FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Brandish, etc) thread

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for a September 6 release (NA), November 11 (Europe)
- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)
- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) will being its service soon, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure
- Akatsuki just started its open beta, you can register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )
- Rean's new design for Cold Steel III revealed on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+: i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg
- Trails of Cold Steel III release date for Japan should be Septermber 2017, PS4 version confirmed, Vita port may or may not happen

- Xanadu Next Western PC release… soon?
- Tokyo Xanadu confirmed for a 2017 Western release along a PC port
- Improved PS4 version with new content (Tokyo Xanadu Ex+) to be released soon for Japan
- Possible tease for a new Xanadu game on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (Xanadu Next OP appears on a screen): i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg (Tokyo Xanadu II?)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana just got released on Japan, extremely well received and selling at a higher rate than Seven and Celceta
- Ys VIII for PS4 to be released on Japan next year; this version was made for the West so maybe we'll start hearing about a Western release by then

- Tom talks about Trails to Zero and Azure release:

xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/so-with-3rd-and-cs2-coming-out-soon.29093/

- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteer?

Don't forget to support their games!

You do know Japanese, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg
blog.honeyfeed.fm/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-musical-full-cast-revealed/
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind
poal.me/ihftln
twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/775915487473434625
youtube.com/watch?v=h3Mt-gEEHzs
youtube.com/watch?v=gVdXAzMJ3GI
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html
archive.is/Rcd5o
steamspy.com/app/251290
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12365.120
legendofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Lysander
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/781982306093371392
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>- Possible tease for a new Xanadu game on Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (Xanadu Next OP appears on a screen): i.imgur.com/IjrV9kk.jpg (Tokyo Xanadu II?)

No mention of the tease for the Ys VIII vs. Sen Kiseki?

pic related

Had this spoiled for me:

I was afraid of this. Looks like I'll be importing my Laura save instead. Kind of glad I haven't been able to start yet now.

Yeah, well I'm worried with them changing to PS4 that they'll just default Alisa and be done with it. God that would be awful.

Also, her no longer being his teacher when they start dating would kind of take away some of the fun of pursuing it in the first place.

Or Elise.

I'd feel better with Elise than Alisa, but I'd still like a choice.

i hope they find a way to import PS3 saves to PS4

Hell, I'd be fine with something as simple as choosing an option from a list.

Goddamn, if it's an Alisa default I'm not buying it, it's bad enough she gets shoved down your throat.

Already exist they'll just use cross save

Rean what the fuck are you doing

Full cast: blog.honeyfeed.fm/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-musical-full-cast-revealed/

now that's just silly

My boner still can't get over Lady Oberstein, Lady Osbourne might just blow it out.

Boo, Jusis' guy doesn't even look that cute. Gideon and Elliot look like they have the tightest BP.

BP…?

Oh, by "BP" you mean Bacer Points! Silly you, they aren't bracers!

Just sit back and enjoy…

Will we see a Ys V remake?

never ever

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind

Does that mean there will be PC versions of Cold Steel on the way?

I don't know but

Probably not. PS4 and XBONE runs on x86 so they are easy tp port to PC. PS3 shit is not as trivial.

Only an hour in to this game and he can't be stopped!

They also said that if 3rd doesn't sell well they can't justify bringing Crossbell arc

I want to play the games and support Xseeds efforts but I'm not buying consoles just for that.

I guess that's obvious. Source anyway?

Honestly for the Crossbell games to get released, Xseed need more than just a miracle for it to happen.

Like Falcom letting Sara work on the chinese release of Azure?

So why did Xseed skip Tokyo Xanadu?

wew

Full plate would be my guess. Or they outright refused to localize the vita version and wanted to go straight to the PS4 version.

One of the Heroes of Legend hackers (not working on the Zero no Kiseki fan patch) did this PSG-to-FM conversion recently. Sounds great.

Maybe, just maybe, we might get Nayuta and Ys vs. Trails in the Sky as well. Don't forget Brandish! Not expecting any new localizations honestly, but I'd buy Nayuta and the fighter in a heartbeat.

Someone on halfchan keeps saying XSEED will only bring Zero and Ao if 3rd sells better than FC and SC, and that's just bullshit. Especially since I never heard anything of the sort from their blogs or Tom or Hatsuu. 3rd will likely do most of SC's numbers simply because the install base for SC on GOG/Steam = those who beat FC and/or supporters of the series thinking of playing it later.

I bet she'd make it work, but getting a deal with Joyoland is out of the question because XSEED can't into Chinese.

Too busy + Falcom screwed Aksys over by announcing a superior PS4 version which isn't getting a PC port. It'd be weird if XSEED brought over eX+ using their own localization, but not impossible.

