Toxikk

TODAY'S THE DAY

Yes i'm shilling but the game is free and I want to play it with Holla Forums when it releases in a few hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/fpblmkk/
steamdb.info/app/324810/
steamcommunity.com/id/rotten_human
steamcharts.com/app/324810
steamcommunity.com/id/outerhaeven/
store.steampowered.com/app/324810/
steamcommunity.com/app/324810/discussions/0/343785574516891111/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh and sense it's semi related here is proof that Quake Champs is ruined

I'll give it a try I suppose, I haven't played an FPS since Tribes Ascend, multiplayer or singleplayer.
Was this the thing anons were jerking off or was it Xonotic?

Xonotic I think, has a small group going. I suck really bad but I still have fun with them.

I think Xonotic, that was always free.

Op, I'd like to play but sadly I don't have time today.
But I think it is/was a good game at release. So I hope you have fun. And that the player base is growing.

And I don't think Holla Forums is the right audience for that anyway.
That game is definitely lacking it terms of unlock systems and waifus.

The game is essentially what you get if you take UT2004 and slap into in UE3

Which is all I could ask for. An Arena shooter that isn't dead and decent graphics.

this one is dead already

Good graphics are no replacement for a clean, coherent art style. Especially in an arena shooter.

Here's the group link from last thread:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fpblmkk/

I hope we'll get something together tonight.

I'm downloading it right now.
Has the update been launched yet?

Looks interesting, but I'm not installing windows just to run it.

That is completely fair user.

I still want to know how many people are going to join up.
I assume OP and myself obviously.
Who else?

The update also seems to not have launched yet.
Anyone happen to know when exactly that'll be released?

Where?

Once they release the 1.0 version update a "free version" will be available as well.

steamdb.info/app/324810/

In case any anons were wondering there is both a free version and a full version.

Lets see after it is released

No, later today some time

free? if not pass.

nvm I didn't see this

also I don't understand the map vehicle and campaign thing.

Read the thread.

Yeah, I figured it out by now as well.
I wonder when exactly.

EARLY ACCESS

user get this shit out of my face, until there is a stable release I won't touch this shit.

You're right, it should just be a pay to play game only.
Having an option that's free but inferior isn't fine, right?

Have you read the thread?
Or even the news on the steam page?
1.0 is releasing literally today.

thats actually pretty cool. im glad they went with a model like this.

stop being fucking passive aggressive you fucking piece of shit I fucking hate it when people do that.

Of all the stuff to put behind the paywall, a server browser is pretty retarded

isnt this just the current UT pre-alpha with the addition of a double jump? It's cool and all but does anything else separate them?

Me too.
Chances are they kind of need to do that so they can get as many players as possible.

Here, just for you:
The game's a normal game for which you pay once.
Trying to get as many people playing as possible by making an inferior free version isn't a bad idea by any stretch.
What'd you rather they remove?

It's like they want to incentivize you to buy it.
Of course not having a server browser is shit but they want to make money as well.

Weapons and maps I guess.

Wait what

see

To be fair OP should've added himself because it's not exactly "free", looks more like a demo, but demos are good and super rare nowadays

Now you reminded me that demos are practically dead.
You're right, it should've been in the OP.

They actually finished it? I gave up on them ever accomplishing that just a bit under a year ago.

i don't really care about shooters & probably can't run it, but it looks neat. gj

Damn, I bought this like 2 years ago and lost hope for it promptly. That was mostly due no literally no players though. Can't wait to actually play now that it came out.

I'm in the same boat.
We should play once the fucking update is actually released.

You can build a game around simple inputs. Quake is simple - you turn it on and you instantly know how to play it. You go fast and shoot other people.

This? This is dead on arrival. It's trying too hard to be cool, fast, and superamazing but it looks stiff, forced and just a pain to play.

Lately I've noticed that krauts don't really seem to know what makes good vidya anyhow, just like Russians. It's weird.

