same problem with mobile and the PS4.

Yes, Aniplex seems to publish or own most of the animations.
The games and VNs themselves dont seem to be the case though.

The suffix "-boo" denotes a person who likes a product of a culture that is not their own - such as weaboo, koreaboo or ameriboo.
It's a variety of race-traitor, and thus degeneracy of the highest order.

most owners of Umihara on steam are Japanese.

funny, we're talking about a 3ds & vita game that got a PC release. Still not seeing a good excuse for a great series of games selling terribly.

Apparently there is an exploitable loophole in which merchandise = games and Aniplex owns the Fate merchandise aside from the animation which they abuse a lot. Its why SAO has never been ported to PC.

that doesn't surprise me, it shouldn't surprise you either considering that - again - it's a long running series in Japan, and up until the PC releases only the last title in the franchise was localized, and wasn't heavily advertised when it was

vita release had the trilogy localized. PC just brought the vita games to PC. Why did it sell so poorly on a platform with hundreds of millions more users?

Vita release only had the original and Sayonara localized.

The reason that the games sold poorly on PC was because the folks that had been playing the series prior to the PC release were very, very niche gamers and there simply wasn't enough word of mouth for the game to succeed.

Still waiting for the source that the games did well on 3DS and Vita. I know for a fact that they were developing the Vita release with a US release in mind from the get-go, but you haven't proven that the US release did well in the first place.

games that were released on vita and PC sold more on vita, so it's a reasonable conclusion to come to that other games released on the vita and 3ds sold more on the PC.

Because its extremely niche, barely marketed and barely known in the West?
Because normalfags only buy what their friends and the bigger marketing budgets tell them too?
Are you surprised this happened?
How fucking old are you?

Thats some shady fucking business right there, I knew there was a reason Bamco wasnt making a port of that game when even the Saint Seya made the jump and Koei though it was profitable for AoT and Berserk to make the jump.

Because it didnt have a big enough fanbase andthe company was already dying.
Why is this so hard to understand?

Its like blaming the Saturns failure and poor marketing strategy in the consumers/Sega fans.

No, XSEED takes too big of a cut on digital PC releases for Falcom to really keep the Western audience in mind (though I suspect Dana's solo campaign in Ys VIII is a bone thrown to us). We can start thinking more loftily once we've matched the amount of sales revenue Falcom currently gets from Taiwan.

IMO Felghana bosses on Nightmare/Inferno, aside from Gyalva and Schultiger, are at least fine and very often great. Origin seems better in terms of balance aside from how expensive item upgrades gets.

How is there not a professional mash-up of these already

Nice try, fuckoff

Which is why if Xseed were to port Fate it would be hard to do since there's already a legal hurdle they have to jump through since Aniplex has always abused that loophole its why [email protected]/* */ isn't even on Xbox or on any Nintendo system anymore because of the anime + merchandise

No offense, but if the Dana solo sections are supposed to be throwing western fans a bone, they did a shitty job. Although they were interesting for the story bits the first time through, they're pretty damn light on content and aren't as fun as the rest of the game once the novelty wears off.

You still haven't given a source. You don't have one, do you?

I guess they are financing the merchandise, but still, pretty shady.

Again, when XSEED first sent out their E3 2016 appointment emails, Fate/Extella was listed for PC.

I'm guessing Aniplex pulled the same shit. At least they're getting some good advertising during AkibaFest (Aniplex sponsored event next month)

Here's to (you) Nicola and Bart.

Hey, thanks for the heads up man
Less known corporate shit like this is always good to know.

you WANT Senran Kagura to run like ass, though.

and titties.

I wonder if Takeuchi bought more Ferrari with the royalty money he got from Sony for the record he has 5 of them.

Thinking about it more, Dana's solo bits happened mainly because Takayuki Kusano directed this game, years after he led Felghana, and wanted to get some of that style back into play. They don't yet make decisions like this in mind for us, it's just that Kusano's an old-timer and wanted to do something Kondo didn't for the previous two games. Exactly what's disappointing about Dana's style of play/dungeons/bosses? The one wall boss they were teasing for months looks cool, as does the tower.

Steam gaming is not PC gaming. It is a separate entity.

There is only one boss in Dana's sections of the game, and no dungeons. The Dana sections are much, much more linear than the rest of the game and only account for maybe 15% of the time you're playing the game.

There's also a solo Adol boss, though - but it's more or less a reskin of the boss that Dana fights for her single boss fight.

If its on PC there will definitely be digital copies.

that seriously cannot be anywhere close to the original line right.
if it somehow is then ill suck it up and leave it at that
i dont want to support this but its fucking DQ man.
probably still gonna get it anyway.