They might not have had the resources to fund a PC port like Aksys did, but who knows. I doubt we'll ever learn the real reason why.

They did not even mention the game before the PS4 port was announced iirc.

What strikes me as odd is how Akiba Beat and the new Fate game got picked up very fast while both are still in development while Tokyo Xanadu was left on the table despite Xseed being self proclaimed Falcom fans.

That itself would be a miracle enough. But they need more than that.

Now that Cold Steel sales have likely peaked thanks to Vita hacking , ~3000+ pirated copies in only one week for a niche title is not good and it will only get worse.

Everything now counts on the PC releases. If 3rd bombs, I won't be surprised if its the last Trails game we get.

Wasn't Aksys's announcement *after* the eX+ announcement?

hatsuu said it was possible

Source?

Akiba's beat was probably requested. XSEED worked closely with the devs when they brought Akiba's Trip 2 over, I'd imagine they left a good impression there. On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure Berry was thinking of Akiba's Beat specifically when he was talking about PC ports - the demo that they had for the game at E3 was running on Windows 10, with an Xbox 360 controller.

As for the Fate game, it's a popular franchise and technically XSEED isn't translating - that would be Marvelous EU.

Hatsuu honestly strikes me as the type that would say anything she's remotely allowed to say to try and get as many people as possible to rally behind her for the rest of the series to get localized. Like, for how much she fangirls about the series online it's something else seeing her go on about the games IRL.

Buy Xanadu Next

It might come down to Tom not liking the game, Hatsuu caring mainly for Trails, and Ys VIII being a bigger priority assuming Falcom's giving them dibs. XSEED's gotten buddy-buddy with Acquire, explaining why Akiba's Beat got picked up quick

Just around. They had no way of knowing Falcom was going to announce it, most likely.

Still very unlikely. A new PC port is more likely, assuming XSEED's next commission foes far better than Little King's Story. We can only hope. Hatsuu didn't rule it out, that's all.

Cold Steel II isn't going to sell as much as its prequel anyway. I hope it doesn't bomb outright, and it probably won't now that ToCSI is up on subscription and has more presence than ever. FC's sales trail is still good too.

That would be a serious dick move.

No, it would be a very Japanese move. Falcom is a very, very traditional Japanese company.

Also I guess I should say that, yeah, Aksys didn't know about the PS4 port either.

They also let just about anyone license their IPs, which somehow works out but has led to weirdness like DigiCube releasing Ys I & II Eternal on PS2, and Ys Strategy. Let's not forget about the upcoming Sen no Kiseki musical!

I've never used Playstation Now, how much does it cost to play Cold Steel. Can you just buy it outright? I wonder what the split is between Sony and XSEED considering Sony is not just the one selling it but also running it on their machines and streaming it to the customer. Even if the cut isn't huge, they'll still get customers buying Cold Steel that wouldn't have due to not having a PS3 or Vita. It's the closest thing to a PC port right now.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Again, Hatsuu can be… a little over-enthusiastic sometimes.

Yeah, well, but something is better than nothing. Also Sara wants to try porting a game and she could do wonders on that Zero port.

Well, not like I don't have a huge backlog while I wait for more Trails…

Sure I'll buy it right now…. Oh wait.

Buy it when it comes out then

She's already had to rebuild a game fully from the ground up (Corpse Party PC), so I think she could try a full port now.

Now if only team grisgris would get off their ass and finish Corpse Party: Dead Patient

The dead patient demo was about a 1000 times better than that turd blooddrive.

While I'm positive it won't bomb, there's no denying that piracy will have a significant decrease in sales numbers for CSII. Perhaps enough to jeopardize the future of the console releases.

Afaik, Playstation Now doesn't have game specific sub anymore. Buying a subscription gives access to all games. For 1 month is $20. It should be enough time to finish Cold Steel.

It's kinda breaking my suspension of disbelief that nobody anywhere is commenting on the talking fucking cat.

You'll get a few scenes. There is an especially hilarious one during a Bareahard sidequest.

Just made this poll

poal.me/ihftln

This Reminds Me Of The Weird People Who Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence.

God that was kind of hard to make myself do.

CUTE

I just got to play with her, and I can already tell they're not gonna let me keep her because of how OP she is.

Yep.

You only get to keep her for the Legram/Bareahard portion. Though after that Toval and Claire leave too until (I assume) the end of the game. I didn't think Toval or Claire were all that much better than my other party members but Sharon is broken to hell and back.

How are the Mecha battles?