HOW DO I TURN OFF THE FUCKING LENS FLARES GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

stick to jrpgs

Try the demo when it's out.
I've had the game for a while and what I played of it was actually pretty smooth and fun.
I might be misremembering of course but I might be recollecting correctly.

no you stick to overwatch

I might try it, but I've played enough FPS to know what I see when I see it. The keyboard input being shown just gives me more confidence.

I'm working on a multiplayer shooter of my own right now, and waiting on my new computer to be delivered at the end of the month, so I don't have to run UE4 editor at 20FPS anymore.

Most of the things I say and point out comes from my own trial and error, experience and notes I've taken in my gamedev notebooks over the years. I could elaborate as to what other things the game did wrong from the video very easily, as well as things that it did right.

There are particular red flags that you just learn to notice, man.

simplicity is key. Say what you want, but a clunky movement system is a clunky movement system no matter how you look at it.

I completely understand you user.
I am very much the same, although broader and not specifically with FPS games.
I bought it on a whim.
Just about everyone has had that one or two EA purchases, having to learn the hard way.

More options doesn't mean clunky. UT4 feels very smooth.

How is UT4 coming along?
I've been meaning to try it.

That has been a feature since Unreal 1.

I played it for 6 months and during that time they only made like one map. Haven't played it in a while but it was fun. If this game feels good and has enough maps it might be better than UT4 because of double jump.

Simplicity is important but if you make it your only goal you get your average bland AAA crap, you can't just stick to one side and win. I think I'd rather say intuitiveness is the key, if it's complex but is easy to learn/adapt to then it's good.

uhmmm, feels Problematikk!

Options have to be implemented in a streamlined, natural manner. Not whatever this game is trying to do.

Videogames are my passion, gamedev is my dream. I downright studied how videogames work and what makes them click, particularly FPS. I didn't learn from buying bad games, I learned from looking at it, watching development logs, listening to developer commentaries, talking to devs of various games when I get the opportunity, etc.

I live and breathe videogames, user. I do it because I have a real passion for it. There are particular rules that you have to follow to make them feel good, and be fun. You can bend some of those rules, but ultimately they have to be followed in one way or another.

I get absolutely sickened by people that grab a concept like "muh arena shooter" peel the skin off of it, stick it on a soulless walky-shooty pile of garbage and think they made the same kind of thing that the concept was born out of.

Games aren't fucking simple. Games are a mix of visual art, music, animation, sometimes writing, but most of all it is a study of human behavior and how to make a human enjoy themselves in an interactive way.

It kills me how many people miss the fucking essence of what videogames are.

Which is why I stuck with Quake until eventually moving on to CS.

Its preference, but I always found UT better. The Array of weapons are much more better then satisfying; I am not a fan of the whole "strip it all down so everything is featureless" angle the Quake games tend to take. UT will always be the better game in my book.

>>>/reddit/

You got the meme wrong, reddit puts a space between each phrase.

He probably plays Halo and smokes weed.

>>>/Reddit/

I like the fact that Quake was a means of competing with others rather than being "the thing" you enjoy. It was a medium of competition, not the center of attention in itself.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the spectacle of the quake series. I just thing the weapons were much more interesting in the UT series. Also, Props for them actively not trying to copy Quake, too (Such as not including rocket jumping).

Why not include rocket jumping?
UT had rocket jumping.

UT didn't have rocket jumping; it had Jack Hammer Jumping and Telepads you could throw about. Thats completely different

Well if Toxikk dies you can just move to UT4 which is pretty much the same thing he described except in UE4, and if both of them never take off then I guess we can wait another decade for someone to start trying to make arena shooters again.

So what is the ETA on this going F2P?

Already is

But the problem is the fact that they're trying to make "arena shooters" instead of a game they themselves would like to play and challenge.

Hot damn user. That was one hell of an effort post.

I am very passionate about vidya too user and hope to go into game dev as well.

Want to add each other on something?

steamcommunity.com/id/rotten_human

Would be the easiest if you added me here.

I don't understand what you mean, why wouldn't they want to play and be challenged in an arena shooter?

