AMD DOES IT AGAIN

Reports say that the new AMD driver 16.9.1 released yesterday is massively increasing FPS in old and new cards for Doom and many other games up to 40 fps.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/51w84j/massive_fps_increase_thanks_to_1691_especially_on/

Oh boy I can't wait to play new trash but with better frame rates.

Anything worth playing doesn't require a rig made past 2005. Prove me wrong.

I'd rather have game devs making better optimized games but whatever, this is still good. Thanks for the heads up, I still have 1673 for some reason

The only reason people defend AMD here is because they don't want to live in a world where jewvidia are the only company on the block. That, and AMD isn't totally fucking shit as it currently stands (they funded/initiated Vulkan, for example). Basically, what I am saying is, don't try and perpetuate the idea that we ought to be fanboys for one side or the other. You don't think if it were the other way around and AMD were pulling shady shit like Nvidia does that we wouldn't call them out on it?

Anyway, great, a new software update. I just updated a day ago after the system tray icon wouldn't shut the fuck up about how I need to upgrade my drivers.

Damn, that must be a really shitty card if it cant push 200+ fps in possibly the most ported and optimized engine, for a 23 year old game

I don't give a fuck what brand my GPU is, I just want it to work decently. Which my current one does.

ikr, this is a weird thread

Cool, I was planning on buying a rx 480

What happened to that socket frying issue?

Agreeing on this. One moment a conpany can be the messiah, the next moment they can be the anti-christ. In the end, they're fucking companies.

except fucking Facebook. Anything they touch is turns into cancer to the public

I really don't understand why drivers have such a tendency to fluxuate the performance of hardware. To they hire nothing but Pajeet programmers on slave wages or something?

Give me a good game post 2007 and I'll care

It's not that AMD is good, it's just that nVidia is so fucking Jewish that they make AMD look better in comparison.

This also fixes PCSX2

any power draw problems got patched out a while ago

Subnautica, PoE, Zombie Army Trilogy, Cabela's Big Game Hunter, Brothers a Tale of two Sons, ARMA 2.

not for long with goyvidya experience

It thought it was just a Sniper reskin. What's so good about it?

You have some awful awful taste in video games user

I can play the few good ones there with a rig from ~2005
Although mine is crossfired

Metal Gear Rising, Shadowrun, Assflag 4,

you nailed it

3 campaigns, detailed environments, fun to build up headshot multipliers in 4 player coop, all the snipers feel different, along with your smg and pistol and it has some humor in it and a lot more varied enemies near the end than the first and second one. It has the first and second one's campaigns included, hence the name, but the third campaign is definitely the best. Also the last boss is fucking good. Get it at a sale.

I like the sterile 'Holla Forums must play or ur gay' games too, user. I just came up with some other games that hasn't been circlejerked to death.

Yeah but there's a reason Holla Forums hasn't circlejerked over them. Half are terrible, one is EA and the other one is a kind of shitty indie puzzle game

EDF 4.1, Transformers Devastation, Dark Souls 1, Pacman, Princess Remedy in a world of hurt

I can appreciate that Arma 2 has more content, but it just feels awful to play once you've tried Arma 3, and mods have given Arma 3 more content than I can ever play with.

I can play most of that shit on my garbage laptop, user.

That's your shitty opinion, user.

Amen

Is your laptop 11 years old?

wew lad

Just to name a few

but I'm playing all of those on a Rig from 2004 albeit not on the highest settings
Hell I'm pretty sure my processor is from the 90s
Also a third of those are absolute shit

You're right. I play most of them on my Thinkpad running Linux, and everything runs just fine, except for E.Y.E.

The point of the list was to show good games made after 2005.

Your shit taste is a subject for another thread

holy sheeeeit.

pretty much

Microcucks on suicide watch.

Most of the vr stuff coming out is fun.

This is the best news I've heard in a while. Time to update my drivers.

it does look kind of fun but i cant see myself paying top dollar for a vr headset just to play glorified wii sports

Are you baiting?

You can always pay bottom dollar instead. OSVR is cheap, relative to other headsets, or buy a used smartphone. Personally, I'm still waiting for more support before I plunge in. I'd really like to try a Vive and play flight sims, but I don't want to drop $800 for an 'okay' experience.