Pretty average, I think most would consider them boring since they follow the same formula as the fights in CS1. You attack weak spots for more damage and the enemy usually follows a pattern of attacks. The Final Boss one is probably the easiest one since you get to use two knights at once.

tedious

They need to take a page from the book of whoever designed the turn based ZOE style figths for Xenosaga 3. That's how mecha combat should feel.

Oh man, the Evergreens, Deep Ochers, etc are 25,000 Mira more expensive in this game. And given how long the money trick takes now it's not feasible for me to get a stock like last time.

HE. CAN'T. BE. STOPPED.

They say this is a tease for Ys vs CS

what a pervert

That'd be breddy good.

War killed his smile.

DAMMIT FALCOM

A-at least there will be a Spika stream

Is there a punishment for using the Retry button in Ys VI (as opposed to returning to the title and loading your game). I hate using Retry features like that because so often they punish you in some not immediately recognizable way (make the game easier, give you a worse ending) for using them. This optional boss Majunun is fucking stupid though and there's no way I'm trying to kill it without using Retries. I'm level 53 right now, not sure if I should try to get another level. I barely get any exp from enemies any more though, getting to 54 should be doable but I can't see going any higher.

Oh, no, there is none. It's part of the design.

Majunun is an optional boss and you are suppose to beat him after grinding like no tomorrow in the game, which makes no sense because after a certain level, the enmies will give you shit exp and it will take HOURS, plus you'll be so overpowered that the final boss turns into a joke.

I guess I'll go complete the game then reload my save to kill Majunun. Any recommendation on a level to grind to? Retries still suck ass because I find it pretty much impossible to ever be truly certain that the game doesn't punish you for retrying since the effects are often pretty subtle.

Seriously, there's no punishment for retrying, you need to learn the patterns first and the bosses can be hard (specially if you increase the difficulty).

The closest thing that comes to my mind are is the Trails games, and that just lowers the difficulty, plus you can turn that off.

Seems like Theta's getting a much longer time-slot at this TGS vs. previous jdk Band concerts. Let's see if they've improved…*sigh*.

And in that moment, Rean knew he fucked up.

Sharon is ridiculously overpowered, holy shit.

Oh shit. Falcom is teasing a new Brandish game.

twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/775915487473434625

What does it say?

Goats are gone over 2 weeks (?), anyone know some effective medicine for the loss of goats?

How does that relate to Brandish?

it was a ruse user, it has nothing to do with brandish.

How is Legacy of the Wizard?

It's a great game, but really short.

Been reading some of the localization blogs for Cold Steel. It gives an interesting look into the process, and I appreciate it. Wish more studios did something like it.

Just beat Ys VI. I always did like the Rock Star boss in Kirby 64.

The motorcycle in CS2 reminds me a lot of the monowheel in WA5, except in CS2 you can't go flying off ramps.

Almost finished with CS2 and I must say it is kinda crap compared to the first one

I've completed the second Operation in Act 2 and I have to say I vehemently disagree.

Geis reappearing when

Here's a better Sen III promo photo.

He was just in Ys VII, and if they do the crossover with Sen, you know he'll be playable.

What do those moonrune mean?

Rean you faggot, you pat girls heads you're already on several watchlists.

Are you thinking what am I thinking?

Dean sure looks like a faggot.

Toval pats Rean's head, does that mean he wants his onipussi?

Of course, or maybe he's doing it to teach Rean a lesson about patting too many girls' heads.

Is Kilgore supposed to be doing thousands of damage to me on nightmare or did I miss something?

WAIT WHAT AHY DID I CLICK THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS A CS 2 SPOILER FUCK

The sapphic whore Angelica needs to burn.

For all her talk she only ever, to my knowledge, bagged the girls by the church in Roer. Every other girl seems to rebuff her.

So is there any real reason for Rean not being with the imperial army besides "muh 3rd side"?

It's another Rean is a joyless cunt episode

I bet you post time skip Rean in Sen 3 is going to have no problem with drinking.

Also, the Classy Gentleman he and Sara talk about in Cedric is Cassius, right?

13 HOURS FOR THE JDK BAND / SPIKA TX EX+ TGS CONCERT STREAM WHATEVER

youtube.com/watch?v=h3Mt-gEEHzs

1 DAY 13 HOURS FOR THE SAME SHIT AGAIN

youtube.com/watch?v=gVdXAzMJ3GI

(Remember that the last one will have the new PES inbetween)

I dunno. Supposedly that guy is the one she got her love of alcohol from too and I don't remember Cassius being super into drinking. Maybe I forgot that or something.

It's going to be shit anyway

The Erebonian Civil War is a bit too civil for my tastes, tbh.

Why is Elise so terrible?

Why did they put the moving aerial attack in Oath in Felghana when it only exists to make your actual good aerial attack harder to use?

