A lovely excerpt from Dan Golding's "The Game Changers: From Minecraft to Misogyny."

media.8ch.net/file_store/c09be5bc61101f207f0d7d8488e736b3e38bf1df30f1a1c993e3630efce0a4f1.pdf

If you're interested in reading the book, please by all means. Now you're going to ask, who is Dan Golding? Well, he's a member of the think-tank called DiGRA, a feminist academic group that "specializes" in analysis of the video game industry and community. Dan Golding posted on Tumblr the smoke that set out the fire of "Gamers are Dead" article which cited his colleague in DiGRA, Adrienne Shaw, who happened to wrote the "How the Gamer Must Die" paper from years back. Here is one of the excerpt of his book. Enjoy!

Other urls found in this thread:

dangolding.tumblr.com/post/101639865598/some-things-i-shouldve-said
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump. This is something that needs to be seen, and it's getting slid suddenly by a shitload of inane threads.

(((They))) are already trying to shut it down.

Not going to bump it a second time. Thread's dead. Jews win, Holla Forums has no fucking fight left in em.

Sage goes in all fields.

BUMP BUMP, BUMPITY BUMP!

Who cares about a book full of bullshit? This isn't a GG board.

Diggers don't need to wade through this self fellating crap to learn of possible connections that might be compromising to them if made public or lead to fresh info.

Of what use is this to mention it here?

y-you too

Do you know what does it mean?

Fuck off Holla Forums.

Summarize this book to me in three words.

Tolietpaper Degree Memoir

You mean, fuck off oldfag. A oldfag who watched the whole debacle occur on 4chan when this started. A oldfag who's seen every twist and turn that's happened along the way.

I remember still when Holla Forums and Holla Forums worked in tandem. When the boards came together to create Viv. And I watched as false flagging hit, and drove the boards once again apart, just like it was on 4chan.

I watched our old site burn to the ground, while a new fire was starting here. I spoke, telling people what I saw. On Holla Forums, it's ' Fuck off Holla Forumsirgin. '. On here, it's ' Fuck off stormfag '.

You can't see what they've done to us. Their divide and conquer tactics worked. And now, they are moving in for the kill.

So yeah. I'll fuck off. I'll watch as Holla Forums becomes like 4chan, and burns in the same way. And this time, after the fires die down, I'll be reminding you fuckers that all of this has happened before, and will happen again.

Either fight, or repeat your damn cycle. Your choice.

Keep your smug anime faces. I'm going back to lurking. Screencapping for the ' I told you so ' moment we'll be having in a year. I'll break out my smugs then too. :^)

Scary shit, OP.

But 8/v/ is at its lowest nowadays, mostly ASSFAGGOTS players and goons who genuinely believe misoginy exists.

Oh look. Gamers are dead again.

You can tell by the way this faggot writes that he has his head shoved up his ass (and probably enjoys it up there)

Of course his head is shoved up his ass, look at his diction choices, he pretends to be loquacious when in reality his formatting just looks like a highschool paper done overnight with a glossing of a thesaurus to check for smart-sounding synonymous. Anyone who uses the phrase "temper tantrum" and uses bullshit as a verb unironically needs not only an editor but also a reevaluation of their choice to publish in the first place, my post was more level headed and intellectually stimulating than that hack, the only difference is that I don't take sloppy 22'nds

What the fuck was gamergate even
Like I know it's something about some hambeast fucking 5 guys and there were lots of threads about it that I ignored for like 2 or 3 years ago but what the fuck was it even about

Please go back to 4cuck.

Misogyny. Also raep.

Kill All Men

more like dan gelding

Also, the fact that he used butt-fucking Minecraft as the supposed starting point on this supposed road to misogyny shows just how loose his grasp of gaming culture is.

(bullshit as a verb is bad, but butt-fucking as an adjective is a-ok, right? :^) )

This is the group responsible for a lot of the bullshit propaganda in games now, both in AAA and in the indie scene.

However with the way the industry is, I don't think there's much to save anymore.

Still, if you don't know this, and recognize this group's influence, nothing gets better.

Moot was replacing mods with tumblr fuckers, a bunch of videogame jornos promoted depression quest at the same time, people figured out a 6 way was going on with the devs and writers/editors that promoted it (5-guys), moot censors threads on Holla Forums, he is revealed to have gone to an anita sarkeesian meeting with her gf, she fucks other men, independence day 2014 raid earlier lead to possibly a potential relative to one of the leaders of insider organization that all the editors/jornos/devs happened to be a part of and pressures moot to silence everything, possible gf influence. Girl that's a part of shadow org cons a game-jam group, leads to wizard-chan being targeted by group when news of said conning was revealed, gamers are dead articles released same day from all corrupt videogame jorno sites, moot leaves 4can, hulk sues gawker which was part of shadow group, gg people get ads cut from many jorno sites, potential alphabet org involvment, many sites adopt new jorno standards

i know IGN did, but who else?

I don't remember off the top of my head, I think the escapist
Also movieblob was fired, so that too.

It's hilarious how GamerGate still rustles SJW jimmies even years later. It doesn't even have to do anything anymore.

