Can we talk about Flint and neglect of infrastructure in general

Can we talk about Flint and neglect of infrastructure in general.

Before the flint saga began Rick Snyder forced Detroit to pay their water bills. Anyone else besides my self-remember how they were passing around leaflets on how to pour cement down the shut-off valve pipes? Well, the niggers had not paid their bills for years, so the liberals created so much outrage over rick shutting them down.

Fast forward to Flint. After switching over to a different source of water, something happened that caused minerals to be dislodged from the pipe. The city residents had brown water coming out of their taps. Most likely the broke ass city hadn't flushed their hydrants and water system for years.

The liberals are claiming that switching to the flint river as a source caused lead to leak and contaminate the water. Yet there are over 5000 cities who have lead-contaminated water due to aging infrastructure. The lead was in the pipe joints, valves, and some sections of pipe such as the section that connects the house to the water main. None of those cities use the flint river, yet they all have lead & mineral issues. Some cities have been caught cheating the water tests, Chicago refuses to replace their lead-tainted infrastructure because it's so cost prohibited.

When Flint switched over they had brown water, so somebody went and tested it. So either

-they were covering it up the entire time, and the brown water brought attention which lead to testing.

-They were covering it up and decided to come halfway clean about the lead in order to slander Rick Snyider after Detroit.

Other urls found in this thread:

cen.acs.org/articles/94/i7/Lead-Ended-Flints-Tap-Water.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The decaying state of America’s infrastructure is an issue. Is there no federal body that overlooks America’s drinking water? Is it all done on a state level?

I would say its the first. He was already on his second term as governor and was always a pretty good goy

better than granholm,.

My point was even if they wanted to damage his reputation there was nothing to gain from it.

Its on city/town level. If you live in a dindu city then the water will poison you. Live in a good town then you are OK. Best bet would be having your own well.

We would be more fucked if the feds where in charge. Everything they touch goes to shit.

It really seems to me that America needs to balkanize, multiracial nations always collapse. Save what you can.

Everyone in flint can fucking die and we'd be much better off.

t.saginaw

Major liberal cities need to become city states to get the leaches off the backs of the Rural. NYC is way different that Rural NY.

If I remember correctly the problem with flint was the city council did not install any corrosion inhibitors like they should have, so the (corrosive) water ate away at the protective layer of scale inside the pipes exposing the lead and then dissolving the lead into the water. Flint had its water trucked in from detroit before but that was pricey so they switched to the river.

As for other cities I couldn't tell you, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of age and public officials neglecting to do what they need to and then covering it up. No one wants to spend the cash to fix our infrastructure because then that's not money spent on illegals and a politician saying 'I fixed our water problems!' rather then 'I increased welfare!' isn't going to win an election.

Half of Saginaw can die too though, you know it's true. Split down the middle

That's a lie because if the water was THAT bad that it would eat away my picture to expose the lead pipe in a few months, they would have never switched over to the flint water.

So what do people in Flint do for water? I presume a lot of people have left the area as a result?

No shit we need to balkanize, we tried in 1861 - how do we succeed next time?

>>>/israel/

I'm not sure there's much of a conspiracy here. Just more nigger-bankrupted nigger-led jurisdictions making nigger decisions.

cen.acs.org/articles/94/i7/Lead-Ended-Flints-Tap-Water.html

The water IS that bad. It took nearly a year to dissolve the mineral crust in fairly corrosive, stagnant water after the new incompetent utility took over.

All municipalities I know of chlorinate, and most fluoridate. City folk are basically drinking a cocktail of diluted toothpaste, pool water, and birth control.

You fucking juggalos and your Faygo.

You're also talking about a city run by blacks, this level of incompetency should be expected. The water would've been fine had they taken the necessary precautions but they didn't; in their own words they took a 'wait and see' approach. They were most likely told it was still consumable so they thought it was perfectly fine.

I'm personally in favor of walling off libshit cities and cutting them off from everything while recording what happens as reality TV.

Op is Alex Jones trying to sell you a water filter. But seriously, wtf OP? Africans are laughing at you with that diarrhea liquid. You bath in that? You grow a tail yet? Hair fall oit?

SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THOSE WATER FILTERS, FAGGOTS!!!

I'm half-convinced that the reason why they're deliberately ignoring the decaying infrastructure is because their near future plans involve war or massive natural disasters for this country. Why invest billions into infrastructure if it's all going to be blown into dust in a few years? They control city and state officials through greed, but the officials at the top know the real deal.

Go clean your room.