Siscons a shit.

Checked.

Duvalie should be the main of Cold Steel 3.

I would be fine with this

Even beyond siscon, Elise just rubs me the wrong way somehow, even more than Alisa in some respects.

On that I disagree. While I think Elise ranks very low on the tier-list, if they were going to force a girl on to us I'd vastly prefer Elise over Alisa.

Elise might be a shit, but I still want to protect her from that little fuccboi Patrick.

The grey/ashen knight has started to move.

What's the name of the song that plays in the memories and proving grounds in CS2? The one with some english.

Huh…based on a cursory glance…it's not in the OST. Weird…

Found it. It's because it's a remix of the Lohengrin Castle theme from the super arrange album.

Thaaaaat would explain it. Like the one time they randomly used a Trails in the Sky 3rd song in Cold Steel 1.

So this game really needs a button that takes you directly to the Airship Map, rather than making you warp to the bridge and talk to Towa.

Xanadu Next when

I agree.

On another note, the Laura confession scene was adorable.

this is not ok!

I'm the supreme gentleman.

*tips fedora*

So what the hell is the the Fire Sept-Terrion actually? A combining mecha?

Can I say "Fuck XSEED" for not releasing PC-88 games?

Don't spoil shit dude

At this point I'm amazed Xseed does Vita games in the West.

And people ask for PSP?

WHAT YEAR IS IT

You have to keep in mind that these people don't really understand how Xseed works.
If it's not asking for the Japanese Voices, its begging for the Evolution titles.

Heck, most of these guys don't even know how to say the name of the games properly. "Tales on the Sky", "Trials in the Cold Steel" it makes sense that these are the ones wanting PSP without fully understanding why it won't happen.

Thankfully they're in the vocal minority.

Yeah, I mean I'm not rich or a PC gamer either but I can play TitS on my 5 year old laptop and with a controller.

I'm just happy we're getting these games at all.

It isn't a spoiler, we have no information other than it exists and has something to do with the Knights.

Actually, you could even play the Trails games without a gamepad, just using the keyboard or a mouse, and it's comfy as fuck. I never thought playing a JRPG just with a mouse would be a good idea, but fucking Falcom prove me wrong.

What amazes me is that XSEED have been telling for a long time WHY there won't be 3rd/Zero/Ao on console (PSP/Vita port) and feels like those people don't want that information. I mean, any console fan at least would like to know the reasons, but somehow, it's like they have no idea and avoid spreading that shit.

I also feel that part of the Vita fanbase are blind Vita fanboys, I know some that get butthurt as fuck and even declare that companies porting exclusive Vita games to PC are betraying them.

Were any of these people a Trails fan back when we have no hope of any game past FC or SC? "OMG I'D DO ANYTHING TO PLAY ALL THE GAMES PLS XSEED" "Whaaaat not on PSP on 2017?? OMG FUCK YOU I'LL PIRATE THE GAME!"

Maybe because it still makes money.

Aye anyone in the West who owns a Vita is a hardcore weeb and earns my respect.

I own a Vita **tv*. Does that count?

Absolutely! Wanted to get one myself but Sony never shipped them over here.

This lost civilian at garrelia fortress is either Anton or Ricky, right? :^)

Yeeeep!

Thanks for reminding me about them too. I'm right before endgame and I'm going around to places one last time and I haven't checked in with them yet. Last time I met them they were in Roer…

I like the extra scenes you get at the end of the game with the person you spent the evening in the dorm with.

Sara's was pretty amusing (and somewhat heartwarming). Emma's is just lovely all around. I feel like she's way more canon than Alisa because of her task being intertwined with Rean in a way. I don't hate Alisa it's just that she feels forced.

Also, with all the shit that went down in Cold Steel 2 (especially at the end) it makes me hope that the chances for Zero and Ao localizations are high up there.

That was really heartwarming.

I feel it can be argued that any of the girls are more canon than Alisa, there is nothing besides her strong sense of duty that draws her out and even then Laura has her beat. Emma is intertwined with Rean through mystical bullshit. Laura has her swordsmanship which can make her and Rean fierce on the battlefield along with her sense of duty that Rean shares. Fie is a bit harder to link but I think it's more of a connection through what their families mean to each other.

I think it just comes down to who the player can identify with more, but that's difficult to do when they're written well. For me it comes down to Laura and Fie. My copy of CS2 just came in so I'm ready for this war.

I picked Fie because it was pretty obvious Jusis wasn't gonna let me near that bp

Gaius is better anyway

I'd be Fie's stallion, that's for sure.

Yeah, it's more who you like the most. But the scenes with Alisa are kind of pushing her and Rean together a bit more than the other characters.