WarSow exists but it doesn't have many players.
Opensource pretty damn good quake clone.
warsow.gg

This looks really neat.
This isn't going to end up like another Renegade X, is it? Hype for the first two weeks then absolute death?

Jesus Christ

They chase an idealized concept instead of sitting down and trying to think of something new and exciting in a constructive manner.

picrelated

why the fuck there is no one to play with in ut

Have you no pals to speak with online?

game is not free?

Read the thread user.
Please.
It's a common courtesy.

I seen this image posted yesterday.

FUCKIN A.

You'd be surprised at how many devs don't actually play video games.

You must have a lot of friends.

Playing videogames is like 50% of what I do during the day. Must you really be so autistically aggressive towards anybody that you perceive to be "the outsider"? I've been on various iterations of Holla Forums for years, chill the fuck out, faggot.

How was me making a reference to the terrible American dub of Genocyber in anyway aggressive to you. In fact, I been pretty polite to you this whole thread.

I accidentally clicked on your post number, while responding to the faglord. No beef intended

Nothing but brain cells considering his post history and the fact that he provided no info aside from "I love muh vidya".

When did someone ever imply that?
Thanks for coming out though.

Feels worse than knowing that GSC will rape S.T.A.L.K.E.R in your lifetime

Have you tried some of the new stuff they've added to UT4? Outside of parkour features the showdown game mode strays pretty far from the traditional arena shooter formula and it's great.

Besides I'd take a game that is entirely derivative of actual good games over nushit like walking sims, cinematic experiences, ubisoft style open world meme games, or babby's first RPGs.

I am more so sad they only made 2 OVA's of Apocalypse Zero. Of course they would just cover the Tactical Evils aspect of the comics.

Dropped. Any company forcing you to own the game or even worse a second copy of the game in order to host a dedicated server for their game are mega assholes.

He could still turn out to be an alright guy.
If he's some sperg I can break off contact on a whim.
Nothing to lose.

I can add you too if you care so much for me you fag.

tfw your dream is to make a third person arena shooter that is essentially a streamlined version of cpma/warsow with a weeb artstyle

I just figured up that a parkour movement style would be better fit for third person perspective, due to the fact that most normalfags get motion sickness when they have to move the camera around too much in first person.

I also just want to go fast and score frags with an anime waifu.

I tried but I can't run properly it yet. As I said before, I ordered myself sick ass build, so once I put it together I'll be trying it out.

I mean I got the general gist of it while running it on my toaster, but I could only run it at like 15fps which I don't feel does it justice.

Dude you're trying to sound witty and smug but you're just coming off as a dense cunt. Please stop it and let us talk about videogames without your mega autism.

Do you exclusively play free and open source games without ever considering playing any buy2play games?

It'll certainly run well on whatever you've ordered because my computer isn't super great but I run it at 60 FPS on high/max settings. GTX 760, i3 processor, and 8gb of RAM.

Find yourself a pet artfag and learn how to use UE4. It's pretty simple.

I'm my own pet artfag but I could get another one at any given point in time - you'd be surprised how many artists want to make videogames but are intimidated by the concept of coding.

They should probably change their steam page so they don't sound like two-faced kikes. :^)

Nah, Id like to stay anonymous
but thanks bby

Please stop it and let us talk about videogames without your mega autism

Sure thing user

Bannerlord is both Pay 2 Play and Open Source so I guess he aint getting.

Considering how Bersetk turned out its probably for the best though.

Its more like a demo than anything else really

Bannerlord is not fully open source, the devs said that people misinterpreted them and they meant that the game is open source while the custom engine is not.

The end result is mostly the same for modding purposes but there's no need to spread misinformation.

Damn, I missed that, what a bummer

thanks for the info by the way

Who the fuck gives a shit about yet another shitty fucking arena shooter that dies faster than the previous one. Look at this awful business practice, just awful.

What is the actual release time?

Kill yourself underaged faggot

THEN ITS NOT ALL MAPS AND VEHICLES IS IT

This game will die just like all the others. Stop kidding yourselves.