Exactly

Please educate yourself before posting or at least read a fucking wikipedia entry. Flint went bankrupt so the governor appointed an Emergency Manager who decided to switch from buying treated water from Detroit to reviving the Flint water plant which they used before being turned into an industrial waste spillzone. Government water quality experts "forgot" to treat the water properly, resulting in the corrosion of lead pipes and lead leaking into the water, not to mention all of the other superfund waste that they were pouring into the Flint River. Basically all of the testimony has shown how far incompetence, responsibility shifting, and general neglect reaches into every level of the corporate hierarchy. Two people working for the water department have been charged for involuntary manslaughter so far, but huge news has come out looking at the outbreak of Legionella and the huge dropoff in births due to water toxicity. The experts, the people working for the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, EPA, Governor, doctors, all knew the water was fucky. Even General Motors knew something was up because they switched to their own system privately after the water started fucking up their engineering systems. There are a few interesting rabbitholes concerning the sewage deals industrial companies had to release hazardous waste into the Flint, larger land deals that could benefit from the area having no population, etc. but it is an accepted fact that the government officials knew the water was poisoned and didnt inform the public for months.

The governor who signed off on all the shit is white. The people who were supposed to be water "experts" setting the shit up were white. The mayor who resigned was white. The officials who told them the water was fine were white. Flint is half black half white dipshit

That's a lot of words to just say: "The whites mostly left and the Jews took over."

Looking forward to our future.

They had stations where you could wait in line for your government rationed Nestle value pack of bottles and passed out filters and switched back to Detroit's water system. They are supposed to replace all of the lead pipes, but i remember reading most of the maps are lost or old as fuck so they arent even sure where all of them are located, the state can't afford it anyways. Home values plummeted since the crisis and the city itself is a rust belt industrial casualty, so people are even too broke to move

TLDR version :^)

_C1TYofFL1NT__ on twatter good resource, og flint head who helped blow the shithole open

The only answer is massive reporting fraud and a cover-up (on-going for decades, most likely). Here's how it works:

All 'surface water' (ie rivers, lakes, streams, etc) that is being used for discharge of effluent from either sewage treatment plants or industrial plants MUST be within certain guidelines set forth by the Clean Water Act of 1984, which is regulated by the EPA. The same Act contains guidelines for all 'surface water' influent that is coming into drinking water plants, so it is as though the water is tested twice for compliance: once when discharging effluent from Plant A upstream, and again when piping in influent at Plant B downstream. The water is also tested multiple times at the various treatment stages within each plant. These guidelines set acceptable limits for bacteria, heavy metals, etc. and are tested at the local level, with the results sent on to whatever state environmental agency, and finally forwarded by the state to the Feds. So in order for the water to be this bad, there had to be massive fraud in reporting at both the local AND state levels, as well as massive fraud in reporting discharge effluent AND drinking water influent levels.

Most states also have Industrial Pre-treatment programs set in place to force corporations/industries to 'pre-treat' the discharge before it is even floated downstream to the water treatment facility to treat again. This reduces the cost burden of the local treatment facilities, as most are not equipped to remove certain chemicals and heavy metals and are designed more with removal of solid waste and pathogens in mind (pro-tip: if you ever have to go innawoods for THE Happening, no amount of boiling or UV sterilization will remove cryptosporidium. This hard spore WILL kill you and is impervious to heat, bleach, etc, but is large enough to be filtered out. Always keep a filter in your supplies or learn how to layer substrates properly for filtration. In an emergency, articles of clothing can be used, e.g. Preferably tightly woven synthetics such as nylon or spandex/Lycra).

And for any Anons looking for a career move, most local govts almost always have Waste Water Operator positions available and will pay for training and licensing because nobody wants to work with shit. But the pay is phenomenal (Class III Operators can make over 6 figures/year), and we always say that it, "Smells like money to me." And just as people will always need doctors and funeral homes, they will also always need clean drinking water.

t. Licensed Waste & Drinking Water Operator

There is a fucking pipleline from Detroit to Flint FFS trucking water that far would cost a fortune let alone how many trucks would it take to bring a million gals/day?

No. Whites left and niggers were left to manage things on their own. They fucked things up as they do, cause they cannot figure out how to run a society without war-lords and raping. I'm sure some jew got some government kick backs pushed through once it was total nigger dominance in the local politics, which resulted in their decline quicker, but it's really a distinction without a difference, niggers always ruin things for themselves, doesn't matter if he handed moshe some cheddar before drinking lead water.

My brother's a civil engineer and been head project manager for many billion dollar projects. He's throughly convinced that they could have fixed the problem with a a fraction of what they estimate. I feel like it's become a racket for the local politicians and contractors to get rich quick without doing anything, ensuring that they'll have more "work" and money coming(Trump just gave 100million to flint recently iirc)…

Is anyone other then r/the_Donald still anti balkanization at this point?

That fire hydrant photo is fucking retarded, they all do this when water stagnates in an iron pipe for months.

Niggers