I still want better graphics cards to play good games at higher resolutions. Of course once you can play them perfectly at 4K there will be no need to care for anything further. Unless you want VR too, but you better be a dev because there is no way in fuck the current industry will make anything worth your time
And I still want better CPUs so I can compile code even faster.

Hey it was fun I do regret spending $50 on it though. The single player is nice but way too short for that price.

is this for windows 10 only?

no

Is the legacy 16.2.1 driver worth shit?
It's pretty much for one game that's of a shameful nature that my PC can't really run that well

A different driver isn't going to fix your shit PC. But feel free to try other versions, there's not much difference between 12 and 12.4 frames per second. Your card probably hasn't seen any performance benefit from driver updates for five years.

Chess

So, any 480 vs 1060 benchmarks post-driver update?

Driver updates can work wonders.

It's a damn shame about Shadowplay though. It's integrated into Geforce Experience software which now requires an account sign-in for data-mining. Luckily OBS, Bandicam & other recording software can use Nvidia's GPU-driven video encoder NVENC so you don't really need Shadowplay.

Only performance problem with DOOM right now is that recording software crashes it either immediately or within a few minutes of gameplay at best. Rivatuner Statistics Server can hook into the OpenGL version just fine, but not the Vulkan one.

Do people really play like that ? It's horrible.

Should I finally build that workstation/gaming/emu PC I've always wanted?

I like the blue tone in "cinematic" render mode, but the black bars are fucking stupid. Bloom can be turned off entirely I think.

Do it when Zen is out

Let me know when they release the patch that brings it up to 144fps.

whats expected of the zen anyways? is it going to cost a million dollars?

no one on Holla Forums has a 144fps monitor.

nigga try HD 5750

Q1 next year I think.
No idea about price. At most half a million.

My last computer less than two years ago had a HD 3650.

This.

I know. I guess I'll be waiting for another performance patch for that game of a shameful nature.

GTA online's stunt tracks are literally hotwheels.

I do.
Should have gone for 1440p/60Hz instead, or just stuck with a 1080/60 monitor and saved my money.

Fuck man, I really want to play that shit again

based

are they going to fuck up Holla Forums too?

Well to be precise, this game like most MMOs are not that hardware heavy on minimal.
But I would still prefer to play on softcore.

Your fault for being a linuxfag
post your screenfetch

I'm shitposting at 144fps right now, mind you.

This actually looks fun. I've regretted buying the game, but maybe I should give Online another go.

Life is pain.

take pic.

fault?

i love being a linuxfag and i love muh amd

no screenfetch for you nigger

Oh I thought you were being sarcastic
bully

when I want to shitpost i go back to cuckchan and i post images of a luggage lad and ask what happened to the founder of google

I'm using a 6870 HD
I already get decent framerates on new games on medium.

Will this help me at all?

I wouldn't say it's very demanding at all

UT4, "Souls" games, Fallout New Vegas, Metal Gear Rising, and I guess Crysis 1 and Warhead.

I can run that at an acceptable framerate on my laptop that completely lacks a dedicated graphics card, it nearly runs better than Half Life 2.

And how in the world would you need a remotely good rig to run Dustforce? I haven't played a lot of the others there but I think you misunderstood what he said and you're posting games made after 2005, not games that require a rig more beefy than one you could make in 2005.

Doom's engine is hardlocked at 35 fps.

Wow, the exact opposite of Jewvidia!

what distro is that?

I am pretty sure Nvidia gimped everything bellow a 9** when The Witcher 3 came out.

manjaro

But will framerate control actually work this time? I think not

AMD fanboys are going to be the death of the company.They sock cock at shitty business decisions, if you truly gave a fuck you'd be pushing for AMD to make a decent chip for the first time in over a decade. AMD fucked up bad. The supercomputing market is currently dominated by Intel and Nvidia chips

I seriously doubt they'll be able to recover with Zen, wont it use a 16nm process? If that's true then its going to be impossible for them to beat Intel at thermals and power consumption

I have a 6950. They stopped giving me updates a long time ago…

I applaud your intentions but you kinda re-defined shit tier there

This.

amd and nvidia are both shit

You did this to yourself

Probably not since barts is pre-gcn.

what do you use to play vidya on then?