Hearthstone is totally not Freemium pay to win

To what lengths will Blizz cucks go to support their beloved masters?

us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/20744884941

us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/16544974608

hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-deck-building/112704-how-is-hearthstone-not-a-pay-to-win-game

us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/20420212415

us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/18704971002

us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13659926081

TOP FUCKING KEK

Other urls found in this thread:

hearthpwn.com/decks/626967-tier-1-dragonwarrior-by-akinos
tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-08-30
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what casuals say for every pay to win game. Its nothing special for Blizzdrones.

the cards are good, but fuck me i feel insulted
insult me all you want, hearthstone is still relatively fun for me and i don't regret buying the other adventures

Aren't golden cards just a cosmetic thing, like foils?

You just love setting yourself up for failure don't you?

i'm not even talking about the story, they completely change the characters to fit into the wacky-funny-randumb nature of hearthstone
the even more ironic thing is that they already have medivh as a character skin for mages, and he talks like he would ingame/lore - serious
but then we get the adventure and he's just a fabio clone

Do you want me to repeat my post or something?

well i didn't expect them to literally make a new version of the character, while also keeping the old one in the same game
it's a new level of retconning

Yes

the main issue is that if you want to go completely free, you'd have to grind at least a month in order to get anything of value

You just love setting yourself up for failure don't you?

you're not listening you fucking goy
when they usually change things, they completely change things so that it "fits in"
meanwhile here they keep both versions

It's technically true, if you're severely autistic and can play one deck for thousands of hours without getting bored. I actually tried it for a couple weeks, it was incredibly boring and I quit. Never again

Look everyone. Its a blizzdrone almost breaking out of the drone mentality.

Yeah!
And neither is League of Legends!

It is pay2win with a cap (unlike many pay2win games where there are no cap how much power you can get with money) and with gamemodes that have zero pay2win (some brawls and arena) and where you can get a top tier face hunter/face paladin deck if you grind for 2-3 weeks or pay 20 bucks. Then again RNG matter more than money and it is not like 30 legendary (or 35 with the new card that gives you 5 random legendaries) decks are any good. I spent 250 euro and played since beta so i dont think it is that bad value wise giving the fact how much i played it

However while 2k dust hunter/pala decks are just as viable as 6-8k dust control decks i find the later to be way more fun to play as there are some kind of skill in the later unlike rush decks that is just curvestone most of the time. The sad thing is that compared to nearly other online mobile game HS is way more fair than those (compare the pay2win in HS with that in Clash Royale and how much you need to spend in that game)

Or get lucky.
The P2W isn't nearly as bad as it's RNG aspect.
I find it sad that one of the few cardgames that take advantage of being a digital one is only doing so by making the most ridiculous RNG possible.

I'm still watching this shitshow of Karazhan, ever since the final wing people have been quitting in droves, big streamers are starting to try other card games and normal people got tired of either playing aggro or only facing against aggro. That's what everyone did after Karazhan, they went back to the aggro decks since they're just ridiculous.

He's supposed to be pre-Fel Corruption Medivh, that's how they justify it at least.

At least i dont drone and defend everything about HS or Blizzard even if i do enjoy their games (expect for WoW i am not into classic MMORPG combat so i dislike that game) Renolock is a fun deck that i really enjoy playing

I wouldn't call it pay to win, but when you have cancer like "30+ legendary decks", "dragon dic- i mean decks" or just cards that require months if not years to craft, it's setting up an environment where dumping 100 dollarydoos right off the bat get's you way ahead of the the freemium goys who've been grinding far longer than you. I can't say anything good about it without le epic maymays being shitposted in response, but the game is fun. Besides the best decks that have a 70%-80% winrate are the low cost aggro/zoo decks that every new player can make.

Funny because the top decks have 1-2 legendaries max like Dragon Warrior
hearthpwn.com/decks/626967-tier-1-dragonwarrior-by-akinos And both legendaries are from adventures

Honestly, can't understand how people play these mindless games. The lack of actively interrupting your opponents actions seriously dampens the complexity these games can offer, and the lack of having to manage your resources makes deck construction a joke.

More like

Did you really go to that website just to spew this trash? Oh no, a deck with insane synergy, oh wait dragon warrior is nowhere to be found in standard. There are decks with all sorts of crazy shit in them every month, but they're nothing in comparison to the aggro meta, which is low budget.

Hearthstone should have just been an SP casual card game with all these gimmick bosses, that was the only fun and enjoyable part of the game.

It is tier 1 on tempostorm as well so i dont get this comment tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-08-30

I fucking knew it. The meta in this shit game hasn't changed in over 2 years. RNG up the ass and adventure only cards.