Don't forget the CON leaks.

aGGers are literally pedophile criminals.

No, it actually shows they have an agenda. In case you haven't notice, the leftists have been trying to raise an entire generation of white kids with ingrained guilt of misogyny and racism. Minecraft is just that thing almost every white kid has been exposed to in one stage or another in their early life. This is quite literally "your mum" tier reasoning where you're now a satan worshiper who have weekly orgies and don't obey your parents because you played games.

Of course, its like you wouldnt want "buttfucking" to represent your mastery and finesse of the English language. Considering the fact that he had literally as much time as he can muster to ensure an accurate and well informed use of said skill; as well as the style and tone of he novel and character as an author in general considering the fact that it's a self published, independent work.
I'd argue that wound be the most indicative of his virtues in wordcrafting.

We've known that ultra-libs support pedophilia since that new York times op-ed back in 2012. Why does the name sarah-nyberg/shrsbutts and that picture of a dog's face behind a plywood board come to mind?

I am just here for the lolz.

Well too bad the creator of minecraft uncucked himself lol

Apart of me thinks that many devs might be uncucked but the pressure from execucktives don't allow them to do what they want until they have fuck you money like he does.

Calm down. We're still here.

Except the kids who "grew up" on minecraft are either already inundated to this whole mess or they're still growing up. You can't shame enough people for something they themselves have actively participated in, you have to target those who's opinions on the topic you're trying to shame can still be molded, hence why soccor moms were taught to hate games in the 90s and abolition of jim crow was only successful when we had almost a full century after the American civil war.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Those kids are still growing yes. When they have done growing up, they will wonder why their society labels them as misogynist by default and the leftist will point to these (((studies))) to say the truth has been set in stone long ago. This is eerily similar to how the holocaust came about.

Admit it, Holla Forums, you're pretty much just the kikes' biggest fanclub.

worst part is that these kind of people seek institutional power, academia and government, like flies to shit.
propaganda and lawfare.

Well, Godwin point aside, you're mostly right. From articles it seems the current generation is more far-right than both gen x and the boomers as a realisation of all this. None of the guilt propaganda makes any sense if you're have any critical thinking skills.

Don't fall for demoralisation trolls, m8.

It reminds me of that excerpt from some manifesto. How leftists aren't moral but only seek to feed their insatiable lust for power. This is why they're so hell bent on censorship worse than the the fundies of the 90s and they more or less always have been despite claims of the opposite.

I think Gamergate did become the same as progressives in their obsession with fighting them. Do I think games are sexist or racist? No. I don't believe in sexism and racism. I think if a person is so weak and pathetic that they can't acknowledge themselves and need someone else to do it, that makes them human trash. I'm bi but I don't scream "LOOK AT ME". Now they assume that lacking representation in games means sexism. They assume that if it's a specific character written in a specific way it's sexism. I'll say the same thing that anons say to anons that keep yelling "vidya is dead". Make your own god damn game! You can make it as progressive and whatever else as you want and people that want to play it will spend money on it. And if your game is hot garbage like Flynt's game, it will be shat on. If it's decent, people will defend the people that say it's a game made by a tranny or whatever else.

Except when you're told something that goes against your belief, your belief may actually be strengthened instead of swayed, libs know this very well because they live it. You can't just simply tell a 12 year old kid that that fun game they're playing is racist and expect them to go with it, you have to go through years of indoctrination (a lot of this stems from college hippy-era professors who still believe in marx and collectivist fantasies), just yelling at people doesnt change them, you have to literally initiate them into the cult of radical liberalism

If you run with your points further out, these kids would turn out to be the last generation of people who don't think gaming makes misogyny. Uninformed parents will take these studies as gospel and next generation kids will know no better because people in society at large reinforces these as norms.

Let's use the holocaust again. How many people who didn't arrive to the conclusion Holla Forums did with some critical thinking would be able to do it via just social persuasion or community based thinking?

I'm marginally worried.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Don't you want the latest and greatest product available to you go- I mean anonymous?

Not even a little, so hopefully it's just me not adjusting well to old PC controls than anything.

Contrary to what the nu-male author says in the OP - who planted CP on Holla Forums boards and also claimed TotalBiscuit "had an axe to grind with minorities" - GG is what propelled the existence of radfem/progressive/SJWs into the mainstream culture. Before then, both the mainstream right and left rarely addressed the scourge. Credit where credit is due, even though he might've been controlled op., Milo and his connections helped catapult it into the political realm. You've got the resurgence of the right among the youth, the fragmenting of the left, and the complete contempt for these harpies from those who haven't swallowed the Kool-Aid.

Not an argument. A fight is a fight. Want them to be obsessed less? Then they're not devoted to winning.

If you want to say GG became the same as progressives, then point to how they started adopting the similar desire to "virtue signal" in a naive attempt to gain sympathy from the same press they were fighting. Anyone who went through GG and still thinks the mainstream media can be changed through a PR campaign hasn't learned a damn thing. All PR goes through the media. People engage in doublethink when they say they don't trust the media, yet they still rely upon them to get the news, even if it's not by directly visiting their sites.

How do you "be gross" to somebody? It's a fucking adjective.