I told you fags too many times why arena shooters are dead and not coming back but you refuse to listen.

I'm older than you, I remember the end of the golden years and I'm not a complete autist.

I have the high ground. Don't try it.

I'll try spinning. That's a good trick.

UNF UNF WHERE IS IT

Patch is up!

Who here is ready to play together?

I don't want the patch. I want the main free client download. You know, the one for people who didn't waste their money?

It should be up now as well I assume.
We all make mistakes.

having to pay to join custom servers is what's going to kill this game guaranteed

In an era where almost every shooter that comes out doesn't have custom servers? I doubt it.

I do think the game will die though, it doesn't have the gwafix or brand recognition of UT4 but even that is dead at the moment despite being very similar games.

oh wow a spaceship thats some real high class arena action right here. nice scenery though

Do you fail to understand the concept of a demo? Their wording of 'free version' may be poor, but I get the fucking idea. You try the game for free, if you like it, buy it.

is this halo?

WHERE IS MY FREE EDITION

Something's not adding up…

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just played some.
It's good.

steamcharts.com/app/324810

playing 41 min ago
24-hour peak
all-time peak

Told you lad don't fuck with me bruv

Bunnyhopping is far more complex

What could it possibly mean, I'm so confused

How? Steam only gives me the option to buy it.

It was one of my two EA games I bought.
Mistakes were made but I guess now I can play some.
There's a demo too though.

The demo is what I want. Mind to share the link?

UT4 is amazing. It just takes forever to update.

bhopping is overrated and easily cheesed using macros.

I know because I do it every day in CS

just because UT does it doesn't make it instantly good.

Go to the steam page and there should be a "play" option even though you don't have the game.

Lol.

I will try tomorrow I guess.

Eh, it's a good game when you play it on the one chink map where everything is tight. The "open" maps are complete fucking trash that don't give you a sense of speed.

IS ANYONE HERE INTERESTED IN PLAYING

I actually find those maps to be the most fun. I like jumping around fighting vehicles and players from a distance.

Oh my god these are the some of the worst fucking maps I've ever seen for an arena shooter, its like I'm playing Halo.

I'm so happy I didn't pay for early access, wow this is bad.

I am.

Did the update happen yet? I am not on my desktop and I ain't seeing anything on the site about it yet.

Yeah it's weird, even their Steam page still shows that they are in early access and no free version.

A DAY HAS PAST
IT IS NOW LAUNCH DAY +1
AND THESE INCOMPETENT
EUROTRASH CANNOT
RELEASE THEIR GAME

DEAD ON ARRIVAL
E
A
D

Jesus fuck, how is that not exactly changing the core experience? I hate Bethesda. I'm so glad I haven't bought any of their shit for years, and I'm ashamed I ever did.

Also I'm still looking at the Steam page and their website and there's no free demo version and it still says Early Access.

So uh… where's the fucking game?

I bet they fucked something up hardcore because it's more than a day late.

This was over before it even began

I downloaded the free version a few hours ago using

The full version seems to be up on their site toxikk.com/editions/ Only played a couple games so far, but its pretty fun.

steamcommunity.com/id/outerhaeven/
if anyone is interested in a match. I have the free version so I don't know how a join/invite system would work.

So why isn't it on the main steam page, why hasn't steam advertised it as a released game yet?
Do you devs realize this yet?

game is good thanks for letting me know it came out

Fucking hell mate I feel bad for my friend who was some kind of founder for it or w/e

There's no in-game store or anything.

on the normalfag level, FPS' can't take off because of CoD, basically.

No one wants to bother unless winning is

A game like Quake/Toxikk/UT4 has no place beyond those who already do nothing but play FPS games of that caliber. Beginners get stomped, call it shit, and leave.

F2P means it won't have that cost of entry, and if it -is- favored by people, then uh..good for therm! Doubt it though.

store.steampowered.com/app/324810/

can't see the free version anywhere and this thread has been up for more than 24 hours now.