One huge change is that Force of Will+ Savage Roar got nerfed to the ground so it is not viable anymore (Force of will cost 5 mana rather than 6 but they dont have charge anymore and they dont die at the end of the turn) As summoning 3 2/2s for 5 mana is shit nobody uses that spell anymore

And Leper Gnome is 1/1 rather than 2/1 and Big Game Hunter now cost 5 mana because most decks had BGH back then (some even had 2)

Blizzard is fucking shit, no surprises there. Even if you do enjoy Hearthstone it is obvious they don't know a single thing about card balance and class balance. Priest is dead in HS (Rogue too to a lesser extent), it was for the longest time because Blizz are fucking retarded chimps who don't see the problem of Priest not having good 2 drops. Purify is just the icing on the shit cake, that card personifies Blizzard.

How can people like this god awful fucking game, I tried it out when it first came, and it was OK, last week i decided to install it again after falling for some advertisements

I played a few matches to realize every single fucking card printed now just has the word 'Random' on it. Every fucking effect in the game seems to be nothing more than some sort of randomly generated effect

I understand why this is because in MTG they always print one or so big choatic red spells every set which they say is for the casual ass kitchen table magic player.

As it would seem the entire playerbase of hearthstone is casual faggots, because this game has absolutely no semblance of any skill required, just hope your 5 gem shitter randomly spawns your faggot self aa 10 gem legendary.

This kind of shit burns me up inside

I really don't see why Hearthstone esports is even a thing.

as much as I dislike casulstone, this is not p2w. You can get all the cards for free so it's not p2w you retard.

That's not what p2w is.
In order to get those cards for free, you need to grind a fucking lot.
Odds are high you'll be playing against somebody that has paid to have access to those cards without grind.
They have gained a substantial advantage against you thanks to paying and in a card-game, where the cards you have are everything, they are likely to win thanks to it.
Eventually, after many hundreds of matches, you'll catch up. And then they'll release more cards and the cycle will begin anew.

Second post first thread:

Oh boy I think Reddit spacing is not a coincidence.

Dont you have to pay to play against the AI? I don't understand that. I can understand paying for packs, people will buy those for sure.

Technically it would be paid mission packs but really it is not worth as a mission pack.
It is solely to get cards.

I think the gimmicks are fun even though sometimes it's all up to one specific build or luck to actually win.

Maybe in your head. I must be one of the few players still playing Control Warrior (the grinder version that usually goes to fatigue), because every single Warrior I face is either Dragon (90% of the time) or OTK Combo.

That's because Zoolock is just too damn eficient: sticky creatures that usually trade very well on a class that doesn't run out of fuel.

Aggro Shaman lost part of its spark when Crackle rotated out, although efficient healing was also taken out of the game (Antique Healbot).

Do you know why that's fucking bullshit?

Because the only way to get in-game currency is by winning games against other people. The quests that give gold are overwhelmingly of the 'win 3 games as X' type and they are only applicable to games against other players. Not only is it pay2win, it's also win2win.

That was never a thing, ever, outside of Total Asscancer or other streamers doing "gimmicky" stuff. There aren't 30 good legendaries in this game to justify forfeiting spells and just plain efficient minions to accomodate them.

Dragon Priest, for a long time the onlyu viable dragon-themed deck, was bottom-tier trash since Priest lost Lightbomb; until the release of Kharazan, Dragon Warrior was the only viable Dragon deck, and it barely uses dragons at all (it mostly runs "dragons" to activate Alexstraza Champion and BW Corruptor). Other classes tried Dragon decks but they were inevitably shit, like Dragon Shaman (only good for the Elemental Destruction + Volcanic Dragon combo) or Malylock (made inviable since it lost Dark Bomb).

If anything, all classes in HS except Priest now have at least two very different archetypes that work reasonably, depending on the meta.

Strifecro was having a good time using a Control Mage list specifically targeted to be efficient against aggro decks.

what the fuck else would you suggest? to get all cards for free?
there is always arena if you are too retarded to make a cheap viable ladder deck.

And just to make it clear, I think the game is shit, but not because muh p2w.
git gud fgt

What are some online good card games, especially for mobile? I tried Magic 2015, but the meager content costs too much money, the interface is terrible garbage and those tight time limits are absolutely uncomfortable. Mabinogi Duel is nice and not pay2win (even though it's published by Nexon), but it gets dull after some time as it isn't that deep. Yu-Gi-Oh was good at some point, but I hate the new mechanics.

Use the Duelyst model where you get all cards for 50 euro. Sadly Blizzard are jews and wont do that

Shadowverse is ok and there is also Pokémon TCG Online but i never played it myself

heartstone is the digital equivalent of selling crack.
fuck blizzard.

I'm currentlu playing both HS and Magic Duels to get my fix of card games, and I have to say, I like Magic system better: you usually have to win only 2 or 3 games a day to complete a quest plus get a bunch of gold and purchase one booster plus have a surplus (so at the end of a week, you can actually purchase 10+ boosters with little time investment). And every pack you purchase progresses your collection, you don't get more cards than the highest amount you can use on decks (4 copies of common cards, 3 uncommon, 2 rare, 1 mythic), meaning that there's no need for a disenchanting mechanic; you know exactly how much time of grinding you need to complete your collection. Besides, it's Magic, which has a much more refined gameplay than HS. And you can grind against the CPU if your deck is still shit.