I really do like the cast. I finished the 2nd playthrough of CS2 just now, so I'm playing SMT IV apocalypse. After that's done, I want to do a 3rd playthrough and pick someone else so I can see their extra scenes.

I already did Emma (I waifu'd Emma through both games first). Then I picked Sara because I was curious. I think I'll go with Laura next. Then maybe Fie and Alisa. Not too interested in seeing Millium.

I want to see all the (female) characters extra scenes, though, so I'll probably save where you pick them, then complete the game over and over again.

I was also very disappointed that I couldn't waifu Claire. Though… I think that might be in Sen 3. I think they'll just kind of have you go through bonding events again to pick one. Storywise there'll be some reason that everyone drifts apart.

I think Claire will be an option in Sen 3. She and Rean do seem to have some chemistry.

I hope the whole waifu shit disappears for future arcs. That's not why I play this franchise.

It's been a thing since Zero/Ao, not that most people who complain about it ever seem to know that.

So how is Osbourne alive? Is the Blaze Treasure a revival device?

Heh, you can blame Lloyd for that.

Though to me it just adds another dimension of shit to talk about. The plots are still engaging, the twists are wonderful overall. The bonding thing lets you get to know characters better. You don't HAVE to waifu anyone, either. You can choose a guy to be your best buddy. Or go it completely alone.

I definitely think she and Rean will be closer in Sen 3, considering the way shit happens at the end of 2.

Bump

I always assumed Crossbell was much smaller than Liberl in land area.

Floofy has been banned from telling the truth on NeoFag. Wonder why she had to be there for so long.

Crossbell is indeed smaller.

Wasn't Tom banned as well?

Yeah, mostly because "I hate censorship, even if it's for shit such as removing """sexualised""" loli clothes" and that's why the mods had to ban him.

From what I'm reading, NeoGaf mods have a hate-boner for XSEED. How do they dare not to censor as much as the others :^)

Speaking of censorship. Rixia's ass. WEW. LAD.

WEW.

I just did that part and gaddamn! Fully rendered Rixia is a gift.

Also the Ride Along Renne has a panty shot too.

That was great. The way her ass swung from side to side when you were climbing a ladder

Jesus.

Speaking of that part, holy fuck. It's like the game didn't even start until immediately after…you know.

The pantsu are nice, but go all the way with it if you're doing it.

Anyone got WebMs of this stuff? Really want to see it now.

Spoilers as fuck fam

Hopefully they put Rixia as the party leader otherwise it won't matter. I mean…any smart person would because Lloyd's reach is shit, disregarding the aesthetic reasons for picking Rixia.

The music is so good too.

Fuck, now I want the Cold Steel games on PC more than ever.

Let's hope that TX being ported to PC + Kondo being hopeful + most games published by XSEED to be released for PC as well means something

Put her in the support.

Obviously. She still gets to be in cutscenes and active voice though. :^^^^)

REMOVE MILLIUM

Hopefully she ages up well.

Burch's voice is grating on the ears definitely.

I think she outright says that she won't be growing any more than that. But who knows.

Really? I didn't see that part. I hung out with Fie because she is the snuggliest.

Fie is indeed the snuggliest.

But yeah, during my second playthrough for CS2 I played with max bonding points. I think in one of them Millium says she won't be getting taller (but she wants breasts like Emma's)

Is trails supposed to be some revered series? I played LOHTITS and was overwhelmed with how mediocre and lazy it seemed.

It has one of the most fleshed out worlds and some of the best characters in games, with npcs that have actual stories that play out throughout the course of the games.

The world has history, culture, politics, and there are events taking place in every part of the country that you get to experience through the games (Tits takes place in Liberl, Cold Steel takes place in the Empire of Erebonia, Ao and Zero take place in the state of Crossbell, etc), and they all relate to each other in various ways.

Sure, it may seem lazy because of the graphics, but the developers aren't really AAA. Cold Steel was their first HD console release (in 2013 in Japan).

Unless you put all your stock in graphics I don't know how you came to this conclusion. It has a great battle system, good writing, fun characters. I'd accept you thinking the plot is a little slow to start. The Trails games always take a while to get going. Hell, you could argue the first games in general are buildups to the second.

But even with that the writing quality is above almost every other JRPG.

It's about priorities.

That's definitely true for Cold Steel but Sky wrapped up nicely until the very end.

Kiiiiiind of. You stopped a thing, but it was very clear a second thing was starting, plus everything with Joshua was a total cliffhanger.

So what the fuck was Vita even trying to do with the Infernal Castle?