They are transitioning all of the servers and talking to steam. According to the devs it should be finished tomorrow.

cool, ty

This actually makes sense. While I won't call the game shit, I'll stop playing if I feel that doing well is beyond my reach.

The game is still deader than dead.
Its ut2k4 in UE3 and an annoying ass HUD that shows you everything on the fucking map like CoD

Early access games cannot be dead. You can pronounce the game dead if it has no community a month or two from now, not yet.

Imho visibility is better than UT4. It's by no means perfect but I had an easier time aiming at things and hitting them in this demo than I did in UT4 earlier this year.

This marketing strategy might be genius or it might bite them in the ass hard. People really believe there is a "free version" of the game when there's really only a TINY DEMO with three fucking maps and no server browser. All you can do is "quick join" a random match, you can't even choose the map or game mode. And when the server switches to any map other than the three free ones you're booted back to the main menu. It's literally a DEMO. They have a "buy the game" link that they harass you with so maybe that actually makes a bunch of people buy the game - or maybe most people are disappointed because they expected a free to play game - like experience and not a fucking demo. Time will tell.

I didn't notice a minimap at all. Are you sure you're talking about the current version of the game?

The game is obviously NOT released yet.

It's not free, that's misinformation. There's merely a small demo, three maps, automatic match-making.

Holla Forums shilling a free game where the devs have every intent on fucking you over because it's not remotely a free game. Game has skill locked matchmaking and only 40 or so players. No server browser. Matchmaking puts you only in "Free" lobbies to make sure you don't play maps you don't have access to. Devs know the problems and still refuse to fix them, "working as intended" matchmaking.

Thanks Holla Forums, you're just as much a fucking useful baboon as any normalfag.

Okay
Nice trips though

Outside of some awful design decisions outside of the gameplay I am very impressed with the game. It's my favourite arena shooter since UT2004 for sure. Not a fan of Quake-likes and other bhop derivatives. UT4 is okay but going nowhere and a bit like UT3 still. Toxikk is the closest thing to UT2004 and being a different IP is free to have its own take on how the weapons should function and I have to say I might prefer them to UT.

Still haven't bought the game though, can't trust the devs aren't a bunch of incompetent fuckers until we see how many jump in after tomorrow.

That is literally Overwatch and people payed $60 for that.

You can't choose what map you want to play in Overwatch? lmao

Nope. You press click play and hope you get one of the better ones.

Not in matchmaking.
You have to do a custom lobby to choose the map.

Does it have moar players than Nexuiz/Xonotic?

The game hasn't officially launched yet, even the demo version isn't officially supposed to be out yet. They're waiting for tomorrow

steamcommunity.com/app/324810/discussions/0/343785574516891111/

They might be on the Steam front page too.

Right now it's as dead as dead as it was before and even those small number of players (50~) are broken down into regions and skill categories.

Can't really give an answer until tomorrow to see how good or bad they will fare.

I had one guy join my game today, I killed him once and then he left. This is the state of the genre and all players are magnetised to the game that appeals to the lowest common denominator. I don't have that high hopes, there's no grinding or loot here, nothing for normalfags.

So you can choose the map. Or is there a problem with "custom lobby"?

No custom lobby works great.
You're on Holla Forums though.

But are custom lobbies ranked?

Nope.

I'd call that a problem.

Isn't the point of playing ranked to pit your skill against a pool of people you don't know instead of your friends?

That's not the problem. The problem is that there is no way to rank up without playing shit maps the Overwatch devs want to force you to play. In any good PC FPS you have a server browser where you can select a server that is running the map(s) you like and you can work on your rank/skill rating using those maps. Overwatch's design is straight from consoles. The idea that everyone should be forced to play all maps is typical console dev authoritarianism. One size fits all. Lowest common denominator. Are you honestly okay with that? Other games with way smaller budgets allow you to play whatever map you like and avoid the ones you find unbalanced or boring. What could possibly be Overwatch's excuse for not offering this feature?