The flaw with extrapolating the current situation is that we currently have the uninformed generation in a general position of authority over those who are informed. Once the era of mainstream videogames fully matures, suddenly we have a generation that is much more fully informed about the topic at hand as compared to the previous generation. You'll see the scare tactics and shit from videogames fade just like the weed scare in the first half of the 20th century, the anti-cartoon sentiment after the simpons, etc. The videogame industry is already staggeringly similar to the movie industry and we'll see it treated like such come a moderate length of time

Rhetoric is learned first. Followed by logic, then grammar.

I can use philosophical notions to base it upon. They stared at the abyss too long. Some say it's okay because it's a fight. Gamergate started becoming something annoying to me. Hearing people mention how great or useful they are or people complaining about it, I'm surprisingly sick of both. Noah Caldwell-Gervais keeps complaining about gamergate and it's becoming more and more obnoxious. maybe it's just that I prefer taking a more Holla Forums-like side where I consider that the majority of games are shit to begin with and there's nothing worth saving. Just waiting for a company that's neither AAA nor indie to make something decent.

Reddit lingo I understand, but reddit spacing? That's grasping at straws, user.

Any movement that exists for too long gets coopted by extreme elements that ultimately misrepresent the original idea of the movement. Stuff like occupy, (it was already collectivist shit to begin with but that got fucking cucked big time) the vietnam antiwar protests, basically any media organization, political parties

Your situation would only come to pass however if the media doesn't maintain the notion of what qualifies as "mainstream gaming" along with the West remaining as the only powerhouse in games production. Unlike movies though, games don't have a "hollywood" to keep acceptable games centralized. This is a very good thing.

Otherwise, we'll see the thing that we see even on Holla Forums where newfags have no idea what makes a good game until they get a lot of second hand information from oldfags or go play some older games first hand.

If no one maintains or knows the concept of games as it is now not being misogynistic in nature, soon no one would be in the know of why older games are considered misogynistic to begin with. Note why they have been trying to change mainstream gaming so much, even against the suit's wishes of making more money by pandering to PC.

Definitely this. But it's not just education but the whole media. Everything is basically lefty now but I see very young kids turning to the right not because of critical thinking like us. It's because society is so fucked now that conservative values somehow became the only way for them to be rebellious youths.

As for the very notion of guilt and the modern left, instead of us being more like "progressives" like others have suggested, it's more like the "progressives" have become indistinguishable from the religious fundamentalists. Think about it, they're both essentially censoring the same exact things and their they both shilled guilt propaganda like original sin. To summarise, they're both insane, absolute nutters. Nobody with intelligence and critical thinking skills could actually believe the bullshit they were spewing.

It's more like Holla Forums and Gamergate hasn't really changed a bit. Outside the gross violations of integrity we've uncovered after the ridiculous video game awards awarding GOTY to an essentially non-game to fulfill an agenda and push politics where it doesn't fucking belong in addition to where we've found an extreme web of dirty nepotism and literally sleeping your way to the top faux journalism and a corrupt gaming industry and of course through the recent leaked CON chatlogs, things really haven't changed in decades on our end. We challenged the religious fundamentalists in the 80s and 90s because they were censoring our "problematic" video games, cursing/bad words, and over-sexualisation. We're challenging the left now because they are censoring our "problematic" video games, cursing/bad words, and over-sexualisation. Some things never change.

That's a jew.
That's also a jew.

Every time.

It's not just some media, user. The whole social system works that way. I have a simplified diagram of how it works.

Dear God

I'm amazed we escaped it at all.

What kind of oldfag declares himself as an old fag? the attention whore kind

Cultural Marxist Poison.

digra is not a think tank. Golding also claims he has never been a member dangolding.tumblr.com/post/101639865598/some-things-i-shouldve-said

since he has never been a digra member, shaw isn't really a colleague. And in the post I liked to above he also claims to have never met her.

worse than ISIS

It's fucking laughable that they think we're going away or that we somehow proved their point when they can barely muster up a dozen actual examples of people who were "victims" of GamerGate, when it was apparently a massive industry event that exposed "institutional sexism"

Delusional cunts. We had nothing to lose and we gained everything. They had everything to lose and they did.

Is there a gamergate-wiki somewhere with proper citations? This shit is getting more complex than I can and care to keep memorized, yet I think it would be important to store all the evidence of the radical humanists' crimes for the day when need arises.

Well, they do believe that if you fight your enemies they win.

Hi DAN!

You guys might get shilled hard.
Take both of these, and remember to report, filter, and ignore off-topic posts; along with those that reply to off-topic posts.

Sadly, if Trump doesn't win in november, expect shit like DIGRA and common core to be FORCED upon everyone in the next eight years, and then, it will be too late to save our society

Every day I wake up and thank god that I'm white.

who is dan?

every time, like clockwork

EVERY TIME

you know those were made up by leftards and never really existed in the first place, right? or did your fedora cut off the bloodstream to your brain?

The CON Trello leaks are going to be a fun appetizer when the madness of the elections reaches its climax.

Its the jews.

Also by the way the pdf is dead so please do not bump this thread from page 15, remake it if you must,