She said she was only interested in seeing the battle between Ashen and Azure. However she also said that she was trying to make the same thing happen in Erebonia that happened in Crossbell, with the Azure tree. I don't know what happened in Crossbell but it was supposedly all connected to her "Phantasmal Blaze" plan that was taken over by the chancellor. I don't think they've explained what the Blaze plan is and how both the tree and the castle fit into them.

Fair, I suppose.

Anyobe know where I can find a translation for the Drama CD of Trails of Cold Steel 1. Apparently they cut out a Field Study to Ymir due to time or budget, and put that plot there. That exposition in chap 7 is super clunky.

trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html

Goddamn these phantasmal mirrors. I feel almost bad for the enemies with Vita and Rixia wrecking shop.

I'm planning to run through the reverie using those only. They're great.

I also want to end a battle with Vita and Emma linked up, to hear the dialogue between them. I know Rean and Altina have one

Yeah, most I've seen are generic so far. I actually have the mirror equipped ON Emma right now because that seemed to make the most sense, though it doesn't really matter.

I'd be interested in hearing if there were any unique combinations, though.

Alright, just did it:

**Vita: Not bad….for you. (Banepost)
Emma: Uhhhh…..thank you?**

Neofag got analholocausted by Tom. And he was as unoffensive as you could get.

archive.is/Rcd5o

Rixia and Rean had a special one too where they complimented each other's swordsmanship (Laura must be steaming in some other dimension while she switches places with her). I'd hazard a guess Rean has special dialogue with all of them.

Nice. For some reason this makes me excited for CS 3. I'm pretty sure Lloyd and Rixia are going to be in it.

I have no idea why developers and localizers visit that site. It's a cesspool.

It's likely going to be about the liberation of Crossbell, so I'd imagine most of that cast will be in it. Falcom tends to be devious about hiding asset cost across games: they didn't render all of that scenery in Crossbell for nothing.

I think they also said that Sky characters will be in as well.

I'm honestly over the moon about it. I can't wait to see all the characters when they're older.

This is one of the two game series that I know of (the other is Yakuza) that actually sticks with one world and returning characters, who grow older and change with it. It's something I kinda wish more series did but at the same time, it's a special thing about Trails.

I have a bunch of predictions (mostly centered on Rean) about the game too. I'm going to go crazy once it's released in 2017 for Japan and we have to wait for localization.

Because of PR and to reach new customers. Thing is neofags don't buy games.

>MC is a tomboy "stronk indapendant womyn" but it didn't raise any red flags for me YET
>The second town you visti is rulled by a Jewess drawn as an arian of course, nobody likes hook noses
>The Student council president making a cross dressing theater play nothing out of the ordinary considering it's a Jap game
TEAR DOWN GENDER NORMS
>Her cucked teachers loved it

I'm a provisional military officer with the Crossbell government.

Ice fucking cold. I am really digging the tone shift.

I'm betting the primary setting for CSIII is west Erebonia, which they've been practically screaming about the whole end of this game. In fact, much like Ymir in CS1, there WERE supposedly going to be a few west Erebonian places you could go in CS2, but the Vita version put the kibosh on it.

But yeah, I definitely think that's where the bulk of the game will be. We'll also deal with those two army generals who just kinda showed up in the story but never really got do anything too. Also, recall that west Erebonia is the part that shares a border with Liberl.

I'm not saying the liberation of Crossbell won't be in the game, but I do not think most of the game will take place there.

Cross-dressing was for fetish purposes. The girl who says it is just getting sexual pleasure out of it and using that word as an excuse. It's also treated for comedy rather than actually something acceptable.

Also keep in mind this game was made in 2004, long before SJWs were a thing. Also the "bad guy" of Sky 1 isn't that bad, he was just taken on a ruse cruise and made bad calls.

Wait until he meets Claire again. He rips her heart out and it becomes pretty clear from her reaction she is very much in contention for the Rean-bowl.

I know the cross dressing stuff ain't so SJWish and the character does state that she merely intended to do that just for keks, but still… seing that shit after all i've had to dealt with in "le current year", to say it in their words, kinda triggered me, as if dealing with their ilk had given me some sort of autistic PTSD when you stare at the abyss…
i just wanna shut down my brain and enjoy some good old, by the book, cliche ridden generic JRPG but i just can't

It's like i have a little Führer on my shoulder pointing out and making me notice all the SJW tier subversion i had never noticed until then
The ride never ends

And that's Cold Steel II done.