Anyone here ever play Neocron? It was my first MMORPG.

Weird to see Reakktor suddenly show up again with a new game.

Why should a ranked mode give you the chance to not play on maps you are bad at? Unless the ranking is specific to each map in which case you're needlessly fracturing the player base. The idea of a global rank is to show in theory who consistently performs better then their peers, and choosing maps nulls the idea of it being consistent and global. Yes in games with custom maps, or broken, or just plain shit maps not every one should be up for ranked play, but if you play ranked you should expect to play on every map considered for ranked matchmaking.

Your core argument is so stupid I'm beginning to suspect this is bait.

>TOXIKK
Thanks, but no. I don't belong to the targeted demographic. Too old and not hip enough.

Demo version is publicly available now on Steam page. Game is under new releases on Steam. Steam prices are reduced.

But the game is buried under "All new releases", it's niche, nobody cares anymore, it's too hard for cancer PC audience. So it's pretty much dead on arrival.

It's finally out for reals now.

No server browser, join matches with 2 v 2 only
its meh
i guess ill try out some more after work

Pretty sure I made a game like this when I tried to learn C++

Remember to set launch options and type in "-dx11"
Boosts performance and lighting

This is really good, I have found 2 matches on the free version no problem. If they keep it free and advertised, it has a chance to grow

My favorite is the rocket launcher followed by the flamer followed by the assault rifle's grenade followed by shotgun.

What does holding the right mouse button do with the launcher? I just hold right mouse and then fire and get kills, but it doesnt feel any different from normal firing it other than the crosshair change.

Secondary fire for the rocket launcher is anti-vehicle lock-on. Useful only in maps with vehicles. Hold it down until you achieve a lock on and then it homes in on the vehicle. The vehicle also gives a warning that a missile has achieved lock so you can bail before you explode.

I like the game, but there is exactly 1 fucking server in Australia and it is not official and it is broken. And sort by ping doesn't fucking work anyway because it always lists official servers first even though I'm sorting by ping and then, when it gets to unofficial servers, sorts by ping through them. Fucking useless devs.

>you can not only strafe but backpedal in mid-air.

NO WAIFUS NO BUY

When will devs understand this? I am not going to watch any videos until I see some waifu bait. If a dev proves they are not SJWs then I will take a look at their shitty game. Until then I am not going to bother.

It's amazing how this game begins to fall apart after the 2nd hour and the initial flash and nostalgia wears off. The weapon balance is absolutely laughable.

To be honest I don't think anyone is going to lament the absence of a weeb.

I was with you on the first two points and then you lost me on the third.

shit nigga thats fun, but i'm hesitant to spend shekels on it for the full package

Pretty much this.

Does the super shotgun still one shot fully armored opponents? I can't remember if they ended up nerfing it at some point or not.

The assault rifle in UT2k4 also had a grenade launcher secondary. Not really that unusual.

I'm a quakefag so I wouldn't know.

just fuck my strafejumping up fam

What's wrong with strafe jumping.

It doesn't have UT2004 jumping system though. It has simplified one from UT1/3 and he's still like "this may sound complicated for you retards".

There is one UT2004. Which wasn't even more popular than Q3 or CS iirc. Skill ceiling was too high and audience wasn't big enough. Now there is even less money into it.
There is Epic's free UT also with UT1 jumps and better gfx. We don't need another remake. Even maps are from 2004 here. He didn't show any gameplay or even shooting for some reason, but I expect it to be worse too somehow. Not even interested in seeing it on release.
It's dead on arrival.

literally Shootmania-tier dead
even fucking Cube 2 is more active, and that's with an absentee developer and a few dead pages

I didn't but I'd rather play latexx gurl BDSM sim on UE4, than another wannabe oldschool dead shootan.

Thats it I officially have lived for too long

but user you have shit tier taste in waifus. Any dev that caters to you is will broke in a day.

Its a fun game, but heres the negative so far

Other than that, the game is a barrel of fun.
Custom player models are already modded in and people have added UT2k4 characters in