Allow trading and get rid of this retarded system where the most powerful cards are all epic/legendary. Act like other TCGs. Suddenly people will be able to actually compete with a bunch of viable decks they can get quickly.

If someone is too retarded to make a good Constructed deck, they'll certainly crash and burn in Arena.

I like Magic Duels (not the "Magic [CURRENT YEAR]" games). The launch was pretty abysmal, the game barely worked, but they fixed most of the grievances by now, and it has a fair amount of content (the Origins, Battle for Zendikar, Oath of the Gatewatch, Shadows of Innistrad, and Eldritch Moon sets, and and think that they'll keep releasing the new paper sets on it as long as the game goes on).

Dude, other card games are exactly the same. If anything, HS have some good baseline basics/common cards (like 4/5 Yeti, 5/6 Pit fighter, 6/7 Ogrre) that you can make competitive decks without any Epics/Legendaries (Zoo, Hunter, Aggro Paladin).

Besides, trading online cards enables a whole new basket of problems, including monopoly/hogging up and the use of real money to buy stuff (I quit paper MtG because I literally couldn't trade any card that wasn't part of the flavor-of-the-month deck, and it became easier to purchase cards from the internet than purchase booster packs and trade cards with other players).

Like I said before, I like the Magic Duels system better (purchasing booster packs looks more like taking steps towards the goal of completing a collection than just trying my luck and getting frustrated), but I remember a quick forray I had with Magic Online (which has a trade mechanic) and it was absolutely terrible.

Granted, I only know in deepth a couple of TGC (Magic and Yugioh, mostly, and I never really played YGO outside the GBA/PSP games), but I'm under the impression that at no point in the history of these card games you had "a bunch of cheap, competitive decks". I mean, take MtG for instance: the only time I remember having a competitive deck with barely any rare cards on it was UG Madness during the Invasion/Odissey Standard block (the only rare cards it used were the blue/green pain lands, and those were kinda optional). It still would usually be crushed by UGR Opposition and Psychatog, both which had a bunch of rare cards on them. When I stopped following MtG, the best deck available was Caw Blade, which ran 4 Jace TMS (a mythic rare card). Yugioh always had its best cards to be Super Rare, Ultra Rare, or bullshit like that.

Havign " a bunch of cheap, viable decks" was never a reality in ANY TGC I know.

I tried getting into this game thinking the grind probably isn't that bad if I just play a couple of games everyday. So I complete most of the solo stuff, read up on game theory, and make some basic decks.

I win a few casual games and do some quests, but I hear ranked is more balanced so I go for that. Then I reach rank 20 and I can't even win more than one match every five games as everyone has cards and synergies that are obviously more valuable than the starter decks which supposedly work just fine. No, fuck this, you can't even grind in this game. Don't listen to anyone saying that this shit's about skill, this game is rigged and not worth it.

I swear, every time I played a blizzard product the jewery is honed to such perfection that it ruins the game so masterfully I end up depressed.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that it doesn't really matter. People that love grinding will do it anyways and have fun with it, some people play every Monster Hunter for 400 hours despite it being basically the same fucking thing every time.

I played HearthStone for a week, and left when I saw the amount of grind. People that don't want it will stop playing, people that like it will waste their time on it.
Who cares
At least it's not as bad as magic online

at least heroes of the storm isn't p2w, the only thing wrong with that game is that it's terrible.

Basically this, Hearthstone is only "worth" playing for adventures, and those are overpriced.

Brawls can be okay too, but that is usually because they use constructed decks and can do some fun shit mechanically..

The actual PvP is cookie cutter as hell, but then again, most "Competitive" card games are, still encountering gimmick decks is fun.

user, they do that "DUMB AND SILLY" thing with EVERYTHING Warcraft Hearthstone touches.

I mean, they have fucking Hogger as a Old God, and don't forget Raid Leader and Leeroy Jenkins that have been in since release.

Dude memes lmao

>user, they do that "DUMB AND SILLY" thing with EVERYTHING Warcraft Hearthstone touches.

Remember that HS is supposedly the Warcraft characters playing a card game over the fireplace in an inn. It's not like they are violating some deep Warcraft canon or some shit like that. If you want a game with a "serious" story told by the cards, then Magic is more up to your alley (whether you like the story and characters or not, that's another point).

Overwatch is good too.

It's not pay to win though. I have never paid for anything in this game and I have a large collection of cards, played all the adventures and I still enjoy the game every day.

I paid nothing yet I win constantly, user.

Well there's the Gwent standalone coming up, though they seem to be keeping the awful interface for it and it's probably going to end up an even more casual game than Hearthstone.

Uh, duh? Welcome to T/CCGs both vidya and real, OP.

Funny thing, though, digital means you don't deal with the issue of printing and distributing the actual physical cards, so those costs don't exist. The only reason they are still on the previous model is just so they can kike around like they've been doing the past decade.