Ultimately I enjoyed it more than Cold Steel 1. I had a lower play time, primarily due to there being fewer opportunities to see new NPC dialogue overall. The final dungeon definitely felt thrown in. It's design was pretty lazy (random floors), and seemed mostly designed to be as grind-friendly as possible for new game plus. The final boss even said the whole ordeal was pointless. The best thing about it was the phantasmal mirrors, which justified the dungeon by themselves. I managed to buy all of them by dungeon's end and wasted the rest of my money. I decided that money/sepith will the sacrifice I make for NG+. But considering I'll be carrying over levels, items, book data, quartz and slot levels, it's not like I actually need money or septih anyway.

I thought the ending was good and melancholy and nostalgic at the same time, which is fitting given I've spent well over 100 hours with these characters. It also didn't leave on the cliffhanger this time, but more of a promise to return, which made it less painful. I'm certainly eager to see where it goes, but I know there's probably going to be a significant timeskip.

Also, given the way the game ends they can easily just start the Reanbowl anew in CS III with no import at all, as Rean doesn't stay with any girl or guy he might pick and while it certainly seemed like he and Laura were dating in my game…kinda…the fact remains they're going their separate ways at the end regardless. So you could pretty much blank-slate CS III if you wanted. I don't see much chance of them forcing anyone on you.

Thanks. It's really awkward how much they reference the trip in two considering it was cut and only really shown in a drama cd.

I'm hoping it's Western Erebonia as well. If it's still eastern I'd be irritated. Would probably still love it though. I need to see Duke Cayenne's place at least.

This was the part that made me wish she was waifuable. Immediate heartbreak when she cut herself off from calling out to him. It's what makes me believe she's going to be waifuable in 3. And she'll probably be the closest to him at the start, and have the most regret about Rean becoming an Ironblood (I mean, he most likely will become a full-fledged Ironblood given that he'll be in the employ of the chancellor) called the Ashen Chevalier that is getting mixed up in the chancellor's schemes

I also think that Rean is going to have seen or done a lot of "lesser evils" for better outcomes during the time that is skipped and it's going to weigh on him a lot.

>(I mean, he most likely will become a full-fledged Ironblood given that he'll be in the employ of the chancellor)

Officially, he's working for Rufus

I thought he was officially working for the Intelligence Division, aka Lechter.

I don't know how expensive it is to TL and port a Trails game but jesus it will need more than 50k sales. Especially when Falcom themselves don't care about PC anymore.

Looking at Steamspy is just depressing.

steamspy.com/app/251290

I always buy JRPGs at full price so I do my part.

But just knowing that shit like Watchdogs 2 and Mafia 3 will sell millions pisses me of.

That's the power of marketing, man. If Trails had that sort of marketing budget and was on one of the E3 press conferences or some shit it would sell more. Trails and Ys have done pretty well through word of mouth I'd say.

Yeah I learned about Falcom a few years ago through a forum somewhere.

I like to talk about this series whenever I can. It's hard for folks to play games they don't know even exist. There's not much advertising.

Holy shit the music in the Terra Shrine trial area.

All Shrine trial areas.

It's here though:

holy shit, rip Celdic ;_;7

SC is being sold on Gog and Psn, it obviously surpassed 50k

Also XSeed knows that releasing a new Trails means that the previous ones are going to increase its sales, and they count with that money to release the next game.

Also CS I and II are easy as fuck to port.

Just stay positive and buy the games. If you are really afraid of bad sales, go and shill the games as much as possible

Oh c'mon Fie. If you were Laura's dad, you absolutely destroy Sara's pussy.

Also, pro tip: one you unlock the "memories" section by beating the game, if you kept a save right before the dorm scene you can then load that save, do the dorm scene with another character you qualified for and then save as soon as you can on the courageous and then go back to the title, you can then view their epilogue scenes in the memories section too without having to play through the ten hours of game between them. Definitely a nice feature.

Damn. I didn't even know that. Will definitely do that.

You're right

POSITIVE ENERGY

Everyone buy Falcom games!

Her homeroom event is great.

Having watched all of them, I can confidently say that Laura's is the cutest, though. Seeing the series character go into clingy girlfriend mode is adorable.

YOU CAN'T LEARN JAPANESE

Yeah, I fully agree. I like Emma a lot but Laura's is great, because it's a completely different side of her.

Towa and Fie > all

I'm only at the stopover day after arresting Duke Albarea though, so I haven't seen any of the final scenes.

I want a captain Towa figure or plushie. Or both.

Would you hot glue a Towa? :^)

Towa's final scenes are disappointing if you ask me. Fie's are pretty cute, though, even if they aren't quite as explicitly romantic as some.

I don't care if I have to wait a few years. Dem older ladies, man.

Nah, I wouldn't.

I'd give her head pats

The Reanbowl is going to be another war at the end. Erebonia just can't stop with these wars.

Which six of Rean's prospective wives will get which remaining Divine Knights?

Obviously Alfin gets Testa-Rossa, as it syncs with her bloodline.

xseed plz

FYI, Rean's English voice actor is taking unvoiced line requests.

December is summer in Australia.

The games are on sale on Gog right now for +3 days

Also SC is at 30th and FC at 59th on the popular ranking

Fie a shit

No, you are the ball licker.

You a shit.

Who cares guys, when the TitS characters reappear on CS III we all know those will be the bestest of the roster

But Estelle, Tita and Kloe are all taken. The only one left is Schera. I mean, she's pretty good, but she's kinda just gypsy Sara.

Her parents literally treat him that way, with her mom telling him to stay away from her daughter.

Someone hasn't played Sc I see

Well, with Falcom's fetish for non-blood-related-siblings fucking it's definitely possible.

Yes I have. Someone doesn't know about 3rd.

I don't get it

user..I…

HE DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I guess I must be as oblivious as Rean is when he and Alfin escaped the Pantagruel and ran into her. Specifically when Rean batted her away and Alfin got all flustered. Was it because he presented her ass to Altina?

Americans don't know anything about aristocracy. Fucking your relatives comes with the job description.

Can't just fuck a commoner.

Joshua and Estelle aren't aristocracy.

It was because he snuck into her room while she was asleep and then aggressively patted her head, and Alfin thought that was way too lewd.

Why couldn't we have gotten Altina instead of Millium?

I enjoyed her phantasmal mirror.

Also, Millium gets jealous of her if you choose Millium for the final bonding event.

You probably won't be able to waifu any of them

I wonder if you can bro it up with Joshua though.

I would be very upset.

Ready for Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu?

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12365.120

Unless Alfin was using some witch magic she wouldn't have known that. I guess I'm just being too nitpicky about this. Rean is just too pat happy for his own good, regardless.

Altina basically said that Rean snuck into her room with untoward intentions. Which made Alfin flustered.

Altina calls Rean a pervert for running away with Alfin after he already broken into her room. So Alfin hears about that and claims Rean really is too lewd.

I remember it being something along the lines of, "My suspicions about you were true" or something unless I just mashed through the text.

Yeah you're right.

"My suspicions outlining you as an indecent person seem to have been confirmed"

After that, Alfin just assumes that Rean did something to Altina, and calls him indecent because Altina seems younger than her.

Well, Alfin DOES have lewd thoughts running through her head a lot of the time. Especially about Rean, so I guess it's a bit justified why she would assume such things.

She's Olivert's sister. It's to be expected.

She's heavily influenced by Olivert, but has her own twist on it. It's one of the reasons I really like her.

According to the wiki, Thomas Lysander (Instructor Thomas) is supposed to be a member of the Dominion in the Gralsritter. Basically just like Kevin from SC and 3rd, Apparently his Squire is Rosine? What? When was this revealed?

legendofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Lysander

I must have missed this in ToCS2.

Unless this is something that happens in the epilogue of NG+. I've played NG+ up until the epilogue. I really should finish it and have a guest character party in the reverie.

Tell me anons, will PS Vita ever get an emulator? I'm playing through Ys Seven right now and having fun, but it would suck if the series ended for me there. Buying a Vita just to play one game would be pointless though.

The Vita, contrary to popular belief on here, has enough games to justify a purchase, but you'd want to go to the Vita thread and do some more research if you're not completely sold.

Thomas is the fucking Second Dominion. He's a huge deal.

You find this out by doing the Black Records quest only available in NG+. There is also a bonus dungeon and boss in NG+ too. Embedded is the video for his quest.

Mad spoilers, though.

Yeah, I gave him the Black Records. I assume this shit happens during the epilogue. I won't watch the video but I'm excited to get back into it.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/781982306093371392

So pretty much everyone Sara dislikes ends up being a huge fucking deal? When will Heinrich reveal he's secretly the vice president of Calvard?

So I picked up my save, played through the epilogue a bit and got to this point

These games NEVER EVER cease to make me smile from excitement. It just feels like the plot ball's rolling and never going to stop. Everything is just set up so awesomely.

It makes me feel like he's going to return in 3 as well.

Also on that note, when you help Sara clean her room, she says she has some stuff to pass to Rean, but it wasn't the proper time.

Jesus fucking christ, the final chapter in Cold Steel II is basically a full-on info dump.

I have so, so many fucking questions.

Thomas is literally just a "morally good" version of Alba/Weisman.

There are still two more chapters.

Literally literally, as he's the Gral knight associate with Space.

Great game, great soundtrack, but keep GameFAQs open unless you wanna devote the next couple years to it.

All these bitches. All for me.

Thanks for the Thomas spoiler you fucking idiots

We're gonna need a new topic soon…